Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE  (Read 221862 times)

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE
« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2012, 09:00:37 AM »
You should never bomb against Super Perseid or Blazing Star unless it's absolutely necessary, by the way.
Why is that? So you can bomb through the final phase of Fairy Destruction Ray?

Anyway, I managed a 1 power Genetics of the Subconscious capture that I thought I was going to time out (replay). Also came the closest I've ever been to capturing Philosophy of a Hated Person's third phase (and the entire card, the only Extra card I still need to capture not counting Imperishable Shooting). Also nearly scored 900 million, if I hadn't gotten clipped with 2 power at the end of Subterranean Rose. I'll get the no-death run next time I manage to not die to Superego, hopefully.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 09:08:58 AM by Karisa »

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #181 on: December 08, 2012, 11:07:40 AM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
First 1cc of SA with ReimuB.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=25716

« Reply #182 on: December 08, 2012, 12:51:03 PM »
Oh well, at least I got this far this time.

[

I think this was the first time I got to stage 6 in a full run, maybe not. Definitely the first time I reach stage 6 sakuya though. Also how the fuck did I miss the safespot :S, I at least wanted to reach Remi....
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

« Reply #183 on: December 08, 2012, 01:52:24 PM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Congrats! SA normal is probably the hardest normal mode in the series IMO.

Still not as hard as this though.
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #184 on: December 08, 2012, 02:27:38 PM »
tsym, I found it easier to time out than it was to capture :/ it took me like what, 20 attempts? on the other hand, I only captueed it like 2 times in the runs. one of the times coming from my perfect stage 5.

I don't get why you wouldn't bombs these either. I mean, if you have 3 bombs, why not use one (you will never have 3 bombs, but that's another story :V)

« Reply #185 on: December 08, 2012, 05:08:12 PM »
Finally got the Iwafune timeout. I got curious and decided to check out the other two Iwafune timeouts on the first page by chum and IHNN, and from what I can tell, I'm just terrible at this game/have terrible reflexes/don't know where my eyes should be on the screen. Took me well over 150 attempts at this and people do it in <20 by doing these weird in the corner dodges and whatnot? Well jeez. I guess I'm just so used to trying to capture the damn card that basically in my timeout, I spent a good chunk of time underneath Futo (Not all the time because the corners/sides can be very dangerous in some cases), but enough time that I would be able to capture it fairly quickly. Honestly though, I still have no idea how this card is easier to time out than capture. It looks equally as tough (or non-tough?) either way.

tsym, I found it easier to time out than it was to capture :/ it took me like what, 20 attempts? on the other hand, I only captueed it like 2 times in the runs. one of the times coming from my perfect stage 5.

I don't get why you wouldn't bombs these either. I mean, if you have 3 bombs, why not use one (you will never have 3 bombs, but that's another story :V)
I don't really get why you find it easier to time out than capture. A 1/20 timeout rate, given the card ends at maybe halfway through if you try to capture it, would be roughly equivalent to a 1/10 capture rate. Just given the probability, it's highly likely that the RNG will like you at least one time out of those 10 and have Futo riding higher up on the screen rather than lower, making the card a cinch to capture. It's not all that tougher to stay under Futo than not under her, given what I saw in other timeout attempts. It's not like this card is RTG where the bullet spread is actually quite a bit wider in the corners than in the middle, which actually does make that card easier to time out than capture (I think. I've gotten fairly close in timing it out, but I could be wrong).

And for the bombing thing, you do get 25% perfect freeze if you die to cards, so I'm going to guess that the final card is just THAT fearsome on 90fps.

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #186 on: December 08, 2012, 05:35:33 PM »
I think you misunderstood what I meant. I timed it out in around 20 attempts, yes. but I don't have a capture history of 2/20. it's something like 2/70. I don't know why I can't capture it for fucks sake, but do well in a timeout. maybe I'm just weird.

and congratz on the timeout.

as for bombing: super perseid is what's terrifying. if you get a bad RNG you literally can't dodge the familiars raining down on you. it's just impossible. the last spellcard was bad, yes, but not as horrible as that.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #187 on: December 08, 2012, 05:50:51 PM »
Oh it's not horrible, especially not compared to the two cards before it, but you will most likely be on your last life at that point. Saving a bomb to pretty much instantly end the final phase is pretty damn useful in that regard.

I'd still use one bomb on Perseid, though.

« Reply #188 on: December 08, 2012, 06:07:05 PM »
I think you misunderstood what I meant. I timed it out in around 20 attempts, yes. but I don't have a capture history of 2/20. it's something like 2/70. I don't know why I can't capture it for fucks sake, but do well in a timeout. maybe I'm just weird.

and congratz on the timeout.

as for bombing: super perseid is what's terrifying. if you get a bad RNG you literally can't dodge the familiars raining down on you. it's just impossible. the last spellcard was bad, yes, but not as horrible as that.
Oh that's what I get for typing in the early morning and not proofreading. What I meant was given that, from what I can see, timing the card out and capturing it seem to be roughly similar in terms of dodging difficulty, you SHOULD have a capture rate of 1/10 if you have a timeout rate of 1/20, and if you don't, then the RNG was being particularly mean. But I mean since you don't, I'm not really sure why there's this disparity. Of course it may just be different people read some cards differently, especially one like Iwafune where there's multiple places on the screen you can dodge at.

And thanks! It's actually the first card that I've actually tried to timeout, and even then it's probably only because of spell practice haha.

I also find Perseid really scary, but maybe Zil's just really good at Perseid and finds the need to bomb Marisa's final card much more important.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Also I didn't notice this before as I was being rather shortsighted, but that's absolutely fantastic! ReimuB definitely isn't trivial to 1cc SA with. You might want to try UFO Normal or another game on Hard now (or UFO Hard/SA Hard haha).

« Reply #189 on: December 08, 2012, 06:31:47 PM »
Shaved off the last few seconds from the StB IL table needed to bring the total time below 38 minutes. The last scenes improved were 4-6, 6-7, 7-3, 7-7, 10-1, 10-8 and EX-2.  :toot:
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Zil

« Reply #190 on: December 08, 2012, 06:58:40 PM »
It doesn't really have to do with the difficulty. (I don't think Perseid is nearly as hard as the last two, though.) The thing is that Fairy Destruction Ray will inevitably reduce your motivation to 0%, even if you went in with something like 300% or more. That means that bombing to an earlier spell does nothing but cost you a bomb, since the motivation you saved is lost anyway. So unless those cards will literally end the run if they hit you, you shouldn't bomb them.

In fact, since dying charges your bomb gauge slightly, it's actually better to die to lose the motivation to the beam. So you should suicide for bombs if you reach the final with any extra motivation. The last phase can be done with a single bomb, not needing to dodge anything. The second phase would probably take two bombs to completely trivialize, though even one bomb goes a long way. The first phase should be fairly trivial anyway. So having two bombs makes it much easier. Having three basically nullifies its existence.

So basically, reach the last nonspell with lots of motivation. If you stop bombing from there, you should have three bombs for the final spell, assuming Perseid and Blazing Star don't completely wreck you.

e: Better yet, as long you have over 100% motivation on the final spell, just stay underneath the orbs at any cost, choosing to die rather than go into the beam. That's better then outright suicides, I guess.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 07:10:00 PM by Zil »

« Reply #191 on: December 08, 2012, 07:00:51 PM »
Also came the closest I've ever been to capturing Philosophy of a Hated Person's third phase

It's really easy, just do it the way I do, which I learnt from IBUKI's scoreplays (which you kind of dodge in a large "square" pattern). It pretty much trivializes it, I don't even have to worry about the roses at all.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #192 on: December 08, 2012, 09:57:10 PM »
Also I didn't notice this before as I was being rather shortsighted, but that's absolutely fantastic! ReimuB definitely isn't trivial to 1cc SA with. You might want to try UFO Normal or another game on Hard now (or UFO Hard/SA Hard haha).
I've always used ReimuB and MarisaB. ReimuB deals quite a bit of damage while unfocused. And also I did 1cc UFO with ReimuA, MarisaA and MarisaB. Thank you anyways~

« Reply #193 on: December 08, 2012, 10:41:31 PM »
How come you don't use ReimuA in SA? Best shot type!

Youtube

Tumblr

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #194 on: December 08, 2012, 11:34:46 PM »
How come you don't use ReimuA in SA? Best shot type!
Not for me. I NEED ReimuB's auto-collect and her homing-thingies when unfocused are really useful. ReimuA has a low-power bomb and her shots are too forward-focused. My type of play requires a wide spread or semi-homing.

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #196 on: December 08, 2012, 11:50:41 PM »
Timed out Genetics of the Subconscious.
That card is so fun to watch...not so fun to actually do (at least for me).

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #197 on: December 09, 2012, 02:54:45 AM »
Subterranean Animism 'ultra' hard 1cc!
Finally managed to not triple-death Stage 3 (only 1!), died only once in Stage 4 despite a lower power start, played abyssmally in Stage 5 but still managed to get through Utsuho on 2 lives and 4 power start!  I even had a bomb to spare.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #198 on: December 09, 2012, 03:26:10 AM »
Perfect Koishi battle. That was sort of unexpected, though I knew I was close. Intended to just be a no-death run (sort of for score, but I didn't bomb for graze at all on Koishi just in case). Also reached 10000 graze.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_cw0pLYdFs

Extra perfects so far: Nue, Flandre, Suwako, Ran, Koishi
Remaining: Yukari, Gengetsu, Mamizou, Alice, Marisa(?), Mokou(??)

It's really easy, just do it the way I do, which I learnt from IBUKI's scoreplays (which you kind of dodge in a large "square" pattern). It pretty much trivializes it, I don't even have to worry about the roses at all.
OK, why did I not look at more variety of replays? Normally I'd be one of the first to do that... maybe it's because the last time I'd seen that spell was Seiga's perfect run. Well, anyway, thanks. It's much easier that way.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 03:33:28 AM by Karisa »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #199 on: December 09, 2012, 03:55:52 AM »
Finally, IN Extra cleared. With captures of "Fujiyama Volcano" and "Flying Phoenix" to boot!
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #200 on: December 09, 2012, 04:25:35 AM »
karisa, don't do marisa. it will only frustrate you. I tell you out of experience :V unless you are significantly better than me at GFW; who knows. but yeah, I wouldn't recommend it.

congratulations on the perfect koishi! I see we perfected the same extra bosses and are missing the same. quite a coincidence. I say go for yukari next; she's the easiest out of those you're missing. Alice after that. well...yah :V

@Yatakarasu I don't like the spell either. it's really annoying because you can't shoot koishi like you would want to. I never tried timing it out, but eh, I wouldn't want to, either. I'm not a person who times out much. I could probably stuff all my timeout in a video that wouldn't exceed 30 minutes - last words included.

congratulations on that extra clear, validon. mokou's probably one of the harder extra bosses. for some reason, anyway. it took me a while before I became consistent on her.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #201 on: December 09, 2012, 06:09:28 AM »
OK, why did I not look at more variety of replays? Normally I'd be one of the first to do that... maybe it's because the last time I'd seen that spell was Seiga's perfect run.
I see how it is. <_______________________________<

Congrats though. I don't have much experience with the ones you haven't done, so I can't really say what to do. What do you plan to do next?
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #202 on: December 09, 2012, 07:29:55 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGoRWVKzxVc&feature=youtu.be beat TD Stage 4 on Hard with no deaths! though I did bomb once as I was trying something out though it didn't really work too well.
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #203 on: December 09, 2012, 07:53:42 AM »
What do you plan to do next?
Quote from: signature
Current goals: TD 8-life clear (i.e. no deaths, 20 extend reached), SA Lunatic 1cc with 3 suicides to Parsee for grazing purposes
Well, my signature has my current full-game goals, both of which I've been attempting on and off for a while (second one was reduced from 4 suicides to 3 after too many stage 3/4 game overs).

Regarding perfects, I'm really close to Yukari. After unlocking IN 222 to memorize Danmaku Bounded Field she's pretty much the same difficulty as Ran, complete with exactly one card that's giving me trouble (except it's Double Black Death Butterfly instead of Charming Siege). I'd like to do MS Extra but my computer still usually has recording slowdown issues in that stage, and neither an unrecorded perfect nor a perfect with 19% slowdown would be very satisfying. As for main game stages, I've done pretty much every boss I feel like I currently can handle, except Reisen, who would pretty much consist of replaying the stage until I get lucky on her last spell.

« Reply #204 on: December 09, 2012, 08:47:42 AM »
Not for me. I NEED ReimuB's auto-collect and her homing-thingies when unfocused are really useful. ReimuA has a low-power bomb and her shots are too forward-focused. My type of play requires a wide spread or semi-homing.

Fair enough.

Youtube

Tumblr

« Reply #205 on: December 09, 2012, 01:37:29 PM »
Took me well over 150 attempts at this

Please allow me to 1-up this.

I finally got a no focus, no vert timeout of Fantasy Seal  -Fader- Lunatic. This literally took me about 610 tries, after doing a normal timeout in less than 10. I had 2 deaths at 1 second left and countless awesome dodges/epic fails. Basically I was doing this in groups of 200 attempts at a time. I got to 200 today, died to the first wave and said "no that's not okay."

Then I tried again...

Also Zil, when did you finally get your 90 mil run in PoDD? I noticed the signature changed.
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #206 on: December 09, 2012, 03:53:46 PM »
My first timeout of Iwafune had like 250 attempts thrown at it too. Then the no-focus timeout immediately after that took 400 more.

It's easier to timeout for most people because most people focus on following her by reflex when their aim is to capture. (I'm not one of them)

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #207 on: December 09, 2012, 05:07:20 PM »
Whoo! Got my first IaMP lunatic 1cc with Patchy, then I did some tries with Marisa and 1cc'd lunatic with her too!

I am going to try get 1cc's of all the 10 story modes, I guess I should do Reimu next.

Also I started playing Double Spoiler ultra and captured everything up to 8-2, with the exception of 4-1 (how do) and 4-6 (fuck momiji).

Byronyello

• "The Western Non-Otaku That Respects and Likes Touhou"
  • I guess that'd be my title in a Touhou game...
« Reply #208 on: December 09, 2012, 06:37:15 PM »
Am very happy! I finally got a Hard 1cc of Ten Desires. Don't know which Hard 1cc I should go for next though.
Anyone got a suggestion for what would be the next easiest game?
(Strike-through indicates a clear)
Hard Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC.
Lunatic Clears: Someday, perhaps.
Extra Clears: EoSD, PCB, PCB Phantasm, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC.

« Reply #209 on: December 09, 2012, 07:20:27 PM »
Am very happy! I finally got a Hard 1cc of Ten Desires. Don't know which Hard 1cc I should go for next though.
Anyone got a suggestion for what would be the next easiest game?

It was PCB > EoSD > IN for me. But many people find IN easier, I don't get that.