Author Topic: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.02  (Read 220584 times)

Third Man

• "Let's pretend to be someone else"
  • "And then continue shitposting!"
Re: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2013, 09:42:04 PM »
Okay, this is hell yes. I may have to get Diablo 2 just for this mod.

One question, though: what is PlugY, and why is it needed?

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2013, 11:04:28 PM »
it's an inventory management thing that also shows you a lot of hidden stats, like magic find and stuff. gives you extra stash tabs as well, and a shared stab.
it's also not needed.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Third Man

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2013, 01:43:29 AM »
Side areas of the world are now high level dungeons in homage to the Touhou games. The best rewards can only be found in these areas. If you play with PlugY, the mod has its own setting embedded and makes use of the pandemonium events for extra side dungeons.

This makes me think the mod has dungeons you can only get to if you have PlugY.

Where can I get PlugY, anyways?

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2013, 02:53:46 AM »
google is your friend.
Sugoiiii~

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2013, 05:48:58 AM »
The side dungeons you can access via PlugY don't give much towards the game other than stuff for you to kill. If you want the challenge, they're there for that.

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2013, 09:42:28 AM »
Oh man. I'm not a huge fan of Diablo, but I'll have to give this a shot.

Third Man

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2013, 06:59:02 PM »
The side dungeons you can access via PlugY don't give much towards the game other than stuff for you to kill. If you want the challenge, they're there for that.

I like that sort of thing. Probably gonna find PlugY, too, then.

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2013, 06:06:14 AM »
So what builds are people running?

I'm trying a Patchi-Mari-Letty Fairy, just because it's close to the Frost Sorc builds I used to play.  (Patchi-Letty-Iku got skipped because I never liked the damage range of lightning.)  Letty's frost spiral, besides taking a while to get used to, is nice, especially if you move and spam.  I'm also looking for a Bow Miko build, which means Eirin.

I"m happy to see that the skills aren't just renamed core D2 abilities.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2013, 06:31:14 AM »
running a warlock, max lower resists for hina, max blazing wheel+golem synergy for rin, and max miasma (poison element frost orb) for yamame. sitting at like 10k dps miasma, which is actually relevant with lower resists. even phantasm enemies crumple if I can break their resists. 11 blazing wheels also help destroy anything that isn't fire immune, but I can't break the fire resist on fallen so :VVVVVVV
Sugoiiii~

« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2013, 01:13:30 PM »
Hina/Yamame/Orin Warlock (lower resist+miasma until something dies -> pain flow+vengeful cannibal spirit until everything dies, optionally blazing wheel until everything not fire immune is wtfbbqowned)
Iku/Mokou/Pachy Fairy, will craft mana shield for this one and have a silly melee hybrid.
Sakuya/Suika/Mystia Brawler dual wielding Marisa-Ze runewords for maximum master spark, Mystia songs for more mana, primarily.
Eirin/Reimu/Sanae Miko Eirin for killing stuff, Reimu for dodge and ESC, Sanae for Kanako.
and a low level CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!

I still want a Yuyu/Komachi Warlock, Aya/Shizuha Hermit, Nitori/Yuuka(or Shizuha again?) Hermit and a Momiji. So many wants so little time ;~;

One of the coolest thing in this mod is items that can proc Scythe of Final Judgement on striking, it basically makes any melee character with high weapon damage wreck literally everything!   :getdown:
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

achicken

• A Random Chicken Passing By
  • Das Nunstuck Git Und Slotermeyer
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2013, 03:10:54 PM »
... I just got killed when I went cave exploring and ended up in The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, and will probably avoid all those named areas until I get a lot better. Are those things supposed to be post-game stuff or something?

Also, is there a Hakutaku Level? :3

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2013, 03:26:25 PM »
There may or may not be a Cirno's Perfect Maths Class.

« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2013, 04:02:02 PM »
I'm running a  Flandre/Tenshi/Yorihime Kensei, mainly using Flandre with splashing Yorihime for enchants/passive and Tenshi for the 16 second stun wave.
Most enemies get one-shotted or permastunned to death.

Also, what does the catfish eye do? "level 1 badass aura"? Is it a joke item?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2013, 04:31:02 PM »
It's not a joke item. You equip it and gain an aura of badassness. Enemies will fear you so much when you walk among them with it.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2013, 04:54:45 PM »
I'm running a pure Yuuka right now since she has pretty much everything she needs except a left button skill.

Yuuka's main perks are survivability and not really having any mana problems. Her armor and shield provide tons of defense, and she gets crazy HP steal off of Reflowering. Garden is super powerful now, she can cast it, run away, and the crowd of mooks will kill themselves hitting it.

She doesn't do so well against bosses though since all her skills are crowd control - Snowdrop is the go-to skill here, but it takes time to work.

I'll have to look into the viability of grabbing Aya's fan passive to use as a weapon instead, otherwise I guess I'll just keep using medium swords.

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2013, 04:44:22 AM »
I've tried this out up to part of act 2, and it's very cute, but two things are driving me nuts...

First, I keep getting hit with super-bad curses after killing ordinary enemies. Like, every 10 kills often. I don't remember ever seeing such bad effects in vanilla normal difficulty, let alone from plain white enemies. Stuff like being completely frozen in place. (Not cold, looks like -90% attack/movement speed or something) Makes it so to beat any bosses I have to keep making sure I don't hit regular enemies, because if I kill them, I get totally stuck VERY often.

Secondly, the enormous range of item types makes it way too hard to find anything I can actually use. After making this far and not having any sort of decent chest/gloves/boots for my classes (Marisa/Letty), I spent 20 minutes opening and closing the gamble window and STILL haven't seen the correct types for my class. I don't know if they even exist?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 04:57:54 AM by Goldom »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2013, 05:09:36 AM »
All going as planned. The mod isn't going to make the game any easier than the vanilla for you.

The items section of the documentation lists what's avaialble for each class. I'm sure you definitely have seen the right gear in the gamble menu but didn't know that it was for your class.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2013, 05:14:42 AM »
Secondly, the enormous range of item types makes it way too hard to find anything I can actually use. After making this far and not having any sort of decent chest/gloves/boots for my classes (Marisa/Letty), I spent 20 minutes opening and closing the gamble window and STILL haven't seen the correct types for my class. I don't know if they even exist?

It's obnoxious yes, but the system is built around it so there's not much that can be done about it at this point. Diablo 2 doesn't have enough shop space for all the different items.

Winter Cape is Letty armor. The only Fairy-specific gloves/boots are Phoenix Fist and Immortal Boots, respectively (both Mokou items). You can either try to gamble ones with Snow/Danmaku bonuses on them, or just get generic equips in those slots.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2013, 05:19:04 AM »
More item variety may be available in future patches.

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2013, 05:49:42 AM »
All going as planned. The mod isn't going to make the game any easier than the vanilla for you.

Not saying it should, I just have no understanding why killing plain, unenchanted enemies is causing random curses. Is this something that happens in the regular game now? I haven't played since 1.08 or something, but I don't recall curses just happening out of the blue like that.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2013, 05:53:40 AM »
It's simply the addition of retaliation to make the game harder.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
  • LaserMari is not difficult ~☆
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2013, 06:43:44 AM »
Played through all of Act 1 and a bit into Act 2 so far. (I already miss my ordinary magician :qq:)

I keep getting hit with super-bad curses after killing ordinary enemies. Like, every 10 kills often. I don't remember ever seeing such bad effects in vanilla normal difficulty, let alone from plain white enemies. Stuff like being completely frozen in place. (Not cold, looks like -90% attack/movement speed or something)
None of those effects were in the vanilla game, and I agree that the slow debuff is extremely annoying. That's honestly the only one I have come across so far that, in particular, seems really unfair. Not the debuff itself, but the amount of slow. It reminds me of being frozen in D3. Both in particular aren't very fun when you aren't able to do anything while everyone rapes your face. Attack speed debuff is alright, but the movement speed thing is a problem. (and I rolled a bow with very fast and normal attack speed at the time too)

There's another difficult one I've come across that drops your health as long as it lasts above you. It's fair in it's ability to kick your ass, but I don't know if this scales with your hp yet (seems like it does). I don't personally like what it does, but I do like that so far it's pretty solid and is very efficient at what it does.

What struck me as weird was the one that supposedly stops you from using magic attacks? I got hit with it in the large room right before story mode Flandre. I was using Light Blast and when it casts the vanilla necromancer skill (yeah, I noticed that :3), it seems like it casts several dozen times per second and the sound cuts out every other sound effect while it happens. I think what you intended it to do was stop the ability to cast spells, and that's totally cool (it doesn't last that long, and I can run away while I can't attack), but the casting problem creates lag and dropped my frame rate by at least a dozen. Maybe want to look into that?

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2013, 06:56:22 AM »
I'm fairly sure that's all intentional. There's also one that lowers your stats fairly significantly, and in Diablo where it's 'oh this lets me equip that and this lets me equip that' that's pretty fatal.
it's all intentional. Pesco introduced a debuff retalation system to making things interesting, especially for summonmancers who sorta just walk over everything.
Sugoiiii~

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2013, 06:58:53 AM »
Frost Raven ring in regular D2 would prevent you to get frozen. I think some magic rings also rolled that mod.

Not quite sure how it is in Reimu II :V

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
  • LaserMari is not difficult ~☆
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2013, 07:46:15 AM »
I'm fairly sure that's all intentional.
I know all the stat debuffs are intentional. I haven't come across the one that drops stats yet (or if I have, I didn't notice them). If that was in vanilla, I would have played SO much differently haha.

Frost Raven ring in regular D2 would prevent you to get frozen.
That is true. There were a few other items that did this as well if I remember correctly, but um..
D3
xD Yeah. Frozen in D3 works completely different from D2. It solidly freezes you instead of slowing you down.

Anyway, slowing down in D2 was a pretty annoying thing, but it didn't have as much slowdown as the slow debuff currently does. I'll have to play more and see if there's any items to counter it.

« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2013, 08:46:52 AM »
A lot of movespeed seems to work pretty well. You can get a large chunk for free by grabbing a weapon with the Eirin runeword that has + Butterfly Dream Pill.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2013, 09:42:07 AM »
When you thought you couldn't cast spells and it drags the sound a lot? That's your cast speed getting nuked.

Retaliation debuffs are:

Debuff stats
Debuff regen
Debuff speeds
Debuff grind
Debuff resists
Debuff points

At most, you'll only ever find 4 of them on one kind of enemy. Per enemy on Normal 15% chance to spawn with a debuff retaliation skill and then 15% chance for it to proc. These spawn and proc chances increase each difficulty. In my playtests you only encounter them on average twice per mob on Normal. The debuff duration scales with enemy level and caps out at around 20 seconds. The size of the debuff is random between 50 and 100%. Most bosses don't have these retaliation debuffs.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:49:36 AM by Pesco »

« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2013, 02:52:32 PM »
Debuffs are fine, to compensate you get stronger skills than vanilla, insane versatility with runewords and crafting, and overpowered items!

Thought the speed debuffs are frustrating at times I agree, something that is good is that the cast speed debuff doesn't affect teleport style spells, so you retain some mobility if you have boots of travel or play as Mokou, Sakuya or Orin or even the Ri+N runeword IIRC (I can only 100% confirm that this is true for Cat Walk though).
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2013, 06:57:32 PM »

Can I stop playing this game now, Pesco?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2013, 07:03:55 PM »
Needs Infinity Ring and Catfish Eye.