Author Topic: Are You a Squid Now? - Splatoon Thread  (Read 98586 times)

Re: Are You a Squid Now? - Splatoon Thread
« Reply #660 on: September 14, 2015, 09:49:38 AM »
it's a lot of fun.

The Amiibo Inking Girl quests were suffering for me, I never liked chargers, and hate them even more now.

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #661 on: September 14, 2015, 10:09:04 AM »
They are fun, to be fair. You want to do the missions in the Green Squid amiibo; especially the invisible platform level with limited ink. That might change your opinion~ :V

But no, seriously, I completed all 3 amiibo challenges pretty easily; some grief was had on a select few, but even then, it still took me one attempt~ <3

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #662 on: September 15, 2015, 06:25:18 PM »
gg Picochilla. Was quite fun in Turf Wars to see people sticking around. こぜっと was someone I've recently known and I had originally joined too. Too bad we didn't got queued 1 game together in same team.

Picochilla

• Just a random Chinchilla
« Reply #663 on: September 17, 2015, 03:04:07 PM »
gg Picochilla. Was quite fun in Turf Wars to see people sticking around. こぜっと was someone I've recently known and I had originally joined too. Too bad we didn't got queued 1 game together in same team.

Oh yeahr... there was something xD

But yes, it was kinda sad we didnt get once in the same Team in TW, but it was still kinda fun (also i was able to brush u down once :>)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #664 on: September 19, 2015, 08:10:45 AM »
For us lolEuropeans with their supreme, fascinating, brilliantly designed, impacting and original themes > splatfest.

Go us.

**** it, this time I am going for Hotaru-san, because Hotaru-san. What about you Kanjou? And Puppy?

Edit:
Played the new map btw in 1 ranked (Tower Control) and few Turf > Holy shit this map is major anti-swimming. Considering preparing a roll-out with movement speed.

What is your opinion of the new map?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 08:22:57 AM by Helepolis »

Picochilla

• Just a random Chinchilla
« Reply #665 on: September 19, 2015, 11:11:50 AM »
imma pretty sure 50% of the Messy Votes are only there because they like Callie more than Marie. lol

About the new map.... it's kinda Charger majority there for some unfair sniping attacks.

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #666 on: September 19, 2015, 01:25:25 PM »
I'm beginning to think that whoever is in charge of team balance took lessons from the battle.net team circa original Starcraft. They seem to get off on putting me (a level 18) and a few other lower-levels against teams of high 30s and low 40s.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #667 on: September 19, 2015, 02:36:00 PM »
Levels don't mean squat. I'm high 20s and I regularly outscore 40s.

InfernalExuro

• I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #668 on: September 19, 2015, 02:43:28 PM »
I do the same when it comes to my team, it's just the fact that these mismatches seem to happen a lot. Said high-levels tend to roll us pretty badly. Sometimes in the literal sense! :V
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #669 on: September 19, 2015, 04:18:22 PM »
It's not the 20/20/30/30 vs. 40/40/40/40 matches that are the real killers, it's the 20/5/5/5 vs. 40/40/40/40 ones. Ugh.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #670 on: September 19, 2015, 06:40:49 PM »
I'll be streaming some bestEUtheme Splatoon Fest without commentary. 

http://www.twitch.tv/helepolis_

Edit
Sticking with a team currently and kind of steamrolling so far.

Edit 2
End of Stream.  Lost 3  out of dunno wins. Was good game.

Hotaru-san! I will do my best!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 07:49:21 PM by Helepolis »

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #671 on: September 19, 2015, 11:43:28 PM »
Feels like a while since I've posted in here. Been having a dip in Splatoon activity after I kind of lost it at the Splatfest theme. Still, the war between myself and Puppy goes on... I went with Tidy (I like stuff in a neat order) and Puppy went with Messy... because her craft stuff is always everywhere~ :V

With that said...

Kamiko makes it 5-0 with MAX titles!

It's always such a good feeling. Puppy came in to watch my last fight to take me into the Queen title. I honestly thought we had lost it; which I had already said would happen because things always go down hill when someone else is watching. The match results came in with a 0.1% difference... in favour of us. We both proceeded to yell in disbelief; with me bouncing around because I got the Queen title in the most amazing way possible. Was frigging hilarious~ XD

I want to believe that Tidy will win... but I'm having a hard time seeing it due to how mixed matches were, and how many people had voted Messy even before tonight. Who knows what will happen; but it would be nice to see Marie/Hotaru win a 2nd win~

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #672 on: September 20, 2015, 12:49:47 AM »
My roommate's girlfriend decided to completely destroy my house today and had a wall of furniture piled in front of the TV my Wii is hooked up to, so I haven't had much of a chance to play yet. I did a handful of games earlier and won a shockingly large proportion of them, so I guess I don't have that much more to go if that happens again, but I'm not sure if or when I'll be able to play again today. I wish she had told me she was going to be moving furniture around today so I could have moved my console. Actually I would have told her not to do it because I like my furniture where it is, and I assume that's why she didn't say anything. :wat:

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #673 on: September 20, 2015, 01:42:16 AM »
Finally getting to play this on my friend's wii u which I pretty much get to use as I want. Oh it's really fun, wrecking house with rollers.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #674 on: September 20, 2015, 03:04:53 AM »
Science Queen? Well... That's just about the nicest thing anyone has ever called me.

Had to excavate my TV and play on a pile of overturned furniture, but I pretty much blasted straight through Champion with only two or three losses. My fastest Splatfest ever by a long shot.

Teams seemed pretty even too. Matchmaking was quick. Any Art people get matched against teammates at any point?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #675 on: September 20, 2015, 08:27:14 AM »
Streaming Splatfest: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv235795429  mind the stream change. because niconico only allows 30min per stream for newbies like me.  I will announce the stream change on twitter.

Edit:
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv235798454  Next stream.

Edit2
Thank you connection error for disbanding my steam-rolling team.

Edit3:
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv235824966   continueing my road to king.

Edit4
FML Internet streaming. Guess I'll play silently.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 01:07:21 PM by Helepolis »

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #676 on: September 20, 2015, 04:39:00 PM »
Art won both popularly and matches, 51-49 in both. I was science but I didn't play, so two free snails lol.

Played a little today, I THINK I finally have a good equip set for ranked, but we'll see as we play more.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #677 on: September 20, 2015, 04:44:50 PM »
Wow, that's really close in both caregories. Neat.

« Reply #678 on: September 20, 2015, 07:16:40 PM »
Aaand the results for the EU Splatfest are in.

Messy;        Pop: 56    Win: 52
Tidy;            Pop: 44    Win: 48

Welp, looks like I`m really talented at always choosing the wrong team. At least we got defeated fair and square and not solely because of their higher popularity.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #679 on: September 20, 2015, 07:22:11 PM »
My spree got ended. Oh well, still much love for Hotaru-san this Fest because the theme was just fucking horrible.

And 18 snails for losing team with max rank? That is only 6 less than a winning team. This whole SplatFest is a joke, it seems. :V

InfernalExuro

• I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #680 on: September 20, 2015, 11:55:24 PM »
Lost, but at least I played enough to get snails this time. :V

Speaking of snails, I managed to get all +Def bonuses on my trail boots without ever rerolling them. I guess I'll chalk this weekend up as a win... until I use all those snails and get awful stats.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #681 on: September 25, 2015, 09:55:40 AM »
A new weapon seems to be coming up:  A bucket divided into 3 sections inside. Some RL photos show up of its true existence.  Seems to have a quite wide spread.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #682 on: September 25, 2015, 01:18:36 PM »
I've been on a crazy winstreak since Splatfest. Haven't been playing a ton, just five or six gamesa day, but I haven't lost since then. It's allowed me to creep my rank back up to almost-B+. Maybe this weekend I'll see if I can force it over the edge.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #683 on: September 28, 2015, 04:53:31 PM »
I want to bring the following video to your attention:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqZc4aOSpIc

Perhaps more than a month old. But the animations are, compared to the usual SFM nonsense, quite well made.

The number of references in this video is quite strong, I might say.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #684 on: September 28, 2015, 05:17:37 PM »
I had forgotten how great that meme was.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #685 on: October 05, 2015, 02:16:49 AM »
New Splatfest announced. Cars vs. Planes in NA, which seems like another half-decent one actually. Half-decent in the sense that I have to think for a while before I decide. I hate driving and I sort of like the atmosphere of airports, but I don't think I would want to fly too often, so... I don't know. Might just back Callie because I shamefully abandoned her last time.

Also found the Inkling Girl Amiibo this afternoon. I enjoyed the other one and it looks lonely on my TV stand by itself, so now I have both. Still missing the squid of course, which is the coolest-looking one anyway, but fingers crossed that we'll get a recolored one packaged solo eventually or something.

Tamashii Kanjou

• TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #686 on: October 09, 2015, 08:35:32 AM »
Finally! I'm following the news once again; even though I have no idea why Europe haven't announced their Splatfest theme yet...

Anyway, what we do know is that two new weapons are coming tomorrow! And by new, I mean 2 more custom versions of existing weapons!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #687 on: October 10, 2015, 08:31:31 AM »
Custom Ranged Blaster is like a dream coming true.
- Range, check
- 1 Shot ability, check
- Splatbombs, check
- GREAT KING SQUID (aka Kraken) CHECK.

Ok, the ROF is slow but the loadout is pure estacy.

I might be able to alter between the Custom Blaster and Custom Ranged Blaster now depending on map types/mode. Fuck yea!

Edit
Wow, Scoped Elitre with Kraken and Squid Beacon. Talk about OP load outs. Chargers are now to be feared.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 08:35:51 AM by Helepolis »

« Reply #688 on: October 10, 2015, 11:13:06 AM »
Has anyone seen the new EU Splatfest theme yet ...it's just sad.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #689 on: October 10, 2015, 11:18:39 AM »
Has anyone seen the new EU Splatfest theme yet ...it's just sad.
Afaik it hasn't been announced yet. At least not when I checked this morning.