Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE  (Read 221873 times)

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE
« Reply #540 on: January 03, 2013, 12:48:46 AM »
I managed to get Spacesphere "Earth in a Pot" Lunatic thanks to my Synnae! :toot:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=26194
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmDD6YDwvMg
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

« Reply #541 on: January 03, 2013, 02:45:30 AM »
And go beat Naut or ASP's score if you need an even bigger challenge ;3

« Reply #542 on: January 03, 2013, 03:49:52 AM »
GFW Lunatic C-2 1cc. So yeah I got this with no prior GFW Lunatic experience in like 2 or so hours, with breaks of course. It's a pretty lame game to clear once you figure out what to do. Farm stuff for resources. No dodging required.

chum

« Reply #543 on: January 03, 2013, 06:22:39 AM »
GFW Lunatic C-2 1cc. So yeah I got this with no prior GFW Lunatic experience in like 2 or so hours, with breaks of course. It's a pretty lame game to clear once you figure out what to do. Farm stuff for resources. No dodging required.

Try scoring then. Very fun to use bombs for freezing rather than as a defensive measure. The game doesn't shit in your face just because you die accidentally a few times, either (as long as you actually finish with 1000% moto)

« Reply #544 on: January 03, 2013, 08:40:03 AM »
(Now since the actual best Touhou game is obviously MS,

You forgot the D. :V
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #545 on: January 03, 2013, 09:44:47 AM »
You forgot the D. :V
That's because it had too many mistakes to be worth posting outside the high score thread. In fact, it was already replaced by an E. I'm hoping for an F in the future.

« Reply #546 on: January 03, 2013, 09:58:39 AM »
That's because it had too many mistakes to be worth posting outside the high score thread. In fact, it was already replaced by an E. I'm hoping for an F in the future.

I ment you forgot the D in MSD. :V

Youtube

Tumblr

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #547 on: January 03, 2013, 10:32:06 AM »
MSD? What exactly is that again? (searches) Oh, it's one (two?) of those Touhou fan games that doesn't even play like a Touhou game, that I think I saw in Jaimers' uploads earlier. I've tried a few games of that style, and never really found them enjoyable compared to the style of the official Touhou games, so I'll have to agree with Zengeku, UFO is better.

« Reply #548 on: January 03, 2013, 10:37:16 AM »
Jaimers said that it was the best Touhou game and what he says goes. :V

Youtube

Tumblr

« Reply #549 on: January 03, 2013, 11:45:46 AM »
Streamed some DS and got a 171.42 of 12-6 :3
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Maribel Hearn

• TD scorer
    • Portal
« Reply #550 on: January 03, 2013, 12:18:42 PM »
I managed to get Spacesphere "Earth in a Pot" Lunatic thanks to my Synnae! :toot:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=26194
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmDD6YDwvMg

I just recently captured that spell too! ;P I might upload my capture to youtube later. Currently I've captured 212/222 IN spells (95.04%). I only have Keine, Reimu and Reisen's  Last Spell on Lunatic (also Hard for Reisen), Hourai Elixir Lunatic, Imperishable Shooting and Alice, Mokou, EX Keine and Yukari's LWs left to do. I still have to unlock all of these except Hourai Elixir.

« Reply #551 on: January 03, 2013, 02:54:22 PM »
MSD? What exactly is that again? (searches) Oh, it's one (two?) of those Touhou fan games that doesn't even play like a Touhou game, that I think I saw in Jaimers' uploads earlier. I've tried a few games of that style, and never really found them enjoyable compared to the style of the official Touhou games, so I'll have to agree with Zengeku, UFO is better.

That type of shmup isn't actually being portrayed optimally by MSD, you'd have to look into non-fan games like Mushihimesama Futari which is an infinitely better game than MSD. While on the topic I'll say that games like these do offer considerably better stage portions than official Touhou games they also have rather lackluster boss fights compared to Touhou which is exactly why it doesn't really make sense to compare the two.

UFO is just the objectively better game though as it not only rewards you for actually doing well on the bosses but also forces you to instead of just bombing/hypering the living hell out of them like you do in MSD on anything above Moderate. Not saying that MSD Extreme patterns are impossible but from what I can see you are from a scoring perspective better off bombing and hypering them so you can get pointblanking on the bosses etc. giving you pretty much zero incentive to actually dodge all the patterns unlike most Caves games or most Touhou games, which if true would just be plain fail.

EDIT: Remember, best Touhou design: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IJIZkwyVrU
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:23:36 PM by Zengeku »

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
« Reply #552 on: January 03, 2013, 05:35:46 PM »
My SA Normal 1cc is now on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3UoHyialOQ

The commentary is not in closed captions this time around. I also apologise for the small delay.

« Reply #553 on: January 03, 2013, 09:06:07 PM »
My SA Normal 1cc is now on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3UoHyialOQ

The commentary is not in closed captions this time around. I also apologise for the small delay.

For a second I thought it'd be narrated. :getdown: Good job.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #554 on: January 03, 2013, 10:19:31 PM »
I agree with Zengeku. I might fail at UFO, but it's an official Touhou game. Magical Singular Day isn't Touhou-style at all, and I prefer Touhou-style to Cave-style games any day of the week (Hellsinker being the only exception). Magical Singular Day might be fun to people who want to memorize scoring paths and stuff, but I don't find scoring to be fun at all. And I prefer to actually, you know, DODGE! If you want a good Touhou shmup fangame with Touhou-style gameplay, you want something like Concealed the Conclusion or Marine Benefit.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:21:03 PM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #555 on: January 03, 2013, 11:01:30 PM »
Also, on the topic of fangames, there's always Phantasmagoria Trues. Better scoring mechanics than MSD and more polished difficulty too. Not Marine Benefit, that fails.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #556 on: January 03, 2013, 11:20:15 PM »
Damn it, you're right with Phantasmagoria Trues. I can't believe I forgot it!
Maybe because I don't play it enough and can't even beat Standard (damn it, Area 5! I hate you and your stupid maze thing!).
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #557 on: January 03, 2013, 11:38:36 PM »
Well, this was quite unexpected...
TD Extra stage clear !
That makes all of Windows games Extras cleared  :toot:

Not much to say on this one, I just did a few attempts as a breather from EoSD lunatic, and here we are.
Thanks to Zil for his replay of Stupid Miko. I still didn't capture it, but at least I saved enough resources to bombspam the survival card as usual  :3

(damn it, Area 5! I hate you and your stupid maze thing!).
Couldn't agree more.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #558 on: January 04, 2013, 12:07:04 AM »
You know you can't really say a scoring system sucks when you're not actually playing the game the way you're supposed to.

Meaning actually using the hyper cancel to keep the rank at level 10 and make the bullets move at lightning speed. It's a really, really fun system.

but I don't find scoring to be fun at all. And I prefer to actually, you know, DODGE!

What does this even mean.

« Reply #559 on: January 04, 2013, 12:27:41 AM »
Where are the superplays?  :3

Maybe because I don't play it enough and can't even beat Standard (damn it, Area 5! I hate you and your stupid maze thing!).

Okay, so first off that stage is not that hard people. Memorization is your friend. And you don't even need a lot of it. And cut down a bit on the scoring if you are struggling to stay alive. The stages are very simple if you keep the rank low. Plus the game gives you a near infinite supply of lives so just use your bombs and you'll be fine.

« Reply #560 on: January 04, 2013, 01:47:46 AM »
1cc'd MS Hard on first try. :toot:

« Reply #561 on: January 04, 2013, 07:31:04 AM »
UFO Stage 2 Lunatic NMNBNUFO. Cannot believe this happened on a random practice run before bed. Kogasa's such a bitch, but I'll definitely take my small victory over her today.

« Reply #562 on: January 04, 2013, 01:59:46 PM »
Nice job. You'll soon realize that she is a lovely bitch that you want to spend all of your heart and free time with and keep fighting her over and over again. The safespot will become second nature for you and you'll eventually start getting NMNBs on her every time.

« Reply #563 on: January 04, 2013, 05:43:57 PM »
MoF Normal NFNB and I even got 4 okuus to show for it :3
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #564 on: January 04, 2013, 08:31:38 PM »
Finally got my butt off the couch and tried EoSD (well actually I was still on the couch but you know)
Either vpatch made it all trivial or I'm suddenly borderline decent at Touhou. At any rate I did stuff I wouldn't have dreamt of doing. Capture all of Patchouli's spells (ReimuB), capture all of Sakuya's attacks but Killing Doll (nonspells included), actually capturing Remilia's first three spells and others like that.
Too bad I haven't so far managed to combine all those captures in a single run. Best I've gotten in that regard is perfect game up until Meiling's last nonspell. Eh.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #565 on: January 04, 2013, 09:39:16 PM »
Finally got my butt off the couch and tried EoSD (well actually I was still on the couch but you know)
Either vpatch made it all trivial or I'm suddenly borderline decent at Touhou. At any rate I did stuff I wouldn't have dreamt of doing. Capture all of Patchouli's spells (ReimuB), capture all of Sakuya's attacks but Killing Doll (nonspells included), actually capturing Remilia's first three spells and others like that.
Too bad I haven't so far managed to combine all those captures in a single run. Best I've gotten in that regard is perfect game up until Meiling's last nonspell. Eh.
Sometimes you have those days where everything is right in the world. Clear Lunatic today.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #566 on: January 04, 2013, 10:22:12 PM »
Sometimes you have those days where everything is right in the world. Clear Lunatic today.
Here in Belgium it's nearly midnight - I may be able to squeeze in one more attempt...

« Reply #567 on: January 04, 2013, 10:30:59 PM »

I used to be really good at morning when I didn't sleep enough (or didn't sleep at all) and drank some hot coffee. It was in one of these occasions I got my first Lunatic 1cc.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #568 on: January 04, 2013, 10:39:39 PM »
I used to be really good at morning when I didn't sleep enough (or didn't sleep at all) and drank some hot coffee. It was in one of these occasions I got my first Lunatic 1cc.
Now that you say it, I got all of my lunatic 1cc's so far in the morning...
After doing stage 1 and 2 without bombs keyboard ghosting sends me straight into one of those fluffballs at the beginning of 3. God dammit. One more try and then I'm done, will probably get it in the morning.
EDIT: Nah, screw this BS. I'm falling asleep behind the steering wheel, I usually am asleep at 10 o' clock. This is futile.
Mark my words though: tomorrow morning this game shall fall. No excuses.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:47:49 PM by SirChaotick »

Zil

« Reply #569 on: January 04, 2013, 11:02:26 PM »
keyboard ghosting sends me straight into one of those fluffballs at the beginning of 3.
It's very easy to remap your keys to prevent things like that, in case you haven't tried that already. (And the fact that you're doing Lunatic clears with ghosting like that is crazy.)

Now I wish I could actually mention an accomplishment of my own for once but I haven't really done anything serious since the new year. I'm trying to rebuild my confidence.

Can't comment on MSD since it's danmakufu and thus unplayable for me. Not that it could ever compare to the real best Touhou game anyway.