Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E  (Read 281877 times)

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Re: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2015, 01:39:59 AM »
Tetris: The Grand Master 3 - Terror Instinct

It's even more terrifying to actually play especially when you've barely picked up Tetris during the last several years of your life
You poor soul.  That game's nuts as HECK.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2015, 07:51:38 PM »
Shovel Knight was 5 hours of genuine fun. I think maybe the bosses could've been a bit rougher as I managed to beat many using brute force and winning with 1-3 hits left, but so much of it was a joy with unique and fun gimmicks, memorable characters, and solid gameplay throughout.

It's Super Cheesio Brothers in Bravely Default now! The keystone stuff was a huge shock. I'm kinda miffed because considering the run up to this point, everything before this was the vaguely difficult but fair route. You were rewarded for having a diverse party setup that synergized well. Maybe you wiped once or twice to a boss, but changing your tactics a bit and a touch of prep saved the day. Now? Go go gadget utsusemi.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2015, 11:55:51 PM »
Tetris: The Grand Master 3 - Terror Instinct

It's even more terrifying to actually play especially when you've barely picked up Tetris during the last several years of your life

Going to echo JQ here. What drove you to play TGM3, of all things? I know people went out and acquired it (and the first one) after what happened near the start of the year, so it's not that surprising if that's the reason. But yeah, good luck to you~ XD

As for me, haven't been playing that much, in all fairness. Pokemon OR has been it for now, as I'm very behind. I've got a lot to work through on Steam, though~

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2015, 04:28:58 AM »
Going to echo JQ here. What drove you to play TGM3, of all things? I know people went out and acquired it (and the first one) after what happened near the start of the year, so it's not that surprising if that's the reason. But yeah, good luck to you~ XD
AGDQ drove me to hunt it down but I've always been somewhat curious.

That aside when it comes to 'infinite' style puzzle games I'm always fond of those that will really push the player and have huge room for skill as opposed to luck (contrast Lumines, Tetris, Puzzle League against, say, Bejeweled).

that said I passed my Rank 6 qualification exam on stream.  Even if rank 6 is still trash by TGM standards.

Sahgren

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2015, 03:46:17 AM »
Bloodborne acquired! Time to die over, and over, and over...

Edit: Ok, yeah. I was joking a lot less when I said that than I thought I was. The second boss has murdered me to the point where I flipped off the screen in an annoyed celebration after I finally beat it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 07:09:17 AM by Sahgren »

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2015, 07:42:34 AM »
Super Mario 64 is on the WiiU VC!  It's still so much fun.  I've already got 26 stars and I haven't even entered the basement yet.  I've also collected 4 100 coin stars.  The only stage I haven't done it on is Jolly Roger Bay.  That beat my old record by 3.  I only ever did it on Whomp's Fortress once.  I don't remember fighting with the camera this much when I was little though.  I think I've just been spoiled by better camera controls though.

Tsuken Yasashi

• Student of War
  • Ready to start fightin' for real?
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2015, 07:51:58 AM »
Spec Ops: The Line - Current upcoming Playthrough, Research for my Touhou Novel Series
Jade Empire - Future Playthrough
Ghost Recon Phantoms - FPS Time Waster
Dead or Alive 5: Last Round - Fighting Game Time Waster #1
Ultra Street Fighter V - Fighting Game Time Waster #2, Research for my Touhou Series Novel
Lost Saga - Fighitng Game Time Waster #3, Most my Online Friends play this game
Touhou 12: Unidentified Fantastic Object - Research for my Touhou Series Novel

Between Two Dimensions - Arc One Complete

"War is a grave affair of state; it is a place of life and death, a road to survival and extinction.  A matter to be pondered carefully..."  -Sun Tzu's Art of War

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2015, 05:54:41 PM »
Mega Man: The Power Battle, 1cc on all three courses, Buster only (with Protoman). A short and easy game, just choose the harder Robot Masters first. Most bosses have an easy pattern you can get into, but some can attack randomly and give more problems than they're worth.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2015, 10:55:48 PM »

I hit 500 in TGM3

But about 58 seconds too late ;-;

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2015, 11:20:34 PM »
You can do it.

Until the game decide you can't, then you have to beat it hard until it says "Okay, screw you, I'm putting more than max gravity."

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2015, 08:32:31 PM »
Oh boy, I've got a bunch of games going that I really need to finish. I'm currently on the last chapter of Fire Emblem: Awakening, the last fight(i think) in Devil Survivor: Overclocked, the second to last boss in Digital Devil Saga, I'm somewhere near the end of Final Fantasy X, I think I've massed the midway point of Shin Megami Tensei IV. And if that wasn't enough, I'm also playing Nosgoth, Payday 2 and a bunch of other games whenever I feel like it.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2015, 09:13:54 PM »

I managed to have a kinda breaking run in BoI

Swallowed Penny + Humbling Bundle + Contract from Below + Blood Bank + 3 Roll Die room = this.

Also I have PHD; Bottle of Pills and 48 Hour Energy in the rotation. Yeah.

The run ended with me having 11 red HP; the Wafer; a Full HP Pill; and on the Chest I got Cricket's Body; Cricket's Head and Tech .5 which turned my damage from 'awful but rapid-fire and durable' to 'omg i am a touhou boss'.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 09:40:33 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2015, 11:47:24 PM »
Well, I technically broke level 500 today in TGM3.  Thanks to playing 1-200 near flawlessly I ended up getting sufficient section times on each of those spreads, which means the game internally jumped over another 100 levels, and... yeah.

It scared me that I'm getting to the point where I can push the game fast enough on early segments to actually do that.  Not always, mind you, but I can.  The only problem is that once the game really starts pushing I have to basically go JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL and try to hold on as best I can, and while I'm getting better, near instant/instant gravity can cause Things to happen that can make a huge mess >:

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2015, 04:38:47 PM »
I got the recent weekly bundle (difficult games theme) and I've been playing a lot of Wings of Vi. This game is awesome, especially the bosses
Let's fight.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2015, 08:46:29 PM »
Hello, Rosenkreuzstilette. Goodbye, productivity.

...Well, not really. Completed it casually in two days, with continues and cross tanks. At least I didn't use any additional weapons except bombs for breaking blocks. ...Except for refights, even with weapons it's challenge enough already. Still, I'm interested enough to try playing through different levels now and again in the future to get better. Funny, since I'm actually not interested in original Mega Man and other games like it, but this one plays nicely, and its aesthetics make it pleasant to replay the stages.

« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2015, 12:59:42 AM »
I've been playing a ton of Rozenkreuzstilette as well. I actually started speedrunning it recently and I'm having a blast! My current goal for now is to beat the game in under 40 mins.

I've also been playing Etrian Odyssey Untold. I'm on my second classic mode playthrough since story mode wasn't really my cup of tea(I quit in the second stratum). I have a party consisting of Protector/Ronin/Dark Hunter/Troubadour/Alchemist and it's been working amazingly so far. I don't have any revive skills though so I'll have to rely on nectars. I could try to get medic's revive skill on a grimoire, but it's so luck based I don't think it's worth my time.
Extra stages cleared : EoSD, PCB, PCB Phantasm, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2015, 04:58:14 AM »
I started playing The Witch and the Hundred Knight.  So Marisa and Etna apparently had a baby.  But no seriously, the main character is a witch who solves her problems by catching them on fire and swearing a lot.  How have I not played this sooner?  The gameplay is fun, you play as the Hundred Knight and it's rouge-type dungeon crawling.  And I like that you make combos by using five different weapons at the same time.

pineyappled

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2015, 09:23:35 AM »
I bought Pillars of Eternity but have p much no time to play this week. True suffering.

Also osu is doing a great job of grinding my tablet nibs flat o/

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2015, 05:53:00 AM »

RANK UP

Yes, I fell out at 241; that's because with the way internal levels work that was actually 441.  Most importantly getting those speedups, while deadly, also enhances your grade (While being too slow reduces it), so yeah, I just... have to learn to play with it.

Slowly, slowly getting better.

Also having to manually slow myself down sometimes actually what

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2015, 10:19:01 AM »
blugh killing L99 Ancient Dragons in Hyperdevotion is murder - the only reasonable way I've found so far is to burn their MP off before attacking in earnest - and even then, if you're not already near the level cap with a ton of VIT or anti-dragon equipment, you get insta-gibbed.

Also, where are these damn Skeleton Clones for the trophy in Stealth Inc. 2? I presume it's in a part of the map I haven't uncovered yet, given I don't have the 100% map completion trophy yet, but the problem is that it's very well hidden - there are no further pathways on my map, so I have to scout every room in the game to find something I haven't already done.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Sahgren

« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2015, 11:24:06 PM »
Just played through the fault milestone two demo. I need this game, like, yesterday now. The production quality in the demo is on a completely different level from any other visual novel I've ever read.

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2015, 05:43:27 PM »
Recently beat Super Robot Wars Z3.2.

Pretty fun game for the most part. Only complaints are some of the animations being shorter and worse than the Z2 games, characters like Athrun and Luna being summon attacks, and the lack of good secrets like Hi-Nu and Nightingale.

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2015, 01:51:09 AM »
Beat Demon's Souls as Royalty class. Was Online the entire playthrough, so it was pretty much White and Pure White tendency.

I started a new character. Temple Knight, so I can't just cheese things with Soul Arrow and MP Regen early on. I do have some casts of heals to help early game, but it's still a bit more challenging due to having to melee. I'm planning to try for the platinum trophy in this run, so I'm going to be using duping to get the spells and equipment as well as following a guide to get the world/character tendency events, but I'm going to not exploit it for massive levels since I want to see how it plays out as a character that has to get close most of the time. Obviously this run will need to be offline most of the time to manipulate World Tendency, though I started online so I'd start one away from Pure White. Beat tutorial vanguard in this run, so I was able to see the death after and grab some more stuff. I already kind of screwed things up because I did the PWWT event in 1-1 after clearing it but forgot about the other one where the dragons are gone from the area at PWWT(well, I didn't, but after entering the Nexus after killing the one NPC in the execution ground, WT went down toward Black, so they were back). Should be able to get back to PWWT for world 1, but if not, I can just kill the red and blue dragon and be able to get the stuff.

Pure Black World Tendency sounds interesting, though it'll be a while before I can mess with it.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2015, 05:43:04 AM »
I am currently playing Monster Hunter Tri.

Lagiacrus is a bitch.

That is all.

(Seriously though, this game is surprisingly simple and yet fun, I've been having a blast playing Long Sword ever since I unlocked it, although underwater combat is shit.

Also Lagiacrus is a bitch.)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 05:47:22 AM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2015, 02:57:07 AM »
Gurumin. It got a release on Steam about a month ago and somehow I didn't find out about it until today.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2015, 03:55:45 PM »
Ori and the Blind Forest.
The game is awesome. Visuals are beautifully drawn, music is really nice and platforming is great too. Controls are responsive and overall gameplay is really fluid. The fact that you are basically carrying savestates with you is a huge plus. And you will need them, because the game is really ungorgiving. All in all, i am having buckets of fun.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Jq1790

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2015, 01:10:51 AM »
Been playing the Birth By Sleep Final Mix section of KH 2.5 ReMIX.  Done Terra's and Ventus' stories so far, Ventus first(Proud mode), then Terra(Critical mode).  Both final bosses were hard for me, but Terra's was just OBNOXIOUS.  The only way I could win was about 75% Counter Hammer, 20% Twisted Hours(Counter Hammer filled the style gauge up REALLY fast, 2 counters in short succession were enough to fill it entirely), and like 5% Shotlock(I had the same shot the final boss was using AGAINST me, ironically.  Entirely unintentional).  Anytime I tried to go on the offensive myself I got either pointblank machinegunned(almost always instant death) or hit by this really long combo attack that, once you were caught in it, was unblockable since you didn't get any breather long enough to enter your Block frames(did like 85% of my max HP if I got hit by the whole thing, though it was more like 90%+ at first but I took so long to beat him that Exp. Walker leveled me up enough to gain a Defense Up, haha.).

Re: Ventus' final boss though, I REALLY liked how they did that at the end, it was really thematically satisfying.

Now for Aqua's story.  Not sure if I wanna go Critical again or if I'll stick to Proud mode...

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2015, 07:38:46 AM »
[...]The only way I could win was about 75% Counter Hammer[...]

That's actually how you're supposed to beat him.
Spoiler:
AFAIK, it's supposed to symbolize the fact that Terra's recklessness was ultimately what caused everything that happened in his story, so since the final boss is basically the ultimate result of said recklessness, you're supposed to beat him using patience and precision by countering everything he does instead of charging forward.

Jq1790

« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2015, 11:57:23 AM »
I suppose that explains why I had such a hard time,and it makes sense. 
Spoiler:
I'm often quite reckless and 'no caution, offense only, final destination' like Terra in action-type games which is probably why I dont do as well as my overall ability would potentially enable.  Suppose I should keep this lesson in mind, huh?  Sucks what happenes to him even after all that though but well, actions have consequences whether you have learned or not from them already.

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2015, 12:27:33 PM »

Now for Aqua's story.  Not sure if I wanna go Critical again or if I'll stick to Proud mode...

Damn, I only did the entire game + the final episode on standard.

Both final bosses were hard for me, but Terra's was just OBNOXIOUS.

Ventus's final boss I found you can stunlock a bit before they just auto-counter you, so I just did that until finish with Sonic Blade. Terra's final boss I will agree with being the hardest. I think it took me about seven tries or something, and it really really forced me to learn how to get good with blocking.
Spoiler:
(You wouldn't think that you could block those giant meteors, go figure)