Author Topic: Super Touhou RPG ~ Abandoned due to mod (Pesco's) screwups  (Read 56754 times)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Super Touhou RPG ~ Day 1 Begins!
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2009, 10:25:33 PM »
Jeez, UK, way to overreact. >_>

If 3 damage is such a problem for you, why'd you attack me rather than healing yourself?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Super Touhou RPG ~ Day 2 *Glomps*
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2009, 10:36:03 PM »
UncertainKitten has taken 3 damage.
Umu has taken 1 damage.

Everyone else has taken no damage.

It is now Day 2.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:41:40 AM by u? »

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
Re: Super Touhou RPG ~ Day 2 *Glomp*
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2009, 10:43:40 PM »
##Heal UK

And, mods.

##UK tackle Rou did happen yet, Roukanken has taken no damage apparently.  '3'  Can you update that one?

There is no mistake

And so begins my game being the healer.  (Bonus points for intimate healing.)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 10:45:26 PM by Pes-co-mod »

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2009, 10:47:11 PM »
Well gee, either moves without ## don't count or UK is incapable of doing damage.  YOU DECIDE.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2009, 10:48:43 PM »
Yeah, I'm sort of mad that I had to come in and start the action with the freaking TANK.

Also, Ramus: Being in a tank, I can take a little punishment before people start hurting me, y'know?

...And in other news, are you healing UK because you think she took too big a hit, or because she isn't scum?

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
Re: Super Touhou RPG ~ Day 1 Begins!
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2009, 10:50:57 PM »
And you aren't calling out Zak on the former?
Actually, yes, I was going to call him on that before I got to your exchange of blows.
His point was was more concrete and to the fact, but it's essentially the same "announcing intend to maybe act" declaration.
you sure it's a good idea to telegraph your moves in this game?
You announced aloud your future actions as well, didn't you?

As for the latter, it takes 24 hours to recharge as far as I understand, right? Odds are, he'll just get healed while I attack him
Then you would keep attacking him even if it was clear we didn't want him to die? Wouldn't that be a waste of town's healing resources?

Though it seems it didn't work...

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2009, 10:54:35 PM »
...And in other news, are you healing UK because you think she took too big a hit, or because she isn't scum?

Semi-first.  I hate offense being taken too soon in the game, which tends to lead to people doing stupid things.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2009, 10:59:47 PM »
You know what, I agree with Ramus. Given how this particular game works, it was a rather obviously bad move to simply attack UK like that, especially given that Rou DOES SO MUCH FREAKING DAMAGE!

##Give Cheese to Nazrin (Heal UK)

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2009, 11:00:01 PM »
Yeah, I'm sort of mad that I had to come in and start the action with the freaking TANK.
Then why did you do it? Just after you said you didn't want to use it. And then you just said for people to go ahead and heal her.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2009, 11:03:50 PM »
##Tackle: Ramus

Healing someone on your own accord does not seem right especially when the defendant has announced her intention to hit Rou 2 more times, even if the hits were ineffectual.  Same comment goes to Drake (holo rare).

Also, Rou is a darned bully or something.  Would be cool if there was a death of a thousand paper cuts in this game.  On the opposing side, I clearly wanted to tackle Ramus, so why did you say that you needed to start the action like that?  Can't you just 'call' for action in this game?

And Zak, why are you questioning only UK without questioning me?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2009, 11:33:18 PM »
Then why did you do it? Just after you said you didn't want to use it. And then you just said for people to go ahead and heal her.
Well, the problem is that there were a lot of people saying 'I'll willing to tackle', but no-one actually was. It's like the difference between a vote and an FoS.
Plus it was an hour until the end of the day, and no-one had done anything. There was only so long I could sit around and ask people to make less risky moves.
Thirdly, the point about the mafia needing to have SOME form of attack. I'm willing to agree with Zak they must have SOME way of hurting us, otherwise Town could endlessly heal itself and never lose.

On the opposing side, I clearly wanted to tackle Ramus
Herein lies the problem. Wanting to do it and actually doing it are two different things.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2009, 11:34:58 PM »
EBWOP: I said people should heal her if they disagreed with me, rather than attack me and risk leaving UK closer to death if they think she's Town.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2009, 11:42:46 PM »

If 3 damage is such a problem for you, why'd you attack me rather than healing yourself?

How much life do you think I have? I'll give you a hint. You were just shy of half my life with ONE HIT.

Thank you Ramus. Quite likely a format problem.

Actually, yes, I was going to call him on that before I got to your exchange of blows.
His point was was more concrete and to the fact, but it's essentially the same "announcing intend to maybe act" declaration.

Nice covering this now. After I called you out on it.

I screwed up by calling you out so early.

Then you would keep attacking him even if it was clear we didn't want him to die? Wouldn't that be a waste of town's healing resources?

If it were made clear that he was off limits, for a VERY Damned good reason, yes, I'd lay off.

I'd just find a way to vig him next game ^-^

And thank you Drake.

This is a good question.

Healing someone on your own accord does not seem right especially when the defendant has announced her intention to hit Rou 2 more times, even if the hits were ineffectual.  Same comment goes to Drake (holo rare).

Nyeh, obviously I screwed up. For now I'll cool down though.

Since I'm already partway there

##heal UncertainKitten

Well, the problem is that there were a lot of people saying 'I'll willing to tackle', but no-one actually was. It's like the difference between a vote and an FoS.

This is weak as hell. There's also a difference between one vote and three. Thank god other people can "unvote" for you.

Thirdly, the point about the mafia needing to have SOME form of attack. I'm willing to agree with Zak they must have SOME way of hurting us, otherwise Town could endlessly heal itself and never lose.

Ok?

« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2009, 11:52:20 PM »
You announced aloud your future actions as well, didn't you?
"Attacking someone tomorrow" is too vague to be a legitimate telegraph. My point was Rou could just use his shield and whatever attacks UK makes would be useless. near as I can say, UK doesn't seem to be as interested in revenge as she lead on

And Zak, why are you questioning only UK without questioning me?
You didn't say something to the effect of "I'm going to be attacking you for the next three days straight."

Also, I do realize I have a "say something now, wait later to act" thing going on, but considering the condition I put up, my hands are tied until midnight at the earliest. Though It looks like we're making progress anyway so I might not get a chance to use this excuse.

I don't think Rou is scummy for what he did. We're not really use to the set-up, so the way things progressed, it seemed like everyone was like the newb that didn't want to leave his vote on someone in case they get lynched and are town.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2009, 11:55:34 PM »
@UK: u?'s own example had him attacking someone without double octothorpes, so I think your attack went through (assuming you're not BSing us).  Rou stated he can "take a little punishment" before getting damaged, which implies he has a shield or something?

Anyway, I think Rou should lay off the cannon blasts unless he thinks he's found scum.  That's not a vote you're throwing around.  I also dislike that you're basically saying we should waste our days healing UK just because you wanted to attack her on a whim.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2009, 11:57:21 PM »
My point was Rou could just use his shield and whatever attacks UK makes would be useless. near as I can say, UK doesn't seem to be as interested in revenge as she lead on

Well, duh, I cooled off. Stepping away actually DOES work.

I don't think Rou is scummy for what he did. We're not really use to the set-up, so the way things progressed, it seemed like everyone was like the newb that didn't want to leave his vote on someone in case they get lynched and are town.

I'm not inclined to give him town cred OR scummy points for what he did...well...let me rephrase that. I give him slight scum points because I think he was horribly irresponsible, but I don't think it's completely scummy. I was, however, pissed when he first attacked me hence my messed up attack.

@UK: u?'s own example had him attacking someone without double octothorpes, so I think your attack went through (assuming you're not BSing us).  Rou stated he can "take a little punishment" before getting damaged, which implies he has a shield or something?

I missed the shield thing. Well, that would explain a lot. That's REALLY a pain in the ass.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2009, 12:03:02 AM »
How much life do you think I have? I'll give you a hint. You were just shy of half my life with ONE HIT.
And given that no-one had bothered to mention anything like how much health they had...what would we gain from sitting and doing nothing?

This is weak as hell. There's also a difference between one vote and three. Thank god other people can "unvote" for you.
There's also a difference between one vote and no votes. We learn something from one vote. We don't from no votes.

Ok?
Therefore
a) We need to act or the mafia will come from behind and beat the crap out of us.
b) Your outright denial of mafia-specific powers seemed to almost promote the current apathy we're suffering from. T_T

I also dislike that you're basically saying we should waste our days healing UK just because you wanted to attack her on a whim.
Oh god what is this.
Misrep on two separate points in one sentence:
- I'm not saying people should heal UK for no reason, I'm saying they should heal her if they thought my case against her was bad.
- I didn't attack her on a whim - I gave reasoning for why I didn't like what she'd said, and given that it was Day 1 and no-one else had done anything I think I had a good enough reason to act.

Edible

« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2009, 12:11:05 AM »
- I'm not saying people should heal UK for no reason, I'm saying they should heal her if they thought my case against her was bad.

Keep in mind that you attacking UK, and us healing her, prevents us from doing anything else the rest of the day.

- I didn't attack her on a whim - I gave reasoning for why I didn't like what she'd said, and given that it was Day 1 and no-one else had done anything I think I had a good enough reason to act.

That's still a whim, though... unfortunately, this particular line of discussion isn't going to go anywhere, since at least you took some initiative.  I'll call it a fair point and drop it.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2009, 12:13:25 AM »
And given that no-one had bothered to mention anything like how much health they had...what would we gain from sitting and doing nothing?

And why would we mention that? Is there any reason to claim healths? Actually, is there any reason to not claim healths? I wanna hear both sides.

There's also a difference between one vote and no votes. We learn something from one vote. We don't from no votes.

But three votes is OVERKILL.

I really don't understand why this is so hard to understand.

Therefore
a) We need to act or the mafia will come from behind and beat the crap out of us.
b) Your outright denial of mafia-specific powers seemed to almost promote the current apathy we're suffering from. T_T

I suppose? I'm merely going by other games of this sort.

The thing is, that would have been fine. If you dealt ONE damage. But since you deal THREE damage, you need 3 times as strong a case to attack ANYONE without being anti-town at the least.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2009, 12:20:43 AM »
Keep in mind that you attacking UK, and us healing her, prevents us from doing anything else the rest of the day.
Protip: Even if 3 people heal UK today, there are still 6 other players. Don't act like I've killed off Day 2 entirely.

Better yet, look what's happened. We're talking.

I suppose? I'm merely going by other games of this sort.
You mean like Crawl? Where scum had multiple NKs they could cash in at once?

The thing is, that would have been fine. If you dealt ONE damage. But since you deal THREE damage, you need 3 times as strong a case to attack ANYONE without being anti-town at the least.
So I should just sit back and hope that other people do something to get the game started. That's a good idea, yeah. >_>

Edible

« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2009, 12:26:08 AM »
And why would we mention that? Is there any reason to claim healths? Actually, is there any reason to not claim healths? I wanna hear both sides.

I had asked this earlier, as well.  I think it was ignored.

I'd like to discuss the following:

Should we divulge our stats?  Knowing each other's HP may allow us to keep each other alive until we think we've found scum.  Knowing who can do what damage and who can heal may be useful, too.  I'm just not sure how much this information would benefit scum.

Here's what I think.

Since we know everyone has HP, and everyone has an attack, and everyone has a heal, we should be able to reveal these things without scum making more use of the knowledge than us.  What we shouldn't reveal is if we have a trick up our sleeve like a cop or something.  This would allow us to attribute proper weight to each person's "vote".  I also don't really see a reason for us to divulge our spellcards, though.

The real issue here is that we don't know how scum operates.  I can only assume they have some sort of vig ability like in Crawl, but that's also because it's the only nightless game I've played so far.  There exists the possibility that giving out our base stats may allow scum to eliminate us somehow.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2009, 12:31:30 AM »
I had asked this earlier, as well.  I think it was ignored.

I vaguely remembered but not who.

Since we know everyone has HP, and everyone has an attack, and everyone has a heal, we should be able to reveal these things without scum making more use of the knowledge than us.  What we shouldn't reveal is if we have a trick up our sleeve like a cop or something.  This would allow us to attribute proper weight to each person's "vote".  I also don't really see a reason for us to divulge our spellcards, though.

I think I agree with this.

The real issue here is that we don't know how scum operates.  I can only assume they have some sort of vig ability like in Crawl, but that's also because it's the only nightless game I've played so far.  There exists the possibility that giving out our base stats may allow scum to eliminate us somehow.

Possibly. there IS a chance they have hidden weapons. I doubt they have outright kills though.

You mean like Crawl? Where scum had multiple NKs they could cash in at once?

Crawl was completely different. All it has in common with this game is nightless.

What I meant was War of Heaven or whatever on MS. That was a hurt/heal game. Alas, I don't have a complete understanding of that setup as I merely skimmed it.

So I should just sit back and hope that other people do something to get the game started. That's a good idea, yeah. >_>

With great power comes great responsibility.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2009, 12:33:59 AM »
That's almost as bad. Instead of presenting convincing arguments to support her death, you were just encouraging dissenters to act and negate both sides' efforts.

As I said, I agree that your reason for suspicion was somewhat decent. The problem is that you did exactly what you said you didn't want to do one post (and less than half an hour) earlier.

Wouldn't that be actually another reason to focus on healing first before striking back?

That's my concern as well. Should scum have some way of dealing damage stealthly, allowing them to keep tabs on our health would help them know who they could off easily.

Also, Drake, any other thoughts besides predicting chaos in the game?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2009, 12:38:11 AM »
Wouldn't that be actually another reason to focus on healing first before striking back?

Rage, etc.

Also wasn't sure if we could heal ourselves.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2009, 12:38:31 AM »
I have a few suspicions about the setup, but I don't know if it's worth putting everyone's information into the open for. My point was that I had no idea how much health UK had. Heck, I still don't - we have to trust her when she says she has 6 health, don't we?

As for scum, I had a couple of theories.

- Scum get a NK after X days.
- Each scum gets their own attack, which effectively charges for every day they don't use it. So activate it on D4, it hits for 4-damage. Then it resets to 0. Obviously, it's secret.

Honestly, though, I don't know for sure. The people who'd suffer the most from this plan are the ones with low HP, so it might be a good idea to keep it in the dark until someone gets dangerously low. Maybe not even then if there's a good reason.

That's almost as bad. Instead of presenting convincing arguments to support her death, you were just encouraging dissenters to act and negate both sides' efforts.
D1. What more could I really have said against her at the time?

As I said, I agree that your reason for suspicion was somewhat decent. The problem is that you did exactly what you said you didn't want to do one post (and less than half an hour) earlier.
I didn't want to, but I had to because no-one else was. If I left it to deadline there was the risk of everyone sending in a tackle at once and utter chaos.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2009, 12:39:47 AM »
EBWOP: I would have hoped dissenters on the UK case had a good reason for disagreeing rather than being neutral or just thinking 'that's a lot of damage'. You know, like Ramus and Drake seem to have done.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2009, 12:42:52 AM »
I have a few suspicions about the setup, but I don't know if it's worth putting everyone's information into the open for. My point was that I had no idea how much health UK had. Heck, I still don't - we have to trust her when she says she has 6 health, don't we?

Where did I say this? I most certainly do not have 6 health.

- Each scum gets their own attack, which effectively charges for every day they don't use it. So activate it on D4, it hits for 4-damage. Then it resets to 0. Obviously, it's secret.

IIRC War of Heaven had something like this.

Or was that Unreal Tournament (also another hurt/heal game)

Either way that mechanic is quite possible. Thanks for reminding me.

I didn't want to, but I had to because no-one else was. If I left it to deadline there was the risk of everyone sending in a tackle at once and utter chaos.

I feel this reasoning is weak. Especially for three damage.

Rou, you can't play impulsively. You can argue that your initial attack wasn't impulsive but at the reasoning level you gave and the level of the attack you used, there is too much disproportion for it to not be impulsive.

« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2009, 12:43:50 AM »
Quote from: edible
Umm ... chill. Seriously.

No one said that you had to heal UK. How certain are you that she's even town and thus we should be healing her back to full health? Everyone's been given a hurt/heal factor (although varying) and we should only be healing people because we think they are town, not because they just got fired at by a giant cannon.

But three votes is OVERKILL.

I really don't understand why this is so hard to understand.
Two things are made clear:
1. Rou has no control over the amount of vote he sets out at any one time. It will always be three.
2. No one else is doing anything, and Rou can't force other people to vote.

Cut the drama.

onto playing the setup: I'm not really big on revealing our stats, but it's inevitable we're going to be letting others onto our stats eventually (e.g. Rou has 3 attack, UK has 1 attack and 7 hp, just observations from the way they reacted to each other.) so I'm not sure if it's worth it in the long run to keep it hidden.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2009, 12:48:44 AM »
Where did I say this? I most certainly do not have 6 health.
Oh, damn. I misread 72 and thought you said I'd taken half your life in one hit. My bad.

Rou, you can't play impulsively. You can argue that your initial attack wasn't impulsive but at the reasoning level you gave and the level of the attack you used, there is too much disproportion for it to not be impulsive
Well, sorry that I don't like the idea of 'oh crap, I hit for a lot of damage, I'd better just sit here until someone else gets things started'. I tried to hold myself to it, but things just weren't going anywhere, were they?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2009, 12:49:46 AM »
1. Rou has no control over the amount of vote he sets out at any one time. It will always be three.
2. No one else is doing anything, and Rou can't force other people to vote.

To 2: That was about to change. But there is no proof of that so I'll cede it
To 1: THAT'S WHY HE FUCKING HOLDS HIS FIRE! WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR YOU PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND!

7 hp,

Still wrong.

Oh, damn. I misread 72 and thought you said I'd taken half your life in one hit. My bad.

You came damn close.

Well, sorry that I don't like the idea of 'oh crap, I hit for a lot of damage, I'd better just sit here until someone else gets things started'. I tried to hold myself to it, but things just weren't going anywhere, were they?

Well, sometimes you have to do things you don't like so you don't cause bigger problems than you solve.

Why the hell am I lecturing you on this? I'm the most impulsive damn factor IN this game and I think what you did was ridiculous.