Author Topic: UNIVEEEERRRRSE! ~ Haganai NEXT Thread  (Read 25925 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
UNIVEEEERRRRSE! ~ Haganai NEXT Thread
« on: January 11, 2013, 12:30:37 PM »

Spoiler:
Don't mind me, just posting the best girl.

So! The harem anime which surprised the crap out of everyone by being very much unlike your typical harem anime has just started its second season. Given the way the last season ended, I was pretty much convinced that there was really nothing more they could do with the story. Just as Arakawa Under the Bridge resolved itself in one season and then had a second season of pointless nonsense, I feared Haganai would do the same.

Boy was I wrong. This show continues to deliver. I think there's hope for the Winter 2013 season yet.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
Re: UNIVEEEERRRRSE! ~ Haganai NEXT Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 03:23:59 PM »

Spoiler:
You posted the wrong girl as the best.

Watched it as soon as it got posted yesterday. It owns serious bones. So excited for this season.

Tengukami

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 02:52:11 PM »

Now that's an interesting description. I was pretty surprised to see Rika participating in bullying Sena; she normally hangs back and just watches those two fight each other. But I think she may have been just interested in creating a "heap" for purely scientific purposes.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 03:40:40 PM »
Now that's an interesting description. I was pretty surprised to see Rika participating in bullying Sena; she normally hangs back and just watches those two fight each other. But I think she may have been just interested in creating a "heap" for purely scientific purposes.
Probably, or maybe she was just bored. I will admit that while her old look didn't really click with me, her new look with her hair down and no glasses is excellent. I approve

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 03:01:08 AM »
Asdfgh why am I still in here

I loved Haganai until it got to the shitty statu quo ending with a slight hint and a second season. Ever since the actual announcement of the second season I'm hype for it, because Sora.

I want to avoid spoilers at all costs, but can anyone tell me if they managed to stick to the Buriki looks? I read something a couple hours ago that the art style was different, I wouldn't want that.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 04:05:33 AM »
I loved Haganai until it got to the shitty statu quo ending with a slight hint and a second season.
everything about the show owns including the ending.

Sora.
get out

I want to avoid spoilers at all costs, but can anyone tell me if they managed to stick to the Buriki looks? I read something a couple hours ago that the art style was different, I wouldn't want that.
There's a screen cap up there, it looks pretty much the same???

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 07:33:40 AM »
Must watch first season

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 07:48:02 AM »
There's a screen cap up there, it looks pretty much the same???
It's a little different, but not by much.
http://seventhstyle.com/2012/11/27/haganai-character-artwork-comparison/

JT

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 10:50:40 PM »

Sorry guys, I'm with Vic on this. Can't Beat Dat Meat.? Long hair and big titties gets my vote any day of the week.

Anyway, a couple of friends and I watched S1 a while back, shortly after it first aired, and we were pleasantly surprised with it. I should be giving this a look in the near future.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 10:53:30 PM »
Can't Beat Dat Meat.?

I almost watched the first season while it was on just because of that character design, but I ended up not having enough time. You all seem to have liked it, so I'll toss it onto the backlog for early this season.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 11:04:20 PM »
everything about the show owns including the ending.
[JanaSpoilers]
Spoiler:
oh hey so we were childhood friends like a motherfucker and we're closer than it gets, fuckit let's continue to pretend we just met
No, it sucks.

get out
No

It's a little different, but not by much.
http://seventhstyle.com/2012/11/27/haganai-character-artwork-comparison/
Thanks!
                                                                                   .

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 04:19:06 AM »
Sorry guys, I'm with Vic on this. Can't Beat Dat Meat.? Long hair and big titties gets my vote any day of the week.
Normally I'm not into long hair at all, but I just love her hair and also the butterfly clip.  Sena's breasts are S-tier.

[JanaSpoilers]
Spoiler:
oh hey so we were childhood friends like a motherfucker and we're closer than it gets, fuckit let's continue to pretend we just met
No, it sucks.
No wrong, this part owns because Yozora sucks.

No
Did you not see the sign that said "MEAT Appreciation Station"? Probably not because there isn't one.  Let me break it down:

Sena
  • Hotter
  • Tig ol' bitties
  • Plays eroge "for the story" (she wants the H scenes)
  • Otaku
  • Total siscon (if you're into that sort of thing [I'm not but it's a selling point for others])
Yozora
  • Bitch

The choice is clear :colbert:

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 04:29:15 AM »
I really, really don't get the plain obsession for the one character made to have every shitty trait a weaboo would love without thinking twi- oh, right.
                                                                                   .

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 04:39:34 AM »
I really, really don't get the plain obsession for the one character made to have every shitty trait a weaboo would love without thinking twi- oh, right.
yeah it's called "moe" look around it's everywhere.

i love when she runs out of the room crying and screaming aka every episode

For anyone on the fence and not swayed into interest by my poorly written posts, this is a show comprised entirely of cookie-cutter anime archetype characters without much originality, similar to Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu; and just like Baka Test, the sum of this show is far greater than the sum of its parts.  It's worth watching solely for the Yozora v Sena fighting throughout every episode.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 04:55:46 AM »
Eh, I like the whole Yozora and Kodaka thing. You know, the actual plot.
Would be very fun if they developed that further and did less Sena Kobato pedophile attack scenes.

Also nothing against Sena, I like her too, just the fanboyism fits everywhere are hitting 2007 console wars levels, and it's pretty shit.
                                                                                   .

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 05:14:08 AM »
Actually, after comparing the art from the two seasons, there's one major change that sticks out.

Their lips.

In the first season all the girls had these amazingly thin pink lips and it drove me up the wall because I had never seen it done before, and for the first few episodes I was focused on them.  With the more traditional style in seaosn 2 their lips have finally gone back to the usual anime non-existent style.

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 05:28:26 AM »
damn Sena lips were best :<

pineyappled

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 05:36:30 AM »
Season one designs look a lot better TBH. New ones just come off as lazy and budget-saving.
Yozora-
  • not shit
The choice is clear :colbert:

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 10:05:34 PM »
Actually, after comparing the art from the two seasons, there's one major change that sticks out.

Their lips.

In the first season all the girls had these amazingly thin pink lips and it drove me up the wall because I had never seen it done before, and for the first few episodes I was focused on them.  With the more traditional style in seaosn 2 their lips have finally gone back to the usual anime non-existent style.

THIS SO MUCH, MY BIGGEST FUCKING GRIPE HOW DARE YOU ERASE YUKIMURA'S LIPS.
IT MADE HER DIFFERENT FROM OTHER TRAPS
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 11:05:06 PM »
Hm, the lips are pretty much Buriki's signature too, shame they dropped that
                                                                                   .

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 07:26:50 PM »

this episode
my sides are limitless as the universe

Quote from: this thread
best girl argument

ahem

Tengukami

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 07:35:29 PM »

I shout-laughed when I saw this last night, scaring the cats.

Also:

Quote from: this thread
best girl arugment
ahem

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 02:49:42 AM »
The lips were back in a few scenes in this episode. So not surprised that Rika's glasses served a fetish purpose.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 05:22:27 AM »
So not surprised that Rika's glasses served a fetish purpose.

They did their job very well.

danna45

• Ponytail Fetishist
  • It's only Ice Carz
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 06:16:32 AM »
I like Rika's new appearance more...does that make me a sinner?

pineyappled

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 06:41:36 AM »
Yes.

danna45

• Ponytail Fetishist
  • It's only Ice Carz
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 11:37:49 AM »
Considering my ponytail fetish, I SHOULD be liking her old appearance more...but this new hairstyle of hers is just....*dies of moe overload*

I used to hate Yozora, but her new hairstyle makes her look better imo.

and Kate(Maria's sis) is just damn...*nosebleed*

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 11:39:42 AM »
Sena
  • Hotter
  • Tig ol' bitties
  • Plays eroge "for the story" (she wants the H scenes)
  • Otaku
  • Total siscon (if you're into that sort of thing [I'm not but it's a selling point for others])
Dude, why are you listing only negatives? Aside from the first one, but that's just an opinion everyone knows to be false.
btw, go look up the definition of siscon again.

danna45

• Ponytail Fetishist
  • It's only Ice Carz
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 04:31:04 PM »
Dude, why are you listing only negatives? Aside from the first one, but that's just an opinion everyone knows to be false.
btw, go look up the definition of siscon again.
Whaddya mean 'negatives'? They're 120% positives! Especially the last one...

Although someone should add 'perverted stalker' to that list. Because that's a new selling point of hers...

Also, for the preview for the third episode, did anyone see Kodaka and Sena kissing? Yay, my dream ship comes true...
Spoiler:
not really, since the light novels still hasn't resolved that, I'm sure it wouldn't be resolved here so early in the anime.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 11:37:31 AM »

The problem with watching anime when everyone's asleep... not being able to laugh out loud.
I'm pretty sure there's a fine layer of spit-take on my desk right now. 
Spoiler:
Especially after Kodaka went back to Sena's place.

I can't believe I put this series off for so long...  I started back when season 1 was airing but had to put it on hold.  I remember loving episode 3 because of the development between the characters, but episode 4 scared me because they added 3 new characters and I really wanted to see the limited interactions between Kodaka, Sena, and Yozora.  The sub group I was following basically "dropped" the show right there and I promply forgot about it until I saw this thread a few days ago and decided to marathon it.
I loved it. ;-;

It'll be nice to keep up with everyone else and not worry about hitting spoilers for a change...  I usually wait until an anime is done airing and watch it in one go because I feel like I forget everything between episodes (especially names).