Author Topic: Guide me along this barren path  (Read 171216 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Guide me along this barren path
« Reply #930 on: July 12, 2009, 01:56:41 AM »
>What is this, Fluxx?

>The infinite is possible with Z-Machine. The unattainable is unknown with Z-Machine. Yes...

> Ask Sakuya to find Patchy and hide somewhere safe (oh, Koakuma too)
> Go open the basement door and tell Flandre that someone wants to play in her sister's room
> Hope Flandre can take care of Parsee and Yuugi while you hide.

>If it all fails, hope nobody else finds out you let Flandre out. And pray to Suwako.

>"Wait, what are you..." Sakuya asks, before you depart.
>It is not difficult for you to find the basement door; it is just to the north of the library. It is a very distinctive door as well, being made of steel. Still, it is weighted curiously, and opens without too much trauma on your part. "I-is this very smart?" Mystia asks, as you call your invitation to play down into the basement.
>You take cover. However, there doesn't seem to be any kind of reaction from within the basement. Certainly there is no hurricane of shrieking Flandre emerging from the depths to avenge all.
>You pray to Suwako, and feel kind of a fluttering sensation in your stomach for a moment.

> Try Everything

>Nyoro~n...

>_

« Reply #931 on: July 12, 2009, 03:05:08 AM »
>Enter basement.
>This had better not be a bad end.
Advocate of Transhumanism

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #932 on: July 12, 2009, 03:14:52 AM »
>Enter basement.
>This had better not be a bad end.

>You descend into the basement. The steps are stone, curving gently downwards. After making a a complete circuit, they open to a broad, dimly lit chamber.
>You feel a curious sensation as you walk into the basement. The air here is clean, feeling rather sterile. There is a sense of...stillness here. In a way, it feels as though you've entered a church. In another way, it feels as though you've come into a quiet hospital. The senses of stillness and sterility intermingle, giving you a sense that you are profaning this place slightly with your presense. There are few furnishings: just a bed, a table, and a chair; the latter two have an aura of disuse about them. Sitting upon that bed, legs crossed and arms folded, is Flandre. She regards you impassively.
>"You have brought greater impurity into my sanctum," she says in a voice free of accusation, simply noting the fact. "Why is this?"

>_

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #933 on: July 12, 2009, 03:37:33 AM »
>check sanity
>"I was hoping to talk about what's been going on with the main mansion recently."
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #934 on: July 12, 2009, 03:42:02 AM »
>check sanity
>"I was hoping to talk about what's been going on with the main mansion recently."

>You don't recall if there was a hat check desk anywhere for you to put it.
>"Ah," Says Flandre. "Your concern is touching. But it has nothing to do with this one. I merely wait, and ponder the riddles. To this one, the affairs among the impure are meaningless." While one could easily construe her words as irritated or possibly angry, her tone does not suggest this. It's hard to read any kind of emotion in it.

>_

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #935 on: July 12, 2009, 03:58:51 AM »
>Break the metaphorical 4th Wall to read the game manual to see if there are any tips on getting Flandre to cause a ruckus (or start a coup) upstairs without getting caught in the crossfire, immediate or otherwise.

>Succeeding (or failing) that, try and think if whatever family you left behind had any advice on dealing with vampires that did not involve killing them or sealing them away. Advice on fleeing them is optional and/or bonus, as we may need to do that if Flan-Negotiations fall through.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 04:01:50 AM by MBurusu »
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #936 on: July 12, 2009, 04:11:59 AM »
>Break the metaphorical 4th Wall to read the game manual to see if there are any tips on getting Flandre to cause a ruckus (or start a coup) upstairs without getting caught in the crossfire, immediate or otherwise.

>Succeeding (or failing) that, try and think if whatever family you left behind had any advice on dealing with vampires that did not involve killing them or sealing them away. Advice on fleeing them is optional and/or bonus, as we may need to do that if Flan-Negotiations fall through.

>The manual in its entirety: "Type things to get results. Try not to get eaten by a grue."
>You think about your vampire knowledge: They're not supposed to be able to cross running water, right? You don't know about garlic, though; there was some of that in the kitchen. Oh! Sunlight's a problem for them, and it's a nice day outside. Then again...are vampires usually like this?

>_

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #937 on: July 12, 2009, 04:18:37 AM »

>The manual in its entirety: "Type things to get results. Try not to get eaten by a grue."
>You think about your vampire knowledge: They're not supposed to be able to cross running water, right? You don't know about garlic, though; there was some of that in the kitchen. Oh! Sunlight's a problem for them, and it's a nice day outside. Then again...are vampires usually like this?

>_

You asked for it.

>Ulyaoth, Narokath, Redgormor.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #938 on: July 12, 2009, 04:23:57 AM »

>First, you don't have any runes. Secondly, you end with the Ancient, not begin with it. That being said, if there was a place I'd use Reveal Invisible, this would be it. So good thinking on your part.

>_

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #939 on: July 12, 2009, 04:27:45 AM »

>First, you don't have any runes. Secondly, you end with the Ancient, not begin with it. That being said, if there was a place I'd use Reveal Invisible, this would be it. So good thinking on your part.

>_

>Ask if Koishi's around.
Failing that,
>Ask Koishi where she is.

EDIT: Also, Purvis, you win an Internet for knowing what the hell I was asking to cast. And I really should have remembered that (the 'end with ancient' bit). X_X
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 04:37:35 AM by MBurusu »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #940 on: July 12, 2009, 05:18:24 AM »
>Ask if Koishi's around.
>Ask Koishi where she is.

>"This one is not aware of a Koishi," says Flandre.

>_

« Reply #941 on: July 12, 2009, 05:20:44 AM »
>Ask Fran what her wings taste like, and is each crystal a different flavor.
>Do something useful as well.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #942 on: July 12, 2009, 05:23:54 AM »
>continue breathing as the useful thing

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #943 on: July 12, 2009, 05:27:04 AM »
>Ask Fran what her wings taste like, and is each crystal a different flavor.
>Do something useful as well.

>Flandre shakes her head slightly. "Flavor is a sensation that this one has discarded long ago. It is felt to be a distraction from my purpose."

>continue breathing as the useful thing

>You examine your breathing. Yep, it still works!

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #944 on: July 12, 2009, 05:37:38 AM »
>"Do I want to know about your purpose?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #945 on: July 12, 2009, 05:43:56 AM »
>"Do I want to know about your purpose?"

>"It may be inevitable that you learn of this one's purpose," says Flandre. She looks to Kaguya. "For you, it is inevitable. But such is the nature of the riddles."
>Kaguya nods back calmly.

>_

« Reply #946 on: July 12, 2009, 05:47:50 AM »
>Ask fran if you can eat her.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #947 on: July 12, 2009, 05:54:22 AM »
>Ask fran if you can eat her.

>"That would hinder this one's purpose." says Flandre with a shake of her head.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #948 on: July 12, 2009, 06:02:52 AM »
>Technically, that doesn't answer our question of it being possible to eat her, rather than being allowed to eat her.

>solve "The world is a vampire."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #949 on: July 12, 2009, 06:18:07 AM »
>Technically, that doesn't answer our question of it being possible to eat her, rather than being allowed to eat her.

>solve "The world is a vampire."

>It does as far as Flandre is concerned.
>You quickly arrive at a solution: The World is a Ghetto.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #950 on: July 12, 2009, 07:07:21 AM »
>Search the room for an invisible entity (or satori OR kappa, if you want to be a Literal Genie about it) -- if none are found, ask them to hold still, please, and then search again.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #951 on: July 12, 2009, 07:16:43 AM »
>Search the room for an invisible entity (or satori OR kappa, if you want to be a Literal Genie about it) -- if none are found, ask them to hold still, please, and then search again.

>You are not really finding any signs of invisible entities, even when you ask nicely. Flandre watches you for a moment, then asks, "This one wishes to know what you are doing, and why it is so."

>_

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #952 on: July 12, 2009, 07:29:20 AM »
>Explain to her that a text parser gave us a hint that a 'Reveal Invisible' spell would be a Good Thing right about now.

>Ask if she has any runes along the lines of "Ulyaoth, Nethlek, Redgormor."

>Check inventory. With examination of each object as only a text-based adventurer can.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #953 on: July 12, 2009, 07:48:40 AM »
> Check Flan's cup size

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #954 on: July 12, 2009, 07:52:56 AM »
> Check Flan's cup size

>Reconsider this for a moment before going further, as I believe we value our continued legionic existance.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #955 on: July 12, 2009, 07:54:43 AM »
>hovercraft full of eels

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #956 on: July 12, 2009, 08:04:45 AM »
> Tewi Penis

« Reply #957 on: July 12, 2009, 08:20:29 AM »
>"If I said you have a beautiful body, would you hold it against me? I am no longer infected." 

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #958 on: July 12, 2009, 08:29:45 AM »
>Explain to her that a text parser gave us a hint that a 'Reveal Invisible' spell would be a Good Thing right about now.
>Ask if she has any runes along the lines of "Ulyaoth, Nethlek, Redgormor."
>Check inventory. With examination of each object as only a text-based adventurer can.

>"There is nothing invisible in this one's sanctum," says Flandre. "Invisibility is impure."
>When asked about runes, she tilts her head. "This one has considered the use of runes in solving the riddles, but there seems to be no especial way they would be useful."
>Oh I hate it when you do that.
>Your inventory contains:
>Aspirin
>This is a bottle of buffered aspirin with a childproof cap. The bottle feels about a third of the way full. The instructions suggest taking two every 6-8 hours with water until pain stops. Should pain persist for more than ten days, see a doctor.
>Ibuprofen
>This is a bottle of Ibuprofen with a childproof cap. The bottle feels about a third of the way full. The instructions suggest taking two every 6-8 hours with water until pain stops, it seems to be particularly recommended for muscle pain. Should pain persist for more than ten days, see a doctor.
>Heal Brand potion.
>This purplish potion is kept in a small glass vial. The instructions say to drink when wounded, and cautions against mixing with alcohol or taking more than three a day. There is an logo of a rabbit silhouette against a moon on the front.
>Antacids
>The multicolored calcium tablets are kept in a plastic bottle with a flip top. The instructions say to take as many as necessary in case of heartburn.
>Cough Drops
>These are mentholated tablets designed to be dissolved in one's mouth to relieve coughing fits and sore throats. The instructions caution not to have more than six a day.
>Electric razor. (disassembled, out of power)
>This is a battery powered handheld electric shaver. You find some white hairs lingering in the trap. It is out of power.
>The Clothes on your Back
>They are plain clothes. Rumia gnawed on the sleeve at one point.
>Cement Boot (In Rumia's Possession)
>This is a boot made of concrete. It's exterior looks rather uncomfortable, but the inside seems to be well padded and designed to give excellent arch support.
>Plastic Doll Bits
>This is a collection of doll eyes, legs, and arms. It is a little creepy to look at.
>10 Spare Needles (In Mystia's possession)
>These needles are made for hand sewing.
>Fireflies in a Jar w/Poltergeist Saliva
>This is a jar with five fireflies in it. The bottom has a small film of poltergiest saliva on the bottom. The fireflies cling to the side, glowing periodically.
>Dinged Up Proton Pack w/Ghost Trap
>Nitori's Proton Pack. One wonders why she had it with her? It includes a ghost trap. However, preior uses have dinged it up pretty badly. It seems user friendly!
>Yukari's Cap. (Worn a hat)
>The cap of Yukari Yakumo. This cap was in Rinnosuke's possession until you traded a Wriggle's spare cape for it. Presumably she would like it back. Rumia chewed on it a little.
>Rumia's Ribbon
>Rumor has it that Rumia could not remove it herself. It is made of cotton.
>Silver Dragonfly
>This silver dragonfly has a blue underbelly, it looks like the kind children enjoy catching. Upon closer inspection, it is actually made of silver.
>Giygas Made of Bee Pollen
>This looks like small representation of the Giygas Made of Bees. Thankfully, it doesn't buzz at you in that awful voice. Despite being a distributed mess of pollen, it is pretty sturdy.

> Check Flan's cup size

>It seems to be one cup. You are not sure if she used sugar, but given her emphasis on purity she probably likes her tea undiluted.

>hovercraft full of eels

>You have insufficient kappa for such a feat.

> Tewi Penis

>Tewi don't live here!

>"If I said you have a beautiful body, would you hold it against me? I am no longer infected." 

>Flandre tilts her head again. "Beauty may have a role in the riddles, it has been considered. This one does not hold it against you. Grudges have no place in my purpose."

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #959 on: July 12, 2009, 08:42:28 AM »
> 10 -> 9 -> 8 -> 7 -> 6 -> 5 -> 4 -> 3 -> 2 -> 1 -> ?