Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone  (Read 199830 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes - hats for everyone
« Reply #930 on: August 14, 2019, 03:24:55 AM »
I rolled on the draconic aura banner and got a flying Olivia with my free roll. Not bad.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #931 on: August 15, 2019, 04:53:56 AM »
Oh, brave heroes are coming tomorrow night's reset. That came quicker than expected.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #932 on: August 15, 2019, 02:49:09 PM »
I'm finishing up my preparations for my new queen. Gonna have about 1200 orbs when she goes live, and there'll probably be another 200+ that I'll be able to round up before the banner ends. Best case scenario I'm looking for 10 extra Brave Camillas and a Brave Miciah. That's definitely a stretch, but it's not impossible. And if I can't quite get her to +10 and need to finish her later then that's fine too.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #933 on: August 16, 2019, 09:13:26 AM »
Alright, here are my pull results:

Starting orbs: 1206
1167-Loki (duplicate)
969-Selkie (duplicate)
966-Llewyn (duplicate)
957-Shiro (duplicate)
948-Brave Eliwood
926-Brave Miciah
839-Brave Veronica (duplicate)
798-Brave Camilla (+HP - SPD)
740-Hardin (duplicate)
698-Brave Alm
647-Flying Nino
617-Brave Camilla (+RES - ATK)
607-Brave Camilla (+DEF - ATK)
594-Brave Camilla (+DEF - ATK)
529-Adrift FCorrin (duplicate)
451-Brady
472-Brave Veronica (duplicate)
376-Knight Exalt Chrom (duplicate)
317-Brave Camilla (+HP - ATK)
293-Claude (duplicate)
283-Velouria
208-Brave Miciah (duplicate)
96-Brave Camilla (+DEF - ATK)

Six duplicate Brave Camillas total. That's about what I was expecting, maybe a little on the low end, but I've got a decent pity rate right now and plenty of time to do more pulls. Ending this banner at +8 would be nice. I'll do more analysis of this later.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #934 on: August 16, 2019, 03:15:50 PM »
I think the average on this banner was 150 orbs per Camilla, so not horrible? Feels kinda on the low end, but not bad! Hope you get more. 4 hero banners tend to be harder to pull on, so waiting may also not be bad.

I'm intrigued by Threaten atk/spd 3. I feel like the purposes I want to use them for (maybe Fallen Corrin?), Atk Smoke would be better. In fact, that's a tier 4 skill that'll probably be released soon, Atk/Spd smoke, I should hold orbs for that, what was I thinking.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #935 on: August 17, 2019, 04:53:37 PM »
I know the correct thing for me to do would have been to wait for her to be on a legendary banner, but I've already been waiting forever so that simply was not an option. I didn't expect to get her all the way to +10 right away, so I'm happy to finish her later.

I've been experimenting with different sets for her and haven't really found a special for her that feels quite right. Right now I have a Live to Serve seal on her and my preferred healer special is usually Heavenly Light, but since QueenCam is constantly damaging herself Heavenly Light kind of counteracts Live to Serve's ability to heal her back up. It'll definitely be worth it in some situations like abyss maps where my whole team is constantly being pummeled hard, but in situations like chain challenges and presumably tempest trials it kind of feels like a waste of potential self-healing. I'm not really a big fan of balm skills since it's hard to time getting them off exactly when they matter, but maybe that would be better. Or maybe I should just go uncreative and give her Miracle. It seems like a nonbo with Atk/Spd Push but it really isn't since she can't damage herself to exactly 1 HP with it. Also not sure if Martyr would be better than Restore, I'll have to try it instead at some point.

Okay, so let's take a look at those pull results.

-Total orbs spend=1206
-Total 5*s pulled=23
-Total Brave Camillas pulled=6
-Orbs per 5*=52.4
-Orbs per Camilla=201
-Longest gap between Camillas=408 (to get to the first one)
-Shortest gap between Camillas=10

201 orbs per Camilla is definitely bad, but I was actively pulling all green orbs at the beginning to guarantee that I got at least one Miciah to inherit her Atk/Res Bond onto Adrift Camilla, so I'm sure I threw off my results that way. And I feel like 52 orbs per 5* is way above the curve, even if a lot of them were characters I didn't necessarily want or need? Definitely not bad results overall. Could have been better, but not bad.

It's also kind of lame that all of my Brave Camillas have horrible natures, but at least I've got the guaranteed neutral one. I'd probably prefer +ATK/-DEF or +SPD/-DEF but neutral is fine.

Edit: Oh sweet, next wheel had a seventh copy on it! This one is +HP/-DEF which I guess is my best nature so far. I pretty much never want her taking physical hits and this gives her the opportunity to potentially take even more Push hits. I'll probably use this one.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 12:12:11 AM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #936 on: August 18, 2019, 08:24:54 AM »
I don't think it would actually change the number of Push damage you can receive before going below 25%, 6 attacks, I think? Might as well use the neutral one. Also, judging by your mentioning of banes, maybe you aren't aware of the change? The first merge completely removes a unit's bane, so you don't have to worry about those for merged units (they still exist on non-merged units).

On a seperate note, I finally got a switch and 3 Houses. I have a lot I want to say about it but I need to play it a bit more to get my teeth sunker in it.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #937 on: August 18, 2019, 02:25:11 PM »
Oh riiiight, I forgot about that change. I remembered that it works with +1 units therefore first merge equals important now, but my brain didn't connect that dots that it also applies past that for some reason.  :derp:

I'll definitely be curious what you think. There are things about Three Houses that I really don't like but I feel like the game manages them well enough in various ways that none of them are huge problems. I am still finding it to be incredibly slow though. It picks up speed gradually as it goes on and presumably at some point he pacing will even out, but it's not easy for me to just sit down and blast through a ton of content.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #938 on: August 18, 2019, 06:33:00 PM »
The game is wildly different from any Fire Emblem thus far, but there's alot that makes me think they were very conscious about learning their lessons from Fates, which is very good! The lore and writing are vastly improved, and the supports also incorporate something I've been wanting, which is that not everyone can A support. It's a much more natural exploration of the characters than assuming anyone can marry anyone, I hated that. That's one of those things that Fates took and continued from Awakening, that marriage simulator aspect.

Fates continued on the popular parts of Awakening (marriage simulator, baby optimizing) while strengthening the weaker parts (fixing the broken gameplay and poor ai/map design). 3 Houses on the other hand seems to have ignored both in favor of what modern Fire Emblem has become, by really, and I mean really, expanding on the social/customizing aspect of the game. I don't know that the customizing system is more indepth (or intuitive) than Fates and Awakening's, but it feels nicer. I didn't like having to remember what classes each character could reclass into and what skills I was trying to pick up, and having that all in one location for all the characters is so much easier for me to manage. Also it reinforces the social aspect of the game, since it feels like you, the player, through the avatar, are guiding the characters along their education.

If Fates was an evolution of Awakening, then 3 Houses feels like an evolution of SoV. Which would make sense, both Fates and 3 Houses use the same base engine of their predecessors. But not just how the engine feels, but how they manage themselves too. The actual battling portion of 3 Houses' gameplay is really... not there. It's just sort of a playground to see how your units are progressing skill and ability-wise. The real focus of the game is in the storytelling, kind of like SoV was, though unlike SoV alot of what you do outside affects how well you perform in the battles, so it's less a flaw and more of a design choice to focus on other things I guess. It's alright, and maybe it "gets better", but I also completely understand if it doesn't. I cannot imagine, nor would I want to, having Conquest-style maps in this game. Although, there are some small things from Fates I do miss like how fluid the controls felt or the pair-ups (even if only to make transporting units easier. Kind of surprised they took this mechanic out, honestly, although there's that attendant? mechanic I haven't tried yet). The one thing that fills me with dread about this game is it's so darn long! I know there's a timeskip and I feel like I'm not even a quarter of the way through the pre-timeskip. Thank god I chose normal difficulty, that was a correct decision. I don't know if I'd call the pacing slow like you did (even if it does take its good old time), but I can easily see myself sitting here 80 hours later and not even finishing my first playthrough out of three. This would be less of an issue for me (I actually didn't super mind SoV's gameplay), but it's daunting when I'm limited on time now out of school.

One final thing I'd like to say, and there are tons of tiny comment's both good and bad I'd like to make, but the one I felt like needing to say, was how unconvincing Byleth's competency is in the opening of the game. The only thing he does is almost get killed trying to save Edelgard (who probably could easily have defended herself if the cutscene didn't confiscate her axe for some reason). Like isn't he supposed to be a mercenary his whole life, really strong? The first thing we see him do is almost die from something silly. Sure, time-shenanigans means that what the students saw was him fending off the bandit, but it doesn't convince me, the audience, that he's at all as impressive as everyone seems to be. That was a big disconnect the first couple of hours.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #939 on: August 18, 2019, 07:35:35 PM »
I'm like fifteen or twenty hours in and the battles are, frankly, boring. They're not Echoes boring, but they're pretty lifeless. There have been a few exceptions that have my hopes up that later areas will be more intense and I'm told the endgame is brutal, but in a post-Fates world I kind of want a crazy scenario every single map and not just "the same map you've seen already with basically the same enemies but they're two levels higher".

The character customization stuff is a part of Fire Emblem that I've historically not cared for. I don't want every character to have every class, it makes them feel way less distinct from each other. And while it's arguably a bigger part of this game than ever before, it feels better here. I still don't prefer it, and the lack of weapon triangle and fast-and-loose equipment rules aren't doing it any favors in the department of mechanical distinctiveness. Buuut since the themes of the game revolve around training the characters and the cast is pretty small it works alright. I would love to see a Fire Emblem in the future where classes actually feel like they matter again, but this is a step in an interesting direction.

I can't help but feel like either I'm missing something with the life sim stuff or it's paced just a little off. The number of available activities seems to be consistently lagging behind the number of action points I have and I'm always struggling to find something productive to do with my last few points. Faculty training never feels like a good use of my time so when I end up having to do a bunch of it I kind of wish there were more actions available.

I could ramble on some more about how ass-ugly the backgrounds and scenery are, but that would make it seem like I like the game less than I do. I've been having fun with it and I look forward to playing more. There are a lot of things I don't love, but that's every Fire Emblem. And there's nothing I really hate so far. I'm curious to see how a lunatic playthrough shakes things up, but at the same time I'm kind of dreading having to slog through all of those identical early maps with lunatic enemies. We'll see.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #940 on: August 19, 2019, 04:30:49 AM »
Brave heroes came out and Alm came within 20 rolls. I went with Micaiah for the free one because Tellius, and she has a ghost Yune with her. A+

I have 3 houses but I want to finish Persona 5 first.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #941 on: August 19, 2019, 05:59:24 AM »
I'll probably end up saving the free pull until way later like usual. Stil have my CYL2 free summon, but then again CYL2 was kinda meh. Didn't know persona was on the switch, thought it was on ps4 and stuff. Don't know that I'll get it, but I'll have to tuck that information away for later. Much later, by how big 3 Houses seems to be. I'm going to estimate like a month per route, hope I'm not underestimating.

(I wonder if I should move 3 houses talk to its own topic. Don't want to inadverdantly spoil people, even if I am being careful)

Ooh, I suspect I'll eventually tire of them too, but monster battles are kinda neat. I like having actual mini-objectives per enemy to optimize, like I'm actually using some strategy or something. And it's finally something that's pushing me to use the battalion mechanic, that's good, really was not using them before.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #942 on: August 20, 2019, 01:10:31 AM »
Yeah, maybe making a separate topic might be good. There could be people playing it who don't browse this thread.

If you don't have a strong opinion on which Choose Your Legend to choose then I think Alm is a pretty safe choice. He seems like the best one on paper.

Having played with QueenCam quite a bit, I'm not sure I have her built right. She has absolutely disgusting speed and attack and can nuke basically anything in the game into the ground even without a meaningful special, but she's very awkward to move around. I'm used to all of my units having Flier Formation and Reposition and she has neither. The only one she CAN get is Flier Formation which would help a lot, but my options are either to put it in her B slot and completely ruin her DPS or use the extremely premium Flier Formation seal on her and leave her without any self-healing. I guess Martyr+ may be required after all. It's not like I can't spare the feathers to get another Flier Formation for Adrift Camilla (the current holder of my Flier Formation seal) and Martyr+ since I have no major projects right now.

Edit: Oh daaang Brave Cam merge number eight came home as well just 40-ish orbs after the last one. Getting close! +10 before the banner is over is a possibility.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 02:08:56 AM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #943 on: August 21, 2019, 05:38:05 AM »
I save my free summons for skill inheritence since I don't use one-of heroes anymore unless I plan to go +10 on them sometime over the entire lifetime of the game. Alm wouldn't be one of them.

Doesn't seem like you can have everything with her, if you want to keep Restore+. Perhaps if you built a more defensive oriented Cam emblem team, you wouldn't miss the extra movement stuff as much? Having a healing special would seem to be more meaningful in those sorts of teams than an offensive oriented one. Otherwise you could just run like Renewal seal + Reposition or something.

Picked up a Hilda today, I've been wanting to get her. I feel like I wouldn't be as interested in her if she wasn't being so hard to get in the Black Eagle path
Spoiler:
which I believe isn't impossible..... I had to look it up, nothing else though
. Too bad her weapon seems really awkward to use.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #944 on: August 24, 2019, 04:55:11 PM »

My queen achieved!

I've been suuuper lucky with this banner since my first huge pull. Literally dropped nothing but Brave Camilla duplicates since then, and not very far apart either~

Well, I guess now I can start stockpiling orbs to finally get another copy of Adrift Camilla (and preferably more). I only have one still and it has a horrible nature so any extra copy would be a huge boost.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #945 on: August 25, 2019, 09:08:46 PM »
Picked up a Hilda today, I've been wanting to get her. I feel like I wouldn't be as interested in her if she wasn't being so hard to get in the Black Eagle path
Spoiler:
which I believe isn't impossible..... I had to look it up, nothing else though
. Too bad her weapon seems really awkward to use.

Spoiler:
Hilda cannot be recruited at all if siding with Edelgard, and can only be recruited if you lock yourself into the Church route [Either during Month 11 if you refuse to go to the Capital; or Month 12 if you side with Rhea during Month 11]. Even then, her recruitment requirements are apparently the highest in the game, with a combination of Charm [It effects all students a little but it's Hilda's specific favored stat; the files benchmark it at 30; but this lowers as other requirements are met and surpassed]; Axes and Support.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 09:11:24 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #946 on: August 26, 2019, 06:19:12 AM »
Spoiler:
Hilda cannot be recruited at all if siding with Edelgard, and can only be recruited if you lock yourself into the Church route [Either during Month 11 if you refuse to go to the Capital; or Month 12 if you side with Rhea during Month 11]. Even then, her recruitment requirements are apparently the highest in the game, with a combination of Charm [It effects all students a little but it's Hilda's specific favored stat; the files benchmark it at 30; but this lowers as other requirements are met and surpassed]; Axes and Support.

Spoiler:
Yeah, figured that out after looking it up but stuck with the Edelguard path anyway since that was my intention. She must be the dev favourite. Man, each path has diverging branches?! I said to myself when the choice came up. This is going to take forever.

I think I just finished the first path of 3 Houses. I have lots of stuff to say but it's late so I'll say it tomorrow in a new thread, don't need to derail this one.

Congrats ccool, that's pretty awesome. I should go for a +10 5 star exclusive sometime but I always lose interest by like +6 since it's not that much more of an improvement.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #947 on: September 05, 2019, 06:55:44 PM »
The first wave brave hero refines are pretty incredible. I wonder how often arena scoring will let me get away with running triple cheerleaders with Marth, MCorrin AND Brave Lucina..?

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #948 on: September 06, 2019, 03:17:58 PM »
BLyn's refine wasn't the least exciting, but BIke's refine looks extremely fun. Forced desperation was a skill idea I've been hoping for some other characters, but it's cool to see it actually happen. Makes DC viable too. If Sigurd ever gets a refine, I hope it's something similar.

Hero's Quest rewards are really generous. I wish of course that they would happen regularly, but can't ask for too much I suppose. I've been wanting Ninian merges since forever but couldn't ever get around to it.

Dancing Reinhardt lmfao

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #949 on: September 20, 2019, 03:18:36 PM »
I think this might finally be the week I make it to tier 21 in Aether Raids. The stars aligned on Brave Camilla being a bonus unit during a light blessing season, I haven't lost a single point on defense so far this week, and the double offense mechanic reduces variance so as long as nothing goes terribly wrong I think I should make it with points to spare. I've gotten close before, but never quite squeaked it out. I have a gold throne from week one when people didn't have Aether Raids figured out yet and I want to use it!

Edit: Wow, I leapfrogged right past tier 21 of Aether Raids and into tier 22. Ten defense wins in a row, with my only loss being the first match of the season when I had forgotten to change my defense structures and didn't have a bonus structure set up. I used to get like one win a week, I don't know what happened, but I guess Brave Camilla broke the game or something.

Like 50% of my defense wins were people brazenly plopping a Fallen Corrin or something down in front of my team and just expecting them to survive, which they never ever do. Half the time they just immediately scoop at the beginning of their second turn. I'll take it, I guess...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 08:55:11 PM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #950 on: September 24, 2019, 07:24:40 AM »

Mmm, beautiful. My first 5 star exclusive max merge unit. I wish she could inherit Spectral Breath to have more builds to play with, because this is like her best one with no competition.

Fallen Corrin is monstrous, but not tank-everything monstrous. Still incredible though. I don't know which dragon I'm going for next. Either her or FGrima or Sothis or Ninian. That's a lot, oh boy. But I'm left with actually 0 orbs left, no chain challenges or squad assaults or anything.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 07:28:48 AM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #951 on: September 24, 2019, 12:07:26 PM »
Oooh, neat! I still haven't picked up a single Myrrh somehow. Not that I ever tried, just kind of surprised I've never stumbled across her. I like her, I use her from my friend list a lot in grand conquests, but I don't own any of her forms.

Sothis is preeeetty stupid so she might be a good choice for your next project, but FGrima seems like she pops up on mythic hero banners an awful lot so she might be easier to get a bunch of copies of. I also don't own any of her now that I think about it, which is weird because she feels so ubiquitous.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #952 on: September 24, 2019, 03:15:13 PM »
I'll probably go for a copy at least of Sothis mostly for her not being weak to Falchions and Nagas. I don't want to go deep into her yet since I still need to play 3H to find out about her and I already have a +10 ATiki for the red slot atm. I like FGrima a lot but I only use her to transport units around with Guidance and Goad them up. She needs a refine of some kind. Might wait for a nice Fallen Corrin + FGrima legendary banner or something.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #953 on: September 27, 2019, 03:32:47 AM »
I've seen a lot of buzz around Garon lately, I think he's considered pretty good now, although I'm not sure what his builds are. Or if your grails are earmarked for something else.

Meanwhile, dear lord, Camilla Emblem is up to 16 consecutive wins in Aether Raids. I found out in today's replay that Brave Ike can't tank even one round from Adrift Camilla, or at least standard builds can't. My Adrift Camilla is extremely suboptimal, she's +0 with a -ATK nature, and it took me quite a lot to get even that one copy of her. If I'm not mistaken she hasn't reappeared even once since she came out last year, or if she has then it was one legendary or mythic banner max. Right now she's the main thing I'm saving up for, I'd love to get her out of -ATK hell. Not that she necessarily *needs* more attack, as long as she's adjacent to literally any other Camilla she has an absolute minimum of 71 effective attack, usually much much more, but you never know...  :D

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #954 on: September 28, 2019, 04:06:42 PM »
I think he's always been well regarded for his negating dragon effectiveness and having really balanced bulk. It's a shame his weapon doesn't do a whole lot besides negating weakness, and there's still his awful speed to have to consider. It would take like a DC to build, which I don't really feel like giving him when Sothis is a thing I could try go for. My grails will have to wait for something else.

How many merges far are you on your Cam collection? I know you +10'd vanilla, bath and brave.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #955 on: September 28, 2019, 11:04:01 PM »
I have three +10 vanilla Camillas, New Years is +3, Adrift is +0, Summer is +5, and Spring is +1 (and remains obnoxiously hard to get merges for because she's never the only green unit on any banner). Right now my goal is to get a handful of merges onto Adrift next time she pops up and then start saving to try to +10 Summer.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #956 on: September 28, 2019, 11:49:19 PM »
Wow getting 150k on Claude was pretty difficult. Being a bow meant the usual Whitewing whomping was out the window. I had to spend a bunch of feathers to get a Panne and 2 Reysons up, as well as give a Ridersbane to my only cav, Finn, on top of getting them guard, Astra, breath of life, and what not. Was the accessory worth it? I do wish they were translucent, that would make it look a lot better imo. Could make like a black rock shooter out of someone.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #957 on: September 29, 2019, 02:15:25 AM »
I've been having a hell of a time with the Rokkr scoring, my units just aren't built to do that. But that's a good thing, it's been causing me to raise up a ton of different units to handle the different battles. I've asceneded so many Titanias for Guard.. Having something so use my feathers on is nice. This makes Rokkr sieges even more of a fun puzzle, I think it was a smart move.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #958 on: September 29, 2019, 05:17:43 PM »
Out of boredom I completed all the multimap stuffs, chain challenges, squad assault, blessed gardens. I've finished almost all the available content then, just a couple abyssals I missed. I suppose all that's left is getting to Tier 21 at some point in some far off future.

I've decided to try focus for FFCorrin, Ninian(?), and FGrima. Rather unfocused for focusing, but that's the plan. FFCorrin is the only dragon I can expect to reliably player phase with, and in particular handles LJulia, so she's a must.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #959 on: September 29, 2019, 08:32:01 PM »
I apparently somehow missed a day of the second wave of Rokkrs so I missed their accessories and most of the other rewards. Don't know how that happened, I thought I knew when they ended, but I guess not. I assume those accessories will be back eventually.

Have you figured out a good strategy for Rokkr Claude? I've been trying some kind of Knock Back strategy to trap him in a corner, but I managed to get him trapped by Brave Eliwood who hammered on him nonstop for the entire battle and it was nowhere near enough damage. When he's trapped so he can't attack and therefore my units can't counterattack the damage isn't there, so I have to trap him in a way where he can still attack. That probably means using a mage with a wolf tome, probably FRobin. Unfortunately that strategy won't work on at least some map and I'm not positive there are any it will work on. I need to find kind of a speciifcally shaped cul de sac to stuff him into, and manage to do it quickly and safely which sounds kind of tricky. Right now I have Knock Back on Brave Celica since she can use it multiple times a turn or use it and get away, and she's good at mopping up the waves of regular enemies. No idea if it's going to work, but it's my best idea so far.