Author Topic: Keep reading the news!  (Read 64629 times)

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
Re: Keep reading the news!
« Reply #510 on: March 10, 2011, 03:18:09 AM »
Welp, Wisconsinites just got fucked up the ass.

>:(

Only thing now is to hope this goes to the State Supreme Court and gets thrown out. Because now that it's gone through the House and Senate, The Imperial Walker just has to sign it into law.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Mocking Morning

• Tonight We Stand In Circles!
  • DHS Danmaku Inspector
« Reply #511 on: March 10, 2011, 06:47:24 PM »

Only thing now is to hope this goes to the State Supreme Court and gets thrown out. Because now that it's gone through the House and Senate, The Imperial Walker just has to sign it into law.

Yeah, I think it's time for this Governor to get hit with a recall election.
How many times have you woken up and asked yourself: What the hell am I doing?
Today, your plane did not blow up thanks to the cooperation of Touhou Girls and TSA Officers.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #512 on: March 10, 2011, 07:32:07 PM »

I will never understand the conservative hatred/fear of unions. Think there are Mafia ties? Please. This isn't the 70s, and if there were mob folks in the unions, well, you arrest them - just as a few criminals in Congress doesn't mean we scrap democracy. Think the union officials get paid too much? Cap their salaries by law. Think they have too much influence in Congress? Don't make me laugh. Unions will never, ever be able to lobby as hard or as well as defense contractors. Think they strike too much? I guarantee you that for every strike you hear about, there are literally dozens upon dozens of successful collective bargaining agreements signed.

Collective bargaining is a basic, fundamental right of every working person in the world. If you remove the ability of employees to choose representatives to negotiate the terms of their working contract, you make things worse for both labor and management. That's the part these people don't get. Their arrogant defiance in the face of the demands of their constituency only underlines just how disconnected these people are from their own base. But I guess you can't expect the same people who hold $1000-a-plate fundraisers to understand - or care - what working people want.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #513 on: March 13, 2011, 06:13:07 AM »
This was the most even-handed source I found for this.  Five Israelis murdered in Itamar, including a three-year old and a four-month-old.

I will say nothing but this: whoever did this...congratulations.  You've just set peace back another five years.  You twisted bastard.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Huckebein

« Reply #514 on: March 14, 2011, 04:11:47 PM »
Apparently a former employee of Bank of America is looking to expose them for fraud and wrongful foreclosues.

A hacker organization known as Anonymous released a series of e-mails on Monday provided by a former Bank of America employee who claims they show how a division of the bank sought to hide information on foreclosures.

The bank unit, Balboa Insurance, was acquired by Bank of America when it bought the mortgage lender Countrywide Financial in 2008. Balboa deals in so-called force-placed insurance coverage on mortgages. The e-mail messages concern the removal of information linking loans to other documentation.

There's also this blog post here, where you can download the e-mails and read them for yourself.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #515 on: March 14, 2011, 04:16:31 PM »
Apparently a former employee of Bank of America is looking to expose them for fraud and wrongful foreclosues.

There's also this blog post here, where you can download the e-mails and read them for yourself.

There was something here once. Wonder what...

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby

« Reply #517 on: March 14, 2011, 08:08:38 PM »
A group of "hackers."

Never gets old.

noodles

• No
  • Don't
    • tumblr
« Reply #518 on: March 14, 2011, 08:10:49 PM »
HACKERS ON STEROIDS

BETTER BUY A DOG

Edible

« Reply #519 on: March 14, 2011, 08:15:38 PM »
HACKERS ON STEROIDS

BETTER BUY A DOG

A tiny dog with no front legs? :O

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #520 on: March 14, 2011, 09:15:03 PM »
It's a sign of status, yo.
It's like saying the world "Hey, I can have a dog with no front legs man."

Tengukami

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #522 on: March 14, 2011, 09:58:02 PM »
Doggy wheel legs. Why is it so adorable?

« Reply #523 on: March 14, 2011, 10:21:49 PM »
And all this talk about Japan's Earthquake has almost made me forget about the unrest in the middle east where things really aren't getting any better, even in Egypt :ohdear:

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #524 on: March 14, 2011, 10:24:55 PM »
I wonder if they've considered this solution.
Quote from: the article
Adapting: The puppies were said to be showing tremendous resilience and enthusiasm despite their disability and may be candidates for wheeled carts
Yep, looks like it.

MayKissingDoveWyks

• I can't stop being a perv!
« Reply #526 on: March 15, 2011, 03:13:16 PM »
Gilbert Gottfried gets fired by Aflac for being a cuntbag pile of fucking shit.
Like several of the comments said:
Unless the tweets have been provided, we cannot judge what he said by what the article or what Aflac tells us.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found exact copies of two of the jokes here

EDIT #2: It appears that there were more of them... And maybe more than ten...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 03:21:38 PM by 四季身動き横行 »

Edible

« Reply #527 on: March 15, 2011, 03:18:33 PM »
I saw the tweets.  They're revolting, even for a comedian known for revolting humor.

Seventh Holy Scripture

• Err... d'ya need somethin' from me?
« Reply #528 on: March 18, 2011, 12:00:48 AM »
UN authorises no-fly zone over Libya

Great news. Hopefully the revolutionaries still have a chance.

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #529 on: March 18, 2011, 11:22:59 AM »
UN authorises no-fly zone over Libya

Great news. Hopefully the revolutionaries still have a chance.
I personally like the "all necessary measures" to protect citizens, I wonder just how far we'll take that though.

Huckebein

« Reply #530 on: March 18, 2011, 03:20:26 PM »
I personally like the "all necessary measures" to protect citizens, I wonder just how far we'll take that though.
Well, being limited to air strikes means no boots on the ground, at least.

There are currently unconfirmed reports that, despite the cease-fire, pro-government forces are persisting in their attack on the city of Misrata.

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #531 on: March 18, 2011, 05:06:52 PM »
Well, being limited to air strikes means no boots on the ground, at least.

There are currently unconfirmed reports that, despite the cease-fire, pro-government forces are persisting in their attack on the city of Misrata.

What I meant by that was more of, are we gonna blow up their tanks and artillery units since they're attacking a town and could be considered endangering citizens?

There's so many ways to play with that wording.

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #532 on: March 18, 2011, 05:32:13 PM »
Any country flying over Lybia will probably attack some ground targets, such as radar stations and SAM sites.  Pilots enforcing a no fly zone dislike being shot down.  Beyond that?  I doubt it, but I could be surprised.  Gaddafi doesn't really have a lot of friends.

I've heard rumors the Egyptians are letting weapons in across the border, but that may just be wishful thinking on the internet's part.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #533 on: March 18, 2011, 05:36:19 PM »
Send them cameras. The more evidence there is of Gaddafi's actions there are, the less troublesome any war crimes trial would be.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #534 on: March 18, 2011, 05:54:57 PM »

Stop right there, governor scum!

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Edible

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #537 on: March 18, 2011, 09:25:36 PM »
Stop right there, governor scum!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the judge is not reviewing the bill itself, but how it passed. More specifically, that the Republicans did not give enough time between announcing the session and voting. I don't see how that, at all, helps the union workers outside of delaying the inevitable unless the following quote has more weight than I give it credit for.
The judge's order gave public workers in the state more time to bargain new and better contracts with municipal authorities -- deals that could allow them to skirt the law's strict measures during the length of those contracts.

Aside from that, it seems that, even if it's thrown out, all the Republicans have to do is rewrite the bill in the same exact wording, wait 24 hours, and pass it again with the Democrat senators being helpless to stop it.

EDIT: I was worried yesterday that the U.N. vote came too late, but wow it's amazing how fast Lybia went from "no mercy" to cease-fire. Was it the threat of troops, or thre threat of permanent negative international relations with the West, or what? I'm not much for politics, so I'm interested as to what exactly could change a dictator's mind that fast.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 09:31:16 PM by Mimeslayer »

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Tengukami

« Reply #538 on: March 18, 2011, 09:31:34 PM »
The Wisconsin GOP is dead in the water at this point though. They may be obstinate on this point, but even these guys can see the writing on the wall. If they want to be re-elected, they're going to have to backpedal somehow, and even then the damage may have already been done.

Seventh Holy Scripture

• Err... d'ya need somethin' from me?
« Reply #539 on: March 18, 2011, 09:48:26 PM »
The Wisconsin GOP is dead in the water at this point though. They may be obstinate on this point, but even these guys can see the writing on the wall. If they want to be re-elected, they're going to have to backpedal somehow, and even then the damage may have already been done.

I think they had no confidence in their ability to get re-elected and that's why they had the cojones to pull something like this in the first place. Go out with a bang, as they say.