Author Topic: Blizzard of Faith and Revenge question  (Read 3162 times)

Blizzard of Faith and Revenge question
« on: September 28, 2012, 10:13:16 AM »
I've tried to start the Moriya sidequest according to the walkthrough on the wiki. I did chose the proper option after defeating Cirno so it should be available. I found the switch, but when pressing it, the last two sentences in the conversation appear in Chinese, untranslated, and I can't seem to enter the well after that. Does that mean the quest is not available if you try doing it too late?
According to the walkthrough you need to do all sidequest to get the true ending, so I'm worried. Yet, it didn't say anything about doing the quest immediately, and I'm already at mission 9 and lv 56 so restarting is not an option.

Also, does anyone know a better place for hunting Starfish Rock than Eientei?

ZellBell

• i play sometimes
Re: Blizzard of Faith and Revenge question
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 10:54:32 AM »
It's been a loooong time since I played this, but to the best of my knowledge this shouldn't happen.

... If you could send me a screenshot I can translate the message for you? ^^

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 11:09:59 AM »
Unfortunately the switch is already pressed so I can't reproduce the message. By the way, the well was already visible before I pressed the switch.
Hmm let's try this other save file, it's a week old, maybe...

...or not. The quest properly starts on the one week old save file, and it already failed on the newer ones. Now what? I don't want to start over from lv41 again. I assume it becomes disabled somewhere after mission 5 but before 8, because I pressed the switch after finishing 6 or maybe 7.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:11:59 AM by Seravy »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 12:17:33 AM »
It's been a really long time since I played the game but yeah, I'm pretty sure the sidequest gets disabled at some point (probably somewhere around when you defeat Cirno for the second time). You're supposed to do it as soon as you finished the Mountain of Faith part.

ZellBell

• i play sometimes
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 02:23:34 AM »
I guess this is what one may call an 'Oh Crap' moment.  :ohdear:

'Suppose it makes sense though, as it's not very healthy to stay at the bottom of a well for too long.

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 09:08:05 AM »
I guess it's time to edit the wiki now, and delete the game, then. It's pointless to continue if I can't reach the final ending, and any game where that can happen after doing nothing obviously wrong (it's not like I failed a storyline quest, or anything like that)  is a fail, and not worth my precious time.
Considering how many times the walkthrough warns about taking the right choice at Cirno, not mentioning that the quest expires is really really bad.