Author Topic: Video game Accomplishment's Thread  (Read 12817 times)

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
Video game Accomplishment's Thread
« on: November 29, 2012, 02:20:18 AM »
Seeing as there's been a rage thread for a while along with having a Touhou Accomplishment's thread for a while now as well I figure we could use a Thread for talking about our gaming Accomplishment's or moments in our gaming lives that were just plain awesome (in our own oppinion's at least :P) or made us feel good about ourselves or somethin :V

So for me, the one thing I can remember at this point in time was in Donkey Kong 64, afte rlike 8 years or something I FINALLY got the Nintendo Coin from that Bloody Donkey Kong Arcade Game and then went on to beat King K.Rool on my FIRST TRY BABEH!!!!
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Video game Accomplishment's Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 02:43:51 AM »
Ape Escape 100% with only one hand used in 4 and a half hours.  My 2-handed PB is a 2:25:03.  Another person who runs the game did a half-blind 100% with a time of 5:48 for comparison.

I have mastered this game so much now XD

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 08:31:30 AM »
This one was about two years ago - my brother was playing through Trauma Center: Second Opinion, and was struggling badly against the second half of the second GUILT. The tumors were getting so widespread that even spamming the stabilizer had little effect. Vitals were already in the red. He paused the game in frustration, when I asked him if I should step in. He agreed, and I took the controls with a "Stand aside, Dr. Stiles." I flubbed the Healing Touch once, but the second cast got it to take effect, and I went to town on it, clearing out the Deftera. Only way it would have been cooler is if I had not needed the Touch, but at that point, there was absolutely no way I was going to clear out enough in time for the recharging stabilizer to get the patient above 0.

Also, in Bastion: getting First Prize on the Fang Repeater challenge without using the auto-aim or homing bullets.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 12:39:05 PM »
100% Battle Trophies for Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. For those of you who've played it, you know what I've been through. Literally hundreds and hundreds of hours I've put into that game.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 01:56:21 PM »
Nice. I only got up to just past 240/300 then lost the memory card. None of my other memory cards even have Universe or 4D unlocked, and I don't want to bother. And I'm only at 847/900 Battle Trophies in Star Ocean 4 right now, though I've been grinding them out for a while.

I can't really think of all that much. I've done a few restriction based runs on various RPGs and some other stuff though.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 03:17:45 PM »
Can't recall too many, though I did just beat Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon about a week ago.  Good times, though many restarts were had as I tried to make sure not to have anyone die (beyond those who'd died before I picked it back up after a few month hiatus).  I need to re-do Endgame because Beck bit it, but I was so close to Medeus that I just said 'Screw this.' and had Marth slice him to bits.

Also should really remember to bring the girl along next time through Endgame who can wield Aum so I can get one more character back to the side of the living, for the sake of having as many survivors as I can.

No intents to go through any of the Hard modes, since I got what I wanted from the game in Normal mode.

As for other games, I did a long while back pull off a no-equipment run of Super Mario RPG.  Was pretty tough, especially when the final boss was flinging its unblockable instakill move(Along with the lacking defense meaning pretty much that form's attacks were 2HKOs on anyone since they can't be Timed Guarded like many standard attacks can be.)  I didn't get to fight the superboss of the game that way though since the game cart decided to erase half of my saves not long after so I lost all progress.  Ah well, I could always do another regular run later on and just take all my stuff off when I got to those crystals and their master.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 01:23:52 AM »
Not sure if this is more of an accomplishment, or a test of patience: In Wild Arms 3, I defeated the bonus boss in the Dissection Facility...After waiting a bunch of turns with Dark Ward equipped, so I could build up the EXP multiplier to the maximum. Ended up gaining like ten levels from that fight :V

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 02:18:21 AM »
100% Battle Trophies for Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. For those of you who've played it, you know what I've been through. Literally hundreds and hundreds of hours I've put into that game.

I couldn't even finish the story in that game which was good, but aspects of the game just soured me.

Anyway there's 14 days till Wintersday starts on Guildwars 2. The Goal: Get my Warrior to level 80 before the event.

Edit: Now with tumblr http://cadmas.tumblr.com/
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:23:56 AM by Dlanor A. Knox »

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 03:08:28 PM »
You poor, poor crazy person you.

Not sure if this is more of an accomplishment, or a test of patience: In Wild Arms 3, I defeated the bonus boss in the Dissection Facility...After waiting a bunch of turns with Dark Ward equipped, so I could build up the EXP multiplier to the maximum. Ended up gaining like ten levels from that fight :V
Heimdal Gazzo?  It's pretty easy to cheese some of the bonus bosses with 100% elemental warding.  Perhaps I should have done that on Kraken as to not have that battle last 45 minutes with the reviving and trying to charge Finest Arts :fail: 

Also in my recent 10th anniversary playthrough I learned you can still do Gunner's Heaven and such
Spoiler:
after Nightmare Castle and everyone loses their memories
so there's a challenge if you're cocky, go do all of those bonus bosses
Spoiler:
when you're not longer able to save because all the memory bots are broken

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 11:16:39 PM »
So on my 3rd day of playing around with Super Hexagon (Yay for Steam Sales) I managed to get 70 seconds on the Hexagon Stage; thus 'beating' the level.

That was a nice moment... More so with the fact that my left arrow key is now broken! :V
But still, it felt good. 5 to go~ ><

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 03:01:24 AM »
Heimdal Gazzo?  It's pretty easy to cheese some of the bonus bosses with 100% elemental warding.  Perhaps I should have done that on Kraken as to not have that battle last 45 minutes with the reviving and trying to charge Finest Arts :fail: 
Yeah, the first time I fought him, I got beat pretty badly. XD

EDIT: Just beat Kraken, Took less time than I expected. >_> (I had to run up the EXP multiplier while casting Pressure with Gallows so the boss wouldn't counter my guys)

I just finished Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus! I got all the Vaults, but I'm not that interested in the Master Thief Sprints (why didn't they put them in a trophy along with the rest of the pickups in the Sly Collection...?). Still, finishing the game is a reward in and of itself, right? :D

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 01:43:26 PM »
Accomplishments:
Every other game I played = Completing the game
Every other game I played = Completing other stuff

Pretty much that's it. I'm not really one of those people who backlogs a lot  of games and comes back for them later...well except for some annoying ones. NES and SNES games...now that was hard shit.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope was pretty damn hard in completing trophies. One wrong move, and you might miss a bunch of trophies. Recently though, Played through Skyrim again, even though I had it done, it's nice to see yourself equipped with much better stuff and better perks than last time you made mistakes.

Diablo III on Inferno with friends...an accomplishment? Playing Starcraft 2 finally beating atleast a Master for the first time.

Well let's see. Probably one of the proud achievements I did was back when I finished Valkyrie Profile on Hard and finally getting A Ending and finishing Seraphic Gate<<Trust me, you'd be better off reading walkthroughs, rather than experimenting a bunch of stuff that'll take you months to do...which I did. Beating FFXII Yiazmat was also quite good. Much better than my old FFVII achievements. There's a lot actually...Earthbound, Suikoden, Chrono Series, Terranigma...etc

Though it seems like all I have is RPG accomplishments...I do have other genres done. It's just that RPGs are much better to be proud of in my sense though, since of it's wide gameplay. Though I wished I played more Megaman though. Quite hard in the first time around.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 01:49:57 PM by En »

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 03:20:04 PM »
I'm not even sure which things I've done before that I'd be proud of. Maybe completing Crash Bandicoot 1 and 2 100% in less than one day? That was years ago though.

One I just got was finally becoming an Arch Bishop in RO, my very first 3rd class character. Anyone who hasn't played RO won't understand just how much time went into getting this far.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 04:20:46 PM »
Top 16 ranked player in PvP of Estiah overall
Top 1 ranked player in PvP of Estiah within my Class (Warden).

My aim is to break 7000 rating.

In the game, you start at 1500 rating, with maximum rating of 2000. The only way to increase it is via coliseum.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 06:45:44 PM »
accomplishments I can remember :p

- 5 millions in Varth (while also reaching stage 23 for the first time, and getting past stage 17 which seemed like a wall that I rarely got to reach), more than a year or two ago, don't remember
- AH3's Flawless Victory, Obtuse Angel and Alchemist of Life trophy, without Simple Mode (though the latter was done with around 15 continues, each continue decrease Parace L'sia's maximum HP; the gameplan I used was to use the Halo arcana's super as a counter and hope that it hits her :p)
- "defeated" Aquapazza's Story Mode and Another Story Mode (on lvl 8, 1 round to make it faster -- and easier imho -- to "beat" the game) as Touka+Satsuki, fought Tamaki as Boss Ma-ryan's partner, spent over 15 continues on each, spent more against Chizuru (thought she would be easier than Tamaki, found out that her hp regen has been buffed up in her boss mode and that she's on permanent self-buff status -- her 222+BC buff, is faster than any other character in the game iirc and if she does her 3-wave super, you'll get guardbroken *and* receive around 20~25% damage). Tamaki has a reliable antiair, her partner's (Boss Ma-Ryan) skills are useful and damaging, and her throw super *hurts*, being in permanent emotion high state (both her and Tamaki are in this state so they deal the most damage and don't get guardbroken through low emotion). I'd say, both bosses will truly test your patience (on lvl 8, at least), especially Chizuru, in case you ever get curious and/or have the chance to try taking on them :D

currently I'm focusing more on fighting games (due to finally getting a PS3 in the middle of the year and then the games and then being invited to play with other people and in local tournaments), and of course, doing well against human opponents is more difficult. Still, if I have some landmarks, I thought I'd post them here :p
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Jq1790

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 10:05:08 PM »
Some DDR stuff (All on a SuperNova machine nearby where I work.  All are on Heavy/Expert unless otherwise specified.):
-Brought my score on Exotic Ethnic down from 5 noncombos to 3
-Am apparently consistent in scoring between 8.3mil-8.7mil on Healing Vision: Angelic Mix
-Came REALLY close to passing Paranoia Survivor, which is a first for me in the arcade(Normally I only get to the part before the deathstreams before dying out.  this time I got about halfway through them, probably only failing due to fatigue at that point since it was in like my 5th-and-final set of 4 songs.)
-Have also nearly beaten Max 300, which at home was my first 10 passed outside of Sakura.

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 11:58:50 PM »
100% Super meat boy
7000+ deaths.
You can only imagine the amount of ragequits.
Extra stages cleared : EoSD, PCB, PCB Phantasm, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 01:59:16 AM »
100% Super meat boy
7000+ deaths.
You can only imagine the amount of ragequits.
The Completionist's review of Super Meat Boy showed him with over 18000. :V

I just 100%'d Adventure Time for the 3DS, myself. That's about it...The game has some funny dialogue in it, but the actual game feels...Lacking. Ah well.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 02:00:49 AM »
The Completionist's review of Super Meat Boy showed him with over 18000. :V

I just 100%'d Adventure Time for the 3DS, myself. That's about it...The game has some funny dialogue in it, but the actual game feels...Lacking. Ah well.
Pretty much a good majority of liscenced Video Games (but not all of em) in a nutshell.

As for me, I finally completed Career Mode in Sonic& All-Star Racing Transformed 100% earlier today, that's every challenge on Expert difficulty and my GOD it was not easy, ESPECIALLY the bloody Traffic Attack Challenges, those challenges can suffer through Gengestu's Rape Time for eternity for all I care :V
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 10:36:50 AM »
I'm among the 2000 best(#1969) in a map in Osu, more specifically, Phantom Ensemble Easy Mode.

Relatedly, I got a max 472 combo on that same beatmap.

Amazing how much easier that map got once I discovered you can simply press Z instead of clicking.

Now, on to getting an SS ranking and starting to play with modifiers.

@EDIT

Just got my first SS Rank in Osu! (Angel of Darkness Nightcore Mix Easy) with Hidden and Hard Rock on.

Also, I'm number #646 in the rankings of Phantom Ensemble Easy with only Hard Rock turned on, if I manage to get a good Hard Rock and Hidden run going, I can get to the top 400, which makes my name be displayed in the global rankings! :D (Granted, on the very last page, still.)

Tried Hard Rock and Flashlight for Phantom Ensemble but I keep losing my combo halfway through, also tried Hidden, Hard Rock and Flashlight all in the same run, turns out Hard Rock is still as meaningless as ever, but Hidden and Flashlight make a huge difference, especially when together.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 03:37:28 PM by Motomiya Sacchi »

Aromeia

• Stuck in the PC-98 Era.
  • I crave for a contest of strength.
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 10:48:03 AM »
1. A complete, no-damage Arcade run on Soku using Suika.
2. Defeated Story Mode, Extra Mode, and all the characters in Match Mode in PoFV, on all difficulty settings, using no focus.
3. Defeated Baal in a single hit in Disgaea and Disgaea 2.
4. Defeated Carbuncle 15 times in a row on Hard difficulty on PuyoPuyo Fever.
5. Became infamous on the local vicinity as the person who only knows how to fabulously defeat people in Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3, on 820HP.
6. Made wonky but really fun character builds in Ragnarok Online, something that caught a trend for three months until the newer games came out.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:27:38 AM by Aromeia »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 06:21:12 AM »
Astrid just capped Strength in my FE9 file. She's already capped Skill, and Defense/Speed aren't too far off. Definitely gonna use her in FE10 when I finish this game. :D

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 03:08:05 PM »
I'm among the 2000 best(#1969) in a map in Osu, more specifically, Phantom Ensemble Easy Mode.

Relatedly, I got a max 472 combo on that same beatmap.

Amazing how much easier that map got once I discovered you can simply press Z instead of clicking.

Now, on to getting an SS ranking and starting to play with modifiers.

@EDIT

Just got my first SS Rank in Osu! (Angel of Darkness Nightcore Mix Easy) with Hidden and Hard Rock on.

Also, I'm number #646 in the rankings of Phantom Ensemble Easy with only Hard Rock turned on, if I manage to get a good Hard Rock and Hidden run going, I can get to the top 400, which makes my name be displayed in the global rankings! :D (Granted, on the very last page, still.)

Tried Hard Rock and Flashlight for Phantom Ensemble but I keep losing my combo halfway through, also tried Hidden, Hard Rock and Flashlight all in the same run, turns out Hard Rock is still as meaningless as ever, but Hidden and Flashlight make a huge difference, especially when together.
Wow...I remember my first time playing OSU...damn using a mouse is hard, especially on those circly thingies you have to twist.

Oh btw, anyone here finished everything on The Binding of Isaac? I only got as far as a few endings, but not all of them.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 03:19:58 PM »
I got Platinum God on it.

Then my computer died, so I'll have to restart if I play it again. But I did do everything.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 05:37:49 PM »
I got Platinum God on it.
Same here. Only item I was missing was "Sacred Heart," but I'm not gonna touch that game again. It's too addictiing. XD

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 11:13:16 AM »
http://wl.attrib.org/estiah/replay/61a54723

Astrolabia is victorious!
Astrolabia receives item: [Green Soul Crystal]
Astrolabia claims 408g of bounty on Pirthalos.

PvP Rating: Astrolabia (+12), Pirthalos (-10)

Pirthalos's Maximum PvP Rating decreases by 2

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Jq1790

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 02:51:33 PM »
Finally passed Paranoia Survivor on the local DDR SuperNova cabinet.  My score was atrocious, but a pass is a pass.  Pic will be forthcoming once Imgur decides to cooperate, just because.

(It SAYS I got a B, but Supernova's grading system was all kinds of messed up and it's really more of a low C/high D grade.)

Next target:  Max 300!  My first hard 10 passed at home, so it should be interesting seeing how long it takes me to pass it in the arcade.

EDIT:  http://imgur.com/JhHQC
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 02:54:53 PM by Jq1790 »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 08:50:29 PM »
Wow, I know Aether was a requirement for the Black Knight fight in FE9, but luck was on my side: not only did I get the one Aether I needed, I got TWO in a row! That battle didn't last very long at all XD. What made it more epic was that I played Sonic's "Fight the Knight" theme as it played, I felt it was an appropriate song for this fight.

EDIT: I just finished FE9 now, on Normal. My MVP was Oscar with 111 kills. Ike only got like...78. Marcia got an even 100 kills. I forgot what the rest were. XD But I also managed to max out Ike, Oscar, Marcia, Astrid, Zihark and Jill (20/20 in their most important stats), so FE10 should be a bit easier. :3c For now though...I deserve a break.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2012, 10:05:20 PM »
EDIT:  http://imgur.com/JhHQC

Better score than I ever got on this song.

I don't know shit about how the grading system is done in SuperNova but my grade in DDRX upon first pass was a D and got like 20+ misses so I can see 14 something being a low B.

Jq1790

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2012, 11:31:11 PM »
Better score than I ever got on this song.

I don't know shit about how the grading system is done in SuperNova but my grade in DDRX upon first pass was a D and got like 20+ misses so I can see 14 something being a low B.
It isn't related to any special formulas, I'm pretty sure, only your numerical grade.  IIRC a D was anything under 6 million, Cs were between 6-7 million, Bs were 7 million-8,099,999, As were 8.1mil-9.5, AAs were 9.5-9,999,999, and a AAA was of course a perfect 10 million.

If my score were ported to DDRX I'm pretty sure it'd be a low C.

Either way, if you managed to PASS the song, that's plenty of accomplishment right there!  Those ending streams are absolutely insane when you're not someone well into playing 10s.  (Of course stuff from the newer games is beyond ridiculous, but we won't get into that here.  If you feel like chatting more DDR, feel free to message me!)