Author Topic: Post Restriction Mafia  (Read 20006 times)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Re: Post Restriction Mafia
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2016, 10:06:40 AM »
VOTECOUNT

:^) If I didn't count your vote, it'll be because it doesn't count.

DNAbc: Serela, PX
Serela: Dormio, PX
PX:
Dormio: Patorikku, DNAbc, Patorikku
Patorikku: PX, Dormio

Three votes required to lynch, DNAbc and Dormio are at 2 votes!

Day 1 will last for another 24 hours.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2016, 10:22:49 AM »
We have only 1 free lynch, and given how alt wagons such as dormio don't really have any debates on it, and I honestly am not entirely confident dormio is scum, I see allowing my own flip to be as informational as possible to be the best compromise.
I feel that elaborating on this part is necessary to avoid more misinterpretation like 'oh DNAbc doesn't really mean his cases!'

If you remember in recent memory (if nearly a year ago counts as recent), we had a game first of which a highly scummy looking townie CF7, who was a prime lynch candidate yet ultimately was not lynched D1 getting dragged into a lategame where town was too occupied with all the speculation flying around the prime scum candidate got away unscathed.

EDIT: I am really happy, like really happy

So given this past experience and witnessing how panic can screw a maf game heads over heels. I mean like, sure, I can push for a dormio lynch and follow my guts and if he's scum yay! But if he's not then, well, I think I would rather be the one to be lynched now to avoid entering LyLo as a easy wagon for scum  to push as scum at that point would have essentially escaped detection and we have to blind guess the culprit using the flip from dormio which is obviously much less informative than my flip.

Also its just easier for me to be eliminated now as I don't want to be in that terrible LyLo position where I doubt I have enough time and effort that I can devote to adequately defend myself if dormio does flip town. So here's my train of thought, do with it what you will.
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2016, 12:46:01 PM »
I have no idea what to make of FMAbc's willingness to be lynched other than thinking that it's a last ditch act of self preservation.
Refuge in audacity. That's what it's called, right?

Anyway, I'm cool with hammering Dynamic Network Analysis but would still prefer to see Patrick's head roll.

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2016, 04:52:41 PM »
I have no idea what to make of FMAbc's willingness to be lynched other than thinking that it's a last ditch act of self preservation.
Refuge in audacity. That's what it's called, right?
Kind of looks like a plea for release, if you ask me. :V

I regrettably have to inform you that said representation is inaccurate! While its a valid perspective to assume Dormio is forcing a case because of a lack of content, I find him deliberately tunneling on Patrick's case itself to be compelling as it went from initially what was RVS Vote->Serious Vote->Hey Guys let's lynch Patrick because he's buddying DNAbc. Patrick has done a grand total of three things this game, and that's exactly this three. So here we have dormio parsing everything Patrick has done as scummy just plain doesn't fly with me. Additionally, dormio did complain about the inconsistency of my 'pointing fingers at everyone' case before, so why is he so stalwart and content on stacking his vote on Patrick, who arguably has not done any such 'classic' scum behavior without reviewing his vote? I find that goes way past the line of just 'forcing cases because there's little content', scum behavior, in my opinion.
DNA, while I appreciate the defense, how on earth can you put together this entire case and then tell us:
I simply don't see a necessity to be proactive in finding alt. options with so little time.

That case was easily the most proactive step you've taken this game, and you're trying to tell us you don't see the necessity with so little time left? Where's the consistency? This is just bizarre.

If I had to guess, this is a last ditch effort to put more weight on Dormio's wagon (and also claiming you don't feel confident in him being scum after that case, WHAT?) but what scum!DNA's plan could be past that point, I have no clue. Probably pushing for PX or my lynch D2?

I'm willing to hammer DNA, if there's no objections.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2016, 05:03:14 PM »
I would gladly obliged to the hammer, and am confident in youall to solve the puzzle!

Though for arguments sake, in response to patrorikku i am not being inconsistent. I do have my suspicion on dormio, and does have a strong scumvibe on him along with my lonh case. However, other people still have not made their input which will be very relevant if i push for a dormio lynch and he flips town instead of scum, as my push is the only relevant interaction. We will end up in a d2 with me looking very bad as the main scum candidate who pushed for dormios lynch. And thus given i am not confident i could defend myself out of that situation, i would rather flip now to save time and effort while ensuring the most informative flip is offered seeing i am the only player whom everyone have at least interacted with

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2016, 05:11:39 PM »
Besides, if i am the day lynch, scum basically needs to think out the kill very carefully as each kill will carry heavier implications. I am obviously speaking with knowledge that i am town.

Say for patrorikku, my flip would imply hes buddying me all along, and the eventual distancing tactic would definitely be prone to closer scrutiny

For serela, his input on my lynch is the modt limited as its only the meta defense argument, then he did a 180 to sheep the major wagon, this would be significant once i flip

For PX, he has been the most active pusher on my wagon, and will definitely be the focus of d2

For dormio, as the alternative wagon he also provided very little defense inspite of my case directed towards him, this ought again to be relevant once i flip

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2016, 05:17:33 PM »
So the way i see it, if i were patrorikku and he js scum, this means he needs to defend his initial buddying, so he should reasonably be fearful of PX who has an acute game sense, thus killing PX is a decent move. However, that also means losing out on a scapegoat as PX is indeed the major pusher. And dormio does strongly call for a patrick lynch. So i think in this case killing off dormio if patrorikku respects dormios skills enough to defend his d1 position is also a great move. But either way with patrick scum i dont think i can see serela killed from a strategic viewpoint, as hes generally easier to sway in lylo

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2016, 05:22:01 PM »
If serela is scum then this is where things get interesting, since serela had proactive early participation but essentially draw to a halt at late day,its easily associated with the distancing scum tactic and serela needs to prevent that from being caught on. Yet with Serela never being the focus of discussion d1 he should be easily be able to skimp by as there are much more jucier interactions to dig into. I would very much advise caution to engage serela now or else the d2 kill analysis will be hard as serela!scum can at this point kill anyone and be the least inconspicuous for he never xontributed a significant argument to my wagon

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2016, 05:28:28 PM »
Lastly, its the dormio/px scum pair. These two have similar MOs if either is scum so ill put them together to discuss. Both are strong players who can just take up the leader position to sway serela to win. In this case its just pure verbal wars whichever falls. Though i am pretty confident if either of them is scum patrorikku is not gonna be killed as hes in a bad position from thr buddy+distance game and serela lack of input also makes it easy for either dormio/px!scum to force a win

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2016, 05:30:15 PM »
General happiness fluff

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2016, 07:56:38 PM »
-Honestly one thing that's been bugging me has been DNA with regard to the rules
-First off he didn't confirm his PR, he outright said what it is
-The rest of our PRs directly affect pretty much every single post we do in a very obvious way, while his is just a general posting style
-Not to mention his last few posts don't seem very happy if that is the case
-So right now I'm very much so waiting for a mod kill if he is indeed town and that is PR

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2016, 08:23:43 PM »
Also his last few posts don't impress since it's silly speculation
Hawaii consists or over 150 islands that fall under 5 counties
-Hawai'i County
-Honolulu County
-Kalawao County
-Kaua'i County
-Maui County

Bardiche

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2016, 10:12:46 PM »
DNAbc has been modkilled!

I count way too many posts breaking the post restriction.

You are Detective Assistant Morley, a young and rising star in the world of detection. You studied under detective Ford, learning the ins and outs of the job. If you had to describe yourself with a word, it'd be passionate. You throw your everything into all that you do, and have always worked with zeal and determination. Others have described you as a happy-go-lucky idiot, and sometimes even a simple person, all because of your unflappable cheer. You've never let any of that bother you, however, because in all it's a little true. You do tend to think of yourself as a bit of an idiot, and sometimes have confidence issues that can't be masked by practising happy smiles in front of a mirror for two hours.

You don't feel any more confident than anyone else now that detective Ford's been found dead, though. As it was your responsibility to assist him, you also feel you should assist in figuring out who the killer is. Since you've been presented with precisely such a unique opportunity as one of the suspects, you've decided to give it your all and detect who the scum is among you.

Because of who you are, whenever you post, you have to be happy and positive. This means showing unflappable good cheer, or at the very least, some words of encouragement. "Be positive!", "We can do it!", "Justice won't be blinded!", and such suffice as a bare minimum. You win bonus points if you manage to insert unflappable good cheer in your every post (feel free to use pictures, good music and everything).

Good luck, Detective.

NIGHT HAS SET IN.

Scum has 24 hours to PM me who's dying. If I receive no PM in time, I will randomise the kill. (I will publicly note if randomisation occurs.)

Bardiche

« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2016, 09:46:10 PM »
Hello, dear friends! I'm starting the Day a little early. That's because it's convenient for me.

Everyone may resume voting and arguing.

Well, except for Serela, since he's dead.

You are High School Student Harry, a good-natured if socially inept frequenter of detective Ford's office. You've always had a love for books, much the same as detective Ford. At home, you've never quite found a place to feel comfortable, but in detective Ford's office, you always have. He would always lend you the best of books, and never quite minded what others called your 'oddities' and 'peculiarities'. You've always been that way, though, and can't quite imagine being any different than how you are. It's hard to point out exactly what's different about you compared to others, but you do know for a fact that other people have a wealth of small gestures they use to communicate a great deal.

With detective Ford found dead, and you a frequent visitor, you've been placed under suspicion. There's the opportunity to figure out who actually did it, though, and as someone with a fondness for deduction, you feel you can be helpful.

Because people often mistake what you intend, though, you're resolved to ensure they at least get your feelings right. That's why, whenever you post, you must include an emoticon, smiley, kaomoji or emoji in every post. My personal favourite is http://japaneseemoticons.me/. Look for table flips. Bonus points if you make an effort to use different emojis instead of pasting a tableflip into every post (though that'd be okay as well).

Good luck, Harry. You're a wizard.

There's three alive, so two is all it takes to effect a lynch.

You have... 48 hours. I'll give more hours when we get closer to the deadline if it's necessary, since Day 1 ended on a sour note and early.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2016, 10:04:29 PM »
Welp
-A
-B
-C
-D
-F

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2016, 10:23:43 PM »
Welp
-A
-B
-C
-D
-F
My thoughts... exactly????

In any case, Serela being the NK is a real curve ball. The most logical possibility, from where I stand, is for scum!PX to make the Serela NK and let Dormio and I accuse one another to hell and back, just waiting for one of us to vote the other and then hammer. For scum!Dormio, I would've sooner expected a PX NK, for a few of the reasons DNA mentioned before he was mod killed, as he's an experienced player that could easily sway Serela to make the vote.

I'll read over interactions and see what I can find in 6 hours or so; I've got my hands filled at the moment.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2016, 11:23:44 PM »
Phoneposting from work and I'll be back in however many hours.
Tempted to vote Patty but won't due to the off chance that Windows XP is scum and there's no real point in taking that risk right now.
But yeah work sucks and I'll be back to actually read in a couple of hours.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2016, 06:24:41 AM »
Reading through interactions for this game is actually fairly easy, due to how short this game has been and how little activity we've had. Bless.

-First off he didn't confirm his PR, he outright said what it is
Actually, I'd like to make note that you did make a guess toward the positive attitude in his posting style here:
I'm pretty sure it involves being happy in your posts, is anyone else getting a sense of deja vu from this?

And some other interactions PX had I'd like to take note of, particularly with DNA and Serela:

- 17, vote on Serela for nearly forgetting his PR. Can be waived as RVS, though.
- 37, claims DNA finding Serela, myself and Dormio suspicious as scummy, along with his late entry to the game. Also, not only does PX deny Serela's guess at his PR - which is inconsistent in itself - but also shows discontent toward guessing PRs so early in the game since it gives scum room to figure out their own PR, despite how easy they were to guess in the first place. PX's PR is still the only "unconfirmed" PR, despite Serela's guess not being particularly inconsistent with PX's posts.
- 38, defends Serela, noting his proactive behaviour in figuring out PRs. Also votes DNA for reasons in the previous post.
- 42, full tilt offense on DNA. Again, despite the PR's flashy nature being evident to town at this point, claims he would - as scum - wait until enough posts have been made to fine tune his own PR to fit in to town's.
- 44, calls me out on passive play, questions Serela on outing PRs so early. Which I'm fairly certain I was already asking. >:|
- 52 to 54, calling out DNA on not answering questions and not elaborating on his cases. Tsukihime reference.
- 70 and 71 are notes on DNA's inconsistencies with his PR and waicing his last posts as silly speculation.

What's bugging me about PX is his interesting focus on PRs throughout the game, and yet his PR seems to be the least consistent with the others, and apparently isn't as simple as posting in 5 point bullet lists, even if I can come up with no better conclusion based off his posts. The last posts on DNA's PR were valid, of course, given the mod kill.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2016, 06:52:10 AM »
Tempted to vote Patty but won't due to the off chance that Windows XP is scum and there's no real point in taking that risk right now.
dormio pls

So major interactions Dormio had:

- 18, questions why I guessed Serela's PR so early
- 23, vote on me, claims my comment on Serela's PR oddly matching his usual posting style is scummy, and claims I'm lining up a D1 lynch
- 31, questions why I'm so hesitant to vote, as well as confirming his own PR as well as successfully guessing mine (whoopty doo)
- 49, finds DNA's posts weird and inconsistent, as  well as makes note to Serela's posts seeking to have an ulterior motive in a weird hypothetical...? I don't trust that. Attacks me for buddying DNA
- 62, remarks on DNA's unusual desire to be lynched, speculating it to be a last ditch effort to survive, would rather have me lynched but would still hammer.

And... that's it. I still stand by my points from D1 on what I find inconsistent with Dormio's posts, but I feel a bit more convinced that PX is scum at the moment. The PR talk after everyone but DNA has had a guess made toward their PRs seems to be a focus on what is ultimately a null tell in a game where the PRs are fairly simple to understand, guess and imitate. Why was there a need to put such emphasis on it? It reads off as scummy behaviour to me.

On the other hand, Dormio was actually lurking fairly hard, upon closer examination. Beyond the offense made toward me, I only see one major attack on anyone's logic, that being on DNA, who was already being built up as the most likely D1 lynch. I can see this as scum!Dormio lining up his D2 lynch with a hard case on D1, while still buddying with town's biggest wagon to keep favor with town.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2016, 07:37:08 AM »
A) Mafia is hard
B) Why can't mafia be easy
C) I'll try reading sometime tomorrow before work

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2016, 07:39:51 AM »
1) Also I denied the PR guess because it wasn't my exact restriction
2) I wish this game could be as easy as saying Patrick is scum and voting for him twice but that's not how it works
3) I am considering how a Dormio scum works with this game so far
4) idk

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2016, 07:54:24 AM »
Papa X-ray, is your post restriction the need to include a list in all of your posts?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2016, 08:00:53 AM »
Anyway.

Reading through Pii Ecks' posts, I'm not really inclined to believe that he's scum.
This is probably affected by my bias towards thinking that Hatorikku is scum.
If I try to step away from that, I can see XP scum working with a focus on DANml for D1 while leaving Patrick and myself for D2, but I don't think that that's really the case.
  • Game is hard

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2016, 08:05:20 AM »
On the other hand, Dormio was actually lurking fairly hard, upon closer examination. Beyond the offense made toward me, I only see one major attack on anyone's logic, that being on DNA, who was already being built up as the most likely D1 lynch. I can see this as scum!Dormio lining up his D2 lynch with a hard case on D1, while still buddying with town's biggest wagon to keep favor with town.
Maybe because I didn't see Ecks Pii or Celery being scum? That kind of only leaves Puerto Rico and cbAND.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2016, 10:29:10 AM »
Papa X-ray, is your post restriction the need to include a list in all of your posts?
-You
-Are
-Indeed
-Correct
-Sir

Bardiche

« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2016, 10:30:04 AM »
MOD VOTECOUNT

Completely unnecessary!

Just checking in, nearly ~13 hours have passed.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2016, 10:40:59 AM »
-Serela being killed makes me cry
-Serela basically being a blank slate means his death literally did nothing to affect the current state of the game
-A Patrick kill on the contrary would have reset the game state to essentially neutral
-I'm not sure what my death would have done outside of removing a potential lynch target for lylo
-Dormio death would have put a huge mark on Patrick

Looking at this, it leans a bit towards Patrick scum a bit over Dormio since all the kills were bad options for Patrick. Of course this is all silly speculation but we have actual results to look over now to compare to as opposed to D1

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2016, 03:51:05 PM »
The PR talk after everyone but DNA has had a guess made toward their PRs seems to be a focus on what is ultimately a null tell in a game where the PRs are fairly simple to understand, guess and imitate. Why was there a need to put such emphasis on it?
PX, perhaps you could offer an answer to this query?

As well, I'm not sure why you're always referring to kill analysis as silly speculation, especially since you and I can agree that at least it's information to work with in this scenario where there's so little to run on.

Maybe because I didn't see Ecks Pii or Celery being scum? That kind of only leaves Puerto Rico and cbAND.
I can understand that, but I don't even recall you making any note of PX's activity before D2 started. You did make mention of Serela at #49 almost seeming to have an ulterior motive behind his posts in a... weird hypothetical scenario??? Was that a hypothetical? That was just kind of a weird point to make and it's off putting when one of your only mentions of Serela is some half hearted suspicion.

Which, I want to make note of, is part of the reason you composed your own case on me.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2016, 07:35:47 PM »
Re: Patty Cake
I don't know how you could read #49 as me having suspicion on Selera, I feel like it was pretty obvious that it was a hypothetical example.
Which you pointed out. So how is that me being suspicious of Celery?

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2016, 08:42:18 PM »
Re: Patty Cake
I don't know how you could read #49 as me having suspicion on Selera, I feel like it was pretty obvious that it was a hypothetical example.
Which you pointed out. So how is that me being suspicious of Celery?
Well, if it's an actual hypothetical, then there's no actual suspicion on Serela, is there? I can't help but note it, since it was one of few mentions you made of Serela on D1. Was a hypothetical situation like that really necessary to explain what was wrong with DNA's logic at the time?

As a side note, your PR is easily the most amusing of the bunch when you're not just defaulting to "Patrick" :V