Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE  (Read 221860 times)

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE
« Reply #360 on: December 21, 2012, 01:11:56 AM »

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #361 on: December 21, 2012, 06:23:21 AM »
Extend!

(video)

So the 600 extend in Mystic Square is reachable without dying. That makes two extends I've reached that I'd previously thought impossible, the other being TD 20. Maybe I should go for PCB 1600 sometime.

« Reply #362 on: December 21, 2012, 07:13:27 AM »
Extend!

(video)

So the 600 extend in Mystic Square is reachable without dying. That makes two extends I've reached that I'd previously thought impossible, the other being TD 20. Maybe I should go for PCB 1600 sometime.

Go for IN 9999. :V

(btw, does the 9999 extend actually work if you change your point item amount with Cheat Engine or something?)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 07:15:07 AM by Wriggle »

Kenta Kurodani

• That guy from IRC
  • Don't mind me, I'm no threat to your high scores
« Reply #363 on: December 21, 2012, 01:01:52 PM »
Well folks, I just got my first IN Extra clear, and saw imperishable shooting to boot. Died before I could even get into it though >_>. Anyways, here's the replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=25964

« Reply #364 on: December 21, 2012, 01:44:16 PM »
Well folks, I just got my first IN Extra clear, and saw imperishable shooting to boot. Died before I could even get into it though >_>

Good job! Seeing Imperishable Shooting on your first clear is pretty cool, I still haven't even seen that card, actually. :V Every time I try, something always happens that makes me screw up on one or more easy cards. :derp: That's keeping me from unlocking some last words too, but I guess that's a story for another topic.

Grats, anyways!
quick go capture imperishable shooting too

Kenta Kurodani

• That guy from IRC
  • Don't mind me, I'm no threat to your high scores
« Reply #365 on: December 21, 2012, 01:51:50 PM »
Well, I have a pretty good record of figuring out mokou's cards, so I hope I can figure out IS as easily as I did Fujiyama. While I messsed up fuji in run, I got a consistent strat of my own making for.it after only 18 tries in spell practice.

« Reply #366 on: December 21, 2012, 02:02:58 PM »
Eegh, Fujiyama Volcano is her only card I'm still scared of after playing the extra so much. :ohdear: It was over 80 attempts for me and I couldn't figure that one out, then I asked for help and captured it on my 90th for the first time. Something about it just hits all my weak points, I'm not good at figuring out such a card.

The closest I've come to IS is needing one more capture, then failing simpler cards like Flying Phoenix, Xu Fu's, and Honest Man's Death for no good reasons. :( Soon, though!

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #367 on: December 21, 2012, 02:12:34 PM »
both fujiyama and imperishable shooting are simple once you figured them out properly. imperishable shooting was like the 2nd last card I ever captured in all of IN, because I never thought about it. once I gave it some time, it was pretty simple. anf fujiyama is very intimidating, but you can basically clear it the same time, safe for a few dodges when she shoots her regular red bullets.

anyway, congratulations you all. first clear are good stuff.

also karisa, crazy stuff you're doing with the extends. I don't think I ever came past the 400 one in MS :V
expect nothing from me all week. being at home with crappeist keyboard ever doesn't turn me into a good palyer. plus I can only play like 3 games I put on my mp3player. lol

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #368 on: December 21, 2012, 02:22:54 PM »
(btw, does the 9999 extend actually work if you change your point item amount with Cheat Engine or something?)
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=25539 (boring Easy-mode replay that actually syncs for some reason) (edit: no wait, it's not necessarily boring, it's 2b or 2.1b-level play plus ridiculously high graze count and point item value, might be worth watching)

In short: Not only does the 9999 extend work, but after that comes 10499, 10999, 11499, and 11999. I'm guessing the requirement was every 500 after 1100 at some point in production (the same way PCB is every 200), but then that was removed, without actually removing the code for it.

In IN Extra, it instead goes 200, 600, 9999, 99999, the last of which crashes the game.

In PCB Extra/Phantasm, it's every 500 after 1300.

In TD, after 25 (displayed requirement when you reach 20) is 30, 35, 40, then the display glitches.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 02:57:15 PM by Karisa »

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #369 on: December 21, 2012, 03:15:34 PM »
YES.

F*** YES.

MoF Lunatic 1cc.

It's my very first lunatic 1cc and I am so freaking happy. I have this gigantic grin on my face and I can't wipe it off. To be uploaded to Youtube later.
 :D :D :D

redlakitu

« Reply #370 on: December 21, 2012, 03:25:23 PM »
Yesterday, despite my earlier history of failures against that particular card, I managed to capture Mountain of Faith without focusing, which made me happy. Then I found out that the Easy version is actually more difficult, so here's a timeout. With my fingers somewhat stiff from the cold, I consider this to be an achievement worth mentioning, even if I got lucky in every single tight spot here and there.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #371 on: December 21, 2012, 03:29:56 PM »
congratulations, Chaotick. I expected it'd come soon. good job on this. the grin is to be expected and totally legit.

redlakitu, good job, I suppose. I never timed out any variations of this spell. I died to every single one of them, so there's something you did I couldn't do.

just throwing this in here: I often play so much that my fingers get cold from all the exposedness :V it doesn't bother me at all. but weirdly, when I play with cold figners from the starts, I can't move them for shit. like what the fuck?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #372 on: December 21, 2012, 03:54:43 PM »
Double Spoiler all scenes attempt #2: result was 2:31:xx, 5 minutes slower than last time.

Most shots for any scene was 58 on Kamane Funnel, Stage 12 fell in under 15 minutes.
9-7 took 36.  EX-5 a mere 22.

So overall consistency is better but I didn't fluke as many first try captures (10-5...) so I got a slower time.  I can see myself getting under 2 hours (and then ARF will get a 1:30)

« Reply #373 on: December 21, 2012, 05:54:05 PM »
Well folks, I just got my first IN Extra clear, and saw imperishable shooting to boot. Died before I could even get into it though >_>. Anyways, here's the replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=25964
Whoop congrats! Somehow IN Extra has always been fairly hard to clear for me. I think it's because so much of it is based on memory and I don't really play it often enough.

MoF Lunatic 1cc.

It's my very first lunatic 1cc and I am so freaking happy. I have this gigantic grin on my face and I can't wipe it off. To be uploaded to Youtube later.
Nice work! Give yourself a big pat on the back and relax for a bit. Then you should try UFO next! :D

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #374 on: December 21, 2012, 07:35:37 PM »
Excellent, IN Normal Final A and B cleared with all teams and individual characters. Next is PoFV and I'll have all games completely cleared on Normal.
No Game Overs, even a NM run with solo Youmu (I think that's my first ever on Normal), but the very last Final B run with Yuyuko got really messy in Stage 6. Captured one of Kaguya's Spellcards, failed all of her Last Words, didn't even get to see the last one. Lower High Score than the Final A run, but whatever!

Anyway, congratulations on the MoF 1CC and the IN Extra clear!

« Reply #375 on: December 21, 2012, 08:45:44 PM »
YES.

F*** YES.

MoF Lunatic 1cc.

Congrats! Try SA maybe? The bomb system is pretty similar, and SA is way more fun, plus graze autocollection. :3

Or you could try EoSD/PCB/IN... they're the easiest ones, though which one is the easiest is subjective.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #376 on: December 21, 2012, 09:40:05 PM »
Congrats! Try SA maybe? The bomb system is pretty similar, and SA is way more fun, plus graze autocollection. :3

Or you could try EoSD/PCB/IN... they're the easiest ones, though which one is the easiest is subjective.
I thought SA to be the second-hardest... but it may be good to get it out of the way. I'm sure it's more fun too...
Eh, I'm not sure. Anything but UFO will do.
I guess SA is as good a choice as any! But first I'll have to figure out some more technical youtube stuff.

I'm absolutely euphorious. There's this, and I just got these incredibly good grades, and everyone is content and I'm getting so many compliments everywhere. I'm going to fall into a rainbow-colored stupor any moment now.
You are all awesome. You're still awesome without congratulating me too.

Mokou is certainly one of the harder ones with her nonspells. Congrats!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #377 on: December 21, 2012, 09:50:17 PM »
Perfect stage 3 in an MoF no bomb lunatic attempt!
Unfortunately I crashed and burned on Stage 4, but whatever, I perfected Stage 5 in practice right after.

Congrats on the lunatic clear, and go for either PCB or IN, SA is very very difficult to 1cc and EoSD can be a bit of a pain.

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #378 on: December 21, 2012, 09:53:37 PM »
Nah, EoSD is great. It teaches you to use resources wisely and that's never a bad lesson.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #379 on: December 21, 2012, 09:58:36 PM »
Nah, EoSD is great. It teaches you to use resources wisely and that's never a bad lesson.
I was talking more about the bullet hitboxes.

« Reply #380 on: December 21, 2012, 10:23:15 PM »
I was talking more about the bullet hitboxes.

Aye, especially those knives, and the big round bullets. (not the huge eye-shaped ones, but those are at least somewhat bigger too) Those seem to have the biggest problem, imo anyways.

So many unnecessary deaths to Sakuya/Remi, because you really can't squeeze through those little holes that you'd think is easy. :ohdear: I swear sometimes I feel certain bullets are 100% hitbox.

On that EoSD note though, even though I fail so much at it :V Finally unlocked the extra stage a few days ago! Then Laevateinn comes and ruins my run. :V
Edit: Oh wait it was one or two cards after Laevateinn [/memoryfail] but still, whatever it was wasn't nice.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 10:46:28 PM by SirBlueberry »

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #381 on: December 21, 2012, 10:29:35 PM »
Hmmm...

IN it is then! I had been practicing some already before I got to MoF. If I can manage MoF then IN shouldn't be far around the corner.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #382 on: December 21, 2012, 10:45:16 PM »
IN is leagues easier tham MoF, I found. Shouldn't take you too long.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

« Reply #383 on: December 21, 2012, 11:11:35 PM »
IN isn't bad. Just a lot of memorization. Be careful of Hourai Jewel though. That can eat through your resources if you aren't prepared.

« Reply #384 on: December 22, 2012, 12:30:22 AM »
IN isn't bad. Just a lot of memorization. Be careful of Hourai Jewel though. That can eat through your resources if you aren't prepared.

Yeah that's probably why I suck at it. :V I got my third Lunatic 1cc in it, but found it much more difficulty than PCB and EoSD. But these 3 games fill your ass with resources. I find PCB easy because the patterns are somewhat dense but kinda slow and easily readable. EoSD's patterns are much less dense but they're often fast, plus you have to be careful about the hitboxes and you need good reflexes because the deathbomb time is too low. IN probably gives you the most resources out of these games, but the last spells fuck with your resources, and that's what I hate the most in it... it's just bullshitty, but otherwise I find its patterns even more dense than PCB, but even slower (especially Eirin and Reisen).

SA was actually the fourth game I 1cc'd on Lunatic, and I did it the first time I made it past Orin. She still killed me 3 times though. :V But Okuu is easy, I just needed 2 lives on her. ~1 week ago I did MoF, just for the sake of 1cc'ing it, because I don't even know how to dodge a lot of things I bombed, and even bombed Minoriko to save time. :V

I'm still missing UFO and TD, which I probably won't 1cc soon or ever do as I'm slowly retiring Touhou. Oh I think I finally just hit my 1 year anniversary of playing it ~1 week ago. :toot:

Anyway, good luck on your path to become a Lunatic player Chao. :3

« Reply #385 on: December 22, 2012, 12:32:52 AM »
Woah.
EoSD normal no-bombs, using MarisaA.

Awesome run by my standards, finished with 4 extra lives.
One miss at Forest Blaze (not kidding...).
One miss at Sakuya's last non and one at Marionette.
One miss at the last second of Red Magic, ruining an otherwise perfect stage 6.

This took a decent amount of tries (around 20 maybe, not counting stage practice), so I'm happy I finally got it. No-bombs really forces you to dodge way more stuff than usual, so it makes normal mode interesting again.
Not sure I'll go for other games under these conditions though, maybe PCB if I decide to learn stage 5...

Edit : got a no-bombs PCB normal 1cc on the first try. I should try without intentional border breaks.

Also, grats Chaotick on the Lunatic 1cc, that's one hell of a step you've made here !
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 11:00:13 AM by Reiko »

« Reply #386 on: December 22, 2012, 01:39:50 AM »
Got another NMNB of Shou. Stage had me die twice though so it's nothing new but it's certainly something special for me. Getting a NMNB on this tiger is one of the hardest things to do in a ZUN game for me.

This is still not good enough though. I'm still shit at her and I will probably forever be since no matter how much consistency i manage to build up on her attacks, the 2nd non-spell will always be the bane of my existence as it just like Greatest Treasure feels mostly like my brain just don't fucking gets it. So hard, what can I do to be less bad? I can't afford to lose this many resources to Stage 5 if I am ever going to have hopes of getting a NBNUFO run.

Oh and I also got a 2MNB Byakuren. Not too terrible. Good Omen and Superhuman. Superhuman one was very dumb, tried something stupid and got punished for it. Oh and Good Omen is another like cute source of hate.

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #387 on: December 22, 2012, 02:09:47 AM »
  ...as I'm slowly retiring Touhou

why

« Reply #388 on: December 22, 2012, 02:55:08 AM »
why

Well, I barely find it fun anymore, and I don't feel motivated to work on clearing these two games and/or doing scoreruns/other challenges. My Touhou spirit kinda revived when I suddenly got motivated to play EoSD Extra to perfect Flandre, but once i achieved it, said spirit died again. Maybe I just need a long break. Or it was because I never liked shmups at all, but Touhou had some kind of magic that addicted me into it. :V But yeah, for now I think it's time to move on, but I won't stop loving Touhou. Just like I haven't stopped loving Pok?mon even after retiring it. :3

« Reply #389 on: December 22, 2012, 07:55:30 AM »
So I went ahead and finally unlocked Imperishable Shooting! Made my usual mistakes of messing up on simple cards, and I was worried I wouldn't capture enough of them by the end. :ohdear:
Ex Clear + Imperishable Shooting
I of course didn't capture it, since it was my first time... and I still haven't, but I'm figuring it out. :V Pretty happy about these recent captures/clears, I'm making some decent progress with IN!

Seeing IS also unlocked Phoenix Rebirth for me and I captured it pretty quickly. With a crazy dodge like this.gif just because I was pretty sure that was possible :getdown: Image could use more frames to smooth it out/better quality but I didn't care, didn't want it to end up huge either lol

(you'll have to rename the replays of course if you DL them, I name them so I can easily keep track in my dropbox and so names don't conflict each other)

edit: fixed links, had the wrong replays uploaded :V
edit2: because it doesn't really need it's own post, just throwing this in here. Did some more Last Words. I know not EVERY capture is a notable accomplishment, but hey it can't hurt to add it in when I already posted right? :V
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 09:56:59 AM by SirBlueberry »