Author Topic: Super Touhou RPG ~ Abandoned due to mod (Pesco's) screwups  (Read 59104 times)

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
Re: Super Touhou RPG ~ Day 4 Hurt me some more
« Reply #240 on: October 18, 2009, 10:17:15 PM »
Alternatively, someone is lying about their damage.

I don't think Ramus should volunteer the information about how much he heals for...despite the fact he's breadcrumbed it pretty much all game if I'm reading him right.

I don't heal for two.  Alas, despite being the kind of person I am, I only get to heal for 1 HP.  But who cares about the math. You're alive, yes?

Let's get those votes in people:

Affinity: 1 (Ramus)
Serp: 1 (UK?)

Who do you want investigated?

It means someone is lying about damage or someone has a hidden ability to heal.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #241 on: October 18, 2009, 10:18:02 PM »
EBWOP: forget that line about Ramus healing for two/breadcrumbs.

At any rate, are you sure you filled your condition Zak?

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
« Reply #242 on: October 18, 2009, 10:38:55 PM »
I don't think Ramus should volunteer the information about how much he heals for...despite the fact he's breadcrumbed it pretty much all game if I'm reading him right.

We'll call it obfuscating stupidity and not me trying to purposefully invoke tropes or shamelessly referencing pop culture so that you pay more attention to those actions instead of me discovering who the scum are and who the townie are and ultimately ending the game by uncovering to the public who the Mafia consists of, gunning them down, and therefore being awesome with some nice rock in the background.  In so, I will prove that I am a harmless badass.

UncertainJakutten

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
Re: Super Touhou RPG ~ Day 3 Tent Ankles
« Reply #245 on: October 18, 2009, 11:07:20 PM »
Well, this got interesting.

In the end you have to decide. Are you trying to kill anti town players in a 9 player set up, or are you trying to actually find scum? Because anti-town != scummy, and I advise you to consider that difference before I'm finished off.
Maybe the right term is anti-play rather than anti-town, since - if I remember well - last time you acted like this you not only were scum but actually were caught because of it.

The point is kinda moot now anyway, since you claim to be ready to die after using your spellcard. I'm a slave to curiosity so I'm willing to let you use it. But for what you've said, I don't believe this spellcard is likely to reveal alignment. I also think you'd better use it soon to show it's not an excuse to buy time. (Though if you ask me for a target I'd say Edible.)

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #246 on: October 18, 2009, 11:10:56 PM »
Affinity: 1 (Ramus)
Serp: 1 (UK?)
Edible: 1 (Nietz)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #247 on: October 18, 2009, 11:23:46 PM »
Well, if we have to keep UK alive, I'd say we put the investigation on Edible.

Meanwhile, I assume that we actually ARE going to find someone to tackle today? Wasting a day waiting for UK's results doesn't sound very pro-active.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
Re: Super Touhou RPG ~ Day 3 Tent Ankles
« Reply #248 on: October 18, 2009, 11:29:27 PM »
We've been over this already, Roukanken.

So, therefore statistics say that no one will get shot ever until someone is actually shot in which then we haul ass.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #249 on: October 18, 2009, 11:53:54 PM »
Maybe the right term is anti-play rather than anti-town, since - if I remember well - last time you acted like this you not only were scum but actually were caught because of it.

Yeah, that was last time. And the time before I believe I was town. The time before that I was scum. And the first game I played was me like that as town.

The point is kinda moot now anyway, since you claim to be ready to die after using your spellcard. I'm a slave to curiosity so I'm willing to let you use it. But for what you've said, I don't believe this spellcard is likely to reveal alignment. I also think you'd better use it soon to show it's not an excuse to buy time.

I'm just waiting for everyone to show up.

And how does something about a player not reveal alignment?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #250 on: October 19, 2009, 01:24:43 AM »
Let's see how much I can type before I pass out.  I'm trying far too hard to keep up with this game when I've been awake for close to 30 hours.

Given my play, my lynch is the proper decision. I acknowledge this. The best I can do is try to be helpful til I die.

I get bad vibes from this post.  Since when does UK give up, like... ever?

Rou, if you use T_T one more time I will have you arrested.  Anyway, if UK flips scum, you're practically cleared.  I seriously doubt it's a bussing attempt between you two.  Since her flip will be the biggest indicator of your alignment, and I'm leaning scum on UK now thanks to her more recent posts (see above), I think a more in-depth look at you can wait a little while.

Drake seemed fine up until recently, but I think he fell off my radar; plz 2 moar post <3.  Zak and Ramus have been producing quality material, though Ramus seems a bit too fixated with Affinity and vice versa.

And now it's time to pass out.  Christ.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #251 on: October 19, 2009, 01:26:15 AM »
I get bad vibes from this post.  Since when does UK give up, like... ever?

I've done it like once before because I was sick of the game. That's about where I'm at now.

My question is do you support my death before I use my spellcard or after? FURTHER, who do you want me to target?

Edible

« Reply #252 on: October 19, 2009, 01:34:45 AM »
I knew I forgot something.

Unless you're stalling for time or something, I see no reason for you to not go ahead with your spellcard idea - we have nothing to lose.  Assuming we lynch you anyway, I think investigating either Affinity or Ramus would be your best bet, since they've kinda been in their own little world.  Scanning Rou would be silly, and I'm feeling fewer scum vibes from Serp.

Hrm.  Between the two, I think I'd pick Affinity on a hunch.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #253 on: October 19, 2009, 01:36:28 AM »
Unless you're stalling for time or something, I see no reason for you to not go ahead with your spellcard idea - we have nothing to lose.  Assuming we lynch you anyway, I think investigating either Affinity or Ramus would be your best bet, since they've kinda been in their own little world.  Scanning Rou would be silly, and I'm feeling fewer scum vibes from Serp.

I'm using my spellcard before the day ends. But I'm not going to use it without everyone giving an opinion. From there I'll pick whoever has the most votes.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #254 on: October 19, 2009, 01:56:28 AM »
And how does something about a player not reveal alignment?
If it works like you implied, I would expect it much more likely to reveal any other of the player stats. An alignment-revealing effect would be pretty useless if the character had been picked up by a scum player.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #255 on: October 19, 2009, 02:00:28 AM »
If it works like you implied, I would expect it much more likely to reveal any other of the player stats. An alignment-revealing effect would be pretty useless if the character had been picked up by a scum player.

Well, besides the fact that it lets them claim cop. Maybe I'm being optimistic. We'll find out

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #256 on: October 19, 2009, 02:01:41 AM »
@Ramus:

He's also a jerk.

For questioning you, no less. 

Also, calling me lurking is also pretty ineffectual given that you originally only had your case on me.  Content is not based on the number of times that you have posted (quite a bit which has been used on meaningless setup speculation), but rather who is scum and why, and until your 177, which is just parroting of previous opinions and 'meta' without analysis.  Rather bad questioning too.

Other gripes:

She's since blown it out of proportion to get justification for it.  Roukanken I find townie out of repetition, UK I find neutral for the lack of doing much besides attacking Roukanken.  I've seen both town and scum focus on one target using circular logic and ad hominem.  I don't really see reason to bat an eye towards either right now.

1. Oversimplification of events.  Funny is that this directly contradicts this post, where you label her as scummy all of a sudden.  Represents fluidity of opinions.

You and I have different interpretations of early game.  At this point, it's a few days in and at least people are grounded where they are in their opinions.  This is not early game since people are reasoning things instead of shouting at UK and Roukanken for their little drama.  And to be honest, looking at my own character, 3 HP is a lot of damage and had me a bit taken a back for at the beginning.  However, now I can see it's not all that much as apparently people have sufficient HP to survive some hits and more so, people are being cautious about how they're using their tackles.

2. You are not answering the question on Edible.  This has nothing to do with early game or whatever, it's about the reasons for attacking and healing, which you have casually handwaved as 'non-earlygame'.  Analysis please.  Rou supposedly attacked him for 'AtE', which seems like a weak reason, for 3 HP no less.  And about people being cautious about how they are using their tackles, how so?  On the contrary, more people are tackling.  I don't find this satisfactory.

---

On UK's flip, I agree with Zak that it wouldn't hurt to see what might happen.  I'm okay with anyone, including myself, but if I were to vote someone, it would be Edible, since he doesn't seem to have much topic presence at all in this game.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #257 on: October 19, 2009, 02:37:38 AM »
Alright, I just got back home and finished reading what has been posted since I left. I think I'm gonna vote Serp to be investigated. I don't really have any other comments to make, I completely fail at telling who seems to be scum and who doesn't. I haven't really noticed a whole lot this game, and when looking at other games, people I thought were scum turned out to not be, so... Bleh.

Though I'm gonna work on rereading what happened BEFORE I left as well, maybe see if I can actually notice anything...

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #258 on: October 19, 2009, 02:39:30 AM »
Affinity: 2 (Ramus, Edible)
Serp: 2 (UK?, Drake)
Edible: 3 (Nietz, Affinity, Rou)

2 more people, people.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2009, 03:36:46 AM »
Alright... Finished my reread. After doing so, I've noticed something that stands out... Or rather, someone. Specifically, Serp. In my opinion, there's something suspicious about saying that it would EVER be okay to go and attack people completely randomly, even if you point out that it doesn't apply in this situation.

Also, he sounded suspiciously like you're actually complaining when people begin to take his advice. He suggested getting people down into dangerous levels, right? And yet, by his own admission in a more recent post, he isn't even that close to dying! So why does it sound like he actually has a PROBLEM when people are attacking him?

I'm not completely sure he's scum, but that's for two simple reasons: 1) The people who I thought were scummiest in the past weren't, and 2) I tend to be unsure either way, whether or not I really should be. I'm not going to keep second-guessing myself and end up doing nothing, and I think that if you want people to be at dangerously low levels of health, then you shouldn't be protesting when it happens!

In short: ##Wrap spider in own web (Tackle Serp)

So Serp, have a response?

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #260 on: October 19, 2009, 04:09:11 AM »
EBWOP: Ignore the typos please... (like switching from "he" to "you" when referring to Serp)

« Reply #261 on: October 19, 2009, 04:27:05 AM »
I'm not exactly certain where the numbers came from. I'm very certain I fulfilled my condition.

Still tired and about to go to bed.

Anyway, between Affinity, Serp, and Edible, Affinity has more presence than either of them since he's carrying on a discussion against Ramus, who he thinks is scummy (and I personally still agree). I also still don't see a case on Serp that I agree with fully, as oppose to the one Rou made on edible. That means I'm throwing my vote on Edible to be investigated.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #262 on: October 19, 2009, 01:22:19 PM »
Also, he sounded suspiciously like you're actually complaining when people begin to take his advice. He suggested getting people down into dangerous levels, right? And yet, by his own admission in a more recent post, he isn't even that close to dying! So why does it sound like he actually has a PROBLEM when people are attacking him?

Where exactly do I "sound like" I'm protesting being attacked?  I'm protesting people following a baseless case on me.  Also, why are you trying to bring me closer to death when we've already decided on who's going to be lynched next?  If UncertainKitten is scum, then she's going to use her spellcard to try and kill a townie, and even if she's town, she's admitted that her card causes damage in addition to whatever else it does.  If you really want it to be used to verify my innocence, then don't bring me into the range where the investigation will kill me.

##Heal Serpentarius

I'm requesting that no one attack me again until UncertainKitten's spellcard fires off, because this looks to me like it could be a scum ploy to bring me into the range where her card will kill me.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Serp

« Reply #263 on: October 19, 2009, 01:24:45 PM »
EBWOP:  Additionally, since it looks like the two top contenders for who UncertainKitten will use her spellcard on are myself and Edible, and it looks like no one but Drake considers me to be viable case anymore, I think an investigation of Edible would be more helpful.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #264 on: October 19, 2009, 04:55:42 PM »
Hm... That's interesting... A range where the investigation will kill you? If both of you have been telling the truth, then that's hardly the case. She said that it dealt TWO points of damage. There's a rather large gap (as in, more than one point) between that and "really high" which is what you said that the damage would have to be to kill you. So unless you've been misleading us or UK is saying that her damage is less than it actually is, I don't think it's likely to be the case. And remember that UK is playing freaking NAZRIN, how much damage do you think she'll be doing either way? It's not like she drives a tank~

As far as "having decided who's going to be lynched next" UK only needs like... What, two attacks to take her out? Heck, just O
NE more tank tackle from Rou would be pretty much guaranteed to take her out at this point. What's wrong with having a second person available to lynch if need be? Or are you saying that you can't POSSIBLY be worth keeping at anywhere remotely approaching danger, despite saying that it would have been a good idea to keep multiple people around critical?

Also, on your point of if the spellcard would kill you... How does it apply now even if your health was pathetically low? Are you expecting people to change their votes? There's four on Edible, two on you and Affinity. Unless UK completely disregards votes, I don't think it's gonna apply <_<

Serp

« Reply #265 on: October 19, 2009, 06:16:18 PM »
Hm... That's interesting... A range where the investigation will kill you? If both of you have been telling the truth, then that's hardly the case. She said that it dealt TWO points of damage. There's a rather large gap (as in, more than one point) between that and "really high" which is what you said that the damage would have to be to kill you. So unless you've been misleading us or UK is saying that her damage is less than it actually is, I don't think it's likely to be the case. And remember that UK is playing freaking NAZRIN, how much damage do you think she'll be doing either way? It's not like she drives a tank~

. . .

Also, on your point of if the spellcard would kill you... How does it apply now even if your health was pathetically low? Are you expecting people to change their votes? There's four on Edible, two on you and Affinity. Unless UK completely disregards votes, I don't think it's gonna apply <_<

Remember that part where I said that I think UK is the most likely player to be scum, which is the whole reason we're lynching her?  If that's the case, I don't think she's going to tell us the truth about how much damage this attack deals, and I don't think she's going to listen to our suggestion of who to hit with it.

Quote from: ShiningDrake
As far as "having decided who's going to be lynched next" UK only needs like... What, two attacks to take her out? Heck, just O
NE more tank tackle from Rou would be pretty much guaranteed to take her out at this point. What's wrong with having a second person available to lynch if need be? Or are you saying that you can't POSSIBLY be worth keeping at anywhere remotely approaching danger, despite saying that it would have been a good idea to keep multiple people around critical?

Bringing multiple people to critical is good when we're deciding who's going to get lynched, and putting pressure on them.  Keeping them both at critical while we lynch one of them is probably not such a good idea, because if the one we're lynching is scum, and the other isn't, then it might allow the scum to kill the other candidate with his spellcard.

Edible

« Reply #266 on: October 19, 2009, 06:36:51 PM »
Lunch break lunch break tee hee.

Since it looks like I'm going to get copped by UK's card, I'm going to go ahead and blow my spellcard to use its shield to hopefully prevent however much damage her card does.  When I get cleared as town, I doubt anyone will be attacking me, so it's best to use it now.

##Declare!
Pesco had this action target Serpentarius.  (Yes, yes, I know.)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 03:24:51 AM by u? »

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #267 on: October 19, 2009, 06:59:11 PM »
Why am I half-expecting Edible's card to nullify the secondary effect of UK's card as well? It would be just perfect if we ended up going absolutely nowhere with this...

« Reply #268 on: October 19, 2009, 07:20:35 PM »
I doubt that would happen unless it was a roleblock effect attached to his card.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #269 on: October 19, 2009, 08:57:51 PM »
Ok, can someone get the votes for me? Are we targetting Edible? I think he has four votes as opposed to everyone else having less than that. Someone confirm as I JUST got online now. Boring story about that one...I'm just glad I didn't miss day end.

I don't like Edible activating his spellcard though. If my ability is blocked by it, kill him after we kill me.