Author Topic: Yukari's powers... What would you do with them?  (Read 13051 times)

Spriteadam

• Embodiment of Fear and Darkness
  • Is that so!
Re: Yukari's powers... What would you do with them?
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2012, 05:04:55 PM »
The fun thing about the power of boundaries?
If you're clever enough, you really can do anything you want with it. The only limits are your own imagination, and what you can think up.
I have a good interest into philosophy and I am a deep thinker,so I guess I might screw around with the border of evolution and evolve the human beings mind to reach there true potential of imaginative understanding(Breaking the boundary of their own imaginative limits within their mind),and of course figure out how the first ever particle was created from pure nothingness.

Ghostly

• Wish I would get a dual swords.
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2012, 02:41:12 AM »
Simply use gaps to get to Gensokyo. But I also want to send a train from the boundaries to scare someone.

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2012, 07:07:42 AM »
I have a good interest into philosophy and I am a deep thinker,so I guess I might screw around with the border of evolution and evolve the human beings mind to reach there true potential of imaginative understanding(Breaking the boundary of their own imaginative limits within their mind)
Nonononono, don't even think. Human's fully functioning brain is too powerful to exist in 8*109 copies.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2012, 07:37:59 AM »
Hand to Miko, I would honestly use gaps in the most fantastically lazy manner possible. Simultaneously opening a gap in a wardrobe, wherever it is I'm going, in front of myself, and on my clothing to walk though in pajamas and emerge dressed for the occasion.

Why open doors when you can just put a gap on either side and slip right through?

Eventually the degree of lethargy reaches such a crescendo that eating becomes a blase affair- simply allow the nutrients to pass into your system and stimulate your taste buds with anything that might be pleasant before letting its components move elsewhere in the world.
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2012, 07:43:05 AM »
Gap-based amusement park.

WHEEEEEEEEE!

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Vael

• Weaver of Illusions, Shaman of Dreams
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2012, 10:33:12 AM »
Lady Yukari's powers for one day?

I'd prolly ask her permission to grant myself control over the Boundary of Imagination and Reality...with some limitations, and then gap myself all over the world, experiencing and enjoying as much as I can before gapping into Gensokyo to settle there. Add to that a few tweaks to my health and fitness levels; another to my brain for a proper memory, perfect understanding of ALL languages; one to all my senses to fix them up to human limits with the added bonus of being able to perceive and touch spirits; and lastly one final tweak to make sure I can never, ever get drunk.

Beyond using the powers for myself, I won't do much help anyone else to be honest, not unless they attract my attention somehow, there's just too much that could either go wrong (especially if I get it into my head that I could help everyone)...plus, I'm firm believer in earning salvation.

The last thing I'd do before leaving is to make all traces (records, my stuff, memories...that jazz) of my existence are gone or come with me (some of my stuff), and that no one remembers me.

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2012, 08:39:21 AM »
Sounds like I'd be busy making intricate gap networks connecting me to basically anywhere far away from my home that I feel like I'll frequent a lot. Create a gap to a certain location that only I know, and then from there on, create as many gaps taking me to places that would usually take so much time and money to go to by any other available means of transportation (Tokyo, Seoul, and London would be the first three places I'll make gaps to. Then I would start working my way through all major cities in the U.S. where I would have to visit more than once in a year - DC, New York, and Nashville maybe). In the end I'll have access to at least like 90 different cities worldwide I frequently visit or I feel like visiting.

Or instead, I'd direct all these gaps to different bank locations worldwide so that the destination is set to the floor of all safes. Money will start pouring in from the safes :] :]

Edit: For my second case, I guess I'll have to destroy the gaps right before the 24 hour period ends so that police can't track me lol
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

Vael

• Weaver of Illusions, Shaman of Dreams
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2012, 09:59:08 AM »
Just remembered something else:

I would also set up a "Gensokyo" in each major area of the world and hopefully attract any surviving supernatural creatures and spiritually aware humans, each one would be connected to a supernatural keystone (like the Hakurei Shrine) and then I would connect them all (including Gensokyo) to each other through the Keystones. Each one would be maintained and controlled by Spiritually Powerful Human, and travels between each Boundary would be possible through these Keystones.

=====================================================================================

Of course this would be impossible to set up in a day, I could prolly get away with one, but I would try to discuss the idea with Lady Yukari after my day is done.

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2012, 11:02:24 AM »
Nothing too amazing, really. I would probably be a very boring Yukari. :V Even if only for one day, I wouldn't like cheating through the use of things like "Border of Wealth and Poverty" and such, and as much as I'd like to improve my Touhou skills, manipulating the "Border of Failure and Perfection" is just wrong and would ruin the fun. :V

Instead, I may just visit Gensokyo and try to talk with Mokou for a while. I'm sure she would have a quite few interesting things to say, that is, if she would even say anything to a random guy who came from nowhere. (no "Border of Speech and Silence" craziness either!) Sometimes I wonder what my favorite characters might think, and that would be the best way to find out. Might consider finding Kaguya as well.

If I decided to stay in Gensokyo, I'd give myself/ask Yukari for a random power. Truly random, I should not know it until the next day. I could only hope it's not something completely useless, but if it was I guess I'd have to deal with it. :derp: SirBlueberry used Splash!

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2012, 12:05:09 PM »
Turning myself into a super-genius (is that even possible? I'm honestly not too familiar with Yukari's powers).  Screwing the life of everyone I hate. Traveling to Gensokyo to study magic and become a youkai magician and I'll most likely ask Patchouli for that, hopefully she would help me and I won't get beaten by Remilia :( Well, I can use this power when I'm cornered. I'm going to ask Yukari to take me back to outside world and make sure everything goes normal in outside world when I'm done with my study
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:34:26 PM by Yomihime »
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

Hawkpath1337

• Winston Churchill was a Boss.
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2012, 04:56:33 AM »
I would make my ears less sensitive.

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2012, 05:21:51 AM »
What the power to sleep for months on end? How about kill myself.

Alicirno

• Seer of Heart
  • Paruparuparu
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2012, 01:41:26 AM »
Manipulate the border of Fantasy and Reality and break every law of Physics that exists. This will cause Earth to completely cave in on itself, whilst the Universe will be left to decompose until nothing is left. Then Gensokyo will be the only place in which matter or energy exists. It will be the true apocalypse.

Spoiler:
Then I wake up to find myself in my own bed, with nothing of the sort above to have happened.

Gensokyo Dreadnought

• Fantastic Dreadnought o' War
  • Ran said no more capitalism...
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2012, 09:57:18 PM »
Yukari's powers? The only thing I would do is to manipulate my border of intelligence and perception of space-time.

I want to increase my intelligence just enough that I can replicate Yukari's border powers again. I would probably turn it into something physical or embed it deep within my anatomy.

And when the one day is over, I will start my journey becoming the most intelligent life form in the multiverses.

The grand adventure awaits.   :]

Maribel Hearn

• TD scorer
    • Portal
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2012, 10:23:15 PM »
I'd have a lot to do with Yukari's powers, obviously.

I would gap:
- Myself to every country in the world briefly just to have visited all of them
- Myself to online friends to meet them in real life
- People I hate far, far away from me, both literally and figurally

I would manipulate the border(s) between:
- Countries, so my online friends live closer to me
- Connections and disconnections, so random internet failures stop happening

And an uncountable number of other things. I can't mention everything, you know.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2013, 07:27:47 AM »
Well other than troll a couple of people on the internet:

I'd send food directly to places in the world that need it.
I'd break down the language border thing.
Probably capture myself some criminals.
destroy chinese internet censorship (one way or another)
Win the syrian civil war on the side of the rebels (probably through leader capturing)
Attempt to destroy al qaeda
do wierd things to myself

well I'll attempt all these things anyway. I don't really know the limitations on Yukari's powers. I'd probably take that gap to gensokyo before the day is over though.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!