Author Topic: "Games You're Playing Right Now" Thread: The Contested Sequel  (Read 146016 times)

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
Re: "Games You're Playing Right Now" Thread: The Contested Sequel
« Reply #540 on: March 25, 2011, 05:36:29 AM »
Perhaps i should quit gaming and ger married  :3c
Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

Fossil Goo

• UZUMAKI POKEMON
  • OMUNAITO
    • Doodle Blog I have
« Reply #541 on: March 25, 2011, 05:48:56 AM »
SHIT YEAH I FINALLY GOT DOSBOX TO WORK
TIME TO REPLAY EVERY GAME I NEVER GOT THE FULL VERSION OF AND/OR NEVER BEAT

So far I've wiped out Duke Nukem 2 and part one of Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure. I am seriously loving this so much. Once I beat Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure I'll move onto the Commander Keen games, which I actually have never played before apart from Keen Dreams. Which was....different. But I hear they're classics, so~

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #542 on: March 25, 2011, 01:30:49 PM »
So as noted in the EEEE topic, I'm no-dodging Mario and Luigi 3.

The thing is, it's easier in places, and harder in places, than a low-level run.
Durmite was a harder boss than Midbus.
Durmite took 30 minutes to beat and ate all of my resources, but I took out Midbus in eight turns.
Last time, I took five tries to beat him, and had to use up five hours.
(also if it counts the low-level run was also one without equipment.)

I'm also statmaxing the bros a bit to make this easier for me.
Turns out the level of Bowser affects the points given to Mario and Luigi at level up.

Huckebein

« Reply #543 on: March 25, 2011, 02:20:04 PM »
Now playing: CODBLOPS multiplayer.  Camping is the pastime of choice in that game, I swear.  At least on FFA it is.

« Reply #544 on: March 25, 2011, 10:09:13 PM »
Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit

Sigged, so hard.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #545 on: March 26, 2011, 12:01:11 AM »
Finished Super Paper Mario. Maybe playing Ar Tonelico(s) before it has warped my view, but the dialogue and characters are so so good.

tbax704

• Now more gangsta...
  • With wings...
« Reply #546 on: March 26, 2011, 12:44:28 AM »
Also, I heard we can actually fight Zanbamon later, is it a secret-optional boss or what? Don't remember ever doing that as a kid...
Yeah, but he's too strong for you now, you need to be at least lv40 to beat him, and the digimon in his area are pretty strong, 4th strongest before last boss's area
He's in the shrine at the top part of the jungle. If you beat him you'll get rusty katana which can later be traded for an awesome sword

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #547 on: March 26, 2011, 05:02:12 AM »
Started playing White Knight Chronicles.  I'm beginning to suspect my character has nothing what so ever to do with the plot.  It's bad enough that she's mute, but I've had no dialog options at all.  Oh well, I gave her a staff and ice magic.  Gave Leonard, the probably actual main character, Sword abilities.  Gave Yulie Bow and Healing magic.  And gave the other guy the bigger sword skills.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #548 on: March 26, 2011, 02:24:37 PM »
Starting the first Dragon Age game. Thoroughly enjoying it, though I'm that way for just about any good RPG. I'm not a fan of having to research all your other party members and develop my build completely before even starting, but such is the way of some WRPGs. How do I know what skills and talents and spells work well and which ones don't without having played an hour? Oh well. Great fun anyway, and now that I'm set, I'm going to get as lost as I possibly can and thoroughly enjoy it. I also named my doggie Rakanishu.  :3
Legion or Tali should be able to hack the door, but it depends as well on who you choose to lead the squad in the meantime.  Hint: Miranda.

Samara and Jack are the only ones who can hold off the swarms on the second part, and again you need a good leader or they die too.  Hint: Miranda.
I actually had Garrus and I think Jacob lead, respectively. Everything came out fine. Both were loyal, though.
Spoiler:
In fact, Jack was the only one who wasn't and was the only one who didn't make it. To be honest, I just didn't really want her around in the first place because of the way she acts. I might just leave her dead if I decide to replay it if I find some way to get money for all the upgrades. I never got to use the third level sniper rifle, and I wound up hurting for it in the end. Did I really need the spoiler?
Divorce is a game over and a new game + all at the same time! Just remember that it takes half of your quarters each time you play.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

draganuv15

« Reply #549 on: March 26, 2011, 02:27:47 PM »
Getting into SOTC, Persona 4 and Kingdom Hearts 2. All three I got for my B-day

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #550 on: March 28, 2011, 09:00:39 AM »
Being the Mega Man BN/SF fan that I am I decided to start a marathon.  I will play, from start to finish (and with aftergame as much as reasonable, w/library cheats), the entire Battle Network/Star Force series from start to finish.

Holy shit I hate Battle Network 1 so much.  It really is as bad as I remember.  No, wait, it's worse.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #551 on: March 28, 2011, 10:36:35 AM »
So are you just going to continue on to BN5 after finishing BN4's story for the first time, or are you gonna be masochistic and go for the full three playthrough run?
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #552 on: March 28, 2011, 11:28:25 AM »
So are you just going to continue on to BN5 after finishing BN4's story for the first time, or are you gonna be masochistic and go for the full three playthrough run?
It will depend on if I decide to challenge the extra content after all.

If I do; then yes, that means all three difficulties of BN4, since I think the aftergame material is only available at the end of the highest difficulty.

tbax704

• Now more gangsta...
  • With wings...
« Reply #553 on: March 28, 2011, 12:57:46 PM »
played megaman star force yet? I think it's better than megaman battle network, I'm almost undefeatable with wifi/wireless battles in star force 3

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #554 on: March 28, 2011, 01:45:15 PM »
played megaman star force yet? I think it's better than megaman battle network, I'm almost undefeatable with wifi/wireless battles in star force 3
Yes; I've beaten every Battle Network/Star Force series games excluding BN1 and BN4.5 at one point or another.  And I've achieved 100% completion in several of them (EXE2, 3, 5, NT, SF2 and 3...), and recently made it As Far As Humanly Possible in SF3 without obtaining a single upgrade or modifying my folder.  It was... a thing, to be sure.

As for that last point I might have an objection to make with you; mind you I'm definitely not in Top Form anymore for wi-fi since I ditched Rogue Noise and Wolf Noise.

wooterz

« Reply #555 on: March 28, 2011, 07:55:01 PM »
I finally finished my Project Gotham Racing collection.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #556 on: March 28, 2011, 10:25:51 PM »
The war against my backlog continues with Grim Grimoire. Not usually a fan of RTSs but I'm enjoying this. That said, I suppose it's RTS-lite anyway.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #557 on: March 28, 2011, 10:27:38 PM »
The Bioware kick is unstoppable!

Playing KOTOR now!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #558 on: March 29, 2011, 01:36:59 AM »
Damn me and my inability to not buy games.  I found Yggdra Union for the GBA and am playing that.  Does anyone know if it's the same artist from Etrain Odyssey? 

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #559 on: March 29, 2011, 03:53:59 AM »
Damn me and my inability to not buy games.  I found Yggdra Union for the GBA and am playing that.  Does anyone know if it's the same artist from Etrain Odyssey?
I don't believe it is, but it wouldn't entirely surprise me.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #560 on: March 29, 2011, 05:32:55 AM »
Sadly, no, I do not believe EO is a Kiyuduki work.  She did YU and some stuff for KitN.  The upcoming Gungnir looks like another fusion of her and Tobe again, which is perfectly fine by me!

fakeedit: Apparently the EO character art is all by one Yuji Himukai.  Anyone who wants to confirm, would be much appreciated.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #561 on: March 29, 2011, 05:43:58 AM »
Playing Pokemon Black.

Eel + candle = egg?

wooterz

« Reply #562 on: March 30, 2011, 08:43:34 AM »
This game is complete fucking tripe and I want my money back. I would have rented it before I bought it, but I CAN'T FUCKING DO THAT because movie gallery doesn't fucking exist anymore. God fucking damnit I am pissed. What the hell do I do?

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #563 on: March 30, 2011, 10:15:28 AM »
This game is complete fucking tripe and I want my money back. I would have rented it before I bought it, but I CAN'T FUCKING DO THAT because movie gallery doesn't fucking exist anymore. God fucking damnit I am pissed. What the hell do I do?
hello fellow movie gallery sufferer.

Also..... what game?

ruikomatsu

• Let's fire it up.
  • Would you like some tea?
« Reply #564 on: March 30, 2011, 01:26:36 PM »
Wild Arms XF

Geesuz. This game needs some brains.
The DotS thread is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaad ; w ;

Pixiv     |     My Other Deviantart     |     Tumblr     |    MyAnimeList

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #565 on: March 30, 2011, 01:38:57 PM »
fakeedit: Apparently the EO character art is all by one Yuji Himukai.  Anyone who wants to confirm, would be much appreciated.

Yuji Himukai is indeed responsible for Character Design in all the EO games.

EDIT: Also to note, that Himukai did Character Design for eroge, "Kizumono no Gakuen." 2001 eroge, probably one of those for me that kind of made me more critical of eroge in general. RaSeN are just so ergh.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 01:55:22 PM by Kisakinomiya »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

wooterz

« Reply #566 on: March 30, 2011, 06:10:41 PM »
hello fellow movie gallery sufferer.

Also..... what game?

NASCAR 2011.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #567 on: March 31, 2011, 12:18:14 AM »
Gunstar Super Heroes.
Doing a hard playthrough now. MOON2 hates my guts tho :S

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #568 on: March 31, 2011, 01:03:40 AM »
That's the top-down helicopter part, right? Just take it extremely slowly and don't rush ahead, and the only hard part is the boss.

« Reply #569 on: March 31, 2011, 01:07:53 AM »
Samurai Warriors Chronicles. Geez, Koei listened to my wish of adding strategy to the game, and multiplied by 10. For anyone who's played Samurai/Dynasty warriors, it's still mostly hack and slash but if you don't position your units JUST right to complete missions within the time limit, the freakin enemy reinforcements or power buff everyone will get really screws you over >.>