Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 13)  (Read 61564 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 13)
« Reply #900 on: June 19, 2015, 01:53:49 AM »
Well it was worth a shot.

>"What more would you ask from a pitiful, powerless mouse such as me? You hold my life in the palm of your hand, great Yuuka. I do regret disturbing you, disturbing the peace of your life, disturbing this little peace of paradise that you have made for yourself. Know only that there was no choice. And if by any means I can make amends, ask it of me, and Nazrin will deliver as best as she can."

« Reply #901 on: June 19, 2015, 05:49:10 AM »
>"What more would you ask from a pitiful, powerless mouse such as me? You hold my life in the palm of your hand, great Yuuka. I do regret disturbing you, disturbing the peace of your life, disturbing this little peace of paradise that you have made for yourself. Know only that there was no choice. And if by any means I can make amends, ask it of me, and Nazrin will deliver as best as she can."

>"Eloquent," she says. "But it still lacks... conviction. Let me give you some more motivation."
>You feel something stab into your legs like a dozen tiny daggers. The vine around your torso constricts your ribs so forcefully that you can't help but cry out, and it does not let go.
>"Take as much time as you want. I can be very patient."

« Reply #902 on: June 22, 2015, 04:41:41 AM »
>Assuming we have breath enough to shout, "For god's sake, what do you want from me?! What else to you want me to say?"

« Reply #903 on: June 22, 2015, 05:06:29 AM »
>Assuming we have breath enough to shout, "For god's sake, what do you want from me?! What else to you want me to say?"

>You rasp out a shout of frustration amid the pain.
>"Oh, nothing in particular," Yuuka replies lightly, then her face splits into a devilish smile. "But I do enjoy watching you try!"

« Reply #904 on: June 22, 2015, 05:18:11 AM »
>Scowl. "Don't you have any heart at all?"

« Reply #905 on: June 22, 2015, 05:27:43 AM »
>Scowl. "Don't you have any heart at all?"

>"You were the one who offered to beg," she says, smile never wavering. "I just thought I'd make the experience feel more... authentic." The vines contract again.

« Reply #906 on: June 22, 2015, 09:49:01 PM »
>"You want to frighten me? I am frightened. You want to hear me say I'm powerless? I am, completely. How many more times do you want me to say I'm sorry?"

« Reply #907 on: June 23, 2015, 01:46:27 AM »
>"You want to frighten me? I am frightened. You want to hear me say I'm powerless? I am, completely. How many more times do you want me to say I'm sorry?"

>"That's a good expression! Cornered, afraid, and yet still defiant enough to rail against your lot. It's been a long time since I've seen that." The puncture wounds in your legs are starting to burn. "It takes surprisingly little to reduce someone to terrified weeping," she continues, walking slowly past your helpless form as you smother another wince. "A limb, a loved one, seeing all their decades of training defeated by a single gesture. Empty, hollow fear. But that isn't what I see on your face, even now. Oh, you curse me, curse the world, curse your own powerlessness, and yet you still haven't quite given up your resolve." She leans down and holds your gaze in her own, her eyes deep with age-old malice, but her smile surprisingly gentle. "You're a brave little mouse, aren't you?"
>You don't feel very brave right now.
>"I could break you, of course," she says lightly, as though she were discussing the weather. "I could ensure that every last moment of your life was spent in such pure agony that you'd only wish for death to claim you. But that seems like a terrible waste, don't you agree?" The vines around your chest make it difficult to draw enough breath to respond, even were you not gritting your teeth against the searing in your legs. "As it so happens, I have no desire to kill you. You've been a polite enough intruder that I'm willing to give you a chance to redeem yourself ? a chance, even, to gain the very thing you came here seeking. Are you interested?"

« Reply #908 on: June 23, 2015, 02:23:00 AM »
>"At the risk of stating the obvious, yes. Very."

« Reply #909 on: June 23, 2015, 02:57:08 AM »
>"At the risk of stating the obvious, yes. Very."

>It is difficult to speak properly at the moment, but you do your best.
>"Splendid!" Were it not for the past few minutes, you could even believe that smile was genuine. But the vines do slacken enough to catch your breath.
>"This garden is the most beautiful that has ever been, but it is still incomplete. There are still flowers that belong here, and yet are not. I want you to bring me one of them."

« Reply #910 on: June 23, 2015, 03:19:33 AM »
>"That's actually up my alley. I am a Seeker after all. Did you have a specific one in mind, or is it more a 'Any of the above'?"

« Reply #911 on: June 23, 2015, 03:27:55 AM »
>"That's actually up my alley. I am a Seeker after all. Did you have a specific one in mind, or is it more a 'Any of the above'?"

>Yuuka regards with amusement for a moment - lacking even the cruel undertones that you've come to expect from her smile - though you can't imagine why.
>"Any I do not possess would be fine, but I shall spare us both some time and give you a suggestion: a lunar orchid."

« Reply #912 on: June 23, 2015, 03:44:26 AM »
>Presumably we've never heard of that one?

« Reply #913 on: June 23, 2015, 03:47:08 AM »
>Presumably we've never heard of that one?

>It doesn't ring a bell.

« Reply #914 on: June 23, 2015, 03:48:32 AM »
>"I don't think I've heard of that one."

« Reply #915 on: June 23, 2015, 04:17:37 AM »
>"I don't think I've heard of that one."

>"A pity, though I am not surprised. It is an exquisite blossom that glows softly in the moonlight with the light of the moon itself, but you would not find it growing in the wild should you scour every corner of the world. Though in your condition, I should think you would rather not have to do that, yes?" She smiles pleasantly.

« Reply #916 on: June 23, 2015, 04:56:03 AM »
>"Not if I had any choice."

« Reply #917 on: June 23, 2015, 04:59:11 AM »
>"Not if I had any choice."

>"And fortunately, you do!" she offers lightly. You'd almost think she cared. "I can tell you exactly where such a rare and precious flower can be found, and that is in the inner gardens of Eientei, demesne of a certain Kaguya Horaisan. I do trust you've heard of her?"

« Reply #918 on: June 23, 2015, 05:13:35 AM »
>"Her, I know. Well not personally, but I've heard of her."
>Beats being sent half way across the world. But do we have the time now to make it back there and then back here to Yuuka's before we run out of time.

« Reply #919 on: June 23, 2015, 05:17:06 AM »
>"Her, I know. Well not personally, but I've heard of her."
>Beats being sent half way across the world. But do we have the time now to make it back there and then back here to Yuuka's before we run out of time.

>"Good."
>That is a very good question. Conservatively, that's at least another week's traveling and probably more. Given how you've been feeling these past few days, you have significant concerns about what shape you'll be in by that point.

« Reply #920 on: June 23, 2015, 05:30:03 AM »
>"What I don't know, though, is whether or not she's willing to deal for this sort of item. Am I going to need to steal this flower?"

« Reply #921 on: June 23, 2015, 05:37:59 AM »
>"What I don't know, though, is whether or not she's willing to deal for this sort of item. Am I going to need to steal this flower?"

>"That is your own business," she says. "I don't care if you buy it or steal it or take it by force, just so long as you bring it to me intact. I'm sure you understand the nuances of your little societies far better than I do."

« Reply #922 on: June 23, 2015, 05:41:38 AM »
>"So you never dealt with her before you came out here?"
>"Actually, would the seeds be acceptable if I can't get the flower itself?"

« Reply #923 on: June 23, 2015, 06:18:42 AM »
>"So you never dealt with her before you came out here?"
>"Actually, would the seeds be acceptable if I can't get the flower itself?"

>"We have never met."
>"That is also fine, though it produces seeds only rarely. If you can manage to find some, be my guest."

« Reply #924 on: June 23, 2015, 05:52:28 PM »
>"Good. Options are always good when you're trying to make a deal with someone."
>"So, if you've never met her, how do you know this flower grows in her gardens?"

« Reply #925 on: June 23, 2015, 09:46:44 PM »
>"Good. Options are always good when you're trying to make a deal with someone."
>"So, if you've never met her, how do you know this flower grows in her gardens?"

>"Do you really need everything spelled out for you?" Yuuka replies in irritation. "You'd never met me, and yet somehow you're still here."
>The profuse stinging in your legs is really very distracting by this point; you even think your legs are starting to tremble, despite being mostly held in place.

« Reply #926 on: June 23, 2015, 10:06:18 PM »
>"Sorry! Sorry. I just like to know as much as I can about a job! I want to do it right, whatever I get asked to find."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #927 on: June 23, 2015, 10:12:54 PM »
I'm pretty sure she's just trying to send us off to die elsewhere. It'd take a week to get back and then a week to return.

We need to be paid upfront.

« Reply #928 on: June 23, 2015, 10:14:07 PM »
I agree. At least with the 'give us what we need first' part. But I'm hoping that she releases us from these vines before we start negociating that part.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #929 on: June 23, 2015, 10:15:12 PM »
She kind of has to give you what you want up-front, because it's impossible for you to get her what she wants otherwise.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"