Author Topic: Gensokyo Worker's Facepalm Mafia - Topic 2, Game Over, Man, Game Over  (Read 73682 times)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Gensokyo Worker's Union Mafia - Topic 2, Day 3
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2009, 07:14:20 AM »
- Same goes for Rou. Interesting to note that in his post where he votes pesco, he claims that the person he thinks is the next most likely to be scum is Nietz. Would like to see a continuation of this thought process from Rou.
Well, my biggest point is that Nietz totally ignored Pesco's case until someone else mentioned it. On top of this he posts more or less nothing of use on D1, like this nugget of gold here to reply when Kiro accuses him of waffling:
うぎぎ? How can I be waffling when I didn't even try to raise suspicion of anyone?
...Is he trying to validate not saying anything useful by saying 'it's not waffling', or is that just me?
He doesn't give anything else in terms of a case for the remainder of D1, and he seems ready to give himself a free pass by saying Wrathie is ripe for a mislynch while Pesco is begging us to lynch him.
Seemed to focus a lot on Zaknut - given his opinion of his other potential scumpartner this could be a potential clear of Zak, though obviously I don't want to put any weight behind it.

Meanwhile, in terms of the cop result on Nietz:
1) KY/Serp is a Insane Cop.
2) KY/Serp is scum.
3) Some kind of framer shenanigans took place.
1) Why would mafia have a framer if the cop was insane? Wouldn't he make Townies look like, well, Townies?
2) In which case Serp and Alice are on the way out tomorrow. Until then...
3) Why the hell would Mafia have two framers?

Would vote, but as mentioned self-vote would kill discussion too early.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2009, 08:11:54 AM »
EBWOP: Actually, 2) doesn't even make any sense. If the Mafia have a framer they're going to be pretty sure there's a cop in the setup, so why would they fakeclaim cop?

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2009, 01:56:50 PM »
Why's he scum?  I dunno, maybe he's just a bad person inside.  As to my reasoning for thinking that he's scum, firstly note his attempt to pull the bandwagon away from our stylishly departed vampire before everything fell down around their ears.
I'm not a bad person, I'm just normal.
Besides, Donut was definitely a better option at that time, only when I checked later that saw that pesco's scum-level had skyrocketed, and then he suddenly self-hammered.

Is he trying to validate not saying anything useful by saying 'it's not waffling', or is that just me?
He doesn't give anything else in terms of a case for the remainder of D1, and he seems ready to give himself a free pass by saying Wrathie is ripe for a mislynch while Pesco is begging us to lynch him.
I had given some general opinions, some of which proved to be quite relevant, like pesco trying too hard to be 'cute'. It just irked me that there's this fad of calling waffle on anyone that is not screaming obvscum at someone.
And that second part is just gross misrepresentation. I had cases that I thought were pretty reasonable on SP and Alice.

Now, if I'm a miller without knowing it then this is so unfair I don't freaking care what happens next anymore. Otherwise I guess that only dying would help prove any of the other options, so meh.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2009, 02:39:24 PM »
This post sums up everything about Nietz and as to how he's worthy of a vote.  Firstly, yes, he didn't call out pesco for the same reasons he called out S.P and such, even though they really did almost nothing different.  It smacks of selective scumhunting, which is, well, almost always fake.  Secondly,

"His lack of useful content can be either a scumtell or just that he's more interest in having fun than playing seriously."

is seriously, as Alice has pointed out, very lame.  Lack of useful content, or at the very least, lack of an effort to post useful content, should always be considered as a scumtell no matter the circumstances.  Also, look through any of his posts for reasons as to why people should not be voting him and one would find none.  Basically, his recognition of pesco's bad points, e.g waffling, and his failure to cite any really good reasons to not vote him despite of that seems to be a telltale here.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2009, 02:39:51 PM »
EBWOP:

##Vote: Nietz

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2009, 02:42:50 PM »
Let's Play Danmaku Detective Game! Vote Count:

Zakeri (0): Edible
Nietz (5): Serpentarius, Edible, UncertainKitten, Zakeri, Affinity

Not voting: Everyone else

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. You have >61 hours remaining.

Nietz is at L-1.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2009, 02:43:23 PM »
And that second part is just gross misrepresentation. I had cases that I thought were pretty reasonable on SP and Alice.
I agree that his Kanako vote was weird, but for me it was pretty clear (even considering it's wrathie) that his opinion of UK was that the L-3 thing was not suspicious of her. So why are you keeping the vote on him on grounds of him not voting UK? ##Suspecting eye of Suspicion
SP still doesn't look good for me, he has been just taking easy votes on wrathie and Kanako, and being overly defensive and apologetical about everything he does, as others have mentioned.
This is all you contributed in terms of SP. All day.
Also, as shown by 'as others have mentioned', a lot of your content was brought up by other people. In terms of original hunting, about all you seem to have done is attack Donut...

Alice lurks either as town or scum, though it does usually work better for him when he's scum.
He usually lurks inactively, but you're right that this time he has been online recently and kept lurking, and that I find worrisome.
So, ##Vote: Alice Мафиятроид (L-3, should be worrisome too, right?)
The same goes for Alice, a day of lurking then a post with little relevance and a badly justified vote. Problem is, that is exactly what he did on SF Mafia, and scum-me even tried to nail him for it. Even so he still doesn't look good.
After Alice's last post I got more afraid of my SF Mafia factor being true, and started leaning more to Sodium. I don't see that happening though, and all the stem seems to be on Kanako now.
Don't know what to make of his claim, but apparently his lynch is not gonna happen anyway.
And this is it for the Alice case. The last few sentences of the second point trouble me - it feels like you're trying to give yourself an escape route for an Alice Town flip, as well as an excuse to retreat altogether after the Doc claim.

Ninja by Affinity putting Nietz to L-1. Roleclaim? In before third Doctor claim

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Gensokyo Worker's Union Mafia - Topic 2, Night 2
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2009, 05:01:47 PM »
Story will be edited in later because I have to run.

:<

Anyway, I find it hard to buy any of the three alternate theories.  None of them make sense for a variety of reasons.  A fourth theory is that Serp is a Random Cop, but that's just not nice at all.

-Alice/Serp as scum doesn't make much sense, as I can see no reason to give up a nightkill in order to further your doc/cop claim if you can be sure it'll just come back to bite you in the ass later.
-Insane Cop doesn't make much sense, again for the above reasons as the implication would be Alice is scum.  Scum Alice + Town Serp doesn't make sense either, since why would he leave a cop alive?
-It's been confirmed that Framer only Frames the night of the Frame.  Since the role was not clarified to switch the alignment of a Cop, there's no way Serp is Paranoid, either.  Sane Cop is the only thing that really makes sense.

Putting the issue of the investigation aside, we're left with a Nietz who probably would have come under serious scrutiny today anyway, given some of the leanings of people Day 2.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2009, 07:19:53 PM »
Okay, I've read up to this point.

I don't have anything new to say as of yet due to trying to cram for two exams today and a concert tonight - plus I really think the only move worth considering should be to lynch Nietz.  If he flips Town somehow, all perdition breaks loose.  Otherwise, we've lynched scum, yaaaaaaaay.

I acknowledge that I haven't been helpful today, and I apologize.  Stuff has been happening IRL.  You all seem to be doing a good job of locking down the cop/doc thing without me :v

I'm ready to hammer when you're done discussing.

Edible

« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2009, 07:45:31 PM »
Ultimately, I agree - there's no real way forward until we lynch Nietz and see where to go from there.

You can wait for Nietz to roleclaim, but I doubt it would matter.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2009, 08:13:50 PM »
You can wait for Nietz to roleclaim, but I doubt it would matter.
Don't you know who I am? I'm Eirin Yagokoro, Town Doctorthe goddam Batman!

Seriously, there's not much I can do and I'm really starting to feel this whole game is retarded, to quote a fellow player. So that's enough for me.

##Vote Nietz

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2009, 08:15:14 PM »
HAMMER SHUT UP

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2009, 08:37:40 PM »
Let's Play Danmaku Detective Game! Final Day 3 Vote Count:

Zakeri (0): Edible
Nietz (5): Serpentarius, Edible, UncertainKitten, Zakeri, Affinity, Nietz

No vote: Youmu, wrathie, Roukanken, Alice Margatroid

---

"Aha, there you are!"

The double doors of the meeting hall slammed open, revealing a spread-armed Aya with an evil glint in her eyes and malice in her grin. She immediately dashed toward Momizi, grabbed her around the waist, picked her up with one arm, whirled around and dashed back out the still-open doors in one smooth motion.

"We have breaking news about the sexual escapades of the red-white shrine maiden and the black-white witch! I just discovered that they often use-"

The rest of the union never got to hear what exactly it was that Reimu and Marisa "often use", as the rest of Aya's speech was drowned out by Momizi's shocked howl of depression before they were both out of earshot.

Eirin watched them leave. "Wow, who was that? She sure was fast."

Reisen raised an eyebrow at her teacher. "Uh, Master, that was Aya, the reporter. You don't remember her?"

Eirin clapped her hands together and smiled. "Oh, now I remember her! She's a tengu, right?"

"Y-yes, she is. ...Master, why are you acting...so...uh..."

"Uneducated?"

"Ye-wait, what?"

Reisen (and everyone else present) suddenly realized that Eirin's response had come from elsewhere in the room. They looked back at the still-open double doors - and another Eirin was standing there, arms crossed and frowning slightly.

The first Eirin cheerfully waved at the new one, who was advancing into the room toward her counterpart. "Hello, Eirin! What are you doing here?"

"Bringing you home, Princess."

"Eh?!"

The second Eirin grabbed the first's hand and began leading her out of the hall, despite her protests.

"But I don't want to go home yet! I'm having too much fun with my new friends!"

"I'm sure you are, but next time you want to have fun with new friends, let me know you're leaving, and don't steal my clothes to do it. Now come on, dinner will be ready soon."

The first Eirin pouted as she was dragged out of the room, though she had time for one last smile and wave before being led out of sight.

"Goodbye, everyone! Let's play again some time!"

---

Nietz, playing Eirin Yagokoro, but really playing Kaguya Houraisan (Vanilla Goon, MAFIA-ALIGNED) has been lynched!

It is now Night 3. If you have a night action, please send it to me.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 08:41:53 PM by Kilgamayan »

Edible

Re: Gensokyo Worker's Union Mafia - Topic 2, Night 3
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2009, 08:53:49 PM »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2009, 08:55:46 PM »
Yeah, I felt bad for him too.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2009, 08:59:22 PM »
a spread-armed Aya with an evil glint in her eyes and malice in her grin. She immediately dashed toward Momizi, grabbed her around the waist, picked her up with one arm, whirled around and dashed back out the still-open doors in one smooth motion.

I pictured that with Aya as Kilga and Momizi as me. Needless to say, it was a very bizarre image.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2009, 09:47:58 PM »
This phase change reminds me too much of that Tako doujin where Kaguya disguises herself as one of the Mischeivous Fairies and kills Yuyuko. 'Twas awesome.

Edible

« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2009, 09:51:21 PM »
This phase change reminds me too much of that Tako doujin where Kaguya disguises herself as one of the Mischeivous Fairies and kills Yuyuko. 'Twas awesome.

Bwahahah, I remember that one.  Good times.

« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2009, 10:37:25 PM »
That was a cute one, wasn't it?

Edible

« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2009, 11:48:46 PM »
You killed him, Alice. :<

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2009, 02:21:05 AM »
You killed him, Alice. :<
Oh, it's not like I'm going to run out of names to call our new good friend Stibium either. :P
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2009, 02:29:26 AM »
I'm going to keep missing these day phases, aren't I?

Edible

« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2009, 02:30:52 AM »
I'm going to keep missing these day phases, aren't I?

I knew we forgot someone :|

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2009, 07:58:44 PM »
Currently out, so no story until I get back at the earliest.

Serpentarius, playing Ran Yakumo (Bug Cop, TOWN-ALIGNED), was killed overnight!

It is now Day 4. With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. You have until 11:59:59 PM Eastern on Monday to vote.

Since the Bug Cop is a role I created (as far as I know), here's a copy of Serpentarius' PM.

You are Ran Yakumo! The fact that you are here at all is a small miracle unto itself, because you know Yukari could just zap you back at her side any time she wanted to. On the other hand, this means that either she's not afraid of a potential union, or she finds it amusing, and neither scenario sounds very pleasant. Whatever the case, as long as Chen doesn't find out about the potential for unionizing, you should be relatively okay.

Your centuries of servitude under Yukari have taught you limited power of boundary control. As such, you are a Bug Cop. Each night, you may select one other player and perform one of two actions: investigate their alignment, or tap into their phone and be allowed to communicate with them privately until the end of the next night. Note that, if you choose the private communication option, you will not be informed of your target's alignment, and they will not be informed of yours (though they will be informed that they are allowed to communicate with you), so be careful what you say and who you say it to.

You win with the town. Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 08:02:21 PM by Kilgamayan »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Gensokyo Worker's Union Mafia - Topic 2, Day 4
« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2009, 08:02:17 PM »
Alice. An explanation as to why you weren't covering the cop, please?

Edible

« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2009, 08:29:46 PM »
I would imagine he ran out of charges.

Leaving in a few minutes, but possible contenders for today include Affinity and wrathie.  I'll dig up some dirt when I get back.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2009, 11:24:36 PM »
I noticed that Roukanken was on pretty much everyone throughout the entire game, but on memory, the depth of all the analyses more than balances that out.

Not too sure of what to think of now.  Shall reread, since I'll be free finally.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2009, 01:42:48 AM »
Alice. An explanation as to why you weren't covering the cop, please?

Want this, Edible should not have said a word, sucks we lost the cop, but we at least know of one innocent and he caught a scum. Good job ^-^.

We should probably lynch Zak now. Or something. I didn't catch much of what happened yesterday.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2009, 03:08:23 AM »
Not out, but low. Thought it best to save a protect tonight and see if I could out-WIFOM scum. Terrible idea, evidently.

Roukanken and umu are as good as confirmed townies to me at the moment, I don't have any reason to suspect them. Affinity needs a reread for basically flying under the radar combined with him and pesco avoiding each other pretty much all the time, and not much mentioning on Nietz.

I'm not sure what I'm more suspicious about right now: Zaknut, or UK saying we should just lynch Zaknut today without doing a bit more reading. As it stands, while donut was useless and Zakeri's posts are worrying for some strange reason I can't place, the fact that Nietz (who flipped scum) tried to return to the donut wagon instead of paying attention to pesco makes me think that Zaknut might be town after all (it's possible Zaknut is merely a mafia goon and Nietz didn't want the framer dead, though. It's worth looking into.)

UK basically needs to exist more and post more useful content. She hasn't appeared on my scumdar though (apart from a bit of weirdness around early D1 and that phrase just now) so I'm not sure what to think.

Edible seems largely fine. Some weirdness around donut but I think that's been explained to my satisfaction currently by Edible.

wrathie on the other hand I have no fucking clue where to even begin with. On one hand he seems like a complete raging obvscum. On the other hand I sometimes think he's town simply because No Scum Is That Scummy. pesco voting for him since D1 could be a predetermined bus, or it could be jumping onto an easy wagon. None of his posts make any damn sense for the most part and the defending Nietz and asking for quoting mod PMs is yuck, RPing with pesco is yuck and basically everything he's done is yuck.

So...time to do a reread of Affinity and wrathie.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2009, 03:35:45 AM »

UK basically needs to exist more and post more useful content. She hasn't appeared on my scumdar though (apart from a bit of weirdness around early D1 and that phrase just now) so I'm not sure what to think.

And we have another person who has missed the I HAVE A FUCKING 60 HOUR A WEEK JOB memo. I'm kinda sick of reiterating that. Are you all going to actually listen this time, or do I have to bring size tags into this discussion? Well now?

As for my last statement, that looks scummy as hell and I'm facepalming myself for even saying it. Kinda done bun can't be undone now though.

I'm not sure what I'm more suspicious about right now: Zaknut, or UK saying we should just lynch Zaknut today without doing a bit more reading. As it stands, while donut was useless and Zakeri's posts are worrying for some strange reason I can't place, the fact that Nietz (who flipped scum) tried to return to the donut wagon instead of paying attention to pesco makes me think that Zaknut might be town after all (it's possible Zaknut is merely a mafia goon and Nietz didn't want the framer dead, though. It's worth looking into.)

I'll try to catch up, but it won't be tonight, and possibly not tomorrow.