Author Topic: I can't get FM4, FM5, and FM6 channels to play on Neko Project II  (Read 1976 times)

blase6

This is annoying because I have tried every sound setting on NP2.

I am using M. Kajihara's PMD music tool-set on a hard drive image in NP2, which is what ZUN used to compose the audio for TH2-5. (http://www5.airnet.ne.jp/kajapon/tool.html) The "PMP" program can be used to directly play an audio file from the command line. I have a bunch of sound files which I have tested with PMP, and NP2 never plays the last three FM synthesis channels, no matter what settings I have tried.

This is because I am trying to record high-quality PC-98 music from an emulator, and I think that NP2 is the highest-quality PC-98 emulator.

Anyone know what to do?

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
Re: I can't get FM4, FM5, and FM6 channels to play on Neko Project II
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 08:09:42 AM »
First, what are your sound board settings? For Touhou generally you should use PC-9801-86.

Having said that, I suspect it's the way you're loading the PMD driver. I know that when I tried loading PMD.COM then ran MS the last two FM channels were missing. Try extracting PMD48O.COM and running the PMD86.COM instead, I suspect that will work (incidentally, what test files are you using? I need better ones).

blase6

Re: I can't get FM4, FM5, and FM6 channels to play on Neko Project II
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 04:03:44 AM »
Wow, it worked! Thanks.

I'm still a newbie to Neko Project II I guess.