Author Topic: How do I map English (US) keyboard to Neko Project 21?  (Read 9709 times)

Silent Sinner in Scarlet

• Chiptune musician in PMD98
  • I will remain silent on that question.
    • My musician profile on CD Baby
How do I map English (US) keyboard to Neko Project 21?
« on: July 04, 2019, 03:18:40 AM »
Someone got me a ZIPped copy of Neko Project 21 (fmgen build dated 2018, because the links on the sticky thread are broken), while I downloaded the YAHDI hard-disk image and prepared it for use with NP21.

Now I have a problem: when I go to the command prompt, my English (US) keyboard does not behave like English keyboard (keys are mapping instead to some unknown Japanese keyboard), and now I cannot find a way to type the underscore "_" character with the keyboard. And I cannot find a way in NP21 configuration to change the keyboard?s mapping (like I could in Anex86) so that my EN-US keyboard behaves like EN-US (and not like JA-JP). Any help or ideas here? ???

BTW I am using a laptop with a built-in keyboard, so I cannot simply buy a Japanese keyboard and hook it up (and even so I might not even get the desired behavior since NEC keyboards had different keys than Japanese Windows keyboards).

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
Re: How do I map English (US) keyboard to Neko Project 21?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 01:20:37 PM »
Sorry for the delay in responding (I rarely check this forum nowadays). Inputting underscores in NP2 with a US keyboard layout is a bit of a pain, The option I use is based on the soft keyboard:
* Click the cat icon in the title bar to open the soft keyboard.
* Hold Shift while pressing the - button to the left of Right Shift (right of the . key) to input an underscore.

There's an option somewhere to map F12 to a custom key, but I've forgotten the details.

Also, I've updated the link in the sticky if you want the latest version of fmgen.