Author Topic: "Games You're Playing Right Now" Thread: The Contested Sequel  (Read 146023 times)

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Re: "Games You're Playing Right Now" Thread: The Contested Sequel
« Reply #570 on: March 31, 2011, 04:38:11 PM »
That's the top-down helicopter part, right? Just take it extremely slowly and don't rush ahead, and the only hard part is the boss.
Took me a good while, but I did it. Thanks!

Also, MOON3 Seven Force on Hard.
:colonveeplusalpha:

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #571 on: March 31, 2011, 08:10:38 PM »
That one's just practice, so keep trying. It's one of my favorite bosses ever, more than the Genesis version... although it's really hard.

I'm going through the Mega Man Zero games right now. Just beat MMZ3, which is my favorite of the three I've played so far, although I miss the grappling hook from 2. I even found the extra boss by complete accident.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #572 on: March 31, 2011, 08:52:23 PM »
I even found the extra boss by complete accident.
Spoiler:
Phantom?

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #573 on: March 31, 2011, 08:56:42 PM »
Yeah, and he was a nice surprise. I also beat the final final boss in one try because I already knew all his patterns from ZX.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #574 on: March 31, 2011, 10:38:09 PM »
* Lumby tries the RC plane mission in San Andreas
* Lumby tosses San Andreas into a drawer to gather dust, goes back to Super Robot Wars J

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #575 on: April 01, 2011, 04:39:25 AM »
Yeah, and he was a nice surprise. I also beat the final final boss in one try because I already knew all his patterns from ZX.

Spoiler:
Omega Zero
is much easier in his native game than in ZX, mostly because Model ZX has a smaller Z-Saber range than Zero does and he doesn't have regen.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #576 on: April 01, 2011, 06:24:56 AM »
FFXIII.

I've played about 10 minutes.  And by that I mean I've logged about an hour into the game.

I'm not led to believe this is going to get any better.  But I shall persevere, for THE EXPERIMENT!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #577 on: April 01, 2011, 09:47:48 PM »
Finished Grim Grimoire. I will now buy anything Vanillaware release even if I lack the system to play it.

Also real men use Fairies.

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #578 on: April 01, 2011, 10:26:56 PM »
Just heard that Heavy Weapons Guy and GLaDOS are in a special event in Vindictus.

If it's true, I'll be back with screenshots.

Just heard that Heavy Weapons Guy and GLaDOS are in a special event in Vindictus.

If it's true, I'll be back with screenshots.

EDIT: Alright, screenshots.
http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr220/afterlife37/vin3v.jpg
http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr220/afterlife37/vin4v.jpg
http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr220/afterlife37/vin6v.jpg
http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr220/afterlife37/vin7v.jpg
http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr220/afterlife37/vin8.jpg
http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr220/afterlife37/vin9.jpg
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 11:19:53 PM by Soot Sprite »
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

HolmCross

• Sad Robot
  • Is not a gun
« Reply #579 on: April 03, 2011, 09:41:32 AM »
Received my import of Ar Tonelico II yesterday; I haven't enjoyed a JRPG this much is quite some time. Do all the JRPGs coming out now just suck? Although I'm ten hours into it and still only have the barest grasp on what the bloody hell's going on; soundtrack's good though.

I'm going through the Mega Man Zero games right now. Just beat MMZ3, which is my favorite of the three I've played so far, although I miss the grappling hook from 2. I even found the extra boss by complete accident.

As much as I love the MMZ games I am never allow to play them or the ZX series again, mainly because the other half is sick of having to buy a replacement DS due to worn out shoulder buttons.
My mouth is not so much a communications tool as an exhaust port for my brain.

Twitter | Steam | Seek your own Wonderland

tbax704

• Now more gangsta...
  • With wings...
« Reply #580 on: April 03, 2011, 01:28:06 PM »
As for that last point I might have an objection to make with you; mind you I'm definitely not in Top Form anymore for wi-fi since I ditched Rogue Noise and Wolf Noise.
Cygnus Noise and Rogue Noise are the strongest, I think. I'm using Cygnus because when I multi-noise with Gemini, my opponents mostly aren't able to move. When alone in Cygnus Noise, I use Warrior Soul then normal battle cards simultaneously. My buster pierces invisible units with this and I have Auto-Lock equipped, so I just use battle card, buster, battle card continuously until I beat my opponent.

« Reply #581 on: April 03, 2011, 10:59:37 PM »
Playing Mushihimesama Futari. Improving. Managed a 6cc on that playthrough.
5 Touhou Lunatic 1ccs and I can't even manage Futari on Normal.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #582 on: April 04, 2011, 09:53:30 PM »
Ar Tonelico 3

Battle system seems weak compared to the first two games. Vanguards' actions aren't developed enough, there're too few songs and purging is... well, purging. Though the BGM interaction is a funky touch, as is the whole multiple personalities thing. And at least
Spoiler:
Cocona's still playable throughout, in one form or another.

Cosmospheres will probably be the series' best from what I've seen so far.

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #583 on: April 05, 2011, 05:54:39 AM »
I played Espgaluda and called it quit after continuing for the third time at Jakou.

Man, my arms HURT.

« Reply #584 on: April 06, 2011, 10:13:55 PM »
The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile

It's nice to finally have a sequel to The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai.

Picked Ninja difficulty since you have to unlock the hardest one by beating the game just like the first, though I'm not sure if it had to be done on Normal or Ninja like the first or if you can use Easy or the unlockable Pretty princess one.

Pretty much dying a lot. I really hope upgrades don't transfer between difficulties like they do in the first, but I somehow doubt that. It sucked that you couldn't play Samurai as a fresh character in the first game, and it's looking like maybe you can't here, unless beating the game with one character unlocks it for the other. And then you'd only be able to do it once on a profile(assuming you don't delete saves)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 10:15:30 PM by Chaotic Phoenixma »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #585 on: April 07, 2011, 03:26:44 AM »
http://www.kongregate.com/games/kupo707/bullet-heaven?tab=achievements
Curse whoever it was posted this on Poosh. I've been playing it since yesterday. It's delightful.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #586 on: April 07, 2011, 03:45:24 AM »
Finished KotOR.  On to KotOR 2!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #587 on: April 07, 2011, 05:42:54 AM »
Currently playing Alter A.L.I.A. Genesis, so far I've gotten just past where Rou's LP of it has currently ended.

E: On the second phase now. This is a really nice game, thus far. :D ...Though, the last boss I fought gave me a little trouble, AND my first game over. Still, fun game. :derp:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:43:06 PM by The ⑨th Zillyhoo »
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #588 on: April 07, 2011, 11:18:20 PM »
Just played BIT.TRIP BEAT for the first time

It's like if Pong and a rave had kids

...my eyes hurt

tbax704

• Now more gangsta...
  • With wings...
« Reply #589 on: April 08, 2011, 04:26:07 AM »
Try playing "Eien no Aselia", it has a long prologue, but the storyline becomes very interesting after you finished the prologue.
The gameplay is pretty good too

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #590 on: April 08, 2011, 05:10:54 AM »
Monster Tale for the DS.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #591 on: April 09, 2011, 12:43:44 AM »
Started up a game of Morrowind.  Decided to take the quiz to choose my class for me instead of making one.  I became a Witchunter with Major skills in Conjuration, Alchemy, Marksmanship, and two other things.  Very different from my usual, Big Swords and Heavy Armor.  Barely an hour in and I remember why Cliff Racers annoy me.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #592 on: April 09, 2011, 01:27:05 AM »
Started up a game of Morrowind.  Decided to take the quiz to choose my class for me instead of making one.  I became a Witchunter with Major skills in Conjuration, Alchemy, Marksmanship, and two other things.  Very different from my usual, Big Swords and Heavy Armor.  Barely an hour in and I remember why Cliff Racers annoy me.
I loved Morrowind so much. Using alchemy for everything I ever needed, ignoring the main quest until I had done all the others, and blindly robbing an entire household in Balmora so that I could take it for myself. Remember the enchanted ring in a family tomb no more than a hop, skip, and Scroll of Icarian Flight jump north-northwest of Seyda Neen!

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #593 on: April 10, 2011, 03:28:54 PM »
Dynasty Warriors 7, hell yeah! :dragonforce:
Let's fight.

Adri

• Lady of the Binding Shadows
  • All worlds shall submit to me
« Reply #594 on: April 10, 2011, 08:48:02 PM »
Dragon Quest...all of them at once. haha

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #595 on: April 10, 2011, 11:21:31 PM »
Dragon Quest...all of them at once. haha

Dunno how serious you were, but good luck with VII.  Flappin' 100 hour game that feels three times as long.  But totally worth it.

TAKE IT CACODEMON!!

• OKAY THEN I'M A LEGAL AIDE
  • AND ERIN BROCKOVICH IS MY NAAAME
« Reply #596 on: April 12, 2011, 06:53:44 AM »
Getting back on Just Cause 2.

Wow, SAM sites are annoying.
Sonata of Scarlet Sunflowers, a Flandre x Yuuka story. | Laziness of Daemonic Wastrels, wherein The Dude, Frylock, HW Guy, and David Wong get their asses kicked in Gensokyo.  | T.O.U.H.O.U.: Land of Shadows, a S.T.A.L.K.E.R./Touhou crossover. | Abomination, a monster story.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #597 on: April 12, 2011, 01:46:56 PM »
So I decided to blow a little money on one of the most classic PC gaming series: Might and Magic.  It and Baldur's Gate 2 were the game series that my best bud tried to get me into when we first met but I was not much of a PC Gamer at the time and didn't really click with them.  I love Baldur's Gate 2 now though, so I figured I'd enjoy M&M on his recommendation.

So I have Might & Magic 6, which is what he recommended as his favourite, and... I will never bitch about tutorials in games again.  This game is like the step between Wizardry and The Elder Scrolls, except we're missing some of the modern mapping conveniences and... well, pretty much any idea what to do.  It feels a little like waking up on a canoe in the ocean (and having no paddle).

I'm willing to work through it though.  I do kind of actually enjoy this somehow.  But dear lord am I lost.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 02:07:16 PM by Garlyle »

MaxKnight

• Youkai of the River
  • No, not that River
« Reply #598 on: April 12, 2011, 06:53:43 PM »
Allow me to congratulate you on finding the most excellent Might and Magic series.  If you need any help with direction, you should... probably not watch my Let's Play, since even I run around a little confused at times; but if you have any questions on direction or what to do, feel free to PM me, or whatever and I'll see what I can do.

Oh, and as for me...  well I just finished up Millenium, both for my own purposes for fast completion and for the LP...  Also just finished my first full test run of my Shining Force II edit...  I guess I'm not playing a whole lot that isn't a part of my LPs or Touhou.  Been thinking of starting up an LP of Golden Sun, and possibly continuing the Phantasy Star III LP by doing the other 3rd Gen path for the Son of Nial...  I guess I have to get unlazy before doing that, huh?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #599 on: April 14, 2011, 12:48:20 PM »
So I have Might & Magic 6, which is what he recommended as his favourite, and... I will never bitch about tutorials in games again.  This game is like the step between Wizardry and The Elder Scrolls, except we're missing some of the modern mapping conveniences and... well, pretty much any idea what to do.  It feels a little like waking up on a canoe in the ocean (and having no paddle).

I'm willing to work through it though.  I do kind of actually enjoy this somehow.  But dear lord am I lost.

Go on and check out MaM 1 and 2. Those were quality games.

Re: Games you're currently playing: HEHEHEHE

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale