Author Topic: Yukkuri Mafia - Successfully took it easy! -  (Read 72320 times)

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
Re: Yukkuri Mafia - Starting off easy on Day 1! -
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2009, 10:07:25 PM »
Oh hi Kilga. What are you doing here?

Ugh, this game is going no where. And the vote moved to Zak. I think Pesco might just be using a RNG to decide who to move that vote to.

Uh yeah, I doubt anyone besides Pesco is going to get lynched by the end of this day. This game is too screwy.

And Kanako didn't do it, despite the only opposition being from someone who isn't in the game. Whoo.

...I think Kilga isn't in the game.
To Check:
##Unvote
##Vote Kilga

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2009, 10:12:08 PM »
This game is too messed up for me to have any sort of opinion. I'll vote him if you want me to, though. It would make sense being that we'll finally get some concrete information, whether it be good or not.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2009, 10:40:22 PM »
Suddenly, a Kilga appears. I'm confused as to how Kilga was winning before he even started playing.

Anyway, based on his lack of actually being present in the player list, I'm assuming one of two things is true.
1. Kilga is actually the secret vote, and is calling out Serp for deciding that Pesco would choose him over me.
2. Pesco is still the secret vote, and Kilga is being brought in as a distraction to keep him alive.

I don't understand quite what's happening with 1. The fact is that someone put out a vote on Serp, so where is it?
To test both of these, I'd like to see a vote count before anyone considers hammering.

Personally, I'm taking the movement of the mystery vote from Serp to Zak as proof that our mystery voter doesn't want to see Pesco lynched and is trying to buff the rival wagon. But YMMV.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2009, 10:42:52 PM »
<------ My face right now

Pesco (5): Rou, UK, Sdrake, Affinity, Zak
Nietz (1): K4U
Zak (3): Serp, ???, !!!
UK (1): Neitz
Kilga (1): Sodium

11 votes in play, takes 6 to lynch. Around 22 hours left.

:3

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2009, 10:49:35 PM »
Oh, lovely. I'm wondering if people not voting vote people of the mod's choice.

I haven't paid any attention to who is not voting.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 10:51:17 PM by Pesco »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2009, 10:55:54 PM »
Zak (3): Serp, ???, !!!
*slow, painful facepalm*

Okay, so Kilga doesn't have a vote but is apparently allowed to post. And Pesco is pulling votes out of his ass to save himself.

Would you like me to pull votes out of YOUR ass?

Welp, I think I'm just about done here.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 11:01:37 PM by Pesco »

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2009, 10:56:25 PM »
Oh, lovely. I'm wondering if people not voting vote people of the mod's choice.

I haven't paid any attention to who is not voting.

There will always be 11 votes in play. This is obvious now.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2009, 10:59:01 PM »
...So my vote apparently worked, but Kilga's didn't.

Now there are exclamation marks as a vote. How nice.

...Well, we might as well just try lynching Pesco now, because this game isn't moving at all. Any objections? Well, that question is more of a formality...

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2009, 11:00:15 PM »
EBWOP: I mean in any time span of 5 minutes to an hour.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2009, 11:04:01 PM »
Since you guys don't get to see when the hidden votes are made, you shouldn't worry about secret hammers.

I wouldn't do that to you guys.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2009, 11:17:27 PM »
There will always be 11 votes in play. This is obvious now.
Okay, 10 players, 2 secret votes...and 11 votes in total? I'm lost.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 11:21:15 PM by Pesco »

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2009, 11:22:31 PM »
Rou: Someone isn't voting right now. UK is saying that there are always 1 votes.
e.g if there are no people voting and a votecount happens, there will be 11 random votes, and so on.

So I assume there are no objections. This game is getting a bit boring past the mind screw because NOTHING IS HAPPENING, anyways, so yeah. Let's see what happens...
##Unvote
##Vote Pesco

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2009, 11:38:11 PM »
Pesco (6): Rou, UK, Sdrake, Affinity, Zak, Sodium
Nietz (1): K4U
Zak (1): Serp
UK (1): Neitz

11 votes in play, takes 6 to lynch. Around 22 hours left.

The yukkuris mindlessly threw themselves at Pesco with about as much effect as opening a pdf file with a media player. He got smothered in 'bean paste', if you could even call it that. However, Serpkkuri came up with an idea.

"I'm going to ambush Pesco! He'll be scared easy."

Everyone thought it was a good idea because they didn't really know what the hell ambush meant.

Serpkkuri hid himself in a cardboard box, he had seen Snake do it once and thought it was pretty cool. Nobody knew exactly what happened to him afterwards.

Pesco was lynched and Serp got himself in a cardboard box. What do you get to learn about these two entities? Absolutely nothing because you lynched the GM and now nobody else knows what the hell is going on.

Day 2 go! You guys can have extra time so that deadline is more reasonable for me.

10 votes in play. 6 to lynch.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2009, 11:48:37 PM »
Pesco was lynched and Serp got himself in a cardboard box. What do you get to learn about these two entities? Absolutely nothing because you lynched the GM and now nobody else knows what the hell is going on.
Oh well, guess if the GM is lynched there's no point in playing anymore since we can't tell if we've lynched scum or not!

tl;dr: Pesco got lynched, Serp got hit. Given the instant death either the hit was sent in before deadline, or (more likely IMO) everyone is Townie and Pesco just chose someone at random.

Regardless, time to move on. Since apparently Pesco ISN'T scum, that means there really is someone out there. That or it's all-vanilla-Town, in which case I will personally hit Pesco over the head with a pagoda. (Jewelled or otherwise.)

##Vote: K4U for spending the entire of Day 1 saying 'we shouldn't lynch Pesco' without doing something productive like, say, forming a case against anyone else.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2009, 11:56:31 PM »
##Vote: K4U for spending the entire of Day 1 saying 'we shouldn't lynch Pesco' without doing something productive like, say, forming a case against anyone else.
Forming a case based in what? The only "case" there was was Pesco's, and that was more like making a wild guess and running with it.
And what about K4U is than about, say, me?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2009, 12:00:45 AM »
Forming a case based in what? The only "case" there was was Pesco's, and that was more like making a wild guess and running with it.
And what about K4U is than about, say, me?
The fact that she spent a good portion of the day complaining about how the Pesco wagon was stupid, and then did nothing about it. She could easily have attacked someone based on their hastiness to attack Pesco, or chosen Serp for the same reasons Kilga stated, but instead she just hung on her random vote for you and BAWWWWWWWWED.

And if I sound irritated, that's because I am. I'm convinced this game is unwinnable and Pesco is just fucking with us. Maybe even fucking with me, and the rest of you are all in on it. I have no fucking clue.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
Re: Yukkuri Mafia - Socking it easy on Day 2! -
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2009, 12:02:10 AM »
Yeah, I really had no idea what to do yesterday.  I just thought that the GM bandwagon was bad, but I didn't know what bandwagon would be good, so I decided to do my best to convince people that Pesco was a bad lynch (which is now proven true).  Apparently I didn't do a great job.  But I have something to work with now at least, so I'll roll with that.

##Vote Zakeri

He also seemed to think that the Pesco lynch was bad, but voted for Pesco anyway and then proceded to say nothing at all for the rest of the day.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2009, 12:03:46 AM »
And before anyone tells me that 'I win by taking it easy', I don't understand why I should feel comfortable in a situation I have no control or understanding of. This game is designed to make people RAEG. Hell, MAFIA is designed to make people RAEG, because it lets everyone bring out their little politician and boost their egos by saying 'I'm right, you're wrong, so there'. How am I meant to feel when a) I have nothing to base an opinion from, and b) I'm convinced that EVERY opinion is wrong?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2009, 12:12:31 AM »
EBWOP: Actually, just forget it. I'm out. Since I have no idea how the hell to take it easy I guess that means I lose by default.

7. Lurkers are your problem. Deal with it.

You need to chillax, dude.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 12:16:27 AM by Don't be so paranoid, Roukanken. »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2009, 12:29:19 AM »
You need to chillax, dude.
I DON'T KNOW HOW

I CAN'T TAKE IT EASY

BEING LOST AND CONFUSED IS NOT FUN

IT'S FRIGHTENING

IT'S IRRITATING

I'M ONLY PLAYING THIS GAME BECAUSE PESCO BASICALLY GOADED ME INTO IT FROM THE GET GO

AND THEN SUDDENLY IT'S HIS BASTARD MOD GAME

I HATE MAFIA WITH A PASSION BECAUSE I CAN'T PLAY FOR SHIT AND IT DISSOLVES INTO ME GUESSING AND BEING WRONG

I'M A COWARD WHO CAN'T DEAL WITH NOT BEING IN CONTROL

THERE PESCO, I SAID IT

I ACCEPT IT

YOU CAN'T HURT ME ANYMORE

D W FUCKING I

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2009, 12:44:58 AM »
...*looks at everything*

*headdesks*

Okay, I kind of agree with Rou. This game looks unwinnable, and for some reason, I'm suddenly already sick of it -.- And I'm annoyed at being lost and confused too, which is why I completely broke down last game I was in. And this game is looking like it's going to be even stupider and leave us with no clue on anything.

I'm going to just go on and leave before this gets even more ridiculous, and what Rou is like right now is what I'll be. A game where no one has any clue what's going on and it's even more confusing than in normal Mafia is seeming really freaking stupid to me right now.

##Vote: Game

Short of that,

## Request Replacement

Considering how well I dealt with a NORMAL game of Mafia when I tried it, I don't wanna stay in this one. Yeah, sorry, whatever, better this than me suddenly realizing I shouldn't be here in LYLO, like last time x.x

« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2009, 01:55:31 AM »
I have a new theory on what we're suppose to do, but Rather than go ahead and spout off weird paranoia rants like Rou has been doing all game, we should try playing the game normally and see how that works out.

##Vote: Kitten4U for the exact same reason why she's voting for me, except that she didn't even bother testing it out or preventing it. I think whining about something bad happening and not doing anything about it is slightly scummier than imagining something bad happening and testing it out.

Drake gives up too easy.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2009, 02:14:25 AM »
In my mind I was doing something about it. I did the best I could to try to get people to think about other things.  Just because it didn't work doesn't mean I wasn't trying.

And even if your claim that I was only whining about it was true, I don't see how doing something that you think will end up being bad for the town is better than saying "we shouldn't do this."

Also, can you share your theory anyway?  You have me curious.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2009, 02:14:31 AM »
Well that was a bad result. A really bad one. =V

Drake: Oh c'mon. -_-

Rou: You're in a Yukkuri Bastard Mod game with Pesco as the GM. It was pretty obvious that this was going to be a messed up game.

##Vote Kanako
Hasn't done anything but offer to vote Pesco. Didn't vote Pesco at all, despite said offers.

« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2009, 03:52:37 AM »
My Theory is that we all have to take it easy and no lynch, since the only true threat to ourselves is our paranoia and stupidity :V

I don't know if that would work any better than lynching pesco did, though.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2009, 03:59:01 AM »
##Vote No Lynch

I like Zak's theory.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2009, 04:50:25 AM »
Wow, that result was strange and yet logical.  All we know now is that Serp was town-aligned.

I'm not too worried about Kanako at the moment since scum has as much reasons to gain from not hammering as town.  But then again, Kanako is the only one who did not vote yesterday, and so...

##Vote: Kanako

Zak, if your theory is solid, what of the secret votes and the lynching of Serp?

« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2009, 05:34:50 AM »
It's not solid, which is why I choose to hold it back and play the game normally.

In theory, the nk/extra lynch is a result of us lynching the mod and getting kicked in the face. I have no idea where the secret votes were coming from. They could be a result of deadline approaching, a result of outside forces manipulating the ghost vote, or just a way of screwing with everyone's minds (Notice during the lynch that both of the secret votes that were on me disappeared).

It could also be true that these secret votes are the mafia's method of NKing, and they switched back to Serp before the lynch occurred. There's really not enough information.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2009, 06:06:38 AM »
In spite of all the BAAAWWing, there's still people that are figuring out the game and playing it. They are winning.

Vote counts when I'm not phoneposting.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2009, 08:30:56 AM »
After a night's sleep, I'm uncertain as to my position on this game. While I am still aggravated by the setup or lack thereof, it's unfair for me to chicken out, and a lot of my earlier anger was probably fuelled by fatigue. I'm wondering if all the uni stress is leaving me in a fragile state, and a game like this is enough to make me snap at its worst.

In spite of all the BAAAWWing, there's still people that are figuring out the game and playing it. They are winning.
I find this utterly hilarious, since on Day 1 the people who were making an active effort to figure out what was happening and play were the people who were LOSING.

In my mind I was doing something about it. I did the best I could to try to get people to think about other things.  Just because it didn't work doesn't mean I wasn't trying.
Let me give an example of the problem. This is like you saying "Hey, guys, we should stop using coal and oil because we're killing the planet's natural resources and giving off massive carbon emissions" and so on. But there's no mention of an alternative, and at least coal and oil give us SOME energy. Why do you think we've been using them for so long? Because we haven't quite figured out anything better and safer (I'm looking at you, nuclear power).

tl;dr Noting a problem is not trying. Finding a solution is trying. (in before hypocrisy)

In theory, the nk/extra lynch is a result of us lynching the mod and getting kicked in the face. I have no idea where the secret votes were coming from. They could be a result of deadline approaching, a result of outside forces manipulating the ghost vote, or just a way of screwing with everyone's minds (Notice during the lynch that both of the secret votes that were on me disappeared).
So in order to teach us to no lynch, Pesco gives us a situation which makes it logically impossible to no lynch?
Plus that's a stupid moral if it IS what he's aiming to preach. 'In mafia, it's okay to NOT PLAY THE GAME for the sake of being friendly!'