Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 4 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 65254 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Sakuya Quest 4 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #930 on: July 19, 2016, 02:18:17 AM »
> "Ah. Well, yes, the Mistress was quite real."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #931 on: July 19, 2016, 02:29:22 AM »
>"Well, i should say she is real, since she still lives from what i have heard...."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #932 on: July 19, 2016, 02:46:12 AM »
>"...but even I haven't the slightest idea as to where she may be."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #933 on: July 19, 2016, 02:59:53 AM »
> "Ah. Well, yes, the Mistress was quite real."

>"Fascinating," says Juza.

>"Well, i should say she is real, since she still lives from what i have heard...."

>"...but even I haven't the slightest idea as to where she may be."

>Juza nods.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #934 on: July 19, 2016, 03:03:32 AM »
> "Mmm, I don't suppose your records had anything to say about her whereabouts?"

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #935 on: July 19, 2016, 03:09:40 AM »
> "Mmm, I don't suppose your records had anything to say about her whereabouts?"

>"My records didn't make it clear that she was real at all," says Juza.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #936 on: July 19, 2016, 03:21:28 AM »
> "Ah. Mmm. I suppose that makes sense, from your original question. Regardless, as I said, my goal is to return to my proper time. I already have secured a theoretical method and two-thirds of the...'ingredients', shall we say, necessary to make it work, so it is my hope that it will not be too long before I succeed. With that being said, my offer to you, should it be possible, is to come with me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #937 on: July 19, 2016, 03:23:32 AM »
> "Ah. Mmm. I suppose that makes sense, from your original question. Regardless, as I said, my goal is to return to my proper time. I already have secured a theoretical method and two-thirds of the...'ingredients', shall we say, necessary to make it work, so it is my hope that it will not be too long before I succeed. With that being said, my offer to you, should it be possible, is to come with me."

>"What?" she says, her voice growing sharper.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #938 on: July 19, 2016, 03:31:42 AM »
> "Only if you wish it, of course. Please do not mistake my intentions. I find you quite interesting, both your demeanor and your talent. I feel it would be a shame for our only encounter to be what it was, before I whisked myself back to my own time for us to never meet again."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #939 on: July 19, 2016, 03:47:32 AM »
> "Only if you wish it, of course. Please do not mistake my intentions. I find you quite interesting, both your demeanor and your talent. I feel it would be a shame for our only encounter to be what it was, before I whisked myself back to my own time for us to never meet again."

>"Why?" she says; some of the sharpness bleeding from her voice.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #940 on: July 19, 2016, 03:52:50 AM »
> "Hmm? What do you mean, 'why'? I just told you. If it does not suit you, then that will be that. I certainly won't hold it against you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #941 on: July 19, 2016, 04:00:14 AM »
> "Hmm? What do you mean, 'why'? I just told you. If it does not suit you, then that will be that. I certainly won't hold it against you."

>"No, I mean why are you offering this?" says Juza. "This isn't something a person just does at random."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #942 on: July 19, 2016, 04:09:31 AM »
> "Well, for me, I am sure you can understand the benefit of introducing a skilled warrior with knowledge of the future to an already-powerful household. As for you, I admit I am making some optimistic assumptions here, and obviously I do not have much knowledge of your life here, but unless things have changed drastically in the past near-thousand years, it is my experience that leaders referred to as 'The Warlord' do not rise to power through benevolence."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #943 on: July 19, 2016, 01:58:56 PM »
> "Well, for me, I am sure you can understand the benefit of introducing a skilled warrior with knowledge of the future to an already-powerful household. As for you, I admit I am making some optimistic assumptions here, and obviously I do not have much knowledge of your life here, but unless things have changed drastically in the past near-thousand years, it is my experience that leaders referred to as 'The Warlord' do not rise to power through benevolence."

>"Are you seriously expecting me to simply betray Lord Teru?" says Juza.

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #944 on: July 19, 2016, 02:02:34 PM »
> "Frankly, I'm not expecting it. I did say I would not be surprised at all of you were not interested."
> Gesture up an down at ourselves.
> "There are few who appreciate loyalty to one's master more than myself. But again, the worst that will happen to me is that you will say no, and then we will return you to where we found you once I'm done here. Unless you wish to leave on your own, I suppose. So there is no reason for me not to ask."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #945 on: July 19, 2016, 02:07:47 PM »
> "Frankly, I'm not expecting it. I did say I would not be surprised at all of you were not interested."
> Gesture up an down at ourselves.
> "There are few who appreciate loyalty to one's master more than myself. But again, the worst that will happen to me is that you will say no, and then we will return you to where we found you once I'm done here. Unless you wish to leave on your own, I suppose. So there is no reason for me not to ask."

>"It's rather insulting," says Juza, "Which is an excellent reason to mind what you ask." She does not sound particularly angry, but perhaps she is hiding it well.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #946 on: July 19, 2016, 02:27:08 PM »
> "Oh, I can certainly appreciate the sentiment. I would very likely feel the same way, were I to be asked this same question. But, to be frank, I have heard basically nothing good about your Lord since arriving here. And given your orders were apparently to acquire whatever ancient records of powerful magic you could find, and stealth and secrecy were so important to this mission that you attacked me almost on sight, it certainly seems like those sentiments about your Lord are founded at least somewhat in reality."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #947 on: July 19, 2016, 03:55:20 PM »
> "Oh, I can certainly appreciate the sentiment. I would very likely feel the same way, were I to be asked this same question. But, to be frank, I have heard basically nothing good about your Lord since arriving here. And given your orders were apparently to acquire whatever ancient records of powerful magic you could find, and stealth and secrecy were so important to this mission that you attacked me almost on sight, it certainly seems like those sentiments about your Lord are founded at least somewhat in reality."

>"I can only imagine what sort of monster your Scarlet Devil must be, to have such a boorish servant," Juza says flatly.

>_

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #948 on: July 19, 2016, 03:58:37 PM »
//Please don`t tell me you`re gonna let that slide by, she insulted our mistress !

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #949 on: July 19, 2016, 04:03:35 PM »
//We have a job to do, we've already humiliated her once, and she would have outright declined the offer by this point if she were truly uninterested. We've certainly provided her multiple opportunities to do so. Besides, we did kind of insult her Lord first, even if our logic was reasonable.

> "My apologies if I have offended. But surely you are aware of how you choosing combat before diplomacy reflects on your Lord?"
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 04:16:20 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #950 on: July 19, 2016, 04:44:16 PM »
> "My apologies if I have offended. But surely you are aware of how you choosing combat before diplomacy reflects on your Lord?"

>"Secrecy is paramount," says Juza. "It was best to silence you quickly."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #951 on: July 19, 2016, 04:49:45 PM »
> "I figured as much. But that is a fairly large reason why I have reached the conclusions I have about your Lord's motives, and thus why I have made this offer to you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #952 on: July 19, 2016, 05:21:20 PM »
> "I figured as much. But that is a fairly large reason why I have reached the conclusions I have about your Lord's motives, and thus why I have made this offer to you."

>"You should listen to people who know something about what they profess about, instead," says Juza. She stands, a bit slowly. "You've shamed me and then in victory you have shamed yourself."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #953 on: July 19, 2016, 05:25:56 PM »
> "Mmm. Then perhaps you could enlighten me as to why secrecy was so important? Surely a search would be more successful with more searchers, for one thing."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #954 on: July 19, 2016, 05:38:07 PM »
> "Mmm. Then perhaps you could enlighten me as to why secrecy was so important? Surely a search would be more successful with more searchers, for one thing."

>"I'll leave it for you to ponder," Juza says. "Given your efforts thus far, I am confident there is no worry in you understanding."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #955 on: July 19, 2016, 05:43:03 PM »
> Frown.
> "I have already told you what I think it means, though, and you have suggested I am wrong. There is certainly something to be said for keeping one's finding strictly for one's homeland, but that alone doesn't really warrant combat, does it? You could have simply told me you were on a personal camping excursion on vacation from your job and I doubt I would have thought twice about it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #956 on: July 19, 2016, 07:17:37 PM »
> Frown.
> "I have already told you what I think it means, though, and you have suggested I am wrong. There is certainly something to be said for keeping one's finding strictly for one's homeland, but that alone doesn't really warrant combat, does it? You could have simply told me you were on a personal camping excursion on vacation from your job and I doubt I would have thought twice about it."

>"And the excavations were just a coincidence, yes," says Juza. "And certainly I could expect you not to run your mouth about finding some odd person in the the middle of the Forest of Magic at random."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #957 on: July 19, 2016, 07:24:12 PM »
> Did we notice any excavations before finding Juza?
> "Certainly it was at least worth an attempt at a conversation? I would like to think I did not look terribly aggressive upon my arrival."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #958 on: July 19, 2016, 07:41:35 PM »
> Did we notice any excavations before finding Juza?
> "Certainly it was at least worth an attempt at a conversation? I would like to think I did not look terribly aggressive upon my arrival."

>Not really, but there was one right off to the side. Just you were occupied at the time.
>"No one had any reason to be there," says Juza. "What was I to expect?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #959 on: July 19, 2016, 07:52:23 PM »
> Shrug.
> "Who knows? But the worst that would have come from a conversation attempt is what ended up happening anyway, I'd say."