Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 8 - Shadow Isles Edition  (Read 186355 times)

Re: League of Legends Thread 8 - Shadow Isles Edition
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2012, 07:17:31 PM »
Made about 3000ip. I wish ip rates were like this all the time.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2012, 08:26:51 PM »
TT Singed.

Oh god.  17/4/11, poison everything, carry all day.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2012, 09:22:58 PM »
>Play ARAM
>"Oh hey Fiddlesticks, let's see what I can do here"
>Get Pentakill at like seven minutes
>Get another Quadra Kill at the end of the game, only lose out on a SECOND PENTA due to Soraka banana

this was the silliest goddamn game
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 09:33:58 PM by Garlyle »

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2012, 09:51:32 PM »
Brother's friend unplugged the internet and replugged it. Then I went into a game and couldn't get to it so I got a leave.
Don't understand how I can have internet but not be able to connect to the internet but still be able to be put into a game.

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2012, 09:58:14 PM »
Double IP, spamming games like crazy. Making around 1.5k ip a day lol

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2012, 10:26:19 PM »
I'll be at your funeral.

Akali and Draven freeweek here, what do?

Prepare for the LEAGUE OF DRRRRAAAAAVVVVVVEEEEEN.

If you wanna support get ready to go Taric or Janna, they work well with Draven.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2012, 10:43:51 PM »
Don't get much closer than that.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2012, 11:18:21 PM »
Double IP, spamming games like crazy. Making around 1.5k ip a day lol
I really wish I had more time to play... made about 700 yesterday with 3 games.

I don't think I'll get to play today as much as I want to cuz lol school stuff even though it's Sunday.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2012, 12:36:18 AM »
Prepare for the LEAGUE OF DRRRRAAAAAVVVVVVEEEEEN.

If you wanna support get ready to go Taric or Janna, they work well with Draven.

That reminds me, who do I buy first, LeBlanc (for the twintits build) or Janna?

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2012, 04:09:04 AM »
So yeah I am just going to start banning rengar forever in normal draft. If I feel like buying 300 armor is the only way to survive regardless of who I am playing while also placing pinks everywhere then I just don't want to deal with him.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2012, 04:24:13 AM »
So yeah I am just going to start banning rengar forever in normal draft. If I feel like buying 300 armor is the only way to survive regardless of who I am playing while also placing pinks everywhere then I just don't want to deal with him.

I share similar feeling about Eve mid. I just don't feel like dealing with her crap.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2012, 04:27:50 AM »
On the plus side, both have nerfs incoming!  Eve's are pretty nasty, too, especially including the DFG nerf.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2012, 05:33:32 AM »
On the plus side, both have nerfs incoming!  Eve's are pretty nasty, too, especially including the DFG nerf.

I guess. I wish it were on her speed buff though. 70% holy crap.

EDIT: It also removes slows too >:(

Nunu is not happy about this.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 05:46:15 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2012, 06:05:10 AM »
I actually lost a game as eve. My team snuck Baron then rushed 2 mid tower and decided to dive Annie.

Spoilers:
Spoiler:
They all died and I watched

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2012, 07:23:34 AM »
I actually lost a game as eve. My team snuck Baron then rushed 2 mid tower and decided to dive Annie.

Spoilers:
Spoiler:
They all died and I watched

the spoilers give me a mental image of eve tenting her fingers like yesss yessssssssss

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2012, 11:05:06 AM »
> Is locked Renekton with no-one moaning about me toplane.

> Someone locks Riven, who I ry to convince to jungle but nope.avi and I don't get chance to put on Smite or jungle masteries.

> Farms top like a boss and rushes Wriggles

> Jungles anyway

> Become unkillable boss Renekton who makes all the calls and carries the game by jumping in front of all the Blitz grabs, bum-rushing and stunning fed MF every teamfight with 300 armor, and generally not dying.

I turned a horrible situation into a good one somehow ._. With Smiteless Renekton jungle.

What.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Error

• No escape.
  • ˙ǝdɐɔsǝ oN
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2012, 11:46:44 PM »
Sometimes I almost feel bad for going Eve mid.
These feelings of guilt vanish when I see an Ezreal on the enemy team.

It's too bad one of the most hated champs in the game (aside from teemo) is getting nerfed yet again, even though she needs it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 05:39:03 AM by Error »

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2012, 12:02:53 AM »
I am so mad right now

So I get into a normal game and choose MF. Someone picks Soraka and announces they're going top - well, whatever, it's just a normal game, right? Then the Lee Sin says he's laning with Soraka up top. Our Talon decided to jungle and couldn't switch back before I could dodge the game. I should have dodged this game. Well, 1v2 bot lane, could be worse. At least I'm a ranged champ, right?

~*Ez/Taric botlane*~

I curse the entire world at this point and do what I can, which is generally getting a few cs during waves that are pushed to my tower and soaking up experience as safely as possible otherwise. We all beg Soraka to go bot but she had an idea in her head to build hybrid AD/AP with Lee as support up top. I died only once during the laning phase, which I'm personally really proud of - I was only around 40 cs behind the Ezreal(and like five kills because people were feeding), but despite my greatest efforts to farm back up afterwards I just couldn't do it. The Soraka even had the gall to trash talk me, too.

What the fuck.

That was the worst game I've had in a while. I haven't genuinely been able to blame my team and not myself at all in months.

FUCK

They wouldn't even listen to my pleas to let bot tower fall so I could freeze my lane, which I figured was my only chance at catching up, other than roaming(which didn't work out too well, though I didn't really die doing it). I don't understand. I JUST DON'T

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2012, 01:24:09 AM »
I just reminded myself why I need to buy Skarner.

A Skarner and a Katarina invade the enemy blue buff and find 5 wild enemies camping for us.

None remain, although we did both die, cleanup crew arrived to wipe out the last ~400 HP off 2 people. Que surrender vote because me and Kat basically 2v5'ed.

Also attempting to get back to grips with Fiora. Parrying Crushing Blows from Wukongs...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 01:58:46 AM by Raikaria »

gammaraptor

« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2012, 02:01:43 AM »
Free week skarner, vayne, and ziggs. good week :D

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2012, 02:31:58 PM »
Hmmm...thinking about playing AP Trist...

Boots and 3-> kages->Sorc Shoes->haunting Guise-> Deathfire Grasp->Deathcap

or

Boots and 3-> Catalyst-> RoA->Sorc Shoes->Kages->Deathcap->Deathfire Grasp-> Abyssal/Zhonyas-> defensive item.

Maybe add in a Lich Bane for poking with explosive shot.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2012, 02:35:58 PM »

or

Boots and 3-> Catalyst-> RoA->Sorc Shoes->Kages->Deathcap->Deathfire Grasp-> Abyssal/Zhonyas-> defensive item.

If you're going to play AP Trist, rush DFG. By the time you get it you'll probably be past level 6 and ready for your Jump -> E -> DFG -> R assassination combo, which is pretty much the only thing you do as AP Trist. What I was generally doing was going boots -> kage's -> dfg -> deathcap, and then seeing where I was from there. Lich Bane is probably a good idea as well.

Your full combo will have a somewhat higher cooldown after the DFG nerfs but I think the active on it will still be okay. The general problem with AP Trist is that she's completely useless after spending her combo(well, and that her q is pointless unless you're fighting in the midst of lots of minions or something), so in teamfights, try and get to the enemy carry, assassinate, and jump out to safety.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 02:38:59 PM by DarkslimeZ »

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2012, 03:20:49 PM »
If you're going to play AP Trist, rush DFG. By the time you get it you'll probably be past level 6 and ready for your Jump -> E -> DFG -> R assassination combo, which is pretty much the only thing you do as AP Trist. What I was generally doing was going boots -> kage's -> dfg -> deathcap, and then seeing where I was from there. Lich Bane is probably a good idea as well.

Your full combo will have a somewhat higher cooldown after the DFG nerfs but I think the active on it will still be okay. The general problem with AP Trist is that she's completely useless after spending her combo(well, and that her q is pointless unless you're fighting in the midst of lots of minions or something), so in teamfights, try and get to the enemy carry, assassinate, and jump out to safety.

Hmm...but she has really high base damages and nice ap scaling. Does she really need DFG that badly? Also, if she kills someone, there's always the chance of using W for more damage. Just feel like she should have a little tankiness somewhere.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2012, 06:15:27 PM »
With 2 skills that actually do instant damage she's not killing anyone without DFG.

gammaraptor

« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2012, 06:35:15 PM »
With 2 skills that actually do instant damage she's not killing anyone without DFG.

Agreed, dfg is a must on a AP trist. Early game, ap trist hard counters akali, katarina, and kassadin mid (assuming you're good, a good AP trist completely wrecks me when I play akali but when they're bad, I wreck them.), but as soon as they go into mid game, she falls off a bit in terms of burst. DFG should help you keep up and give you a good transitional item as you get your main damage items.

« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2012, 07:47:26 PM »
Tried Elise a bit. Unfortunately I don't think she has any support potential because her only utility spell is her stun, which is a worse version of Taric's stun since it's a skill shot and does no damage. Plus her spider form needs items to be able to be tanky + deal damage in fights.

Her passive is kinda cool in that it encourages uses of both her forms and allows her human form to flow into her spider form as one big combo: E stun, Q W for damage and get 3 spiders R, transform, Q leap, W buff, E gap close if they flash, Q spam since it has low cooldown. How OP or UP she is depends on how much damage this combo does but at least it's way easier to do than Syndra's stupid shit. You only get 3 spiderlings out of her potential max of 5 with this combo, but it's not hard to charge them up at all really.

In terms of her skills, her human form stuff is all pretty standard: skillshot stun, single target damage skill (with a nice current %hp based boost for starting your combo), and a placement aoe skill. Her spider form is kinda like Nidalee but much more about getting in then out. I thought Q was a leap since it says "she lunges" but it's really just a single target attack. It deals % damage based on missing HP, so in theory it works well with her human form Q if comboed with after. The W boost lets you and your spiderlings dunk enemies or towers and you'll deal a fair amount if you have max spiderlings out. The duration is pretty low but so is the cooldown.

Finally her E is her most interesting ability since everything else is really basic. I thought would work like Vlad's pool sorta but it doesn't. You can only use it to get in, not out, unless there is an enemy minion or something that you can target. Essentially it's a gap closer, but you also have the choice to use it for temporary invincibility like a Zhonya's so that's pretty cool. Maybe people will find out some sick tricks you can do with it, like pull turret aggro for your team then pull out, or jump in and juke ultimates with it. The startup animation doesn't look instant though like Vlad pool so whether or not you can use it to dodge stuff easily depends on how riot coded it and I haven't really tested that.

All in all I don't know if she'll end up good or bad but at least she's waaaay better than Syndra. I image she'll be great at roaming ganks with her E stun and gap closer. Even if you miss your stun you can just jump straight into spider form and start fuckin shit up :V

Also Zombie Brand is a god tier skin
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 07:51:37 PM by Suikama »

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2012, 10:47:48 PM »
Ryuu, tell me how to AD TF, I'm having lots of fun with TF and his whip-snappy card noises

Taboo

• FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW
  • FLY AWAAAAAAAY
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2012, 11:22:50 PM »
People that went to playoffs got codes for Riot Graves and Arcade Sona. Used one of each for myself and gave the other four out already, shoulda gave them out here '-'

« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2012, 11:30:01 PM »
Ryuu, tell me how to AD TF, I'm having lots of fun with TF and his whip-snappy card noises
You play AD TF by playing him as AP :V

The only advantage AD TF has over anything really is he has a slight 15% attack speed increase with his E. Everything else of his is based on AP.

Also his ult doesn't have unlimited range, so while as mid you can gank any lane, if you AD bot, you can only help mid.

If you really want to play him AD though then pretty much build him like every AD champ.

Boots + 3 pots start. Then go for two doran's blades and berzerker boots. Then a BF Sword, Zeal, and a vamp scep for the mid game kit. Then turn the BF into Infinity, Zeal into Phantom Dancer, and Scep into Bloodthrister. Then grab Last Whisper and Guardian angel to complete your kit.

My Sona ranked winrate keeps going down because my friends keep trolling :derp:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 03:00:07 AM by Suikama »

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2012, 03:08:19 AM »

or

ap tristana is a gimmicky(but fun from time to time) build but not actually viable. dfg and lichbane are practically required.

Your full combo will have a somewhat higher cooldown after the DFG nerfs but I think the active on it will still be okay.

they're nerfing dfg to have a higher cd than trist's ult???

Tried Elise a bit. Unfortunately I don't think she has any support potential

HA HA JUST YOU WAIT

okay first you go mid and then you build double dorans and a kage's pi--
You play AD TF by playing him as AP :V

sob

but yeah. ad tf has a shorter range so it's difficult for him to work against other carries. his ult range nerf also killed his ability to split push super effectively like he used to be able to do. ap just does better overall now.

If you really want to play him AD though then pretty much build him like every AD champ.

Boots + 3 pots start. Then go for two doran's blades and berzerker boots. Then a BF Sword, Zeal, and a vamp scep for the mid game kit. Then turn the BF into Infinity, Zeal into Phantom Dancer, and Scep into Bloodthrister. Then grab Last Whisper and Guardian angel to complete your kit.

this, except you go ie pd lw and then bt and not ie pd bt

if you're really behind you might have to go ie lw and leave zeal. or bt zeal depending

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess