Author Topic: Bug Report Thread  (Read 365712 times)

Seventh Holy Scripture

• Err... d'ya need somethin' from me?
Bug Report Thread
« on: April 21, 2009, 07:51:47 AM »
As the forums have been upgraded to 2.0.1, all previous reports are assumed stale and fixed.

If reporting issues about the text box when making/editing a post stretching too far and cutting off, please clear your cache and cookies.  You most likely have a stale copy of the forum template.

If reporting issues about the themes, please provide screenshots as well as detailed information on the browser name and version you're using, as well as anything done to trigger the broken behavior.

If reporting issues about search please be aware that it is still in testing.  Missing topics is a normal thing, posts are indexed at regular intervals and sometimes brand new posts aren't in the index yet.  If it's acting slow please wait a few minutes before trying again, you may have hit it during an indexing period.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 08:35:00 AM by helvetica »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Re: Bug Report Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 08:31:42 AM »
Can I be a twat and report the first bug in SMF update? :3

The editing shortcuts(ctrl+i, ctrl+u, ctrl+b, etc) that used to overlap the browser shortcuts aren't working anymore.
I know it's like a secondary feature, but I use it a lot, and I just hit ctrl+u in another thread and boom, source code window opened on my face
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 08:38:22 AM »
Dunno what to tell you, probably removed for the time being.  I've changed nothing as far as the post template/JS goes.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 08:42:07 AM by helvetica »

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 05:24:54 PM »
Something might be wrong with the avatar upload. Specifically, it refuses an image that is no larger than 150x150px or 75kB. Resizing it to 140x140 and smaller filesize (<30kB) does not help.
Error given is "The avatar you have selected is either too large or not an avatar." The image is 150x150 and 44,1kB, jpg.
Strange enough, re-uploading my previous avatar does work (150x140, 7,1kB, jpg). As does uploading a png version of the new one.
Re-saving the png version as jpg and uploading that, on the other hand, also fails.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 06:25:47 PM »
Can't check until I get home :<  AFAIK the only option I changed was relaxing the checks for malicious images. The attachment code is so wonky.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 09:28:07 PM »
whoops

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 09:56:35 PM »
GJ reading the OP dork xP

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 01:26:52 AM »
Well when you click VIEW MOST RECENT POSTS it doesn't take into account editing the OP  :V :V :V :V

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 01:27:06 AM »
Avatars should be fixed.  Apparently disabling the reencode dangerous images is a BAD thing because then it'll just flat out reject them instead of reencoding them as before.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 04:30:47 AM »
Oh derp, didn't read opening post :derp:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 06:01:21 PM by Kitty Ears Sacchi »

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 05:02:49 AM »
If reporting issues about the text box when making/editing a post stretching too far and cutting off, please clear your cache and cookies.  You most likely have a stale copy of the forum template.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 11:01:52 AM »
Ignore boards function appears to be fucked. Specifically, selecting one or multiple boards to be ignored will set all boards to ignored (or at least all boards are marked on subsequent visits to the ignore boards page). If every single board is again unmarked and the settings saved, all the boards will again be shown as not ignored. Otherwise, all of them will stay marked.
Tried this using Firefox and Internet Explorer, same result with both. Didn't have any of the boards marked as ignored before the update, tried to mark some just now.

Also thank you for fixing the avatar issue.

Question: The search will (as far as I can tell) always only display one post from each thread, even if "show results as messages" is checked. Is this intended to be so?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 04:18:56 AM »
I'll have to play with it, that sounds like a bizarre bug.

As for search I just noticed that behavior and I think that may be an issue with the query I'm passing to Sphinx.  I'll see if I can find a way to make it pull multiple hits per topic.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 10:39:16 AM »
Forum display on iOS is borked :< someone made a thread on it too.

E: yay fixed
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 02:12:53 PM by Evans in Blunderland »

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 08:52:11 PM »

They appear visibly, unless you mouseover, at which point they disappear.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 11:02:38 PM »
I just noticed the keyboard shortcuts are working again. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but if it was, thanks
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 03:47:10 AM »

They appear visibly, unless you mouseover, at which point they disappear.
Spoiler:
Fixed

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 03:52:37 AM »
Ignore boards function appears to be fucked. Specifically, selecting one or multiple boards to be ignored will set all boards to ignored (or at least all boards are marked on subsequent visits to the ignore boards page). If every single board is again unmarked and the settings saved, all the boards will again be shown as not ignored. Otherwise, all of them will stay marked.
Tried this using Firefox and Internet Explorer, same result with both. Didn't have any of the boards marked as ignored before the update, tried to mark some just now.
On further research, that issue is an issue I noticed for a very long time on the admin panel when doing permission changes.  SMF doesn't actually go through and mark the checkboxes properly showing the current settings you have.  It's saved properly if you do it of course.  I've been trying to track down an alternate way to do it but it was a low priority issue because well, I'm the only one that fucks with permissions on a regular basis lol.  Guess the bug affects all "checkbox" style controls.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 08:48:00 PM »
On further research, that issue is an issue I noticed for a very long time on the admin panel when doing permission changes.  SMF doesn't actually go through and mark the checkboxes properly showing the current settings you have.  It's saved properly if you do it of course.  I've been trying to track down an alternate way to do it but it was a low priority issue because well, I'm the only one that fucks with permissions on a regular basis lol.  Guess the bug affects all "checkbox" style controls.
Sounds like a hilarious bug. I've had something like that happen to me a few times, too. Assuming you haven't made any special modifications to your SMF installation that might have brought this about, I guess I'll get myself the current SMF version and take a look at this.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 10:25:30 PM »
The favicon doesn't work for https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum =[

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 10:38:59 PM »
It works for me. I'm using Chrome, if that helps any.

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2011, 04:35:42 AM »
I'm not in a position to edit the actual HTML generated to add the <link rel> statement to the spat out page at this time.  I was looking for an easier way to embed it instead of adding it to every single forum theme we have.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 04:36:05 AM »
Sounds like a hilarious bug. I've had something like that happen to me a few times, too. Assuming you haven't made any special modifications to your SMF installation that might have brought this about, I guess I'll get myself the current SMF version and take a look at this.
I have a custom patchset but AFAIK it shouldn't affect anything dealing with that code.

Zil

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2011, 06:01:39 AM »
Umm... I think this is a bug (maybe). I went to the memberlist thing and found that clicking on the row of letters near the top, which presumably should take you to to the members who's names start with that letter, instead takes you to a page severel pages ahead. Also names that don't start with a capital letter are entirely seperate from the rest.  As an example, clicking "S" took me about halfway through the list, to the names that start with capital "Z".  I was trying to find myself in there... and I encountered difficulties.
Maybe it takes you to the page that would be correct if the lower case letters weren't seperate? idk
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 06:05:23 AM by Zil »

Gramity

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2011, 06:03:00 AM »
It's been an issue for some time now :)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2011, 08:14:58 AM »
Umm... I think this is a bug (maybe). I went to the memberlist thing and found that clicking on the row of letters near the top, which presumably should take you to to the members who's names start with that letter, instead takes you to a page severel pages ahead. Also names that don't start with a capital letter are entirely seperate from the rest.  As an example, clicking "S" took me about halfway through the list, to the names that start with capital "Z".  I was trying to find myself in there... and I encountered difficulties.
Maybe it takes you to the page that would be correct if the lower case letters weren't seperate? idk
Sorting is case sensitive in PostgreSQL.  There is no "simple" solution because it simply does not behave the same way MySQL does (sorting is case insensitive).  Searching for your nick works fine.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 04:46:33 AM »
I'm reporting two issues.

1. Old issue I've had for a while - The new line character doesn't seem to appear properly in IE9. When I type a line, hit enter twice, and type another line in a post, I should see an empty line between the two lines after I post. However, the empty line will not appear in the final post, it seems like IE9 ignores one of the newline characters. This is an issue for me when I view any post by any member, and for formatting reasons it would be very convenient to be able to see the extra space between lines (for example, they make paragraph breaks a lot easier to read).

2. New issue - I cannot get onto IRC tonight. I'm not sure if this is the proper place to report it, and I'm not sure if it's an issue that only I'm having tonight or if it's everyone.

EDIT: The second issue resolved itself.

EDIT 2: I made a mistake about the browser - I use Windows 7, but the browser is IE 9. I apologize for the confusion, and have editted the report accordingly.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 07:36:36 AM by capt. h »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2012, 06:21:09 PM »
IE9

Yeah, that one's all yours to figure out. <_<

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 11:24:32 PM »
People still use Internet Explorer?   ???  I thought we eradicated that disease here.

Zil

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2012, 11:43:10 PM »
Internet Explorer 9 works perfectly for me. Chrome screws everything up. Firefox is usually fine, but sometimes text appears weird. I find IE is faster and simpler than those others.