Author Topic: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT 1  (Read 159039 times)

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest - ACT 1
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2016, 04:55:48 AM »
>Whisper to Renko. "I want to go back to this mushroom forest from a dream before where youkai chased me, even though I wasn't really there. It's interesting and definitely something supernatural."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2016, 05:21:29 AM »
>Whisper to Renko. "I want to go back to this mushroom forest from a dream before where youkai chased me, even though I wasn't really there. It's interesting and definitely something supernatural."
>"Definitely sounds interesting..." Renko whispers back, "Do you know how to get there? And why are we whispering?"
>_

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2016, 08:38:14 AM »
No, and because it's fun to annoy her.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2016, 09:00:12 AM »
>"Not really, no. And I don't want her to hear us. Then again, maybe she can help... Hold on."
>"Hey uh...Reimu! Do you know any interesting places? Like forests?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2016, 02:42:28 PM »
>"Not really, no. And I don't want her to hear us. Then again, maybe she can help... Hold on."
>"Hey uh...Reimu! Do you know any interesting places? Like forests?"
>Reimu scowls, "Neither of you have any idea where you're going, do you?" she sighs, "There are two major forests near here, the Bamboo Forest of the Lost, and the Forest of Magic. Both are in opposite directions. Which one are you wanting to go to?"
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2016, 03:22:02 PM »
>"It's not like we have a map or anything. And it's probably not the bamboo one, so we'd like to go to the other one."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2016, 04:39:34 PM »
>"It's not like we have a map or anything. And it's probably not the bamboo one, so we'd like to go to the other one."
>"Alright..." Reimu replies as she takes point, "I guess I'll lead the way then..."

>The three of you continue to descend the shrine steps until you reach a road. Reimu leads the two of you to the right, and soon you reach an open field.
>Overhead, you see what appears to be a couple of little girls with large insect wings. You think they're fairies, you've seen them in your dreams many times.

>"Wow... Are those... Fairies?" Renko asks in amazement.
>"What do you think?" says Reimu, "Oh, right. You're outsiders... Anyway, you shouldn't be impressed by them. Most of them are reckless idiots that will often charge into a fight and get themselves killed just because they want to know what would happen... "
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2016, 05:06:41 PM »
>"They come back after they die, right? Isn't that something impressive?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2016, 06:12:36 PM »
>"They come back after they die, right? Isn't that something impressive?"
>"Well, they do. But that's part of the problem." Reimu explains, "Because death is a slap on the wrist for them, they usually never learn from their mistakes. So they never get any less annoying..."

>The road takes the three of you to the top of a hill, in the distance you can see a village of some sort, resembling the one you saw in your dream. The road ahead seems to fork in front of the village. Farther off into the distance, further along the road, is a large forest.
>However, it still appears that you have quite a long way to walk.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2016, 06:46:43 PM »
>"I remember this spot. And that's the forest over there, right? But it's pretty far...are there any shortcuts?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2016, 07:00:39 PM »
>"I remember this spot. And that's the forest over there, right? But it's pretty far...are there any shortcuts?"
>"Yes, it is. As for shortcuts, well, it's faster to fly, but I highly doubt that either of you can do that. So unfortunately we're going to have to stick to walking for- Wait a second..." Reimu turns around, eyeing you with suspicion, "What do you mean you remember this spot?"
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2016, 07:39:21 PM »
>"It was just a dream, and it only looked a little like this...actually, a lot. More importantly, why are you so on edge? We're not going to hurt anyone. In fact, it would probably be the other way around."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2016, 07:59:36 PM »
>"It was just a dream, and it only looked a little like this...actually, a lot. More importantly, why are you so on edge? We're not going to hurt anyone. In fact, it would probably be the other way around."
>"It still doesn't change the fact that I don't trust you." Reimu replies, "Besides, I'm trying to figure out why that someone I mentioned back at the shrine is so interested in you two... Anyway, let's keep moving, we have about half an hour before we reach the edge of the forest..."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2016, 08:11:26 PM »
>"So who's this someone interested in us? Are they interested, as in a secret admirer, or are they more like a fan?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2016, 09:09:18 PM »
>"So who's this someone interested in us? Are they interested, as in a secret admirer, or are they more like a fan?"
>"Her name isn't important right now. But she's a powerful, and somewhat annoying, youkai. And I have no idea why she's interested in you... "
>"Wait, you're saying a youkai is interested in us!?" Renko exclaims, "Why would a youkai be interested in us?"
>"I already said I don't know!"
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2016, 09:46:13 PM »
>"What if it's the one who chased me in my dream before? That would explain why it's interested in us! Wait... Hey Renko, do you think Reimu is protecting us from that youkai, or is she trying to help it get rid of us? I mean, she's acting like she hates us. Not to mention she's hiding the youkai's name and knows how powerful it is."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2016, 10:12:00 PM »
>"What if it's the one who chased me in my dream before? That would explain why it's interested in us! Wait... Hey Renko, do you think Reimu is protecting us from that youkai, or is she trying to help it get rid of us? I mean, she's acting like she hates us. Not to mention she's hiding the youkai's name and knows how powerful it is."
>"Probably not. She's not the type to chase humans..." Reimu answers, "If she wanted to hurt you, then she probably would have by now..."

>"I don't know." Renko whispers back, "If, and I mean if, it actually is the same the youkai, and it is trying to get rid of us, and she is trying to help it, then what should we do?"
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2016, 11:45:44 PM »
>"I don't know. We can't run because she can fly, and we can't hide because she clearly knows more of these places than me. We just have to hope she's on our side."
>"How do you know so much about this youkai?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2016, 12:01:10 AM »
>"I don't know. We can't run because she can fly, and we can't hide because she clearly knows more of these places than me. We just have to hope she's on our side."
>"We can only hope..."

>"How do you know so much about this youkai?"
>"Let's just say that this youkai and I are... thoroughly acquainted..." Reimu replies, "...She has a nasty habit of dropping in on my shrine whenever she's bored... But then again, a lot of people do... I still find her a bit annoying, regardless."
>_
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 12:02:51 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2016, 12:18:33 AM »
>"Thoroughly acquainted? S-so, you two have been enemies for a while, right?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2016, 01:19:37 AM »
>"Thoroughly acquainted? S-so, you two have been enemies for a while, right?"
>"Enemies?" Reimu asks, "What the hell gave you that idea? No, we're not enemies... She's more of... a very annoying, naggy, and lazy friend... for lack of a better wor- Oh, what the hell is this!?!"

>Up ahead you see what appears to be a stand of some kind, manned by a trio of fairies, two of them appear to be waiting in anticipation. The third one seems to have noticed your group, and appears to be quietly flying away from her companions, who seem to be oblivious of her leaving.

>As your group nears the stand, one of the fairies looks over.
>"Hello Miss Hakurei Shrine Maiden! Wanna try a refreshment beverage?" she says with a confident smile.
>"Yeah! It's really nicest! It makes you not thirsty!" says the other.

>"No, thank you." Reimu frowns, "I'm not in the mood for your tricks today. Now, I advise you stop whatever you're doing, because I'm pretty sure whoever falls for your little trick won't be very happy..."
>"What makes you think we're planning anything?" asks the first fairy, "We just want some money to buy stuffs and thingies with!"
>"And shiny things!" the other fairy adds.
>"Anyway, I'm not interested. I'm taking these two to the Forest of Magic..."
>"Oh, come ooooooon~!" the second fairy whines, "We worked soooooo hard on this! If not you, then maybe your friends are more thirstier?" she looks at you and Renko, "Who are these weirdos anyway? Their outfits look strange..."
>"Oh, I think I know! I think the word for them is 'four-rainers' or something..." says the first fairy.
>"What's a four-rainer?"
>"It's like a weirdo who doesn't live in the place that you live."
>"So... Does that make every weirdo in Gensokyo a four-rainer?"
>"Huh... I never thinked of it that way..."

>The fairies still don't seem to have noticed that their companion is already at least 40 meters behind them.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2016, 01:47:34 AM »
>"Aw Renko, they're kind of like little children, aren't they? Hey, can any of you say ascension? Wait, no, say Mississippi!"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2016, 02:24:35 AM »
>"Aw Renko, they're kind of like little children, aren't they? Hey, can any of you say ascension? Wait, no, say Mississippi!"
>"Aww-sen-shunn?" the first fairy asks.
>"Miss... Miss... Miss-suh-see-pee?" says the other, smiling triumphantly.

>"Aw... How cute..." Renko comments.
>"Yeah, yeah... Now can we please move on?" Reimu scowls.

>"Wait, dontcha wanna buy a refreshment beverage before you go?" the first fairy asks.
>"I already said NO!"

>The fairies' companion is at least 60 meters away now, and appears to be looking back cautiously.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2016, 02:50:41 AM »
>"How could you Reimu? You wouldn't even give them a chance? They said they worked really hard on this, and it probably doesn't cost that much either. Look, you already made one go home in defeat. You're not the type of person who hates kids, are you?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2016, 03:12:58 AM »
>"How could you Reimu? You wouldn't even give them a chance? They said they worked really hard on this, and it probably doesn't cost that much either. Look, you already made one go home in defeat. You're not the type of person who hates kids, are you?"
>"Okay, first of all, they aren't kids, they're fairies! Chances are, they're much older than you for all I know. Second of all, these two are notorious pranksters, therefore, I'm already suspicious of whatever they're doing, and, assuming they actually learned from what happened the last ten or so times they pranked me, they know very well what will happen to them if they piss me off..."
>The second fairy seems to shrink back a little at Reimu's glare...

>"Wait, what do you mean she made one of us go home in defeat!?!" the first fairy asks, "All three of us are still-" the fairy notices the absence of her companion, and assumes a mildly irritated expression, "OH, COME ON, STAR! THE FUN HASN'T EVEN STARTED YET, AND YOU'RE MORE CHICKENING OUT ALREADY!?!"

>You think you see the fairy in the distance nodding.
>"WELL SCREW YOU THEN! WE CAN PULL OFF THIS PRANK WITHOUT YOU!"

>"See? What did I tell you..." Reimu frowns, "Come on, you two. We're leaving."
>"O-Oh! D-Did I say 'prank?' what I meant to say was uh... plank! Yeah, there's uh this plank... on our stand... the three of us... uh wanted to pull it off so the... stand can look more nicer!"
>"Riiiiight..."
>"At least buy a beverage still! The beverage is real!!"
>"They're really good!" the other fairy looks at all of you with puppy dog eyes.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2016, 03:39:08 AM »
>Continue along the path.
>"What's so bad about a little prank? And you looked at them like you were going to kill them. Don't you think that was a little too mean?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2016, 04:12:46 AM »
>Continue along the path.
>You leave the fairies and continue down the road.

>"What's so bad about a little prank? And you looked at them like you were going to kill them. Don't you think that was a little too mean?"
>"You think that was mean? Trust me, there are people in Gensokyo who treat fairies much wo-aaaaaaahh!!"
>Reimu suddenly appears to fall forward through the ground. You notice the ground begin to ripple and reveal a previously invisible hole dug into the road!

>"Yay! It worked, Sunny!" one of the fairies exclaims triumphantly.
>"No it didn't you idiot!" says the other one, "She was supposed to buy a drink first, and then fall in our hole trap, you know, so the drink will spill all over her?"
>"Oh..."
>"Well, at least I don't have to keep that hole invisible anymore..."

>Reimu suddenly flies out of the hole, gohei drawn.
>"Excuse me for one second..." she says, as she flies past you.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2016, 04:30:14 AM »
>"...Eh? An invisible hole? That was...pretty clever."
>Look back.
>"Uh oh, she doesn't sound happy."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2016, 05:30:23 AM »
>"...Eh? An invisible hole? That was...pretty clever."
>"I actually didn't expect that." Renko comments.

>Look back.
>"Uh oh, she doesn't sound happy."
>You look back at the fairies.

>"Uh oh..." says one of them.
>The second fairy puts herself between her friend and Reimu.
>"Don't worry, Sunny! I'll prote-OW!" she exclaims as Reimu clubs her over the head with her gohei, hard.

>The other fairy promptly bursts out laughing before she meets the same fate.

>"You're lucky I don't really feel like dealing with you right now." says Reimu, "So consider this a warning... And if that hole isn't filled in by the time I get back, you're going to get something much worse than a smack to the head!"

>Reimu flies back over to the two of you, "Alright, let's go."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2016, 05:59:16 AM »
>Avoid the hole and continue on.
>"How does this powerful youkai look?"