Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE  (Read 221856 times)

chum

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE
« Reply #510 on: December 30, 2012, 01:57:59 PM »
Not counting broken shot types like medicine, aya or marisabugged, I would think that SA is the easiest to clear at 90 fps, since you dont really have to dodge much at all, tap streaming doesnt change if you switch to 90 fps, and neither does bombing. MoF is probably harder unless you're really good with VoWG at 90fps.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #511 on: December 30, 2012, 08:09:14 PM »
Got the Reimu clear in PoFV with wacky restrictions enabled.

Not impressive at all. Played horribly, Eiki gave up at 2:00 on the third round.

I really need to get better at this game.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #512 on: December 30, 2012, 10:28:14 PM »
I appear to be, as the youth likes to call it, "on a roll". PCB Lunatic 1cc, only a day after the previous one.
Many thanks to Wriggle who informed me of the existence of Vpatch!
There's a bunch of derps in there (I nearly wet myself when I died with bombs in stock on Reflowering), but hey, the 1cc's in! Hurrah!
EoSD shouldn't pose too much of a problem now either.

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #513 on: December 31, 2012, 02:37:05 AM »
PROGRESS! Getting close to a clear!

Deaths to Charged Yahoo, Futo's 2nd non, Oomonomimi's Dinner, Emperor of the Land of the Rising Sun, game over to Royal Clan's Chaotic Dance.

« Reply #514 on: December 31, 2012, 03:06:45 AM »
I appear to be, as the youth likes to call it, "on a roll". PCB Lunatic 1cc, only a day after the previous one.
Many thanks to Wriggle who informed me of the existence of Vpatch!
There's a bunch of derps in there (I nearly wet myself when I died with bombs in stock on Reflowering), but hey, the 1cc's in! Hurrah!
EoSD shouldn't pose too much of a problem now either.

Congrats. :toot:

EoSD is around the same level of PCB (Remilia is easier than Yuyuko, imo), but you'll have to be careful with the deathbomb time if you got used to PCB Reimu's (not a reason to use Marisa though, she sucks, at least when aiming for a clear). You'll also need some ability with pure dodging.

SA... just make it to Okuu with 1 spare life and you'll be fine, because Orin is the problem. But don't worry, you have Reimu-Awesome. :V

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #515 on: December 31, 2012, 08:56:38 AM »
PROGRESS! Getting close to a clear!

Deaths to Charged Yahoo, Futo's 2nd non, Oomonomimi's Dinner, Emperor of the Land of the Rising Sun, game over to Royal Clan's Chaotic Dance.
Oh wow, those deaths suck considering everything else you didn't die to. You're practically there.

« Reply #516 on: December 31, 2012, 10:02:43 AM »
Captured Mikoto's first nonspell and first spellcard back-to-back, and on top of that, caught Breaking Critical Point and the last nonspell back-to-back, and all in the same run.

Painfully close to capturing the second nonspell, but died with a sliver of health. Honestly, this was probably for the best, because my farce of an attempt at Blessings of the Sea was among my worst performances since pretty much ever. I managed to die THREE TIMES, for fuck's sake.

For those who haven't played MB, here's a point of comparison so you get the idea of what this is like: imagine playing TD Lunatic Stage 6 at 90 FPS, acing absolutely everything Miko has to throw at you with only one stray death, and then dying twice to her last card with bombspam included.

Still, I can safely say that this time around, I kicked Mikoto's ass instead of Mikoto kicking my ass. Which I would say is a pretty damn good achievement.

« Reply #517 on: December 31, 2012, 02:21:54 PM »
Captured Mikoto's first nonspell and first spellcard back-to-back, and on top of that, caught Breaking Critical Point and the last nonspell back-to-back, and all in the same run.

Painfully close to capturing the second nonspell, but died with a sliver of health. Honestly, this was probably for the best, because my farce of an attempt at Blessings of the Sea was among my worst performances since pretty much ever. I managed to die THREE TIMES, for fuck's sake.

For those who haven't played MB, here's a point of comparison so you get the idea of what this is like: imagine playing TD Lunatic Stage 6 at 90 FPS, acing absolutely everything Miko has to throw at you with only one stray death, and then dying twice to her last card with bombspam included.

Still, I can safely say that this time around, I kicked Mikoto's ass instead of Mikoto kicking my ass. Which I would say is a pretty damn good achievement.

Btw Malky, is there a way to fix MB's kind of input lag, which makes me suck at it? (I think you're the best person for me to ask this :V)

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #518 on: December 31, 2012, 07:01:30 PM »
This thing.

The RNG didn't shit on me this time so as if to compensate I got a few full seconds of nothing towards the end.

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
« Reply #519 on: December 31, 2012, 08:00:18 PM »
I did it. I 1cc'd SA on Normal with ReimuA.

Replay

Stages 1-3 went as expected. I died twice on Stage 4 (once in the stage and once during Flying Insect's Nest), which is sort of acceptable, I guess. Then Stage 5 came, and the run went downward. Four deaths to the stage portion and one death to Orin. However, it didn't go completely downward, since I died only once to the stage portion of Stage 6 (near the beginning). I reached Utsuho with 2 lives remaining... and I'm not going to say the rest, except that I will not forget the spell capture of Mega Flare.
Spoiler:
With no bombs to use, since I was below 1 power.
. I did die once during the fight.

So yeah, guess this is the last 1cc coming from me for this year.

I will very likely put this on YouTube on the 2nd of January.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 08:02:19 PM by fsvgm777 »

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #520 on: December 31, 2012, 10:23:12 PM »
Perfect Lunatic Aki!

Bonus: I haven't played a full game of SA Normal with ReimuB in ten months, at which point I game over'd on Stage 6. I just tried today and cleared with 7 extra lives. It's nice trying particular things after a long time and seeing that huge jump in improvement.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 01:16:53 AM by Goldom »

« Reply #521 on: December 31, 2012, 10:37:45 PM »
Btw Malky, is there a way to fix MB's kind of input lag, which makes me suck at it? (I think you're the best person for me to ask this :V)
Best method I've found is restarting the computer before playing MB. For whatever reason, the impact of a fresh computer on playing MB is pretty enormous.

Of course, the joke is that when you do this, you'll likely find that all your movements are too fast.  :getdown:

« Reply #522 on: December 31, 2012, 11:05:52 PM »
Cleared Red Cloak Blue Cloak with Aya. :toot:

« Reply #523 on: January 01, 2013, 04:46:35 AM »
*EoSD Lunatic 1CC attempt, reaches Remilia with a stock of 0/1*

Well, I'm fucked, aren't I.

*makes it all the way to Scarlet Meister, using the bomb on the last nonspell of all things*

...okay, then...

Maribel Hearn

• TD scorer
    • Portal
« Reply #524 on: January 01, 2013, 11:28:37 AM »
1ccs: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/35166330/Txts/1cc%20list.txt

Extra Stages: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/35166330/Txts/Extra%20Stage%20Completion.txt

These two files list my achievements (and progress) and I update them whenever I achieve something, so clicking the links will not lead you to anything old. ;P I suck at fighters, if you wondering why I only have Easy 1ccs on SWR and UNL. I know a lot of people (especially here) are way better than I am, but I'm still proud of my achievements so far.

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
« Reply #525 on: January 01, 2013, 08:31:46 PM »
I did Normal 1cc's of every 'normal' Touhou game with every character/attack type, and I did my first Hard 1cc ever, today. :D It was TH06 that I did this with. Also I find the extra stages in Touhou much easier now, because I have improved so much!! They don't even scare me that much anymore.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #526 on: January 01, 2013, 09:33:17 PM »
Phantasmagoria Trues Unlimited 1cc. What a miserable experience that was, but at least I can practice stage 6 Advanced and Standard now.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #527 on: January 02, 2013, 04:42:53 AM »
Three more Lunatic Spells gotten! :toot:

Divine Art "Demon Binding Ring"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOKMFxQGB5c

Magic Space "Asteroid Belt"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd5e8I16xew

Love Storm "Starlight Typhoon"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jhnZlxIsAA

I'm also finished with Stage 4B's spells now, and I only need to unlock and capture Blazing Star before I have ALL of Marisa's spells. :toot:
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

« Reply #528 on: January 02, 2013, 11:46:01 AM »
Phantasmagoria Trues Unlimited 1cc. What a miserable experience that was, but at least I can practice stage 6 Advanced and Standard now.

1cc the best Touhou game now Seiga. :V
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

« Reply #529 on: January 02, 2013, 01:28:04 PM »
1cc the best Touhou game now Seiga. :V

He already cleared UFO I'm pretty sure.  :V

« Reply #530 on: January 02, 2013, 03:45:51 PM »

By best Touhou game, I ment MSD. :V

Youtube

Tumblr

« Reply #531 on: January 02, 2013, 05:40:03 PM »
You are silly. Of course MSD can't beat UFO in terms of awesome.

And try doing an Extreme or above 1cc without hypers or bombs. Have fun.

« Reply #532 on: January 02, 2013, 05:49:08 PM »
You are silly. Of course MSD can't beat UFO in terms of awesome.

Youtube

Tumblr

« Reply #533 on: January 02, 2013, 07:32:39 PM »
But LLS is an easy 1cc.  Do it for score instead ;3

Chuckolator

« Reply #534 on: January 02, 2013, 09:08:33 PM »
perfecting murasa and byuakuren does not equal a lunatic 1cc :(
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #535 on: January 02, 2013, 09:17:23 PM »
What the crap man

Clear the game

Youtube

Tumblr

« Reply #537 on: January 02, 2013, 10:24:27 PM »

There are a lot of people who has cleared this game but never managed to pull of a NMNB Byakuren fight. I definitely thought you would have cleared that game. Well I guess I just gotta say, get on that oh and pick up all the red UFO's and bomb everything that isn't an auto-capture and then you'll win the game no problem. No you don't need a UFO route, nobody does, you just need to do some proper resource management and combine that with some basic knowledge on the game like which attacks are trivial and which things can be memorized etc.

I don't think it will take you much beyond a handful of tries if you actually bothered with it.

Chuckolator

« Reply #538 on: January 02, 2013, 10:45:19 PM »
if you actually bothered with it.
And there's the problem for most things I haven't done. <_<

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #539 on: January 03, 2013, 12:36:48 AM »
There are a lot of people who has cleared this game but never managed to pull of a NMNB Byakuren fight.
And some of us who have cleared the game on Lunatic but haven't even managed to capture all of Byakuren's patterns at least once on Hard.

Yes, Seiga, you should get it really easily. Summon blue UFOs instead of red UFOs in the places with a lot of point items (i.e. stage 3+) if you need more of a challenge.

(Now since the actual best Touhou game is obviously MS, go for a perfect Yumeko)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:51:25 AM by Karisa »