Author Topic: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion  (Read 370462 times)

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Re: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2012, 07:29:11 PM »
I just want to know something: The minimal requirements to play this.

Given that my computer is really crappy, probably I will have a lot of trouble trying to run it since it's a HI-RES game.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2012, 07:29:12 PM »
I don't believe anything good can come out of a 13.x title  :V

A fighter? Good for those who appreciates those I guess but pretty meh for a guy like me. Oh well, even though i'm not into fighters I still had quite a bit of fun with Hisoutensoku so get hype? Maybe.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2012, 07:31:51 PM »
excitement get~

It's a delight to know that there are 3D backgrounds now. Plus with the hopeful advantage of Murasa tossing around anchors and having Ichirin and Unzan working like a JBA character, because ZUN needed to find a new way to use JoJo refrences.

Kourin should be playable.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2012, 07:39:38 PM »
I'm confused about in which thread I should be talking about this game. How does this discussion differ from the Front Page one?

Not being a smart-ass here or trying to be mean. I genuinely don't get the difference. What am I missing?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2012, 07:42:03 PM »
I'm confused about in which thread I should be talking about this game. How does this discussion differ from the Front Page one?

Not being a smart-ass here or trying to be mean. I genuinely don't get the difference. What am I missing?

What happened was when I first found the news of 13.5 on Pixiv and posted the news thread I didn't know another thread had been made at nearly the same time. :V

Tengukami

« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2012, 07:56:44 PM »
But you didn't make either thread. What are you talking about?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2012, 07:57:49 PM »
I'm gonna have so much fun with this once it's released (hopefully I get some time to order it early...the next few months tend to be rough on my credit card due to holidays and October having several subscriptions up for renewal).

And a thought that just popped into my mind because, well, I tend to have interesting or hilarious wanderings (crack or possibilities) when I start thinking about Touhou.  As said by other people, there's a low likelyhood of a lot of earlier fighting game characters appearing due to the lack of involvement with the religious conflict.  So now my mind just went over and thought, "If that's so, as it probably is, Yukari is going to be watching the whole thing via a gap with some popcorn she procured from the outside!"

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2012, 08:00:56 PM »
I'm sorry, it's just that the site doesn't look too professional and it could be something else.

I ordered something from them once... I never got it - but also was never charged. Their site's really a mess.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2012, 08:03:01 PM »
As said by other people, there's a low likelyhood of a lot of earlier fighting game characters appearing due to the lack of involvement with the religious conflict.  So now my mind just went over and thought, "If that's so, as it probably is, Yukari is going to be watching the whole thing via a gap with some popcorn she procured from the outside!"

Actually, I think Yukari has a significant chance of appearing. She's a major character who's strongly invested in maintaining the status quo in Gensokyo and has been known to back Reimu up in the past, so I could see her being a part of the Shinto faction. Furthermore, her ability makes it pretty easy to think up moves for her.

Tengukami

« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2012, 08:05:42 PM »
I personally love the religious war angle. Gensokyo is a tiny place, and considering how the Taoists and Buddhists ended up there, that some kind of conflict would develop would be entirely expected.

Also, totally rooting for Shinto here.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2012, 08:06:18 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH MY GOD.

:getdown: :getdown: :getdown: This is the best day of my life :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:

Oh god I'm so excited. Myouren crew in a fighting game? YES. Taoists in a fighting game? YES.

This is so much yes.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2012, 08:07:40 PM »
I will play this game if Kyouko is in it.

That is saying a lot.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2012, 08:14:01 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH MY GOD.

:getdown: :getdown: :getdown: This is the best day of my life :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:

Oh god I'm so excited. Myouren crew in a fighting game? YES. Taoists in a fighting game? YES.

This is so much yes.
That's just like how I was acting when I first saw the news except I was at school and all like: "YEEEEEEEESSSSSHHHHH I CAN DIE HAPPILY NOW" Then people started staring at me...

« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2012, 08:18:44 PM »
Also, what's Marisa doing here? Religion has never been her thing. :V

She did build a shrine once. She's fighting for the Church of Marisa

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2012, 08:19:57 PM »
Also don't get me invovled in tryin to guess who the new final boss will be, because I wouldn't be sure without more context to the story.
The prologue suggests the voice the humans have heard could possibly be an actual thing. Since it's a reference to japanese history itself, it could be another old forgotten thing that's become a youkai of some sort, and is entering Gensokyo.

Or there could be just final bosses of the factions duking it out. Either or seems like it'd work out.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:37:38 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2012, 08:25:09 PM »
Looking at the screenies it seems the graze got upgraded to a street fighterish dodge type. Techs and counters would be so much easier if that's the case  :D

Edit: seems like the round is split into two modes- danmaku and melee. Similar to ultimate tenkaichi battle system of blast range and melee range
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:33:52 PM by iori98 »

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2012, 08:29:38 PM »
But you didn't make either thread. What are you talking about?

I started the thread in the News forum then somehow the OP got replaced by HGH's post.

I distinctly remember posting a news thread with an ecstatic-sounding subject line in there and now that post is HGH's. ???
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:34:32 PM by Narly Nyuudou Nun »

Hakurou Tengu

• End of Daylight
  • Pi-hyarara~ Pi-hyarara~
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2012, 08:31:17 PM »
Another fighting game so soon? That's nothing to complain about! It certainly looks really nice. I just hope the general playstyle is similar to 10.5 & 12.3, or even 7.5 (which was kinda odd, honestly).

REALLY want to know what characters will be introduced or brought back. I think Byakuren and Miko are a given, but that's just me. I don't want to hope too much, but I'm so freaking excited for this right now  :getdown:
~We?re the only ones who can decide whether something was fortunate or unfortunate. It all depends on whether we find a new vision born within a different perspective~

Tengukami

« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2012, 08:32:29 PM »
I started the thread in the News forum then somehow the OP got replaced by HGH.

I think.

Hm, nope. Looking at the edits, the only person who started a TH 13.5 thread in Front Page was a user named HGH. And his OP does not "replace" anyone else's.

Pretty curious.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2012, 08:39:57 PM »
Hm, nope. Looking at the edits, the only person who started a TH 13.5 thread in Front Page was a user named HGH. And his OP does not "replace" anyone else's.

Pretty curious.

Well in that case I must not have actually pushed the post button for my post.

It was way early in the morning at around the time of the announcement and I hadn't slept all night so I suspect I forgot to hit send and thought I had. :V

Honest mistake but at any rate it doesn't matter too much I think, sooooo I concede.

Hakurou Tengu

• End of Daylight
  • Pi-hyarara~ Pi-hyarara~
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2012, 08:43:14 PM »
Another fighting game so soon? That's nothing to complain about! It certainly looks really nice. I just hope the general playstyle is similar to 10.5 & 12.3, or even 7.5 (which was kinda odd, honestly).

REALLY want to know what characters will be introduced or brought back. I think Byakuren and Miko are a given, but that's just me. I don't want to hope too much, but I'm so freaking excited for this right now  :getdown:
I doubt anyone would know if spell cards are involved, huh? I wouldn't doubt the solo mode ones like in the other games are here, but from the screenshots I can't see any sign of them. Could be similar to IaMP, which isn't a style I'm particularly fond of, but maybe it's just completely different. Either way, REALLY looking forward to this. ESPECIALLY what characters will be new and returning. C'mon Kyouko, I know it's unlikely, but still!

EDIT: Added comments together due to merge~
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:56:48 PM by Hakurou Tengu »
~We?re the only ones who can decide whether something was fortunate or unfortunate. It all depends on whether we find a new vision born within a different perspective~

Tengukami

« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2012, 08:51:55 PM »
Already stated my excitement on the other thread, but since this ones for discussion...

Threads are now merged, and kept on the proper board.

Kami-sama!

• All hail the great Kami-sama!
« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2012, 09:12:59 PM »
OMAHGOD THIS WILL BE THE FIRST RELEASE OF AN OFFICIAL TOUHOU GAME SINCE I BECAME A FAN *ultraspasms*
Also, if Miko's gonna be in this one, I hope that she gets more impressive attacks than the one in TD.  :colbert:
And also: KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNN :getdown:

« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2012, 09:23:28 PM »
If Miko's in it, she should play like Hercule/Mr.Satan did in the Dragon Ball Z Budokai games. That would be appropriate.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2012, 09:37:26 PM »
Miko's storyline will have TEN DIFFERENT CUTSCENES SIMULTANEOUSLY AT ALL TIMES.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2012, 09:45:33 PM »
Heck yes another fighter! It'd be nice if it was similar to IaMP. (my preferred fighter) Just easier controls. If there's antialiasing in here, that might pose an issue with my GPU. But, we'll have to see. Lots of hype about this.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Drake

« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2012, 10:41:30 PM »
playable nazrin where

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2012, 10:43:44 PM »
I ask for Koi-Koi.

She better be there.

« Reply #118 on: October 05, 2012, 10:47:24 PM »
Playable Shou or shitty game.

Tengukami

« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2012, 10:51:22 PM »
ITT: Entitlement.