Author Topic: Video game Accomplishment's Thread  (Read 12820 times)

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
Re: Video game Accomplishment's Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2012, 01:40:28 AM »
It isn't related to any special formulas, I'm pretty sure, only your numerical grade.  IIRC a D was anything under 6 million, Cs were between 6-7 million, Bs were 7 million-8,099,999, As were 8.1mil-9.5, AAs were 9.5-9,999,999, and a AAA was of course a perfect 10 million.

If my score were ported to DDRX I'm pretty sure it'd be a low C.

Either way, if you managed to PASS the song, that's plenty of accomplishment right there!  Those ending streams are absolutely insane when you're not someone well into playing 10s.

Huh, I never knew that DDR's grading system worked that way. I seem to assume things are more complicated than they are.

And yeah, I suppose passing the song is a decent accomplishment considering the conditions.

I have no facility to practice at home due to softpads being arse and hardpads being too expensive, the nearest arcade is a couple hour train journey away which I only really visit like once every couple months or so. I'm not even sure how I got to Paranoia Survivor passing levels of skill since I have basically no way to regularly practice.

So, that's my video game accomplishment. Winging a Paranoia Survivor pass on mostly natural rhythm game talent.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2012, 04:12:41 AM »
Wow, I know Aether was a requirement for the Black Knight fight in FE9, but luck was on my side: not only did I get the one Aether I needed, I got TWO in a row! That battle didn't last very long at all XD. What made it more epic was that I played Sonic's "Fight the Knight" theme as it played, I felt it was an appropriate song for this fight.
You played over Against the Black Knight?

For shame.  For shame.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2012, 06:51:55 AM »
You played over Against the Black Knight?

For shame.  For shame.
As cool as the song is, it didn't really fit the "epic duel" theme to me. I think it would have helped better if they used THAT for the map theme for that fight, then use a more upbeat/intense version (maybe do something like Rare does where they change the instruments based on the events that're going on) when the actual fight starts. The final map theme I feel is inferior to the previous one, and the Black Knight's battle theme felt like it was more at home in a cutscene than a fight scene. I just wanted to treat myself for finally finishing a Fire Emblem game legitimately (I finished Sacred Stones in the past, but it was on an emulator with lots of savestate and arena abuse :V). Besides, the battle was painfully short as it was, barring the BK's prebattle dialogue, so the part where the song would take the most effect is kind of short-lived to me.

On a related note, I started FE10 today. I'm annoyed I couldn't finish chapter 1 in less than 8 turns. Curse me and A- my need to to keep Edward from getting hit with a a Hand Axe to the face, B- going after the boss kill AND the Hand-Axer kill, and C- my sudden compulsive need to finish each chapter in the time limit to get the max bonus EXP; it kicked in about halfway through FE9, and continued as I realized how close some units where to 20/20. I ended up BEXPing Ike, Jill, Marcia and Zihark to Max, fed Astrid a few kills before BEXPing her (she was high enough as it was), then fed Oscar my leftovers and let him kill things in the final battle.

Anyways, gonna redo that chapter and just ignore handaxer dude next time. If anything, FE10 teaches you to optimize your strategy and know when to either run like hell or take your time, even if it is a bit cruel about it. This definitely feels like a game that should be played right after FE9, and I think I'll enjoy it (for the most part).

EDIT: How did this post get so long ahhhhh D:

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2012, 02:13:28 PM »
Well. I'm officially in the top 400 on Phantom Ensemble Normal Mode in Osu! :V

More specifically, 320#

I've also seen that With Double Time, Hard Rock and Hidden turned on I can actually get to the top 40. But that's an achievement for another day (Double Time'd songs are hard.)

Also ,got my second SS in Osu! :V

Now, aside from Osu! achievements, I've successfully pulled off Nyx's full combo in Dota 2 for the first time ever. (Ult > Wait until it's almost over > Attack > Ethereal Blade > Impale > Mana Burn > Dagon > Spiked Carapace > Ult > Hit) and as a result, I instantly killed Tiny, a tank. That's a LOT of burst.

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2012, 10:28:23 PM »
http://puu.sh/1zaag

I just cleared IWBTG on Hard mode. :V

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2012, 09:28:05 PM »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2012, 06:36:52 AM »
Got not one, but TWO tempest set equips today in MapleStory. Those boxes enemies drop are great for tempest coins. :3c Now if only my luck with potentials was better...I wanted a null defense potential on my new bowgun.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2012, 10:52:50 AM »
Bookworm Adventures WR is a good accomplishment right?

...I scare myself with the words I see sometimes.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2012, 01:16:10 PM »
Bookworm Adventures WR is a good accomplishment right?

...I scare myself with the words I see sometimes.

I kind of wonder how good you would be at a game of Scrabble with that kind of skill. I never thought I'd find myself genuinely impressed with someone playing Bookworm Adventures of all things, but here we are.

Also, what's that timer you got going on the left side of the screen? The one that seems to be tracking total time and individual segment time, is that a feature of the game or some nifty external program?

This video also reminded me I need to actually buy that game at some point.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2012, 07:03:32 PM »
I kind of wonder how good you would be at a game of Scrabble with that kind of skill. I never thought I'd find myself genuinely impressed with someone playing Bookworm Adventures of all things, but here we are.

Also, what's that timer you got going on the left side of the screen? The one that seems to be tracking total time and individual segment time, is that a feature of the game or some nifty external program?

This video also reminded me I need to actually buy that game at some point.
I consistently get 330 point games of Scrabble, and I've gotten a 400 point game before.
The timer is WSplit and can be found here.
There a sequel too and I think I'm going to start trying for runs of that too at some point, it's simultaneously a very relaxing run (no 'will I miss this trick invalidating the run') and a very tense run (please don't insta-kill me).

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2012, 11:29:51 PM »
So, I've been playing Theatrhythm Final Fantasy pretty obsessively now.
No SSS' s, but I DO have 9.6m+ scores on

Battle 2 / FF3
Battle with the Four Fiends
Battle on the Big Bridge
The Decisive Battle
One Winged Angel
Saber's Edge / FF13
Battle / FF6
Those who Fight / FF7
Force Your Way / FF8
The Extreme / FF8
Final Battle / FF10
Desperate Struggle/ FF13

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2012, 11:41:51 PM »
I've got mostly RPG accomplishments. Like having my first Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep playthrough be on Critical. And beating it with all people. And then doing everything there is to do with Ventus, such as bonus bosses and the Mirage Arena. Yeah, that was annoying. It's not completely 100% (I'm missing some commands and such), but I'm pretty damn close. I need to play Dream Drop Distance again. I've still got to do THAT on Critical... that'll be fun.  :V

Beating Valkyrie Profile on Hard twice (both times with the A Ending) and beating Iseria Queen a few times on one of those playthroughs is another accomplishment (not enough to get the Angel Slayer, however). Now if only I can do Valkyrie Profile 2's Seraphic Gate... or at least beat the A Ending of Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume on my first playthrough. I've heard that's goddamn impossible. Once I pick that game back up, we'll see.

I remember that I've beaten Inward Chaos of Dissidia at least once, and Confessions of the Creator once in Duodecim. Those are damn difficult to beat , but I have done them. That's all I can really think of right now. I'm sure I've done something else besides these things, but not too much other things.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2012, 02:17:44 PM »
or at least beat the A Ending of Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume on my first playthrough. I've heard that's goddamn impossible. Once I pick that game back up, we'll see.
It's not impossible, I did it myself.

It is, however, bloody difficult and enraging.

You have been warned.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2012, 04:29:47 AM »
Playing Star Wars Empire at War
Super Star Destroyer with hero unit onboard jumps my lvl 1 base with no upgrades or other ships
3 and a half hours later...
dead Super Star Destroyer, 1 untouched based, and a rebel victory

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2012, 09:40:46 PM »
[attach=1]
14 minutes to spare.  This game's got nothing on me...except the L1E2PG I want to do eventually.

Oh, and I did beat the game after getting this.  Final boss bit the dust at around the 12:12 mark.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2013, 03:02:17 PM »
[attach=1]
14 minutes to spare.  This game's got nothing on me...except the L1E2PG I want to do eventually.

Oh, and I did beat the game after getting this.  Final boss bit the dust at around the 12:12 mark.
New challenge:  Beat the entire thing in under 12 hours, INCLUDING the final boss?(but not counting ending stuff unless you want to since that's after you've technically beaten the game itself?)
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2013, 07:20:21 PM »
New challenge:  Beat the entire thing in under 12 hours, INCLUDING the final boss?(but not counting ending stuff unless you want to since that's after you've technically beaten the game itself?)
Piece of cake, all I'd have to do is not get 95 encounters and instead only get 80 or so-which 80 is still incredibly unlucky :P

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2013, 11:19:43 PM »
>learn to drift in the Classic Cup of Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
>get B-rank license
>feel like a boss

Okay, it's not much, but it's something. :3c I like this game.

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2013, 12:21:42 AM »
42/40 vs. Christopher Robin in the japanese version of Winnie the Pooh's Home Run Derby (max distance 203.7m), before I forget to post it here :D

edit: and 40/40 vs CR in the american version as well; didn't notice any differences in gameplay.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:41:41 AM by shadowbringer »
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.