Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 5 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 66957 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Sakuya Quest 5 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #540 on: August 16, 2016, 06:31:27 PM »
> Blink.
> "...Do you know where she is?"

>"Oh, not at all," says Yuyuko. "I would have been the last to know at all had Yukari not mentioned something about it, back then."

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #541 on: August 16, 2016, 06:36:26 PM »
> Deflate just a little bit.
> "Ah. Unfortunate."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #542 on: August 16, 2016, 07:05:52 PM »
> Deflate just a little bit.
> "Ah. Unfortunate."

>"If I remember properly," says Yuyuko, "It sounded like she had a hand in it. Something about 'a problem and a half'? Ah, it's been too long."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #543 on: August 16, 2016, 07:10:04 PM »
> "You mean to say Yukari is at least partially responsible for Mistress's vanishing?"
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #544 on: August 16, 2016, 08:58:38 PM »
> "You mean to say Yukari is at least partially responsible for Mistress's vanishing?"

>"She seemed to indicate it was so," says Yuyuko. "Perhaps she was simply careless with her words?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #545 on: August 16, 2016, 09:08:22 PM »
> "It is my understanding that the Mistress's last known words were something about how 'they've forgotten us, out there'. If that means anything to you. It means very little to me, sadly."
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 09:12:43 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #546 on: August 16, 2016, 09:20:09 PM »
> "It is my understanding that the Mistress's last known words were something about how 'they've forgotten us, out there'. If that means anything to you. It means very little to me, sadly."

>"I wouldn't know the faintest," says Yuyuko. "You knew her much better than I, after all."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #547 on: August 16, 2016, 09:31:11 PM »
> Do we know anything about history Remilia has/had with the outside world?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #548 on: August 16, 2016, 09:37:42 PM »
> Do we know anything about history Remilia has/had with the outside world?

>You know she was an aristocrat in the west, though you're not certain if she was actually an aristocrat of any real note. You suspect not, she would have more stories and would tell them frequently if she were.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #549 on: August 17, 2016, 01:06:55 AM »
> "I know little-to-nothing of who 'they out there' might be. Mistress was an aristocrat in the west many moons ago, but there is no reason to think it was those days she was pining for."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #550 on: August 17, 2016, 01:12:47 AM »
> "I know little-to-nothing of who 'they out there' might be. Mistress was an aristocrat in the west many moons ago, but there is no reason to think it was those days she was pining for."

>"She hasn't been seen in Gensokyo at all in a long time, has she?" says Yuyuko. "I assume she's simply elsewhere, then."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #551 on: August 17, 2016, 01:16:40 AM »
>Before I say something, recap on what we (as in Sayuka) know(s) about Avalon/the avalonian town in Gensokyo, how they came to be here if we know anything about that, etc?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #552 on: August 17, 2016, 01:46:00 AM »
>Before I say something, recap on what we (as in Sayuka) know(s) about Avalon/the avalonian town in Gensokyo, how they came to be here if we know anything about that, etc?

>You don't know much about Avalon. It's a name you've heard, but you've never really connected it to anything concrete until today. How they got here is a mystery to you.

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #553 on: August 17, 2016, 02:03:24 AM »
>"If Yukari had a part in it, then she likely did go outside the barrier... perhaps she had meant that the outside world had forgotten about youkai."
>Frown.
>"...the people aren't the only thing that's changed about Gensokyo, though. The barrier is... different. Gensokyo is massive compared to what it used to be... somehow, the avalonians got here, and how that happened is a complete mystery to me. The barrier still isolates Gensokyo from the outside world, doesn't it...? Surely people shouldn't be able to get in or out without either the Hakurei Shrine maiden or very special powers like Yukari had possessed?"

Maybe the visit back to Avalon Town or whatnot (New Glorian) will be slightly more important than just doing the Nue thing, after all... now I'm curious about how the heck they got there. Among other things.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #554 on: August 17, 2016, 02:45:23 AM »
>"If Yukari had a part in it, then she likely did go outside the barrier... perhaps she had meant that the outside world had forgotten about youkai."
>Frown.
>"...the people aren't the only thing that's changed about Gensokyo, though. The barrier is... different. Gensokyo is massive compared to what it used to be... somehow, the avalonians got here, and how that happened is a complete mystery to me. The barrier still isolates Gensokyo from the outside world, doesn't it...? Surely people shouldn't be able to get in or out without either the Hakurei Shrine maiden or very special powers like Yukari had possessed?"

>"Those are some good points," says Yuyuko. "My, you really have taken an interest!"

>_

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #555 on: August 17, 2016, 03:26:35 AM »
>"It does involve my Mistress' strange disappearance...."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #556 on: August 17, 2016, 04:20:33 AM »
>"It does involve my Mistress' strange disappearance...."

>"It could, I imagine," says Yuyuko.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #557 on: August 17, 2016, 09:40:53 PM »
> Frown.
> "Great. Now I have to find someone that knows about the outside world, if not how to travel there myself."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #558 on: August 17, 2016, 10:10:47 PM »
> Frown.
> "Great. Now I have to find someone that knows about the outside world, if not how to travel there myself."

>"Oh, that might be difficult," says Yuyuko. "I don't know if we have any experts anymore, since Sanae passed through here."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #559 on: August 17, 2016, 11:50:28 PM »
>"Perhaps visiting the avalonians will give me some information, or at least a lead."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #560 on: August 17, 2016, 11:52:05 PM »
>"Perhaps visiting the avalonians will give me some information, or at least a lead."

>"I don't think they know much more about the outside world than we do, though," says Yuyuko. "But I imagine it's worth a try."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #561 on: August 17, 2016, 11:54:38 PM »
>"Hrm? They aren't from Gensokyo, so wouldn't they be from the outside world...? Or is the situation different from that?"

Thank goodness Sakuya doesn't know jack about them either, because I wasn't around for Nue Quest >.>

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #562 on: August 18, 2016, 12:16:12 AM »
>"Hrm? They aren't from Gensokyo, so wouldn't they be from the outside world...? Or is the situation different from that?"

>"Oh, it's not outside at all!" says Yuyuko. "Avalon's just next door, like all the other lands that touch Gensokyo."

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #563 on: August 18, 2016, 01:05:01 AM »
>"...huh. I guess them being here isn't nearly as unusual as I thought then. Is there any other lands I should know about besides Avalon and Makai? And Apex... I visited there earlier."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #564 on: August 18, 2016, 01:16:49 AM »
>"...huh. I guess them being here isn't nearly as unusual as I thought then. Is there any other lands I should know about besides Avalon and Makai? And Apex... I visited there earlier."

>"Oh, probably," says Yuyuko. "There's a bunch of them out there."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #565 on: August 18, 2016, 09:20:38 PM »
> "I'll just have to find them for myself, then, I suppose. Regardless, farewell."
> Exit the room and retrace our steps to get back to the entrance to this place.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #566 on: August 18, 2016, 09:27:31 PM »
> "I'll just have to find them for myself, then, I suppose. Regardless, farewell."
> Exit the room and retrace our steps to get back to the entrance to this place.

>"Have a lovely day!" says Yuyuko as you depart.
>You make your way through the halls without any difficulty. If the ghosts swirling through them don't pay you any mind. You do notice that Midge is trying to follow you, ducking from room to room in what no doubt passes as stealth in her young mind.
>You reach the front gates easily enough, and find the stairs leading back to Gensokyo without any problems. Midge is half-hiding behind a tree near the doors to the palace itself, watching you with open suspicion.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #567 on: August 18, 2016, 09:30:10 PM »
> Smile and wave to Midge.
> "Farewell. I wish you luck in your defense of this land for many years to come."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #568 on: August 18, 2016, 09:52:57 PM »
> Smile and wave to Midge.
> "Farewell. I wish you luck in your defense of this land for many years to come."

>"If you stole something I'll find you!" she cries. "And see if I don't!"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #569 on: August 18, 2016, 09:57:41 PM »
> "You are welcome to search me if you wish."