Author Topic: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion  (Read 368538 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade (TH13.5) - Discussion
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2012, 03:29:21 PM »
Reimu never loses in Canon.

Answer: Reimu, and everything stays as it normally is, or all parties share faith [Except Reimu]

She lost against Suika in IaMP

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2012, 03:30:19 PM »
OH SHIT

man it's been a long time since the last touhou game
ikr
for some reason i want this game to include shikieiki

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2012, 03:33:49 PM »
My summary of the plot in the teaser site can be found in this thread, I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post news of the game in this board but eh.

Whatever.

EDIT: The circular bar around the character's portrait suggests the possibility of the game having an approval system. Since the story revolves around making an impression on the humans to gain their belief and trust, etc. The three aspects are "Yes," "No," and "Don't care/Undecided."
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 03:40:24 PM by trancehime »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2012, 03:49:45 PM »
I really hope the final boss of this game is some sort of atheist/nihilist loli. I would totally main Nietschze-tan.

(Basing this on the ~mysterious voice~ that told all the humans to just go wild. Could be a more general feeling of chaos, or even just Suika screwing around. Who knows?)

Anyway seeing those red/blue bars gives me massive vibes of TOUHOU ELECTIONS. In the best possible way. Crossing my fingers for Nitori, but if it's focusing on the main religious groups I'll settle for Shou or Futo.

Also, what's Marisa doing here? Religion has never been her thing. :V

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2012, 03:56:53 PM »
>Another Fighting game
>orgasmic

Oh god Koishi Ichirin better be in this for FISTS

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2012, 04:04:41 PM »
Also, what's Marisa doing here? Religion has never been her thing. :V

Somebody's gotta have Reimu's back.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2012, 04:12:43 PM »
In thinking some more about it, since the plot is human-village-centric, I wouldn't be surprised to see Keine show up. The village isn't exactly a piece of meat to be fought over by wolves.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2012, 04:16:10 PM »
I'll be waiting warmly for playable Orin~  :3
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

Retsim Reklats

• Her smile..
  • calms my heart..
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2012, 04:19:52 PM »
RELIGION WARRRRRRRRR  :o

Another translation :
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Hopeless_Masquerade/Translation/Prologue  :]

So... the three religion icons might be up for the roster, eh?
And Kilga, the village... I think you have a point since... more people, more faith?
"Gensokyo welcomes all."

Art by : SilentSysteme
Generations, Borders, and Illusion.
A tribute fanfic for Yukari Yakumo and Maribel Hearn

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2012, 04:49:37 PM »
Also, interesting that the standard appears to be best of five rounds? This will probably be a very fast-paced game.

WHICH MAKES ME MORE HYPE.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2012, 04:55:33 PM »
Time for me to ride on the SPECULATION TRAIN of what I'm expecting from looking at these newly released shots....

Gameplay

I get this werid vibe that we're going back to what could be something more IaMP style, but probably with a twist. There's been a heavy demand that suggest people didn't dig the weather system from SWR and Soku and looking at the screenshots seems to convince me this is going to it's doing away with these and possibly the spellcards and probably going to make them super moves instead.

Course it's too early to tell as of yet but I feel like it's what it's gunning for.

Characters

Since the story leans in favor of a religion conflict I'm pretty certain that most of the cast will consist of the crew from MoF - TD. This is almost a given. And was mentioned since SoPM that this was likely to occur. So we're likely going to see more new faces than old ones, but then again we may never know...

Also since they're redoing EVERYTHING. Including character art. This also suggest that we're going to definetly have some changes, bigger question is how many character will we get to play as?

My guess is... 12-15 But since this was left in the dark for about a year, this could go even higher, but like everything else, it's unknown, and only time will tell but for now I will go and sit down discuss the candidates for ideal Touhou characters to be playable in this fighter.

Confirmed for Brawl
Reimu - As screen shots have proven
Marisa - As screen shots have proven

High Possibilty
Sanae - Being the main head preistress of the Moriya she's almost certain to appear in this. She's pretty much a major character in Touhou Universe and represent the Moriya Shrine so I'm certain she's going to be invovled.

Utsuho - Being Kanako's sock puppet, and tool for the nuclear furnace, I'm certain Kanako herself would likely send Utsuho out repesent the Moriya Shrine in some way or fashion. Her power alone are prominsing enough especially from Soku.

Youmu - Mainly due to her being in the previous fighters and her combat prowless is worth while, she's pretty major as well.

Aya - She gets invovled constantly, it would be unlike her to NOT get invovled.

Ichirin - She's a interesting character to represent the Myouren Temple, and has UNZAN to boot. Unzan could serve as supers which would make things interesting....

Murasa - could play like a Johnny / May variation. And I could see her working really well in a fighter.

Byakuren - Very likely choice since she's the head figure of the Myouren Temple. Would be interesting to see how her scroll was captured in this. :P

Futo: Pretty much because she's Miko's right hand man and has plenty of moves to boot. It would be interesting to see how her spellcards would be captured.

Miko: Like Byakuren, she's the head figure of the current Toaist Crew and thus would make for an interesting scene especially since we know just well those two would get alone. :P

Likely Possibilties
 (Those that I know have a chance, considering their abilities, and skills , but might get opt'd out)

Nitori - Pretty much certain she might appear since she has connection with the Moriya shrine, and was considered for the previous game, but then again, only time will tell...

Suwako - She was very complicated to play as, but yet it had it's charm. Suwako being of the Moriya shrine could indeed get invovled since she would have more free time compared to Kanako.

Nue: She would be interesting in terms of her spellcard, but the question is how would she work (cause I don't expect UFOs to be in it) She's kind of the new member of the Myoren Temple, so she's likely an interesting choice to consider.

Possible, but might not happen
(Because there are always character that we want, but may not see)

Shou - She's kinda debatable, since she's suppose to be the avatar of Bishamothen, but I'm not sure she would be pulled into fight, she's got a move set that would work for her though... so maybe.

Kogasa - She's not really affiliated with any Religion circles, but it would be a nice.....
Spoiler:
Surprise!

Orin - Would be an interesting choice, but I'm not too sure how she would get involved since she's not really connected to the Moriya Shrine, she's at best likely to be there for Usutho.

Seiga and Yoshika: Let's face it, alone, both would be boring as hell and their fighting mechanics wouldn't work. But together, they could make a very unique fighter, both working as a SINGLE fighter! The only thing that could prevent this is that Seiga disbanded from Miko's crew. However, to the core, she's a taoist. Would she want to get invovled to throw a wrench in the works?

Komachi- Hard to see her being involved due to the religion battle, but I could see her being invovled in an attempt to take down the hermits. (Especially if Seiga's invovled.)

Hard to see happen but might still be possible

Yuyuko - She's kind of been important to Youmu, but otherwise, how would she be invovled in the religion battle?

Kyouko - A new recruit with vocal voice, ok she doesn't have much skills, but personally, her mechanic would work as a gag character (if her punk rock side came out)

Tojiko - I would like her to appear, but having only one spellcard, she VERY LIMITED. Unless she  gets some additional stuff, I don't think she's going to be even considered.

Nazrin - Probably not possible, though she may serve as an assit to Shou if she appears...

Kanako - She's usually not the one to get invovled directly. This has been the case since MoF. She's been kinda served as the CEO figure of sorts so she's more likely to send others in her place.

But yea, these are all the ideas of who would likely be invovled in terms of the new comers... if you want to consider the old veterans from older fighters (minus Yuyuko and Komachi which I already mentioned). Then do consider the fact that this is a religion battle, so it's kind hard to see some youkais and magicians from back then come back in this. We'll be lucky if some do make the cut, it'll be how ZUN executes it all that'll decide these factors)

Also don't get me invovled in tryin to guess who the new final boss will be, because I wouldn't be sure without more context to the story.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 04:57:37 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2012, 04:58:55 PM »
In thinking some more about it, since the plot is human-village-centric, I wouldn't be surprised to see Keine show up. The village isn't exactly a piece of meat to be fought over by wolves.

Kourin should be playable.  Even if he's the jokiest of joke characters I will main him.  And Tokiko as a support like Kanako was for Sanae.

« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2012, 05:09:52 PM »
Really liking the new artstyle here, and the story certainly looks interesting enough.

The big question myself and a lot of people will probably be wanting answered is what characters are going to be in/not in and how the game is going to play. Is it going to keep SWR's control style or go with something new?

Kourin should be playable.  Even if he's the jokiest of joke characters I will main him.  And Tokiko as a support like Kanako was for Sanae.
He should be the Dan Hibiki of this game; not really that good, but man will it be humiliating if you let him get off his ultimate "attack".

« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2012, 05:21:05 PM »
Being in a previous fighting game will be good for your chances, I think. Also I'll be kind of disappointed if Alphes doesn't do portraits because I REALLY want to see him draw Byakuren.  Speaking of which, Byakuren = auto-main :V

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2012, 05:49:26 PM »
not happy about this, to be honest. I would have wanted another shooter. everything would have been better than a fighting game :/

a new StB was unlikely, but would have been accepted. something like GFW? awesome. a phantasmagoria? hell yeah! a normal shooter would have been preferred, though. TD was lackluster in some parts..

I mean, after UFO we waited how long? 2 years? for a new game. and that happens to be ten desires. not that it was entirely bad or anything, but...well, I digress :V

I stopped playing the fighters long ago, and now another one comes out. well. I'll try it, but I probably won't play it too much.

OH YEAH: I LIKED THE OLD GRAPHICS MORE.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2012, 05:56:43 PM »
Meiling was joke character tier in IaMP, and she's actually capable. Thing is, Kourin's not really supposed to have any fighting capability at all XD Like... period. He probably wouldn't have any interest in fighting either.

Definitely super interested in this game though <3
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2012, 06:02:59 PM »
*disparages the best Street Fighter*

Oh oh, Purvis is going to layeth the smack down once he wakes up.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2012, 06:05:21 PM »
Where can I buy this when it's released? Paletweb?

Anyone have experience installing Touhou from disc? I hope I won't run into any problems doing so...

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2012, 06:11:20 PM »
Hi-res punching Byakuren in the face?

I'm sold.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2012, 06:12:06 PM »
Where can I buy this when it's released? Paletweb?

Anyone have experience installing Touhou from disc? I hope I won't run into any problems doing so...
Wai, so paletweb is legit? I always thought it looked like a hoax...

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2012, 06:21:26 PM »
I don't see why it shouldn't be legit, what makes you believe that?

Both Paletweb and WhiteCanvas should sell it once it's released.

WhiteCanvas JP Sitehttp://www.w-canvas.com/
WhiteCanvas English sitehttp://whitecanvas2000.cart.fc2.com/
Paletweb http://www.paletweb.com/top.asp

« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2012, 06:29:05 PM »
Personally I like the graphics since it felt odd looking at Hisoutensoku compared to other fighters and the backgrounds in some areas looked odd.

Well with new sprites comes new characters....well im hoping that the majority of the previous cast are playable (*coughcoughAlicecoughcough*) although since this is about faith it's hard not to see the Myouren, Kochiya and Miko's crew in the game in some shape or another....

The character art looks slightly better although Marisa is missing her usual braid and it seems she has yet another costume, she seems to have the most costumes out of the rest of the cast.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2012, 06:32:38 PM »
Fuck yeah, Miko's gonna get so many BUDDHA PUNCHes to the face.

I know it's a long shot, but Shinki being around as the Gensokyo equivalent of Satanism would make me laugh my ass off.

Damnit, Kasen better be in this, she's an ally of humans and everything! When she fails to materialize, Iced already called dibs on my tears.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2012, 06:34:06 PM »
I don't see why it shouldn't be legit, what makes you believe that?
I'm sorry, it's just that the site doesn't look too professional and it could be something else.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2012, 06:41:33 PM »
Loving the looks of it. Hope it plays more GG/BB-style too; I would love their fast pacing and technical play with their not-too-floaty nature. :D

Got an arcade joystick the other day too so it should be all the more fun. :3 I can already imagine how some newcoming characters could play....

Oh god Koishi Ichirin better be in this for FISTS
ORAORAORAORAORAORAORA - :colonveeplusalpha:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 06:45:40 PM by ✚まどか Quick-Fix Medic »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2012, 06:51:27 PM »
No the Satori sisters should be in this because they're feeling nosy about the incident and check it out and inadvertently end up solving it themselves.

« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2012, 06:55:23 PM »
Koishi would be a more likely combatant.

I doubt Satori would come out of that hole in the ground she calls a home.

Utsuho or someone would have to force her up.

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2012, 07:07:08 PM »
Hoping for Keine and Kyouko, mainly so I can smack Seiga about with them.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2012, 07:08:06 PM »
Rin could get sick and Sato and KoiKoi could find some Medicine Melancholy from Eirin but get caught up in the situation (and they should get to fight each other on stage 5)

« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2012, 07:16:28 PM »
I'm gonna wait for more information before I judge too much.  Mainly because we only have a few screenshots to speculate from.