Author Topic: INVASION! (Game Over, Nobody Wins)  (Read 81425 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Dawn of the Sixth Day
« Reply #630 on: September 27, 2009, 05:26:48 PM »
Dawn of the Sixth Day

Kitten4U, playing Yumemi, Vanilla Townie, suffered a fatal strawberry crisis.

The votecount has been reset.  You have 7 (real) days remaining.

Town is in LYLO.

With 4 remaining, it takes 3 to lynch.  Fire missiles!

Not voting: Kiro, Sodium, Roukanken, Affinity
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 11:41:00 AM by Kilgamayan »

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
Re: INVASION! (Day 4) - The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
« Reply #631 on: September 27, 2009, 05:34:20 PM »
@Mods: Are we in LYLO?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #632 on: September 27, 2009, 05:35:06 PM »
Pseudo/Potential LYLO, yes.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #633 on: September 27, 2009, 05:37:00 PM »

Who the fuck NKs Pesco!?!?!

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #634 on: September 27, 2009, 06:27:27 PM »
Wat@Night Kill Target. Has Pesco EVER been the only person NK'd in a night?

Oh shit, lylo.

Well, Suwako's flip has made Serp obvscum, so yeah. And Pesco's flip doesn't help, as that would mean there are two Night Vigs in the game, which doesn't seem likely. Kevorkian Doc is a Night Vig Doc btw(Night Vigging will remove ability to protect though); I know because I got that role once from Kilga, unless Edible changed it.

##Vote Serp

Also, Check for voteblocking.

Kittens need to make up for Day 3 absence.

Would like Nietz Night Results.

Edible: What does Rosamia Badam from Zeta Gundam have anything to do with this game?

I need to re-read some stuff for my next post which will have opinions on other people, but I'm getting this post out first.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #635 on: September 27, 2009, 06:41:51 PM »
Funny, my conclusion was that Suwa's flip implicates Rou.

Also, catch up from yesterday that got cut off by night:

Okay seriously, what the hell? Besides the fact you're tunneling on me at the point where there really isn't any way for my lynch to happen today, you're asking the potential vig to hit himself?

Having an vig of uncertain and quite dubious alignment is quite often solved this way. That way it ties up loose ends without wasting a lynch.

If Suwako flips scum, UK is a highly likely buddy to her given the massive tunnel on me this late in the day and conveniently placing Suwako at the bottom of her list of suspicions today. After that, I'd probably be looking at Pesco for third buddy, possibly K4U (Nietz would be here as well but his claim more or less makes him look either Town or a buddy to Scum!Serp, which I find very hard to believe) but that's a good way down the line.

That's good. Cause if Suwako flips town I'll feel even MORE comfortable about lynching you tomorrow, if that's possible. I'm also going to look quite closely at how others interacted with Suwako

And Suwako flipped town.

Since I won't post this til the start of D4...

##Vote Roukanken

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #636 on: September 27, 2009, 06:48:14 PM »
Also, going to work today. Probably won't return til tomorrow.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #637 on: September 27, 2009, 06:55:52 PM »
Since we're in LYLO, I'll take the opening to claim...Nitori Kawashiro, Vanilla Townie. >_>

First response:
Well, Suwako's flip has made Serp obvscum, so yeah. And Pesco's flip doesn't help, as that would mean there are two Night Vigs in the game, which doesn't seem likely. Kevorkian Doc is a Night Vig Doc btw(Night Vigging will remove ability to protect though); I know because I got that role once from Kilga, unless Edible changed it.
1. I stand to the belief that Suwako was worth lynching. After she became 'confirmed Town' on day 1 she contributed little beyond 'lol you guys suck', and when said clear was questioned she started spamming WIFOM left right and centre.

2. Are you actually accusing Serp of not having a killing role? Because you're then immediately jumping at Nietz for faking his tracker claim. And better yet, wouldn't Pesco have called him out on it, or at least have found some excuse to vote for him rather than staying on Nietz for most of the day?

3. WHY ARE YOU VOTING AN HOUR INTO LYLO SERIOUSLY

Quickly thinking back over D3, I'll mention that UK's 599 also irks me. Because it pokes at Serp and Suwako, pointing out problems with them, but says 'I don't want to be on either of these wagons to favour a wagon that isn't going to happen'. Gaining credit by not being willing or present on two (IMO) Town wagons feels bad.

I need to give this some proper thought. I'd been intending to start with a case on Pesco, but...yeah. >_>

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #638 on: September 27, 2009, 08:11:46 PM »
Well, I don't know how can Serpentarius possibly get worse now. Two vigging roles for Town seem borderline ridiculous, limitations or not. I'm not gonna vote so early in LYLO, but I'm pretty much set for him.

Also, I tracked UK and got nothing.

2. Are you actually accusing Serp of not having a killing role? Because you're then immediately jumping at Nietz for faking his tracker claim. And better yet, wouldn't Pesco have called him out on it, or at least have found some excuse to vote for him rather than staying on Nietz for most of the day?
What the hell does that mean? How does Serp having a killing role makes him obvtown? And I can't even begin to understand how pesco not voting for Serp makes him town.

Kiro

« Reply #639 on: September 27, 2009, 08:36:14 PM »
Sodium pretty much described what I think is the kicker. Kevorkian Doc is a second vig. Giving Town 2 vigs when there's only 25% Scum in the game just doesn't seem too feasible. If we have to make a guess with the known power roles at the moment: Town Kevorkian Doc, Unknown Voteblocker, Unknown Tracker, and Unknown Even Night Vig, giving Town the Doc and Vig looks grossly imbalanced. Factor in Serp waffling on vigging Suwako before getting people to vote Suwako in Day 3 and I think that clinches it. Further roleclaims should tell us whether this balance can be believed or not. For the record, I roleclaim Vanilla Townie.

Also Rou, why did you feel like pursuing a case on Pesco? If you look at who's left on the Suwako wagons, you have Rou, Affinity, Serp on both days and myself for Day 3 with Sodium hammering being null. With the Occam's Razor scenario pretty much confirmed, tell me why at least from your point of view, Affinity and Serp were not top suspects over Pesco as you were thinking about this during Night 3? Not liking Rou's initial idea of wanting to pursue Pesco over either of these people.

Since we need to test if anyone got voteblocked, I think everyone should vote someone that has not been voted so that everyone has ONE vote until the mod votecount reveals who it is. With that, testing my vote on the person below me from page 1:

##Vote Sodium

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #640 on: September 27, 2009, 08:46:01 PM »
What the hell does that mean? How does Serp having a killing role makes him obvtown? And I can't even begin to understand how pesco not voting for Serp makes him town.
I was pointing out that Serp makes no sense as scum. If he didn't have a killing role then your track claim was false and thus you were buddies, but then why were there two deaths on N2?

Besides, you guys seem to have missed a key point - if Serp is SK, we can use him. If we mislynch today, Serp HAS to try and hit scum to fulfill his win condition. By the time his next hit comes around, the game will undoubtedly be over (because there's no way we're making it to N6).

Also Rou, why did you feel like pursuing a case on Pesco? If you look at who's left on the Suwako wagons, you have Rou, Affinity, Serp on both days and myself for Day 3 with Sodium hammering being null. With the Occam's Razor scenario pretty much confirmed, tell me why at least from your point of view, Affinity and Serp were not top suspects over Pesco as you were thinking about this during Night 3?
Pesco annoyed me because for a good portion of the day he basically cheered me on for the Suwako lynch. Hell, when he finally voted he stated 'gonna trust Rou on this one', effectively connecting me directly to the upcoming Town lynch. Hence my suspicion of him.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #641 on: September 27, 2009, 08:56:49 PM »
Vote Count: Gonna Lie Low For A While

Serpentarius (1): Sodium
Roukanken (1): UncertianKitten
Sodium (1): Kiro

Not voting: Everyone else

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #642 on: September 27, 2009, 09:37:51 PM »
I was pointing out that Serp makes no sense as scum. If he didn't have a killing role then your track claim was false and thus you were buddies, but then why were there two deaths on N2?
He can still be an SK or scum hitman, or he might have been the scum NK and the Kilga kill was the SK or hitman.

But then again, IF he is an SK, and IF there's 3 scum left, killing him would be game over. That would explain the current Potential LYLO.

Let's see what he has to say. Meanwhile:
Since we need to test if anyone got voteblocked, I think everyone should vote someone that has not been voted so that everyone has ONE vote until the mod votecount reveals who it is. With that, testing my vote on the person below me from page 1:
Okay.
## Vote Kiro :P

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #643 on: September 27, 2009, 09:41:21 PM »
Since we need to test if anyone got voteblocked, I think everyone should vote someone that has not been voted so that everyone has ONE vote until the mod votecount reveals who it is.
Makes sense to me.

##Vote: UncertainKitten

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #644 on: September 27, 2009, 11:24:39 PM »
This game is defying common sense.  I second what Sodium says about pesco's role on Serp.  The only course of action seems to be to wait on Serp at the moment.

##Vote: Nietz

Edible

« Reply #645 on: September 28, 2009, 12:42:22 AM »
I will save you some trouble - no one is votestopped at present.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #646 on: September 28, 2009, 12:53:12 AM »
Roukan, I was also checking for VOTEBLOCK(tm). =V It's under my vote.

Also, Serp is obvscum by now, if not for his actions, then by Pesco's flip. I'm fairly confident that Serp was lying about being a vig now, and is thus scum, although the possibility of Serp being an even kill SK is possible. He'll have to claim if he wants any realistic chance of scum not winning though, and there's still the chance he's lying should he claim that.

Came back home after some various things, so yeah.

Oh, and assuming that Serp is scum, I'll have strong suspicions of Rou(continuing defense of Serp, some ties to VGT), and mild suspicion of Kiro(swing vote that put Suwako up and Serp down, but that's about it).
Kitten seems pretty town, if just a bit inactive(think Alice).
Nietz is confirmed townie imo, as scumNietz would have no reason to claim at all.
UK seems like the townie as well.
Affinity is neutral with me right now. Because I think that Serp=scum, and Rou=Serp Buddy, his argument with Rou at the end of Day 2/Day 3 would make me lean town, but his silence on VGT on Day 1 and his "huge Suwako push while ignoring previous Rou case for a bit" makes me lean scum, so neutral.
Just making sure; Affinity, are you still suspicions of Roukan? Your last post that had anything to do with Roukan directly was 563.

Kiro: You forgot the best role ever: Bunch Of Fucking Rocks. That role defeated Edible.

Oh, and are we roleclaiming?

Edible: Thanks for telling us.
Guess that means that either the vote stopper didn't use it, or it had only 2 charges.

Vote stays for now, as I see no real reason to remove it.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #647 on: September 28, 2009, 01:05:59 AM »
First, since we're mass claiming: I'm a Vanillia Townie.

I still think Serp is scum for reasons I and other people have already stated.  I still think Rou is scum for reasons I and other people have already stated.  This game still hurts my head. 

Waiting on Serp for the moment.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #648 on: September 28, 2009, 01:14:30 AM »
If no one is votestopped, I assume that we are in LyLo, since scum have nothing to gain from not votestopping, and at the same time, votestopping is game-breaking at LyLo.

I roleclaim vanilla townie.  As for Roukanken, my point against him, that he didn't really contribute, has weakened due to yesterday, though I still think that his Suwako vote post was a little abrupt without real reasoning, and that much of what he said yesterday were reasonably obvious and stated by other people.  But due to the actions of D1 and D2, I still find him scummy, though not to the extent that Serp is right now.

I wonder why UK ignored the Serp point though, makes me feel a little queasy.  If Serp flips scum, then UK probably would be a possible scumbuddy.

##Unvote

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #649 on: September 28, 2009, 02:46:44 AM »
Alright then. I'm a VT(Vanilla Townie, for those who hate acronyms).

Affinity: I see. The main problem was how suddenly you stopped talking about Roukan though. Didn't help that the last thing you talked to Roukan about was his usual "I'm an idiot" post.

So, uh, waiting for Serp.

Kiro

« Reply #650 on: September 28, 2009, 03:11:32 AM »
Rou: I really don't think Serp could be an SK. Going into Night 2, he would have no idea who the Scum would attempt to hit. So hitting Zakeri (one of the people voting him) should raise warning bells against him. And tunneling back onto Suwako, supposedly after getting cold feet is not how an SK acts. An SK eliminates everyone, he either would have shot Suwako without batting an eye because Town presumably would not have lynched him otherwise, or he would have shot Zakeri and pursued a different case than Suwako without drawing more attention to himself. Plus, if you want to consider the thought, how does one expect an Even Night SK to win this game? Without doing the number crunching, having an inherent lack of kills would probably result in being caught in endgame against Scum at the wrong time. So yeah, either a Townie or Scum and definitely leaning Scum now. I have to revise my earlier opinion about Mafia Serp being willing to push the Suwako mislynch again as it forced us into LYLO with no room for error. Presumably a better alternative to being lynched a Day earlier and he almost certainly had help from some scum to get there.

Don't like how Rou waffled on his suspicions. Even if he was going to put Pesco as his top choice for lynch today, the lack of any updated opinion of Serp or Affinity is unreasonable. You even voted Affinity the start of Day 3 so where did your thoughts there go? Saying Serp could be the SK also doesn't tell us the likelihood that you think he is. Initial lack of input there is bad; feels like you're not thinking enough which means you're not scumhunting enough while waiting to react to what other people say. And Rou, you wondering why Pesco didn't stay on Serp is missing the point. Pesco was concerned about how likely Suwako was Scum and I'm not sure how much Serp's roleclaim played into that decision. That seems to be the reason why he voted Suwako and I'm sure he's unhappy about it as much as the rest of Town is. Let's hear what you think about who your top choices are for today.

Not too sure of what to make of Affinity. He brings forth his own cases although they were a bit odd in Day 1 (umu and K4U prod). And he's pretty much an early follower, being #2 in Day 1, and #3 in Day 3. That's generally the best way for Scum to act as they hopefully let a Townie incriminate a Townie. He was after Rou both times so with the continued pressure on Rou, I wonder if it's just trying to set up Rou as the fall guy. On the other hand, you push Rou for much of the game and the two of you have voted each other and other people have voted Rou too. Given that, my impression is that you're not scumbuddies which makes deciding between the two of you as the secondary choice more difficult.

Given Occam's, I'd be pretty sad if both Rou and Serp are Townies and the game's looking grim if so. I think Serp's pushing of the wagon in Day 3 is scummier than Rou's pushing the wagon in Day 1 although both are pretty bad anyways. Favoring the Serp lynch at the moment. Although Rou's statements for Day 4 are pretty bad already, I'm just getting a bad feeling about Serp, Rou, and Affinity being the last 3 Scum. They're too smart as players and as a team to be the first 3 on a Day 1 mislynch wagon created from scratch AND to push it again in Day 3. So I'm feeling at least one Scum bussed VgT and I intend to consider that in future Days.

##Unvote Sodium

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #651 on: September 28, 2009, 06:01:27 AM »
Well, this looks bad.  To all of those labelling me as obvscum, please keep in mind that Pesco knew he wasn't the only partial vig role, and he still believed me strongly enough to swing the lynch away from me and towards Suwako.  Also keep in mind that Suwako knew I was wrong about him, and still stated that he believed my story.  This isn't an open-and-shut case.

There's not a whole lot more I can say in my defense.  I wouldn't roleclaim SK here, even if I was one, because I very much doubt that it would save me.  As Kiro says, my actions aren't at all consistent with that sort of victory condition, and an even-kill SK would be beyond a bastard mod role in the first place.

As for who I think actually is scum, we now have confirmation that Suwako was town, and that every flipped player who was on his wagon D1 was town.  With one flipped scum, and presumably three left, and three unflipped spots on the D1 Suwako wagon including myself, I at least have proof that at least one scum was bussing VgameT, and if that's the case, maybe they all were.  A conspiracy of a different sort.

I have one top, stand-out suspect, and it's founded on last night's actions.  Pesco is beyond bizarre as a night kill choice.  He was the swing vote that sealed Suwako's mislynch.  Yet, he was an unclaimed power role.  If scum has a tracker or a role cop, then they'd know that Pesco would be the one player that could stop them in the event of a mislynch today.

Here's my theory.  D1, VgameT makes a policy lynch of himself, whether as part of a plan or by complete accident.  Scum realize that he's not going to make it to LyLo.  Nietz, the scum tracker, decides to bus him, planning to cruise straight to LyLo on the towncred.  N1, he uses his ability on Pesco.  If he's scum tracker, it returns whoever Pesco protected.  If he's scum rolecop, it returns "Kevorkian Doc."  Either way, scum now know that Pesco is dangerous.

D2, scum lets the town go about chasing newbies and following false leads.  Nietz hangs back and watches the circus.  N2, scum decide to let Pesco live for whatever reason.  Maybe they think he's probably protecting himself, maybe they have a roleblocker.  Nietz either tracks me as he claimed, or scans me vig and makes the obvious conclusion from Zakeri's death.

D3, he sees suspicion building on him and makes his roleclaim with proof to reclear himself.  He lies about who he tracked N1 - chances are, this would paint Affinity as his scumbuddy, unless he was gutsy enough to name a random townie as using no ability N1, betting that he wouldn't be unlucky enough to pick another power role.  N3, he figures that Pesco is going to be protecting him, and so offs Pesco so he can't bring his ability to play on the night after LyLo to keep the town in the game.

##Vote: Nietz

A bit of a stretch, I know.  I may have a bad track record with those, this game, but I now have confirmation that bussing was going on, so the only question is who's doing it.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #652 on: September 28, 2009, 09:20:51 AM »
I still blatantly refuse to believe that Serp is scum. If he's SK then that's fine if somewhat difficult for him, but giving scum an even-night hitman on top of their normal kill is outright suicidal.

I'm actually getting highly irritated with how half the Town has decided that Serp is obvscum when the most obvious sign that something is amiss - the death on N2 - suggests either Town has a vig, or scum has one of the cheapest and most unfair roles out there. I've never played a game with a Hitman before, and I hope to keep it that way.

Don't like how K4U is simply saying 'Serp and Rou are scum' without giving the slightest consideration to the Pesco hit. Also want to hear more from UK when she gets back from work.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #653 on: September 28, 2009, 09:25:48 AM »
EBWOP.

And Rou, you wondering why Pesco didn't stay on Serp is missing the point. Pesco was concerned about how likely Suwako was Scum and I'm not sure how much Serp's roleclaim played into that decision.
That was to oppose Sodium's assumption that Serp hadn't made the kill on N2, Pesco had. It made no sense, to be frank.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #654 on: September 28, 2009, 03:40:47 PM »
EBWOP Again: To clarify my stance, I don't believe there's any way for Serp, as a killing role, to be scum. If we assume a Hitman does exist, why would he target Zak of all people? Kilga was on the Serp wagon as well, so hitting BOTH of the players who'd been following him so fiercely would be a dead giveaway.
Besides, there was already a decent enough case on Zak given that a) he'd been going for Suwako D1, and b) he'd spent D2 tunneling Serp vigorously. I can't see why scum would go out of their way to kill him rather than one of the bigger targets.

Anyway, since Edible clarified the voteblock, ##Unvote. Given that there's been no claim we can probably assume that the voteblocker is scum.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #655 on: September 28, 2009, 05:09:26 PM »

Quickly thinking back over D3, I'll mention that UK's 599 also irks me. Because it pokes at Serp and Suwako, pointing out problems with them, but says 'I don't want to be on either of these wagons to favour a wagon that isn't going to happen'. Gaining credit by not being willing or present on two (IMO) Town wagons feels bad.

Ok, so, you'd prefer if I voted people I think are town? Or rather, less scummy than you? Yes, I probably should have voted Serp. I wasn't thinking. I'm still DAMNED certain you are scum at this point.

However, I did not think about the vig angle. I don't think it wise to play the set up but...that does implicate Serp more...

Serp as SK is an interesting theory there...though even night kills is kinda screwed up for an SK

I wonder why UK ignored the Serp point though, makes me feel a little queasy.  If Serp flips scum, then UK probably would be a possible scumbuddy.

Explain the serp point I "ignored"?

Realize I've been willing to lynch serpy these past two days. Just less willing to lynch him then Rou and then we ended up getting caught in other lynches.

Kiro 650 does make a lot of sense...hmm...

This is hard...

Look, here it is. I favor either Rou or Serpy's lynch at this point, from earlier cases on Serp and obviously what I think about Rou.

And wow Serpy that is an incredible conspiracy theory. It almost makes sense but it feels contrived. I'm getting a backed into the corner feel from you.

Rou 652: You also assume Serpy is telling the truth. If he's scum, he has no obligation to do so. Further, while he was tracked to the Zakeri kill, no one can confirm whether that was a scum hit or something else. I would recheck your premise and think about it a bit. Maybe turn the chessboard over a bit.

And no, I'm not proposing Pesco made the other hit.

Rou 654 is a fair point for why Zak wasn't the mafia kill. But anyway, what if it's a one shot or something?

Either way, this development of Rou dropping Serp...irritates me.

I really COULD go for either lynch at this point.

Kiro

« Reply #656 on: September 28, 2009, 05:49:57 PM »
Serp, you should tell us why Scum Tracker Nietz would choose to reveal himself in tracking you. The only thing it did was make you claim Vig which actually made you more likely to survive given how it led to the Suwako lynch. Let's say you respond to this by stating that it was to get Suwako mislynched in Day 3, then you mislynched in Day 4, but this is contingent on other people voting for Suwako. I'm just not seeing the Day 3 Suwako wagon to be all Townies and you not commenting on any of those people is disturbing. Because if you're lynched as Scum today, you're not giving us any leads as to who else might be your buddy from these wagons. Opinions on Rou, Affinity, and myself in particular please.

Rou: I'd like your opinion on Affinity. If you don't think Serp is Scum and you say you're not Scum, what do you think of Affinity? If you think he's Town, explain why and a rationale for why virtually everyone on the Suwako wagon in Day 1 is Town. You've even had a chance to respond to Serp and I see your stance there, but then, who else is Scum? You waiting on K4U or UK is no good. Bring forth your own cases without waiting for other people's replies. Also, why is a Scum Vig unfair when we also have the Kevorkian Doc as opposed to Town having both of them? The latter definitely favors Town; 1 protect that can be switched to a kill along with an additonal vig and Scum only gets a voteblocker and a tracker? If Scum have a 3rd role like a rolecop, Town should obviously have a 3rd role to counterbalance it and we haven't seen an additional claim yet. And the thing is that if Serp was Scum, it's not certain they expected a case to arise on him so soon. So perhaps Scum just decided to off who they thought were the most perceptive people in the game and possibly take Serp as a loss. Even if Scum Serp was lynched in Day 3, they have 2 people left who could reasonably still win the game.

UK: Roleclaim please for completeness' sake.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #657 on: September 28, 2009, 05:51:47 PM »
UK: Roleclaim please for completeness' sake.

Sorry, Vanilla. (Meant to add that in but got lost in thought as I was posting)

Edible

« Reply #658 on: September 28, 2009, 06:01:50 PM »
Vote Count: Probably Unnecessary Edition
Nietz (1): Serpentarius
Serpentarius (1): Sodium
Roukanken (1): UncertainKitten
Kiro (1): Nietz

Not voting: Everyone else

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.  You have some completely ridiculous amount of time remaining.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #659 on: September 28, 2009, 07:02:21 PM »
Rou: I'd like your opinion on Affinity. If you don't think Serp is Scum and you say you're not Scum, what do you think of Affinity?
Affinity, like Sodium, is bad for immediately jumping to the assumption that Serp is scum and needs to be lynched. The reasoning for this is that unless Serp is scum (which I still hold is unlikely), he's the only player who can potentially prevent lylo in the event of a mislynch. If they lynch him today there's no risk of him hitting one of their own tonight and ruining their victory.

You've even had a chance to respond to Serp and I see your stance there, but then, who else is Scum?
As bad as this is going to sound...I'm really not that certain about you, Kiro. In particular, I find it hard to believe you'd so willingly accept that Serp was scum when the hits make so little sense. You still haven't answered my question - why would scum want to off Kilga and Zakeri in the same night?

Also, why is a Scum Vig unfair when we also have the Kevorkian Doc as opposed to Town having both of them?
We're assuming that scum doesn't have something like Godfather. Personally I don't see the Kevorkian Doc as that much of a vig - one hit at the cost of all future protects is a big ask. Also, given that the MotK mainstay of the cop doesn't seem to be present, it only makes sense Edible would give us something else in its place.

And the thing is that if Serp was Scum, it's not certain they expected a case to arise on him so soon. So perhaps Scum just decided to off who they thought were the most perceptive people in the game and possibly take Serp as a loss.
I find this hard to believe. If Serp is a Hitman, they'd hold onto him for as long as possible, and I don't see why they'd panic so much over him when he got all of two votes on D2. :/