Author Topic: Control lag?  (Read 54453 times)

FallenAngelV

Re: Control lag?
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 10:26:16 PM »
Renaming it to that STILL doesn't work for me. =

You have to use applocale (Japanese) as well.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 10:43:09 PM »
I haven't downloaded this yet, but I just realized...if the control lag is fixed, won't that make every single replay made before getting this patch not work?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2009, 10:48:20 PM »
I haven't downloaded this yet, but I just realized...if the control lag is fixed, won't that make every single replay made before getting this patch not work?
Nope. Well, it shouldn't.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2009, 11:07:03 PM »
Just tried it, and the replays work fine. I tried playing an older replay with the vsync.exe as well as a new replay with the normal .exe, and neither of them desynced or did anything.

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2009, 01:21:24 AM »
I've known about this patch for a while now, but I thought for the longest time that all it did was allow you to skip through replays like in the newer games. I can't believe I didn't know of the lag removal.

PCB plays amazingly. I kind of want to play Touhou now :O

nintendonut888

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2009, 01:26:13 AM »
Well then, I've just gotta try this. Once I finish up with StB.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2009, 01:55:41 AM »
*comes out of his extended Touhou break to see what everyone's raving about.

Holy shit.  That feels sooooooo much more smooth.

Too bad I suck so badly now that I'm dying on Alice's non-cards and Chalk White Russian Dolls.  (Edit: and Lingering Cold.  Twice.)

Maybe I can stop bitching about the EoSD deathbomb window and finally 1cc it too.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 02:47:12 AM by Krim »
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2009, 02:32:52 AM »
Ah, the Vsynch patch. Been too lazy to get it for awhile now, but now that I've got it...awesome! Movement is actually smooth.

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2009, 02:55:21 AM »
Ignore this post, I can't count.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 03:41:59 AM by SP »

nintendonut888

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2009, 04:18:55 AM »
Okay, the vpatch doesn't work for EoSD. I renamed eosde to 東方紅魔郷.exe, run it in applocale, and the lag isn't fixed. When I try to run vpatch.exe, the thing crashes. ???

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2009, 04:20:49 AM »

nintendonut888

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2009, 04:33:16 AM »
Yeah...? That's what I did. And it won't run.

It works for PCB though. But I can't run it in English! D: How do you run the vpatch.exe AND have it in English at the same time?

But also, for PCB, I noticed something disturbing...there are these lines that appear constantly. Like refresh lines. It doesn't slow the game down or anything, but it's really distracting and breaks the game flow.

EDIT: Wait, I got it to work.

However, these lines really bug me. They break the flow and such. I realize it's a small price to pay for perfect movement (which is really <3 BTW), but isn't there a way to get rid of these?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 04:41:06 AM by nintendonut888 »

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2009, 04:41:35 AM »
It works for PCB though. But I can't run it in English! D: How do you run the vpatch.exe AND have it in English at the same time?
Protip: rename th07.exe to th07j.exe and th07e.exe to th07.exe to get it in English.

Quote from: nintendonut888
But also, for PCB, I noticed something disturbing...there are these lines that appear constantly. Like refresh lines. It doesn't slow the game down or anything, but it's really distracting and breaks the game flow.
Because the way this patch works in part is forcing vertical sync off, you will occasionally get "tearing" across frames when they don't align properly due to the lack of vertical sync. This is a mild annoyance at worst and the massive improvement in responsiveness of the games is very much worth it for occasional tearing. Just make sure that you're not using the vsync patch when recording a run for youtube/etc if tearing tends to appear, if you find this to be an issue at all.

Also, curiously enough, the tearing does not occur in IN with vsync off, at least not as far as I can tell. Need to poke around some more in the codebase to see why.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 04:46:43 AM by Alice Margatroid »
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

nintendonut888

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2009, 04:50:30 AM »
*sigh* That really sucks. Control lag or imperfect graphics? Can't have it all...V_V

But I agree the amazing control increase is worth it. I just wish there was a way to fix this tearing...

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2009, 04:10:13 PM »
*sigh* That really sucks. Control lag or imperfect graphics? Can't have it all...V_V

But I agree the amazing control increase is worth it. I just wish there was a way to fix this tearing...

Go into the .ini, change vsync from 0 to 1.

The lag is still fixed for me, plus no tearing.

nintendonut888

« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2009, 07:56:09 PM »
What's the .ini? The config file?

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2009, 09:49:16 PM »
What's the .ini? The config file?

Yeah, vpatch.ini.

nintendonut888

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2009, 11:57:08 PM »
Alas, that only makes it worse. It causes one break to constantly appear in the middle of the screen. Ah well. :(

In other news, thank you so much for showing this to me. I just beat Alice only getting hit on Benevolent Orleans Dolls and Hanged Hourai Dolls. :O

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2009, 08:48:41 PM »
Holy shit this patch is amazing. I just easily captured Phliosopher's stone on my first try :V

EDIT: This is amazing ಥ_ಥ
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:20:56 PM by Suikama »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2009, 07:37:53 AM »
zomg. wish I got this sooner. I don't need it so much for esod (I think, maybe Is hould try it anyway just to see), but for pcb...*drools*.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2009, 04:13:53 AM »
sigh my comp isn't able to type japanese so I can''t rename it properly. Anybody know a site or something that lets me install the japanese input stuff? I don't mean just the font. I mean when you go under regional and languages, advanced, and check japanese, it asks for my windows xp cd which I'm currently too lazy to look for atm.

LiteYear

• Touhou Fangame Enthusiast
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2009, 08:38:54 AM »
Since this has kind of turned in to a vpatch help thread, I've been able to get it to work with EoSD, PCB, and MoF (the games I've been experiencing some problems with unpatched).  It apparently also has a fix for Danmakufu, but I get an error in Japanese with the letters "UPX".  That error seems to be listed in the readme file, but that's about as far as I can figure out.

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2009, 11:12:45 AM »
Since this has kind of turned in to a vpatch help thread, I've been able to get it to work with EoSD, PCB, and MoF (the games I've been experiencing some problems with unpatched).  It apparently also has a fix for Danmakufu, but I get an error in Japanese with the letters "UPX".  That error seems to be listed in the readme file, but that's about as far as I can figure out.

It says the .exe is compressed with UPX and needs to be decompressed first. Google gives me http://upx.sourceforge.net/. You could try that (I've never heard of the program).

LiteYear

• Touhou Fangame Enthusiast
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2009, 09:19:55 PM »
Huh, I haven't heard of that before either.  But, decompressing the .exe though that program seems to have done it.  Thank you.  It's good to finally get a constant 60 FPS in windowed mode.

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2009, 07:25:35 PM »
Most of what vpatch does is pretty self-explanatory, but does anyone know what the following entries in vpatch.ini are for?

SleepType = 1
BltPrepareTime = 4
AutoBltPrepareTime = 1
AlwaysBlt = 0

« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2009, 07:04:21 AM »
On Vista, I still can't get the patch to work with EoSD; I've tried renaming the .exe and all that jazz (as well as the whole "because Vista sucks, always remember to run everything under admin mode"). Anyone have any ideas?

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2009, 03:18:40 PM »
On Vista, I still can't get the patch to work with EoSD; I've tried renaming the .exe and all that jazz (as well as the whole "because Vista sucks, always remember to run everything under admin mode"). Anyone have any ideas?

Same problem :(
Advocate of Transhumanism

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2009, 06:57:46 PM »
I don't have vista, and I rarely use it. so I don't know if you can even do what I suggest but. Assuming you haven't already, did you try turning your vsync and TH06 exes property settings for earlier windows compatibility? (doing that never works for me with anything but other people claim it does for them, bleh.

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2009, 03:34:25 AM »
Nice idea, but no dice. For me at least.
Advocate of Transhumanism

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2009, 02:26:15 AM »
It's worked for me for PCB, IN, SA, MoF. But It doesn't like TH09. anybody been able to get it to work for that one? Kinda a shame since the input lag on that one is about as bad as pcb too for me.