Author Topic: Bemani x Touhou collaboration  (Read 17301 times)

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
Bemani x Touhou collaboration
« on: April 09, 2015, 12:48:01 AM »
Link

To give a quick rundown, Konami, the company behind the Bemani line of rhythm games (and is pretty much responsible for the creation of the rhythm game genre as a whole), will be collaborating with 2hu music circles and releasing lots of content at Reitaisai next month. The games featured are Sound Voltex III (also known as that new dj whoosh-whoosh game), jubeat prop (rhythm whack-a-mole), Reflec Beat groovin'!! Upper (rhythm air hockey), and BeatStream (uhh... some touchscreen thing). This is also ostensibly a continuation of a last year's collaboration with Sega's maimai, Taito's Groove Coaster AC 2, and Bandai Namco's Taiko no Tatsujin, except of course there's more Touhou now.

Among the Bemani lineup, only Sound Voltex has had significant Touhou content, although many circles have already appeared across all the series with non-2hu stuff. Of the non-Bemani lineup, I'm sure maimai and GC have Touhou content, but I'm not too sure about Taiko no Tatsujin. Either way, this is the first explicitly Touhou-related event for most Bemani games, and I'm personally excited to see who's going to make the cut this time.

Gameplay vids for the curious:
jubeat
Reflec Beat
Sound Voltex
BeatStream
maimai
Groove Coaster
Taiko no Tatsujin

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Re: Bemani x Touhou collaboration
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 03:00:17 AM »
Beatstream was launched with a fair amount of Touhou stuff too, actually. But yeah, I'm excited to see it being added to Reflec Beat and Jubeat now. Opens up what genres can be added and all that.

Also, I believe they may be selling a new Bemani/Touhou soundtrack at the event, as well as introducing songs rearranged by Bemani artists.

Soul Devour

• A Casual Touhou Fan
  • Drifting along, one day at a time
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 02:15:36 PM »
Yay, more Bemani stuff for them not to bring outside of Japan and SEA. Cool stuff and all, but I can't be very excited, especially following Bemani's announcement of 'global e-amusement'. What a farce that was.

No Pop'N though? Or IIDX? That seems kind of...odd.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 03:25:42 PM »
Of the non-Bemani lineup, I'm sure maimai and GC have Touhou content, but I'm not too sure about Taiko no Tatsujin.

Yeah it did. It had quite a few songs including that Yuuhei Satellite arrange of Last Remote and Demetori's Necrofantasia arrange (my favourite). As you can see, even the characters are in the game as well for these arranges :V

Maimai and Beatstream also have the songs but seem to focus more on the nico nico douga side of things, so they're including songs that were popular there.

Honestly, the biggest surprising ones are Reflec Beat and Jubeat as they never had Touhou arranges either. Sound Voltex is still the number one game for Touhou arranges in a rhythm game as not only do they have some really good arranges from Felt, ALiCE'S EMOTiON, Demetori, IRON ATTACK!, and such, they even have their own Touhou arranges specifically made for the game.

That said, I heavily recommend anyone to play Sound Voltex because of the huge list of Touhou arranges it has in the game right now (since the game's primary focus is on the doujin scene and doujin artists)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:28:32 PM by Gpop »

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 01:49:53 AM »
At Reitaisai 12, Konami will release an arrange album titled "BEMANI?東方Project Ultimate MasterPieces", which contains Touhou arranges by Bemani big names like Power Of Nature and Nekomata Master:

http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/73096
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 02:13:11 AM »
akhuta is arranging the eosd stage 1 theme is gonna be the best if it's anything like ludus in tenebris. also totto should've arranged evening star instead.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 03:57:38 AM »
Chinese Tea will be a Howling remix, calling it now.

Formless God

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 12:43:33 PM »
late, but

also totto should've arranged FAIRY WARS instead.

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 04:45:18 AM »
that's not a yukari song though come on

Formless God

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 08:51:31 AM »
Spoiler:
i know i just felt like pointing it out because that's basically half of his style

track names are up on the site
http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/73096

cool there aren't wacky symbols in 妖隠し so hopefully it isn't a mild clusterfuck like ハピ恋☆らぶりぃタイム!!

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 09:02:27 AM »
If we're comparing musical styles then Ryu should've remixed Lord Usa's Elemental Flag.

N-Forza

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 11:15:50 AM »

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 05:56:22 PM »

2hudx confirmed (PCB stage 2 theme). GET HYPE!

also tfw beatmario didn't even bother keysounding his song for IIDX/Pomu even though he makes BMS
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 06:00:30 PM by Aba Matindesu! »

Soul Devour

• A Casual Touhou Fan
  • Drifting along, one day at a time
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 08:51:57 PM »
Wow, uh, nevermind. The Pop'N / IIDX dream is real. Very nice. Are the songs being featured at Reitaisai or is there going to be an update later on for them?

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 07:19:56 AM »

these are all ingame now if anybody cares

my thoughts-
NEON WORLD: somebody who likes sound holic would probably like this but i hate sound holic
Scarlet Moon: redalice's synths always sound so cool. i liked the benibotan riff at 0:36, that was cute. thumbs up
Russian Caravan Rhapsody: cool but kinda underwhelming when this song has been remixed 10000 times. violins aren't obnoxious which is surprising. obnoxious violins are pon's zunpet analogue
取り残された美術(Arranged:HiZuMi): don't know who HiZuMi is but his arrangement is good and this sounds better than all this guy's actual IIDX songs
Struggle: i don't actually hear too much border of life in this. isn't the chorus totally original? it's good though so i guess that's OK. man imagine if masayoshi minoshima replaced the best part of a touhou song with something stupid and it became more popular than the original hahahahahaha (?・ω・`)
ホメ猫☆センセーション: I hate music like this and don't even hear Chen's theme in it. the worst part is that unlike in hello happiness if I accidentally click on it nobody's there to notice I made a wrong turn
BEAT-NEW-WORLD: this is just [Touhou Nightcore] what the heck. doesn't this guy do a lot of touhou remixes? why pick this song to speed up? remix's OK but not groundbreaking
プレインエイジア -PHQ remix-: this is what it would sound like if phquase remixed plain asia yeah. like every phquase song it's quirky and sounds cool, but also like every phquase song it gets grating pretty fast on loop

imo, not impressive but not atrocious. Scarlet Moon is my favorite one but probably when the album is out the akhuta song is the one I'll say is the best so snobs don't get mad at me for having opinions on the internet
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:28:03 AM by huh what »

N-Forza

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 01:08:44 PM »
Samples of the entire soundtrack are now available:

http://p.eagate.573.jp/game/bemani/reitaisai2015/p/index.html

Personally, I am hype. All the Bemani artist remixes are pretty much awesome, and everything else is agreeable at the very least.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 01:29:24 PM »
BEAT-NEW-WORLD: this is just [Touhou Nightcore] what the heck. doesn't this guy do a lot of touhou remixes? why pick this song to speed up? remix's OK but not groundbreaking

You mean like his infamous Night of Nights and Last Brutal Sister Flandre S? This is very typical of his sort of arranges, so it's expected, and I actually kinda like it (because it's very easy to step for stepmania :V)

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 10:56:22 PM »
yeah the remaining four songs seem pretty promising. i was worried totto's remix was gonna be similar to Arousing or something but it sounds cool

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 11:22:25 PM »
妖隠し -あやかしかくし- definitely has Totto written all over it, although I never expected him to make it 3/4.

Lunatic Princess sounds more like Starving Trancer than Ryu, though that's not necessarily a bad thing.

千年ノ理 sounds like Nekomata wanted to be 兎々 for a spell.

I guess the only real complaint I have is about ホメ猫☆センセーション because, as huhwhat mentioned, it sounds NOTHING like the original theme.

Formless God

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 11:48:31 PM »
Despite sounding like shit ホメ猫☆センセーション actually has a really fun looking chart

I think I've heard Akhuta's song about 40 times already.

I'm also EXTREMELY glad that Totto song is more along the lines of illumina than the other ones. And it's very wise of him to go with his own melody for the BGM.

千年ノ理 is so good it's gonna be a 7 in IIDX.

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2015, 12:22:11 PM »
I just want to add something here about the state that Konami is in right now and how it might affect this touhou collaboration. Konami seems to be doing some major restructuring of its music based projects at the moment and this might affect the Touhou tie ins that are being talked about here.

Konami right now seems to be having some critical problems with their management right now. Hideo Kojima was recently downgraded to his employment status at Konami as "temporary contractor" (aka fired later this year) and Konami's hyped game Silent Hills was officially canceled a few days ago. The whole state of affairs is creating a huge negative consumer backlash against Konami. People en mass are threatening to boycott future Konami releases because of these recent revelations.

More info on this in these two youtube videos:

Kojima vs. Konami: An Investigation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMK-kajdgMA

Konami Is Konami (The Jimquisition)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynl4sIFazmM

I just wanted to mention this state of events here in case it might affect this collaboration. Konami's audio department doesn't seem to be looking good at the moment.

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2015, 12:59:36 PM »
I can't believe the reason songs never get ported to IIDX anymore is because Hideo Kojima was keysounding them

pretty sure the album is basically done so I don't think that'll get in the way of this.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2015, 01:15:07 PM »
Oh man this Nekomata Master sample is so dank
I'm hella pissed that videos of it and Totto's mix in-game haven't surfaced yet

N-Forza

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2015, 02:08:59 PM »
Because they haven't been added yet.

Formless God

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2015, 12:28:46 AM »
What????? Why is HE doing the keysounding when you have 200 musicians and people like PHQUASE who will literally do it for free

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 12:57:33 AM »
that was a joke made because I can't conceivably see how konami's "issues" would significantly impact some random bemani event

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2015, 11:37:04 AM »
http://p.eagate.573.jp/game/bemani/reitaisai2015/p/music.html
not only is this out, but more songs are getting added into the games.

IIDX gets the three best ones B) B) B)