Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4  (Read 60994 times)

Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4
« on: March 02, 2015, 01:11:46 AM »
>You are Byakuren Hijiri, 18 years old, resident of the city of Mayoiga, caretaker (owner) of Rin Kaenbyou, resident of the Moonside apartments, and third year student of Mayoiga High. A few days ago, you were the most popular girl in school, one of the most well-known and liked girls around town. And then you touched a strange doll, and saw a world not your own. That was the day that everything changed, and you became Magical Lotus, the Hero of the Heart.

>With possibly one or two exceptions, yesterday was the most trying day of your life. On four seperate occastions were you forced to risk your life in confrontations with dark and dangerous forces, including your teacher Keine Kamishirasawa who had been corrupted by a malign power, a pitched battle with the demonic Champion of Ice overseen by her companion champion, Fire. You met the Air Champion once again and fought its latest youma, this one much more powerful than the ones you fought before. And to top it all off, when you went to the White Tiger shrine to snoop about for information about the elder miko Satori, you inadventantly unleashed some kind of Deathbringer creature, a titanic aberration that existed only to snuff out life. With the expected help of the mikos of the shrine, and the extremely unexpected help of the Champions of Ice and Fire, you destroyed this evil creature, leaving Satori to face the judgement of her fellow mikos for what she had done while under the death creatures' influence. The situation there may be resolved, but there will be fallout still to come.

>Between those battles, you had a chance to visit the Champion you were able to defeat, the Water demon, and had a long and informative conversation with her. Her name was Louise, and she and her kind hail from a world called Makai. But they do live there by choice. They are prisoners on that world, trapped there by beings Louise called Celestials. And Makai is alive, and is actively trying to massacre the Children, as Louise called her own people. The lives of the Children are filled with nothing but unrelenting horror, consumed by the struggle to survive. Louise, imprisoned though she was, claimed that it was the only time in her life she had ever felt truly safe, since she knew you would not kill her, nor would you let Kiku kill her. The six Champions, empowered such by their creator whom she called only Mother, managed to pierce the barrier between Makai and Earth to try and gather the energy they need to destroy that barrier, leading their people into your world to save them. But while you insist that the demons relocation does not have to come at the expense of the people of Earth, Louise did not, or simply could not, agree. Nevertheless, you remain wholeheartedly committed to saving both her people and yours. Somehow.

>But the night ended in a way that honestly made you forget all those struggles, all that tragedy, all the pain you and those you encountered experienced. Driven by the emotions of that day, Rin became more than your friend, and you ended the day in each others' arms. You discovered a passion and intensity in your Kasha that surprised you considerably. In diplomatic terms, while you initiated the experience, she took over very quickly, and proved to be, in her own way, as physically taxing as fighting a youma. Never, though, have you been as happy to be taxed.

>That said, however, when your eyes flutter open into wakefulness this morning, you do not meet the day with your usual get-up-and-go. Based on the sounds of boiling water coming from the kitchen, and the level of light poking its way through your drawn curtains, Rin started with the day, but the idea of staying right where you are is a very tempting one. Then again, you're also very hungry, and knowing Rin, the dear heart will be preparing a fine meal to help her mistress 're-energize' after her exertions yesterday. Especially, perhaps, the exertions she herself caused.

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 01:58:03 AM »
>If we feel like lounging, let's lounge a little while longer; if we haven't earned it after yesterday, we never ever will.
>Then when the smell of food gets too enticing (assuming Rin does not enter first), let's drag ourselves up to have some breakfast.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 02:28:04 AM »
>If we feel like lounging, let's lounge a little while longer; if we haven't earned it after yesterday, we never ever will.
>Then when the smell of food gets too enticing (assuming Rin does not enter first), let's drag ourselves up to have some breakfast.

>You do indeed feel like lounging a bit, and you very much have earned it. But something seems to be drawing your attention from the kitchen, something you can't quite put your finger on. Much as you'd enjoy a good lounge, your curiosity won't leave you alone until you investigate. So you pull yourself out of your bed and head towards your kitchen.
>It's much darker in your living room than it is in your room, and in your kitchen you find not Rin, but Patchouli Knowledge, staring at the pot of boiling water on the stove. Or rather, one of them. Every burner is occupied, every one boiling, the mage simply staring at the bubbling water.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 02:31:38 AM »
>Are we actually dressed well enough for company at the moment?
>If so: "Um... good morning?"

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 03:00:05 AM »
>Are we actually dressed well enough for company at the moment?
>If so: "Um... good morning?"

>You are presently clad in your Magical Lotus ensemble.
>The neophyte mage slowly twists her head to look at you. Her eyes are filled with a glowing blue light, and they gaze at you accusingly.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 03:14:00 AM »
>"Is there... something wrong?"

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 03:16:10 AM »
>"Is there... something wrong?"

>"You tried to hide it from me. To steal what's mine." The mage then violently jabs her hand into the nearest boiling pot. "You really have betrayed us, haven't you." she presses on, seemingly ignoring her now boiling hand.

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 03:29:33 AM »
>"No, of course I haven't! You know I wouldn't!"

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 03:39:34 AM »
>"No, of course I haven't! You know I wouldn't!"

>"You made your choice." Patchouli withdraws her dry hand from the boiling water, and there is a band of glowing blue energy around her middle finger, the same color as her eyes. "And you'd do the same to the others, too, wouldn't you, keep us all from what belongs to us."
>The door behind Patchy opens slowly, and you see five humanoid figures standing outside the door, their only visible features their glowing eyes. Red, White, Yellow, Green and Brown, the six glare at you with their different colored eyes, accusations in each one as severe as Patchouli's.

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 03:45:10 AM »
>"What is it I've taken from you?"

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 04:06:58 AM »
>"What is it I've taken from you?"

>"You would know, if you hadn't betrayed us."
>"But we don't need you anymore."
>"If you refuse us, then we will simply move forward without you."
>"It's your own fault. You had your chance, and you chose this."
>"I do wish it could have been different, but this is the road you chose for all of us."
>"We'll decide our future now."
>"You tried to take this from me." Patchy says after her comrades have had their say, pointing her powerband at you. "Try taking it now." The band flashes an intense light, a bolt of blue energy explodes out and flies at you like a bullet-

>And then you wake up in your bed.

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 04:16:30 AM »
>Sigh
>Hadn't we earned some better rest than this, after all we did last night?
>...not that last night was without its own rewards, either....

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2015, 04:28:13 AM »
>Sigh
>Hadn't we earned some better rest than this, after all we did last night?
>...not that last night was without its own rewards, either....

>No rest for the weary, or so they say.
>But on that front, your apartment is quiet now, bereft of either sound or smell coming from the kitchen. And the reason for this is the source of the only other sound in the room apart from your breathing: Orin, lying next to you, sleeping peacefully and with a big grin on her face. A cat's grin, if you'll pardon the expression.

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2015, 04:34:34 AM »
>Aww... let's just lie here besides her for a little while longer. There's no rush to greet the day just yet.

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 05:29:03 AM »
>Aww... let's just lie here besides her for a little while longer. There's no rush to greet the day just yet.

>The sight of the red-haired Kasha soothes your heart, so you lie back and relax, relishing the sensation of her warmth. The logical part of your mind wonders just how you got to this point. But logic doesn't always have much to do with matters of the heart. Once before you could have found yourself in this position, with another woman, another girl you care deeply before. But that night, you hesitated, as did she, worried about changing the relationship you had.
>You didn't hesitate last night. And now, after the 'deed' has been done- and the thought does make your cheeks flush a little red at the memory- you find none of the awkwardness you were afraid of the last time. Just peace, a kind of peace you've never felt before. You love this girl. This faithful, sincere, devoted girl. The word broadens your smile all the more. You love her.

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 05:40:22 AM »
>Indeed we do
>Rest until either Rin starts to stir or our desire to eat outgrows our desire to bask in the comfort of the bed. If this wins out while she's still asleep, try to get up as gently as possible to avoid waking her, and maybe we'll make breakfast for her for a change.

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 09:33:57 PM »
>Indeed we do
>Rest until either Rin starts to stir or our desire to eat outgrows our desire to bask in the comfort of the bed. If this wins out while she's still asleep, try to get up as gently as possible to avoid waking her, and maybe we'll make breakfast for her for a change.

>After some well deserved loafing on your part, Rin shows no obvious signs of waking, and your stomach has started to complain more pointedly about your body's lack of fuel. So as stealthily as you can, you slide out of your bed, slide on a robe, and head for the kitchen. You have to stifle a laugh at the sight the spoiled egg on the pan where Rin left it before being rather firmly sidetracked. Tidying that away, you start work on a more Yamato-style breakfast.
>Closer to the door, you now hear the sounds of activity coming from the yard below, a handful of voices, most of them familiar, belonging to your neighbors, but you swear you also recognize the voices of Kanako Yasaka and Sanae Kochiya.
>The sound of Rin yawning diverts your attention from pondering what those two would be doing here. The kasha emerges into the living room shortly thereafter, having tossed on an old T-shirt to cover herself, her hair still tangled and messy. "'morning..." she drawls drowsily.

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 09:41:08 PM »
>Bright smile
>"Good morning."

>How rare is this situation - Rin being the sleepy disheveled one while we're up tackling the day?

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 01:29:04 AM »
>How rare is this situation - Rin being the sleepy disheveled one while we're up tackling the day?

>It has never happened before. Even on the occasions you've been up first, Rin always takes care to present herself in a collected manner. She actually apologized the first couple of times it happened where you got up before her. This is the most casual you've ever seen Rin present herself. Or, perhaps, the most comfortable.

>Bright smile
>"Good morning."

>Rin sniffs the air experimentally, smelling the steaming rice and the cooking fish and smiling at the sensation. "Smells good."

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 01:35:17 AM »
>"Thanks. I figured it was about time I cooked you some breakfast for a change."
>Keep doing whatever prep work is needed

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2015, 01:49:38 AM »
>"Thanks. I figured it was about time I cooked you some breakfast for a change."
>Keep doing whatever prep work is needed

>"But-" Rin starts to protest, almost automatically, but she stops herself and smiles. "Well, if that's what you want. I'll grab a shower first, then?" At your nod, she heads into the bathroom as you start garnishing the miso. She pauses at the door, though, her ears twitching. "Mistress, I think someone's movin' in ta that empty apartment on the bottom floor."

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2015, 01:51:54 AM »
>"Oh, are they?"
>Is there a nearby window for us to go take a peek? If so, do so.

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2015, 01:57:11 AM »
>"Oh, are they?"
>Is there a nearby window for us to go take a peek? If so, do so.

>Rin nods. "I hear lots a talk like that, and I think I hear boxes movin'."
>You will need to open your front door to look down into the front yard.

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2015, 02:25:07 AM »
>In that case, let's leave curiosity aside from the moment and concentrate on breakfast. We can investigate once we're ready for the outside world.
>"Oh, well I shall have to go say hello later."

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 06:08:58 PM »
>In that case, let's leave curiosity aside from the moment and concentrate on breakfast. We can investigate once we're ready for the outside world.
>"Oh, well I shall have to go say hello later."

>First things first.
>Rin nods, the issue seemingly settled with her for now, and ducks into the bathroom, leaving you to attend to the rest of the meal preparations., which you finish by the time Rin emerges, herself now wrapped in her red and black robe. Weirdly, though, her face is deeply red, and her blush only deepens when she looks your way as you spoon up bowls of rice.

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 08:00:54 PM »
>Smile as we serve up breakfast
>"You're looking a little more awake."

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2015, 09:08:39 PM »
>Smile as we serve up breakfast
>"You're looking a little more awake."

>"Yeah, I uh..." Rin trails off, then clears her throat. Twice. "I got to, uh, thinkin'... rememberin', and, uh..."

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2015, 09:20:54 PM »
>"Please, don't feel uncomfortable with saying anything that you want to say - not with me."

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2015, 09:28:23 PM »
>"Please, don't feel uncomfortable with saying anything that you want to say - not with me."

>"I'm not uncomfortable!" Rin quickly protests. "I... I guess I'm...." Struggling for the right word, Rin eventually abandons that idea and asks, "Does this... change things? For you?"

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2015, 09:59:22 PM »
>"It doesn't have to change anything that you don't want it to. Though if it meant that I could kiss you again whenever the urge struck me, I think that would be nice."
>Grin a little
>"More seriously, the friendship and companionship that we've shared for all this time means a great deal to me, and isn't something I would want to lose. But right now I don't see why we cannot still have that and something even deeper. The you that I care about, the you that I wanted to kiss and hold against me last night is the same you that you were yesterday morning. However far you want this to go, I leave up to you - what would you like to happen?"