Author Topic: Gensokyo Worker's Facepalm Mafia - Topic 2, Game Over, Man, Game Over  (Read 73710 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Gensokyo Worker's Union Mafia - Topic 2, Day 3
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2009, 01:20:32 AM »
Also, Naruto is scum?

I don't believe it!

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2009, 01:25:42 AM »
ahh okay..

Naturo + Bleah is obvscum
we'll have to depend on ur word then.

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2009, 01:27:40 AM »
With 10 left alive, it's 6 to lynch.

##Vote: Neitz

Also FoS: Zakeri for being third on a wagon Wait, that's not this place >.>

Also, can I see the case on Donut as it's presented to him? I know he was under suspicion and broke under pressure (which has happened to him more times as town than as mafia, just so you know) But besides that part, What exactly do I need Knifing for?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2009, 01:28:51 AM »
Let's Play Danmaku Detective Game! Vote Count:

Zakeri (0): Edible
Nietz (4): Serpentarius, Edible, UncertainKitten, Zakeri

Not voting: Everyone else

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. You have ~74.5 hours remaining.

Rules have been reposted in the second post in this topic per request.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Edible

« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2009, 01:31:52 AM »
donut's case can be summed up by terrible terrible play, but you're welcome to read this, as it (and the rest of the votes after it) shows pretty much everyone's stance on donut.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2009, 01:42:33 AM »
I can't access the old forum archive, so Letty sent it to me page-by-page in HTML.  What page are you linking to, Edible?
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Edible

« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2009, 01:44:45 AM »
Hang on, I'll give you an account login.

« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2009, 01:59:54 AM »
Guess I can't count :(

Cut: And Thanks Edible.

Serp

« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2009, 02:17:40 AM »
Interesting.  I can see where nintendonut was coming from, though he could've handled it better.

Edible

« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2009, 02:18:39 AM »
Interesting.  I can see where nintendonut was coming from, though he could've handled it better.

What do you mean?

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2009, 02:52:34 AM »
( ̄△ ̄;)
What great way to start the Day (and end the day).
Not a lot lot I can say except that I'm not scum nor miller (and I would indeed feel sorry for myself if I had ended up scum again, and with pesco of all people).

So far I can only think of three possibilities:
1) KY/Serp is a Insane Cop.
2) KY/Serp is scum.
3) Some kind of framer shenanigans took place.

I don't really think 1) is likely. I was not very inclined to believe 2), but something in Serp's delivery sounds strange, and I find weird me being chosen to be investigated. 3) gets my attention for obvious reasons, though I confess I'm not sure how it would work with pesco dead.
Then again I don't really know much about this framer role. Can we get more details about how pesco's role works?

I'll come back tomorrow, try not to quicklynch me.

Serp

« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2009, 02:56:19 AM »
Roukan's reaction being a little over the top, I mean.  I probably wouldn't have placed a vote, but it was a bit strange.

Ninja'd by Nietz.  Anyway, we can afford to take some time to discuss this, I suppose, but all the info I have is already out there.  I explained why I investigated you, and I think my reasoning was solid.  By all indications, it was, unless there's a framer.

Edit:  Oh, of course, pesco was framer.  I forgot that in these games, you get role confirmation upon death.  Anyway, I hope you'll forgive me if I assume that it'd be sort of a coincidence for my investigation and the mafia's pick of framee turned out the same...  though I'm not familiar with all of these roles either, so a more thorough explanation would be nice.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 02:58:57 AM by Serpentarius »

Edible

« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2009, 03:03:32 AM »
Serpentarius, policy here is no-editing-posts.  For future reference.

Edible

« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2009, 03:04:22 AM »
EBWOP: We circumvent this by editing by way of posting... again.  As such.

« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2009, 03:08:15 AM »
Okay, I managed to find this which also helps me to understand what Donut was doing, and all I can say in my defense is the following:

If you use a scumtell long enough, it's eventually going to stop being a Scumtell.

The case against Roukanken however is built upon faulty reasoning and going into tunnel vision. I fundamentally disagree with it, but I suppose that's because I've had more experience with roles than Donut has. It probably never occured to him what a Scum doctor is typically used for and what a Scum doctor can be used for.

The main use, naturally is to protect from Vig killings, which Sanae had. Also, as Alice Margatroid demonstrated in Patchcon, ScumDoctor can be used to throw off any Trackers, Especially since there's no downside to being honest (Unless of course there was a confirmed townie, but a good scumteam should have the Doctor blocking that target anyway, then coming out, then killing the Confirmed Townie next phase while the doctor blocks himself.)

If I were part of that discussion, I would actually have been on Roukanken's side, rather than trying to lynch him, but that's just me.

Donut's follow-up to that is genuine tunnel vision, but it also does stem clearly from Roukan not explaining why he thought there was no roleblocker.

also, This:

Quote from: Remilia Scarlet Dressed as a rabbit
Vote staying put, willing to vote/hammer Donut as mentioned before.

Arguably, if Donut was Pesco's scumpartner, I would hope Pesco would put a little more effort into dissuading the bandwagon, rather then letting it build up with him only jumping in just to make certain a lynch was had that day.

that's all I have for right now, since I got distracted by looking at Donut's play and trying to see how Pesco got lynched.

Cut by Neitz: Due to My stance on Scumdoc as listed above, Roukanken's initial outrage at there being two doctors which I signify with, and how you reacted towards the investigation (although, I might be Naive in that respect) I think it might be likely that Serp is an Insane cop. Also, AFAIK, Framing only works during the night you do it, so Pesco shouldn't be able to have affected the investigation in any way.

It's also quite possible that you are Miller, and simply just not informed you are. I doubt Kilgamayan would put a miller in a game with a framer though. But then again, I'm not quiet certain how an Insane cop would fit in.

Cut: Yes, please avoid going back into posts and editing them that way. Every slip counts, and if we let editer go rampant, you've never see scum mistakes that the Scum don't completely forget about.

Serp

« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2009, 03:22:58 AM »
Cut: Yes, please avoid going back into posts and editing them that way. Every slip counts, and if we let editer go rampant, you've never see scum mistakes that the Scum don't completely forget about.
Duly noted.  My only edit in that last post was to add the text marked with "Edit:".  I didn't take anything out.

Anyway, it's quite possible that my ability isn't accurate.  It's very subtly hinted that Yukari might be messing with my ability in some way or another.  Still, I'd consider Nietz a little suspicious even without my investigation.  We also get the added bonus that if he turns up innocent, the scan on Alice is called into question.  Really, I think it's too good a lead not to act on.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2009, 03:36:20 AM »
In case anyone's wondering, I protected Serp last night.

@Zakeri: Sanae had a 1-shot vig. Not quite as dangerous. It's possible there are other killing roles in this setup, but rather unlikely so far. Plus, given the existence of a framer, having a framer *plus* an insane cop in the setup quite honestly makes the cop rather...comparable to math.random() at times.

But here's the thing: we have a cop investigation on Nietz claiming he's guilty, but at the same time we also have a full day *and* a flipped scum. So we could, ya know, scumhunt and see if there are reasons to independetly suspect Nietz, as well.

Therefore, rereading pesco and Nietz.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2009, 03:37:06 AM »
Have I mentioned that I hate the fonts on this board?  (In the last five minutes, anyway.)

Regarding Nietz's three possibilities.

1) KY/Serp is a Insane Cop.
2) KY/Serp is scum.
3) Some kind of framer shenanigans took place.
1) We'll find that out after you get lynched, perhaps?  See also 3).
2) It's possible that there is no Cop in this game, the Framer is a red herring, and pesco agreed told Kanako to fakeclaim Cop.  That would be BRILLIANT.  But highly improbable from Kilga of all people.  I'll write it off.
3) Framers *typically* only Millerize someone for the Night they were framed (thus you would only show up as guilty on N1, when Alice was presumably investigated).  I personally prefer permanent Millerization.  This is something that Kilga can clear up for us soon.

Even assuming Framing is permanent, pesco only had time to Frame one person.  There's a certain amount of convenience in claiming to be that one person (although admittedly you're an easy target).

So I'm willing to vote you after Kilga shows up and clarifies.

EDIT:  Sanae?  I missed something.  brb, posting and rereading

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2009, 03:41:55 AM »
Reading again, I still no idea where Sanae Claus came in.

The only other thing I can think of to note right now is that wrathie is being sketchy and useless again.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2009, 03:43:58 AM »
i don't quite follow the discussion here... mostly about game play..

my opinion on Nietz was that he slipped under the radar again... but willing to wait for him to clarify situation.

Insane Cop is possible, thou unlikely since I've not seen an Insane cop appear yet in the game.

And yea, why did Serp investigate Nietz?

Ninja'd by umu: what did I do this time? I guess Sanae he meant by.. SP, the vig-doc we lynched on day 1

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2009, 03:44:52 AM »
EDIT:  Sanae?  I missed something.  brb, posting and rereading
Sodium Hexafluoroplatinate, the other doc, was Kevorkian. He had a 1-shot vig that he could use, with the condition that once he used it he would lose his doc powers. Here's a link to his flip and his posted role PM.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2009, 03:49:43 AM »
Ninja'd by umu: what did I do this time?
RPing with confirmed scum and then posting a Nuuuuuuuuu comment after discussion started really doesn't strike me as endearing.

I completely forgot about S.Peroxide.  My opinion of Alice-Doc remains as it was before - still sketchy, goes against a Cop's investigation, not prominent enough given recent events to worry about much.

Also, Mod Note Millers are bad and should never be used.  I doubt Kilga would put one in.

Serp

« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2009, 03:53:10 AM »
And yea, why did Serp investigate Nietz?
As I said, I noticed that he was one of the people trying to turn the bandwagon away from pesco late in the day.  He could well have legitimately believed that the case against pesco wasn't the best one, but in any case, it's a cause for suspicion.

« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2009, 04:08:39 AM »
Again, practically every sign points towards Neitz being Mafia (Cop Screw + Framer = redundant and screwy, Framer suggests there is a cop, ETC.) Which is why I didn't take my vote off even though I was tempted to.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2009, 04:12:10 AM »
I may have the ability to see great distances, but I didn't see that one coming...

*dies due to bad joke*

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2009, 04:18:35 AM »
RP-ing is my life! It's the flavor! and what's with not lamenting the loss if kiro.. he NEVER survives till the end, EVER.

Duly noted.  My only edit in that last post was to add the text marked with "Edit:".  I didn't take anything out.

Anyway, it's quite possible that my ability isn't accurate.  It's very subtly hinted that Yukari might be messing with my ability in some way or another.  Still, I'd consider Nietz a little suspicious even without my investigation.  We also get the added bonus that if he turns up innocent, the scan on Alice is called into question.  Really, I think it's too good a lead not to act on.

the hint is not good enough, can I have a quote please?

and pesco was going after Nietz near end day too, and did he try to turn the bandwagon away from pesco?

http://old.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=2095.msg105981#msg105981

this post shows he was trying to attack pesco, instead of trying to turn the bandwagon.

and he did state he wanted to hammer pesco before pesco hammered himself.

Re-reading however, Alice seems to give a Free pass to Nietz..

http://old.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=2095.msg105840#msg105840

i don't see much evidence from Nietz other than, well what he repeated over the course of time. so yea

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2009, 05:08:38 AM »
D1 pesco is nicely summarized in this post by umu, so I'll just link to that for now. His D1 actions actually make perfect sense as scum in a way. At least that explains the refusal to unvote me when I claimed doc. Other than that not much interesting here. Pesco really did not offer opinions on people not named Sodium Acetate, wrathie, KY or myself.

D1 Nietz...

IIoA

Votes me, FoS's Sodium Hexachloroplatinate. L-3, still fairly early in the day and not without justification imho, so nothing major.

Claims he's fine with lynching either me or Sodium Bromate. No opinion on wrathie, leaning towards KY being indecisive town.

Switches to Sodium Tetraazide for a deadline vote.

So no issues as of D1. A bit waffly and a bit inactive, but nothing out of the ordinary or scummy.

Now for D2 pesco...

Votes wrathie.

More lyncher/lynchee garbage.

Pesco's awesome post of smug gloriousness. This is the post that appears to have directed most of the attention off of donut and onto him, starting with myself and Rou.

Giant post'o'dead links. Some slight semblance of a case on donut, vote staying on wrathie. Claims he's willing to hammer donut if needed.

Then D2 rapidly degenerates into a shitstorm and finishes with pesco roleplaying with wrathie. Pesco's opinion on Nietz seems to be that he's likely town and a bit waffly, but never seems to go quite beyond that. Grated, this was the opinion of Nietz from a lot of people D2, myself included, and while I was reading, the same held for UK.

And D2 Nietz...

Claims that any cases he'd have would be waffly if stated. D1 *was* a shitstorm so that's kind of valid, but I don't like this at all.

Prods both me and UK about wrathie, but curiously ignores pesco, despite pesco attacking wrathie since D1.

Waffle.
This line jumps out at me:
Quote from: Nietz
His lack of useful content can be either a scumtell or just that he's more interest in having fun than playing seriously.
Let me paraphrase that: "his lack of useful content can either be a scumtell or just that he's playing anti-town." I don't like this statement at all, given pesco's flip.

Claims he does not have strong opinions of a lot of people. Votes donut.

Justifies his vote on donut as donut being the scummiest around, then a bit of not very useful content and finally the line that "donut gave up last game after finding out he was scum", implying that this is useful donut-meta for him being scum in this game.
Given I'm still suspicious of donut and Zak, I don't think this is bad beyond the usual meta is bad aspects. However, the fact that he has maintained absolutely no opinion on pesco throughout the day beyond "I think he's town" is kind of worrying, especially when combined with the fact that he seems to have trouble justifying his opinions. Even his case on donut feels kind of ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh...maybe to me, than an actual case where he believes donut is scum.

In fact I haven't seen a solid case from Nietz at all, anywhere! Would very much like to see one, actually, given that my reread has given me no indication whatsoever to disbelieve Serp's result.

Would vote, but if Nietz is scum I don't want him pulling a pesco and self-hammering and cutting the day short. Will vote when needed, however.

Other things I noted in my reread:
- umu at this point is pretty much guaranteed town. It's possible he was bussing pesco since D1, but highly unlikely. Would like to see more input from him, but otherwise his case was solid (and lynched a scum!) and overall I don't have much to complain about.
- Same goes for Rou. Interesting to note that in his post where he votes pesco, he claims that the person he thinks is the next most likely to be scum is Nietz. Would like to see a continuation of this thought process from Rou.
- wrathie is suspicious as all hell at this moment and my secondary candidate for suspicion right about now.

Ninjas:

Quote from: wrathie
http://old.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=2095.msg105981#msg105981

this post shows he was trying to attack pesco, instead of trying to turn the bandwagon.
Worthless. The words are there, but the ##Vote is not.

and he did state he wanted to hammer pesco before pesco hammered himself.
By now pesco had dug himself a fairly deep hole. Ergo this is more or less a null tell imho.

Re-reading however, Alice seems to give a Free pass to Nietz..

http://old.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=2095.msg105840#msg105840
I wouldn't quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite call that a free pass. At the time I didn't think he was anything more than useless town, and was too busy being pissed off at pesco for being smug and playing the setup and not actually scumhunting and donut for being useless to examine Nietz in greater detail at the time. In fact, this seems to be the case for a bunch of people D2 (from my reread: at least UK and donut. umu examines him in even greater detail but still comes to the conclusion that he's waffly town.)

Also,
and what's with not lamenting the loss if kiro.. he NEVER survives till the end, EVER.
Is this bragging?

Finally, Affinity needs to exist.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2009, 05:26:45 AM »
In fact I haven't seen a solid case from Nietz at all, anywhere! Would very much like to see one, actually, given that my reread has given me no indication whatsoever to disbelieve Serp's result.

Would vote, but if Nietz is scum I don't want him pulling a pesco and self-hammering and cutting the day short. Will vote when needed, however.

Ninjas:
Worthless. The words are there, but the ##Vote is not.
By now pesco had dug himself a fairly deep hole. Ergo this is more or less a null tell imho.
okay.. Does this suffice?

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?action=post;quote=509;topic=7.30;num_replies=116;d13dc9e77572=0d158e9d7aa47ea833708176fe62b167

But he didn't hammer, or pesco never gave him the chance thou.

I wouldn't quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite call that a free pass. At the time I didn't think he was anything more than useless town, and was too busy being pissed off at pesco for being smug and playing the setup and not actually scumhunting and donut for being useless to examine Nietz in greater detail at the time. In fact, this seems to be the case for a bunch of people D2 (from my reread: at least UK and donut. umu examines him in even greater detail but still comes to the conclusion that he's waffly town.)
Ahh i see... I was not happy with Nietz with waffling but he seems to have came around at the end, but that was only when it seems inevitable for pesco's lynch... i'll reread why pesco attacked Nietz thou, even if my memory says that it was him being defensive.

Also,Is this bragging?

Finally, Affinity needs to exist.
Not at all, I don't survive alot of games either.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2009, 05:40:46 AM »
I took the liberty of fixing your link for you.
Anyway, what does this prove? pesco has a hole dug down to the Marianas Trench by now, and Nietz declares he will hammer later. This is 100% null tell.

Not at all, I don't survive alot of games either.
Not my point. A minor "look this way damnit" tell is someone mentioning something about the night, such as the lack of an NK or a double NK or someone prominent being offed in a completely nonchalant and fairly useless manner. Which is why this is kind of bleh when combined to what you already have on you.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2009, 06:30:20 AM »
Let's Play Danmaku Detective Game! Vote Count:

Zakeri (0): Edible
Nietz (4): Serpentarius, Edible, UncertainKitten, Zakeri

Not voting: Everyone else

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. You have ~69.5 hours remaining.

To clarify Framer usage, standard Framers can only frame a target for the night they target them.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"