Author Topic: Volcanic Mafia 2015 - Game Over  (Read 64963 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Volcanic Mafia 2015 - Day 1
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2015, 01:53:34 PM »
If you knew what I was talking about I'm not sure how you would think there would be a way to elaborate further :S
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2015, 02:13:16 PM »
Since your vote looks extremely uninvolved and I see no conviction on it I want you to use your own words on the matter, to get a better read on you.

I think it's dumb that you don't want to do it but whatever

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2015, 02:38:15 PM »
it's not that I don't want to it's that the reasons for the vote are so cut, dry, and shallow that the notion seems impossible `-` I mean it seems like a trick question where no matter what I do I'm going to look bad in the end
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2015, 02:56:22 PM »
Mitsuki, what were you expecting to get from Serela's response?

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2015, 02:59:37 PM »
Uh, elaborating a little because that's kind of vague, what kind of response would expect from both alignments in Serela's position?

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2015, 03:06:43 PM »
We saw CF7 last game claim he was buddies with Dormio, and then CF7 turned out to be scum.  Mitsuki pushed this previously and nobody believed her at the time. 

##unvote
##vote Serela

I want to see what happens. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Elieson

• i herd mafia sucks
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2015, 03:10:25 PM »
Things wrong with your face: Serela

? I think you have me confused with somebody slightly more Serela than myself

Waking up and seeing we only have 2 pages and it's all RVS is amazing. I really mean it, I stopped following .hack mafia on SF because of the spam.

*AHEM* a host of that game is right here you know

Fortunately, Refa and Mitsuki are always scum, and Dormio just claimed so gg let's go have pie, i'll buy since i'm filthy stinkin' rich. sb sheep me

##Unvote
##Vote Dormio

if I can't have you, I can't let anyone else have you. That and you just claimed scum so my hands are tied behind my back because what is wifom anyway

@Mitscum; why are you weighing SB's and O4R's votes against Dormio? Do you think Serely (Serela, right?) is trying to hop on a wagon lazily at this stage in the game?
No sigs for you

« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2015, 03:30:14 PM »
*AHEM* a host of that game is right here you know

But it's not your fault if people spamposted

Uh, elaborating a little because that's kind of vague, what kind of response would expect from both alignments in Serela's position?

No idea, but I think the reply would be telling anyways.

@Mitscum; why are you weighing SB's and O4R's votes against Dormio?

Because Serela is basing his vote on them.
I can't see Oarfish's vote as more than a joke by the way.

Do you think Serely (Serela, right?) is trying to hop on a wagon lazily at this stage in the game?

No, I think he's trying to appear as contributing (scummy) instead of actually contributing (townie).

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2015, 03:45:03 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Mitsuki

It feels like she's following an empty line of questioning. There's what Dormio pointed out with her question towards me, and then the aimless question towards Serela. I get that he didn't respond in the way that she was hoping for, but I feel like she didn't really make an attempt to make something of his response instead of complaining about it.

Sky, do you actually believe in Mitsuki's Serela and agree with it, or are you just following along anyway? It's hard to tell.

Serela's self-consciousness is weird but at the same time it doesn't feel like he's playing his usual scumgame yet. I'd keep an eye on the slot but he's not a priority.

« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2015, 04:11:10 PM »
I explained to Serela why I wanted him to elaborate and he didn't want to, so I felt like insisting more would be dumb.

As for Serela's replies, I have had my thoughts on them for a while, but I don't think I can derive any strong points from them. It feels weird that he didn't want to reply in the first place, and I kind of think he could be doing so because he has no real thoughts on the matter and is just voting for the sake of it but I guessed he could also be lazy/prideful town or something.
His reply here makes me inclined to believe in the first option though, since he's openly admitting that he didn't want to reply to me because he'd look bad because of it. Still not sure it's telling though.

Dismissing a read because someone's scummy but not playing to their usual scumgame is dumb, people can change.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2015, 04:24:35 PM »

Accusing someone of "not having strong reasons" while we're hardly even out of RVS? I don't expect anyone to have strong convictions and well-articulated reasons at this stage.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2015, 04:40:58 PM »
@SB
Sky, do you actually believe in Mitsuki's Serela and agree with it, or are you just following along anyway?

I don't believe 100% Serela is scum.  I do see Mitsuki driving activity and Serela backing away from it.  If I had to pick right now between who I'd keep in the game, I'd take Mitsuki. 

I don't remember if Mitsuki made the point that Serela claimed scum buddies, I think her case is more that Serela is wriggling like a worm on a hook instead of being direct.  It's been a long time but I seem to remember scum!Serela evading and town!Serela being just straight up confused about stuff, so I actually do agree with her general direction without looking at the great details. 

So my vote is probably 60% I don't like people claiming scum even as a joke, 25% I agree with Mitsuki's vote, and the rest is I get a bad feeling reading Serela's posts. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2015, 04:44:27 PM »
Gonna wait for a votecount before I start pretending to care about this game.

My gut is that Mitsuki isn't suspicious, though.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2015, 04:58:22 PM »
His reply here makes me inclined to believe in the first option though, since he's openly admitting that he didn't want to reply to me because he'd look bad because of it
what, no

I said that I didn't reply to you because I can't see how it's even possible to give a half-decent actual answer to your question  :V

« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2015, 05:17:18 PM »

Accusing someone of "not having strong reasons" while we're hardly even out of RVS? I don't expect anyone to have strong convictions and well-articulated reasons at this stage.

I'm not only voting Serela because his reasons are not strong, otherwise I could have voted SB or you on your Dormio vote.
The main point is that I think Serela was trying to look serious and contributing with his vote yet I see no reason why he'd actually suspect Dormio. Town can make weak votes at this point of the game, but it wouldn't feel like they're trying too hard to look as contributing.

@Serela: thoughts on the game?

« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2015, 05:20:46 PM »
I forgot to mention that even if town made a weak vote there would be some belief in it, which I don't see in Serela's Dormio vote.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2015, 05:46:55 PM »
I was going to post a hypothesis tying together the scumteam, but then I realized some people haven't even entered the fray.

Mitsuki, why are you asking Serela for his thoughts on the game when he's been posting more than most people?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2015, 05:50:23 PM »
My thoughts on the game are the only thing that's actually happened is the Mistuki vs. Me and that whilst I could make a vote at this point that's marginally better than the one on Dormio, it's by such a small amount that it's not worth hopping back and forth between flimsy wagons for.

« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2015, 05:55:50 PM »
Mitsuki, why are you asking Serela for his thoughts on the game when he's been posting more than most people?

Because he's not given any original reads and he's my scumread.

Elieson

• i herd mafia sucks
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2015, 06:16:42 PM »
@SB
I don't believe 100% Serela is scum.

##Unvote
##Vote Sky Paladin

actual serious vote. this kind justification is beyond unnecessary especially at this stage in the game. someone's being a little too cautious when they don't have any reason to even consider _strong_ scumreads as something worth stating.
No sigs for you

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2015, 07:05:06 PM »
##Vote: Zak

Immediately scummy thing when there's content and real content and you pretty much outright state you're just going to lurk.

Also don't like Sky's Serela vote when he isn't confident about it. I understand that the game is only really just starting but you should have more conviction when there's two sides here.

Mitsuki seems fair but so do the votes on her, so no real read except maybe town-town yet.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2015, 09:33:33 PM »
Mitsuki, why is Serela having no original reads during the earliest stage of the game bad? You don't seem to have any other scumread yourself so this comes across as really weird to me.

Bard's vote on Mitsuki feels really nitpicky though, considering he seems to have ignored the majority of her posts. What do you think about the rest of the game?

##Unvote
##Vote: Bard

Zak is probably town because I don't feel like he'd have the audacity to say "not contributing lol" when iirc it got him lynched in NotV2. Oarfish and Serela also feel town but this is more of a gut thing then something I can reason out. Sky feels weird but I'm not sure if that's scuminess or just generally being Sky.

@NNR, can you explain your stuff about Mitsuki/her voters in more depth?

Refa

• The Nameless Monster
  • This is what I can do, from me to you.
    • YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2015, 09:43:36 PM »
Either way I don't think I can get any reads from it. RIP

What answer from SB would give you a read?  Asking "how serious was your vote" in RVS will not net you a telling response, so your response confuses me.

##unvote
##Vote: Serela

Don't like that vote. Looks serious, yet I see no reason why he'd think Dormio would be scum, and the fact that SB and Oarfish aren't making strong votes in the first place only makes it worse. Serela, what part of their suspicions on Dormio do you agree with? Please reply with your own words.

She claimed scum before voting someone for claiming scum, so I don't get why it looks serious to you.  Anyways, going to take a page from your book here; how serious is your vote on Serela (not your current one which I assume is partly based on his responses, but the one here)?  Also regarding on the below quote...

it's not that I don't want to it's that the reasons for the vote are so cut, dry, and shallow that the notion seems impossible `-` I mean it seems like a trick question where no matter what I do I'm going to look bad in the end

I can't see scum saying this.  Like, this isn't a gutread but I don't know how to explain my reasoning here, it's frustrating.

We saw CF7 last game claim he was buddies with Dormio, and then CF7 turned out to be scum.  Mitsuki pushed this previously and nobody believed her at the time. 

##unvote
##vote Serela

I want to see what happens.

How is this relevant to Serela.

##Vote: Zak

Immediately scummy thing when there's content and real content and you pretty much outright state you're just going to lurk.

Also don't like Sky's Serela vote when he isn't confident about it. I understand that the game is only really just starting but you should have more conviction when there's two sides here.

Mitsuki seems fair but so do the votes on her, so no real read except maybe town-town yet.

Got you.  Your Zak vote is just jumping on something that's considered bad play without explaining why it's scummy (personally, it was a null tell for me because I have no idea what he'd do in that situation as town/scum).  Your issues with Sky are stronger, but you're not pushing Sky anyways because you're scum I don't know.  Finally, your Mitsuki read is wishy washy as all hell and it's just...really dismissive for no reason?  Like you've put no actual effort into reading it.  Three strikes and you're out.

##Unvote
##Vote: NekoNekoRex

PS SB, I'd sheep your vote on Mitsuki (in addition to what you said, it doesn't seem like Mitsuki really bothered to analyze Serela's future posts; anyways, I thought of this on my own anyways, so is it really a sheep?), but I'd rather do my own thing ATM.  Wouldn't sheep your Bard vote though, why is his post nitpicky?

PPS Elieson, why is Sky over justifying himself scummy?  It's one thing if he's faking conviction that he shouldn't have at this stage, but he's well not.  Please explain.

« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2015, 09:51:00 PM »
Mitsuki, why is Serela having no original reads during the earliest stage of the game bad? You don't seem to have any other scumread yourself so this comes across as really weird to me.

SB dear, I love you, but I'm getting tired of replying to stuff that's actually well explained in my previous posts.
I'm ok with people not having reads at this stage of the game, but the fact that Serela tried to look as contributing remains. I don't think a townie would make a vote like he did, since I don't see any intentionality behind his vote other than what I stated.

Why do you think Serela is town?

cut, replying in my next post

Refa

• The Nameless Monster
  • This is what I can do, from me to you.
    • YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2015, 09:54:29 PM »
Just realized my wording here ("Your Zak vote is just jumping on something that's considered bad play without explaining why it's scummy") is kind of a misrep, so sorry about that.  My problem is that you're just jumping on it without bothering to analyze it at all.  Do you expect scum to outright say that they're active lurking?  Do you think he's taking refuge in audacity?

« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2015, 10:08:39 PM »
What answer from SB would give you a read?  Asking "how serious was your vote" in RVS will not net you a telling response, so your response confuses me.

I explained this before. The more people elaborate on what they're commenting on the more likely I will be to get a read on them. I don't know what would make a townie or scummy response until I read it.

She claimed scum before voting someone for claiming scum, so I don't get why it looks serious to you.  Anyways, going to take a page from your book here; how serious is your vote on Serela (not your current one which I assume is partly based on his responses, but the one here)?

Serela implied his vote was serious here.
My vote on Serela was (and is) 100% serious.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2015, 10:10:51 PM »
SB dear, I love you, but I'm getting tired of replying to stuff that's actually well explained in my previous posts.
I'm ok with people not having reads at this stage of the game, but the fact that Serela tried to look as contributing remains. I don't think a townie would make a vote like he did, since I don't see any intentionality behind his vote other than what I stated.

Why do you think Serela is town?

No, I get why you think the vote is weak, but I don't see why you expect Serela to have /original/ suspicions at this point in the game and the distinction bothered me.

Leaning towards Serela town due to the stuff a combination of the stuff Refa posted, gut and meta.

PS SB, I'd sheep your vote on Mitsuki (in addition to what you said, it doesn't seem like Mitsuki really bothered to analyze Serela's future posts; anyways, I thought of this on my own anyways, so is it really a sheep?), but I'd rather do my own thing ATM.  Wouldn't sheep your Bard vote though, why is his post nitpicky?

It feels nitpicky because I feel like there's a lot more to be said about Mitsuki then that, but blatant lack of anything else (not just about Mitsuki, but about the entire game) is kind of worrisome. Even disregarding Mitsuki I feel like town!Bard would've been riled up about Serela's posts or at least have some kind of opinion on them.

« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2015, 10:30:41 PM »
No, I get why you think the vote is weak, but I don't see why you expect Serela to have /original/ suspicions at this point in the game and the distinction bothered me.

I think you don't understand what I mean. I agree that Town!Serela could not have any reads at this stage of the game.

The point is that I can't see town intent behind Serela's vote, but I see he tried to appear as contributing. I think like this because his vote was weak and I don't think he was trying to push Dormio with it.
Since the only purpose I see behind his vote is that one, I think he's scum trying to appear as contributing to seem townie.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2015, 10:33:35 PM »
I feel like there's a lot more to be said about Mitsuki then that,
I feel like town!Bard would've been riled up about Serela's posts

I'll care about your feelings about as much as I care to comment on anything outside of Mitsuki's vote. Don't bother demanding I nitpick over every post in this game, I won't do it anyway. I'll comment on stuff that sticks out, such as Mitsuki voting Serela.

The main point is that I think Serela was trying to look serious and contributing with his vote yet I see no reason why he'd actually suspect Dormio.

I think Serela's explanation post and the timing of the vote makes abundantly clear why this doesn't fly.

I think he's scum trying to appear as contributing to seem townie.

Why is this specifically scummy for Serela? What in his actions is unlike town!Serela?

« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2015, 10:39:59 PM »
Day 1.1 - Votals
Dormio (2) - O4rfish, Serela
NekoRex (2) - Dormio, Refa
Serela (2) - Mitsuki, Sky_Paladin
Bardiche (1) - SB
Dr Rawr (1) - Zakeri
Elieson (1) - BT
Mitsuki (1) - Bardiche
Sky_Paladin (1) - Elieson
Zakeri (1) - NekoRex
Not Voting: Dr Rawr, ActionDan

You have 47 hours and 20 minutes remaining in the day. With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 10:01:41 AM by huh what »