Author Topic: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Touhou Ten Desires [TRIAL], an article full of desires and SPOILERS!  (Read 275788 times)

Character abilities, because someone asked.

Reimu:
In the spirit world, the small spirits will gather automatically. (I'm guessing, she sucks up the little spirits)
Small hitbox.

Marisa:
In the spirit world, high damage and movement speed.
Easy to gather items.

Sanae:
Spirit gauge refills quickly.

Youmu:
Focused movement hitbox is extremely small.
High damage in the spirit world.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Sanae:
Spirit gauge refills quickly.
Sanae confirmed for best at scoring.

Youmu:
Focused movement hitbox is extremely small.
High damage in the spirit world.

Well, at least somebody besides Reimu can have a small hitbox this time.

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
ZUN has said before that he intended to have Myouren be the final boss of 12, but he couldn't do that because he didn't want to break the tradition of girls as final bosses.

Meanwhile though we're headed into the graveyard behind the Myouren temple.

As said I doubt he'll be the final boss - but a stage 4/5 boss (or an extra boss) is not completely out of the question.
While I'd be fine with Myouren this time around chances are that the people in the graveyard have no direct connection to the temple.  The temple is just where the Myouren crew decided to set up shop in Gensoukyo, not thier old stomping grounds.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
Is it just me, or is the music looping too quickly this time around? :(

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
And survival, depending on how you time your trance.

And BOY does she fill up quickly; managed to jack that meter up by ONE WHOLE ICON in the opening wave alone.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

And survival, depending on how you time your trance.

And BOY does she fill up quickly; managed to jack that meter up by ONE WHOLE ICON in the opening wave alone.

Doesn't it start with 1 icon?

EDIT: Nevemrind, I get what you mean.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 03:50:44 AM by Kytoxid »

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
Is anyone able to get a smaller screen resolution?

I can pretty much only get it to play in windowed. Anything I put in full screen causes a horrible mess.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
I dunno. No matter what resolution I choose, I keep getting fullscreen.

Reimu's homing is proving much more useful.

Vicks

• Hurr Durr
  • WRYYYY
Anyone getting a glitch where they can't move left while holding focus + shoot?
I am a thinker. I cast light on various concepts. I can unveil the world's dark secrets if I so please. And yet, there is a single enigma that even I cannot clarify.  - Renko Usami

I am a dreamer. I wander through countless dreams. If I will, I can even walk the roads of the land of illusion. And yet, there is a single vision that even I cannot grasp. - Maribel Han

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
Anyone getting a glitch where they can't move left while holding focus + shoot?

Its probably keyboard wiring. Like how sometimes, I tend to move left while the keys are on right.

Vicks, I had that problem with Fairy Wars. Haven't noticed it here yet.
I also haven't had any resolution problems. I've used it both windowed and fullscreen succesfully.

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
Went wtf at yuyuko
And "ZUN you troll" at kogasa
Secksee game so far. sadly it's crashing in crossover/wine.

I'm gonna expect something like "Kogasa will appear in the next game" as a new meme.
And now.... TOUHOU 14 SPECULAT-*shot*

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
Went wtf at yuyuko
It seems like ZUN is trying to make Stage 1s more memorable, first with UFO where Nazrin was actually related to plot and reappears in stage 5 and now this in TD.  :o

Also, omg awesome, surprise Kogasa appearance =D.

7TC7

• In best company
I dunno. No matter what resolution I choose, I keep getting fullscreen.

Just press F10 after the game started up.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
Do you guys remember that replay bug? It was really a stage one replay bug. Stage 2 and Stage 3 started up fine however, if you beat stage 1 in replay mode, the replay is now broken meaning stage practices. However, it doesn't save score but it saves your life stocks, bombs and power points.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
I've played it, and I must say I'm amazed by some things while disappointed about others here.
the athmosphere for instance, it's just amazing. it starts out fittingly during the difficulty selection screen. Very dark, with a serious mood, with a little beauty mixed in it. That stage one theme is just so beautiful. And the background, too. Just about all backgrounds in this game are great. Same goes for the stage 3 theme, it fits perfectly with the background. Cold and dark, low-pitched strings and piano. Amazin'.
Now, as for the gameplay... well fuck, grabbing those orbs is annoying and dangerous. and you die easily despite the lower difficulty of this game. The danmaku of the bosses seems extremely crappy to me. Probably the lowest quality i've come accross in an official touhou game till now. Even Double Spoiler had better cards.
And now, the boss themes. They all sound alike. They all abuse the same intervals and are barely memorable to me. So yeah, I don't really like them.
The players? It's great having 4 playable characters. Their graphics get more amazing with every game.  Unfortunately there isn't any new gimmick in them. Reimu has the homing stuff, marisa has a non-penetrating laser with an earrape sound effect, Sanae has a spreadish shot, and youmu has stalker familiars and a charge slash from pofv. They are sufficient for playing this game however, so I don't really mind that.
The characters are p cool. I'm glad ZUN decided to bring back some characters. Like Yuyuko. But isn't it sad, getting downgraded? I think not. It's quite amazing she even made it to a new shooting game. Stage 2 boss is quite cute~ and so is the stage 3 boss. who is quite an interesting character and has a bit too many similarities to Meiling. Oh wait, it IS meiling....

nya

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
I can pretty much only get it to play in windowed. Anything I put in full screen causes a horrible mess.

I can only do 640x480 in full screen. If I choose any other resolution it loads windowed mode then crashes.

wooterz

640x480 is the only fullscreen resolution, as usual.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Myouren (As a ghost) is going to be the stage 5 boss.

The stage 6 boss is going to be some evil youkai (or maybe an evil human) he had to seal away.

I think a final boss who is actually evil would be just as tradition breaking as a male final boss IMO. Though it's possible evil in gensokyo means evil as much as exterminate means pre-teaparty friendly sparring.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
We've had an evil final boss before, if you count the partially resurrected Yuyuko acting on behalf of the Saigyou Ayakashi. I don't want a male final boss, though. Stage five, okay, stage six, no. And definitely not for the extra stage.

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

I really love some of Kyouko's cards. I don't know why people find the cards bad...

Vicks

• Hurr Durr
  • WRYYYY
Is Youmu the only char with a charge shot? Or am I not searching hard enough?
I am a thinker. I cast light on various concepts. I can unveil the world's dark secrets if I so please. And yet, there is a single enigma that even I cannot clarify.  - Renko Usami

I am a dreamer. I wander through countless dreams. If I will, I can even walk the roads of the land of illusion. And yet, there is a single vision that even I cannot grasp. - Maribel Han

Formless God

ちーかよーるなー

Spoiler:
took forever; blank BG ... as usual
:fail:

goddamn man why are you not drawing cutins for me :derp: :derp:
So ... the end of April then ? :V

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
^ You, sir, deserve an infinite amount of cookies.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
The issue with the dialogue being unable to be scrolled through seems to happen whenever you beat the demo once.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
Yep, she's got a good complexion for a zombie, alright (and Reimu knows all about that yes? Proof that ZUN is keeping an eye on us)

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

marukyuu

• "Why always ATAI?"
  • The strongest striker...?
Oh man, I'm enjoying TH13 Hard Mode more than any other Hard Mode in the series. Words can't describe how awesome it is. :ohdear:
<-- Sig by Suikama