Author Topic: Hikikomori Quest - Remaking my Life.  (Read 74589 times)

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
Hikikomori Quest - Remaking my Life.
« on: November 01, 2016, 12:21:14 PM »
>Your name is Daikoku "Daiko" Susumu, a hybrid of human and youkai who quietly spends most of his time locked in his house, located in the village of humans.

>You're a boy with a pretty messy hair, having several strands of black hair on your face. Your eyes did not stand for anything because its a usual black color. The clothes that you have was the so common brown kimono that many villagers used day after day. You aren't that different of the others. You are tall, though.

>However, your inner self shows how different you are from others. You are somebody quite timid, especially because you're not used to dealing with people correctly if we talk about long conversations. Despite this, your sense of help if they have a problem is enormous, even more if you decide to solve it. Many of your friends respected you by your most important feature: intelligence. You're one of the smartest people in the village of humans, something that even the school teacher, someone with so much knowledge, has given you merit.

>So it was in the past. You have locked yourself in your own home, changing your personality in a 180 degrees. You no longer have friends. No longer help people. Nobody's looking for you and you do not want them to. Hell, even you stopped attending classes. Reasons? When you begin to increase your intelligence, likewise you started to gradually see things in a slightly more mature way than others. This led you to see things from your day to day as a nuisance, like talking with people, or laugh because someone tells a joke, so you started getting away from them. Those who claimed to be your "friends" also secretly envied how "perfect" you were, but it was noticeable. Gradually you were becoming what you are now: a hikikomori. The times you leave your house per month can be counted on the fingers of one hand ... and that's if you are not "eating" a book at that time, your favorite hobby.

>It's been many years since the disappearance of your youkai mother, which she was the couple of your father, an ordinary human being who is no longer among you ... but five meters underground.

>Currently you live with Sakura obaa-san, mother of your mother and, of course, your grandmother. Several times, as a tip, which irritates you, she tells that you will not accomplish anything if you keep this up, that you must change. Whenever your dear obaa-san (one of the few people that you tolerate) repeat this words, your brain starts to work... the part that has long been asleep: nostalgia. You think it is impossible to return to the past, change your attitude ... be a happy person ... raise a family ... seem unattainable goals right now. It's hard to guess anything besides that being alone is the best now.

>Speaking of "right now" ... You are sitting on a pillow in the living room of your humble home, reading a book, as always. It seems that your dear obaa-san started to make breakfast, starting to have a well known smell to you: rice with curry.

>_
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Re: Hikikomori Quest - Remaking my Life.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 06:20:01 PM »
>Cry into our pillow.
>Who are our friends? Current and old?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 06:39:34 PM »
>Cry into our pillow.

>Gradually your attention to the book starts to decrease, then start remembering those moments of the past. Tears begin to drop by your eyes and flow down your cheeks. You clean yourself quickly, trying to think of other things.

>Who are our friends? Current and old?

>In the past, almost everyone in the village were friends. Currently, due to not spending time in improving relations and the lack of communication with the outside, the only person who can really say you're his friend is your beloved grandmother. There is also the teacher of the school, although, again, almost never go out, so you could not say exactly that is your friend, because you do not know almost nothing about her.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 06:47:26 PM »
>Retrieve arms from book
>Quests
>Inventory

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 07:28:05 PM »
>Retrieve arms from book

>You should... not r-read...!

>Inventory

>Beyond your clothes and your books, you have a bag that you always carry with you to make your grandmother sporadic favors. That's the only reason why you go outside, by the way. Inside one of the pockets of the bag you always carry a card game. Maybe you expect to play with someone anytime? Who knows ~ ...

>Quests

>You really don't have anything to do-

*Groan*

>No, wait. change that. You are hungry as hell, so you're waiting for dear obaa-san to finish breakfast.

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 08:05:53 PM »
>What book were we reading?
>What kind of Youkai was our mom?
>Do we have any opinions on any of the major players in Gensokyo?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 10:25:31 PM »
>What book were we reading?

>The book cover says "Wrath of the Exiled Vampires". The story goes back many years in the past, in a village. Counts as how a witch, dressed in black and white, with the power of her magic and various weapons, such as silver stakes, holy water, garlic, etc. begins her adventure to stop once and for all her nemesis, the evil and all-powerful queen of the castle adjacent to the town, which has been abducting humans to feed the vampires living there. The priestess of the village church, dressed in white and red, joins the cause of the witch to free his home from the bloody creatures ... maybe she also have an ulterior motive, like becoming better known for the resolution of the incident and more people will donate to the church. Who knows. You still need a lot to finish it.

>What kind of Youkai was our mom?

>You don't remember how your mom is, because she disappeared when you were about one year old. Your grandmother, however, has tried her best in explaining to you about your mother. Apparently, she was a night youkai, more specifically, a Yuki-onna. Her ability was to predict, partially, a future event of someone, even for herself. She wasn't hostile, as some people might think.

>Do we have any opinions on any of the major players in Gensokyo?

>No. You really don't know that much the outskirts of the human village.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 12:20:29 AM by Tashi »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 11:59:11 PM »
>How much do we like the meal being prepared in the other room?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 12:26:11 AM »
>How much do we like the meal being prepared in the other room?

>Rice and curry isn't exactly your favorite meal, but-...

*GROOOAN*

> ... your stomach does not seem to care much about that.

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 01:40:14 AM »
>How old is our grandmother?
>Groan.
>Get up and leave the room to go eat some food.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 01:42:17 AM by the old guy »

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 02:13:07 AM »
>How old is our grandmother?

>You're not too sure about that. You would swear that since you have knowledge, you have never seen any change in her, not even a single one. When you asked for her age, she just changed the subject, giving you a warm smile.

>Get up and leave the room to go eat some food.

>You get up of the pillow, leaving the damn book at last open book in the little table that was in front of you, beginning to make your way to the kitchen.
>The voice of a old lady comes from the kitchen.
>"Daiko-kun, can you come a minute?"

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 04:56:18 AM »
>"Sure thing, obba-san."
>Go into the kitchen.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 06:18:20 AM »
>What does our grandma look like?
>Is she on our mother or our father's side of the family?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 06:42:52 AM »
>"Sure thing, obba-san."

>You answer to the request of your grandmother.

>Go to the kitchen.

>You keep walking, entering to the kitchen.
>She was there, taking care of the food with the delicious aroma.
>"My... It's so strange that you actually came to hear why I called you... Can you do me a favor?
>She asks with her usual smile.

>What does our grandma look like?

>You look at your grandma carefully. It's nothing especial, just a old lady, except for her apparent "eternal life".  She has, unlike you, a blue kimono with some white in it, just like her white hair. Despite their wrinkles and advanced age, it seems to have much energy as ever.

>Is she on our mother or our father's side of the family?

>She's the mother of your mom, so obviously in her side.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 08:09:10 AM »
>So if our mother was a youkai, and our grandmother doesn't seem to age, does that mean our grandmother is a youkai as well?

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 09:30:37 AM »
>"I guess I just feel like doing something new today. What do you need me to do?"
>Do we have any abilities or skills of note?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 02:17:16 PM »
>So if our mother was a youkai, and our grandmother doesn't seem to age, does that mean our grandmother is a youkai as well?

>You think about that and it's quite possible. It's not something you asked to her yet.

>Do we have any abilities or skills of note?

>As far as you know, you didn't experimented anything abnormal yet, so it's a mystery to you.

>"I guess I just feel like doing something new today. What do you need me to do?"

>"Here" Grandma gives you a sheet of paper that seems to have something written.

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 02:50:39 PM »
>Read it !

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2016, 03:54:25 PM »
>[READING INTENSIFIES]

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2016, 04:03:04 PM »
//Sorry for some delay with the replies, my timezone It's four hours late with the one the forum shows .3.

>Read it !

>You start to read the enigmatic piece of paper. Oh boy...
>What was written are requests.
>Buy:
>Rice
>Tomatoes
>Even more rice
>Some bread
>*Add here more things*

>Go to the Hakurei Shrine and donate.

>*Even more things to buy*

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2016, 04:26:39 PM »
>How much muns do we have?
>How many times does "rice" or a variant of "more rice" show up on the list in total?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2016, 04:45:35 PM »
>How much muns do we have?

>You are not rich or anything, but it's not like things will cost too much, so you have the right ... Which makes you wonder: why our dear grandmother wants to donate to a shrine? It would not be a waste of money? It's not like we are the only ones who donate to that shrine... ... right?

>How many times does "rice" or a variant of "more rice" show up on the list in total?

>At least five more times. It seems obaa-san likes to experiment with rice.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2016, 05:10:16 PM »
>Specifically, how much cash do we have on hand?
>If we don't have any where do we keep our money?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 05:28:18 PM »
>Specifically, how much cash do we have on hand?
>If we don't have any where do we keep our money?

>The two of you keep the money in a "secret place"... It's in a false wood floor tile. Elly sneezes somewhere. You are exactly above it, actually.
>"Can you get the money? My back is no longer in their best years to bend that way..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2016, 05:33:27 PM »
>"Oh, sure."
>Remove the tile.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2016, 05:56:49 PM »
>"Oh, sure."
>Remove the tile.

>You squat, thus removing the tile carefully.
>Looks like there isn't so much cash. It seems that only you could buy a little more than half of the items on the list ...
>"My... I'd swear we had something more in store ..." The tone of the voice of your grandma changes from a calm one to a concerned one.

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2016, 07:18:19 PM »
>Uh oh.
>Have we ever been to the Shrine?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2016, 08:33:04 PM »
>Uh oh.

>It's worrying. Your grandma do little works for money, and that's almost every day.
>You always have a considerable amount in store  ... but ... your grandmother hasn't had a chance lately to work ...

>Have we ever been to the Shrine?

>Never. You may need some directions to reach it.

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2016, 08:38:35 PM »
>"Well have to do some cuts to the shopping list... does this also mean we won't donate to this shrine anymore ?"

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2016, 08:58:37 PM »
>"Well have to do some cuts to the shopping list... does this also mean we won't donate to this shrine anymore ?"

>" ... Donate only a small amount, the rest for food. I'm gonna think about something to solve this situation, okay?