Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 5 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 65450 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Sakuya Quest 5 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2016, 04:18:41 AM »
> "Regardless, my original question remains. Do you have more pieces from the Scarlet Devil Mansion?"

>"None that we can prove, no," says the youkai. "Anything that would have come from there has changed hands quite a few times, and it's difficult to prove anything."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2016, 11:12:18 AM »
> "Is there anything you are at least speculating came from there?"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2016, 02:25:57 PM »
> "Is there anything you are at least speculating came from there?"

>"We have a few things, yes," says the youkai. "Nothing we can really confirm, of course."

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2016, 02:28:43 PM »
> "I could take a look at them and tell you what I know, if you like. For however much you trust my word, anyway."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2016, 02:51:15 PM »
> "I could take a look at them and tell you what I know, if you like. For however much you trust my word, anyway."

>"I suppose it wouldn't hurt," says the youkai. "Are there any kinds of exhibits you are personally interested in?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2016, 03:08:47 PM »
> "Hmm. Perhaps smaller objects rather than larger ones?"
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2016, 04:19:33 PM »
> "Hmm. Perhaps smaller objects rather than larger ones?"

>She nods. "I may know just the thing, this way."
>The youkai. makes her way toward the southeastern hall.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2016, 04:23:46 PM »
> "Thank you. Oh, and if you have any pocket watches, particularly ones theorized to be from my home, I would be especially interested in those."
> Follow!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 04:47:14 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2016, 04:48:09 PM »
> "Thank you. Oh, and if you have any pocket watches, particularly ones theorized to be fun my home, I would be especially interested in those."
> Follow!

>"Nothing like that," says the youkai. "We do have a couple of clocks, if you're interested. One of them even belonged to Maname Hearn!"
>She learns you through the doors and into the southeastern hall. Here, rather than artifacts, you see animals on display. Life-like statues to be precise, you are not certain if they are works of taxidermy or convincing fakes. You pick out a tiger quickly, on central display. Elsewhere are various birds you cannot recognize at a glance, smaller furry things and scaly things. A couple of humanoid things stand in one of the corners, some dressed and others too bestial to need such. The youkai leads you toward a display along the left wall, which is filled with rocks.
>"This is where we keep our natural specimens," says the youkai, adjusting the washbin on her head with a hand. "Things from all over Gensokyo and beyond! But of interest you you is here, I think."
>Looking at the rocks, you can see many of the bear strange marks; a closer look reveals they are imprints of...bones, footprints; one even has what seems to be some kind of animal eye and mouth. The youkai leads you toward a particular one, set in its own casing, and gestures toward it. It seems to be an immense claw, large as any of your knives, partially encased in stone. A small plaque presumably has details on it. "We are reasonably certain this was a possession of Scarlet Devil Mansion," the youkai says. "Or at least one of its residents."
>It does not look familiar at all.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2016, 04:50:15 PM »
> Check out the plaque.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2016, 04:55:42 PM »
> Check out the plaque.

>"Talon of an Ancient Dragon," the plaque reads. "Its immense size suggests the dragon was of no minor significant in the celestial hierarchy. It is uncertain how such a creature could have met its end, but the wear on the claw suggests that it lead a violent life. It is suspects that it may have fought, and perhaps fallen to, oni in the distant past. Thus far, no oni has claimed knowledge of this, but concede it is plausible."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2016, 05:05:27 PM »
> If such a thing came into Remilia's possession, what would she likely do with it?
> If such a thing came into Patchouli's possession, what would she likely do with it?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2016, 05:46:50 PM »
> If such a thing came into Remilia's possession, what would she likely do with it?
> If such a thing came into Patchouli's possession, what would she likely do with it?

>It would definitely take a central place in Mistress' Gallery. She might even have invited Hatate to take pictures of it.
>You have no idea, but you imagine she would at least tell Remilia, who would certainly tell you. You can't imagine she would have it in secret.

>_

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2016, 05:59:12 PM »
>"Hmm... i don`t remember this being part of the Mansion`s gallery... nor can i imagine one of our residents keeping it in secret, Miss Patchouli would almost certainly tell the Mistress about it, and the Mistress herself would put this piece on a special spot for every visitor to see."

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2016, 06:12:27 PM »
> Look sympathetic.
> "My apologies."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2016, 06:42:09 PM »
>"Hmm... i don`t remember this being part of the Mansion`s gallery... nor can i imagine one of our residents keeping it in secret, Miss Patchouli would almost certainly tell the Mistress about it, and the Mistress herself would put this piece on a special spot for every visitor to see."

> Look sympathetic.
> "My apologies."

>"Perhaps so," says the youkai, her tone noncommmital.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2016, 06:50:18 PM »
> "How did you come into possession of it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2016, 07:45:44 PM »
> "How did you come into possession of it?"

>"It was donated by the Usami family a couple centuries ago, I think," the youkai says, frowning thoughtfully. "They claimed to have bought it from the Scarlet Family."

>_

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2016, 07:54:35 PM »
>Maribel and Renko had conducted a raid on the mansion using fairies and good coordination and planning correct ? Did they take any kind of loot ? And if so how much ?
>"Huh, Maribel and Renko came a long way with their legacy, i wonder if those two would be proud of it."

//This piece could have been acquired by Patchouli after we vanished, and she might have sold it to them in order to pay for the needs of the residence, just a possibility though.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2016, 08:00:05 PM »
>Maribel and Renko had conducted a raid on the mansion using fairies and good coordination and planning correct ? Did they take any kind of loot ? And if so how much ?
>"Huh, Maribel and Renko came a long way with their legacy, i wonder if those two would be proud of it."

>They did not.
>"Who can say?" says the curator.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2016, 08:09:06 PM »
> "Well, the history of the Usami clan and my home aside, I suspect the Usami clan would not be full of liars, particularly if one of their own is the current Hakurei shrine maiden. It is quite possible that my home came into this object after I disappeared."
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:14:14 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2016, 08:39:39 PM »
> "Well, the history of the Usami clan and my home aside, I suspect the Usami clan would not be full of liars, particularly if one of their own is the current Hakurei shrine maiden. It is quite possible that my home came into this object after I disappeared."

>"I imagine so," says the youkai, "That would make sense."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2016, 09:04:30 PM »
> "Is there anything else you are unsure of? I disappeared almost a millennium ago, so I suppose I could not verify anything that arrived at our home after that, but anything that was there before that, such as that statue, I could confirm for you, at least."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2016, 02:16:15 AM »
> "Is there anything else you are unsure of? I disappeared almost a millennium ago, so I suppose I could not verify anything that arrived at our home after that, but anything that was there before that, such as that statue, I could confirm for you, at least."

>"Hm," says the youkai. "There is a gauntlet in the western gallery"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2016, 02:27:30 AM »
> "I would be glad to take a look."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2016, 06:20:27 AM »
> "I would be glad to take a look."

>She nods, and leads you out of the southwestern hall. "There are other pieces that may potentially have hailed from there, I suppose, but this could be said of any sufficiently aged item whose past is not known with enough detail."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2016, 02:24:39 PM »
> "I suppose that is true."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2016, 01:16:14 AM »
> "I suppose that is true."

>"It's a poorly understood era," says the youkai, as you return back to the central gallery. "It was quite a secretive place,"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2016, 01:26:36 AM »
> Chuckle a bit.
> "We were that bad, huh?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2016, 01:38:28 AM »
>"And that was back when the Child of Miare was still recording everything in the Gensokyo Chronicles... would you happen to know roughly when they disappeared, or just what happened to them in general?"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore