Author Topic: Angel Beats! Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win  (Read 102776 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: Angel Beats! Mafia - Day Four - Pseudo-LYLO(?)
« Reply #1110 on: July 13, 2012, 03:06:14 PM »
If Affinity/huhwhat vote me while I am gone I will be very cross. -.-

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #1111 on: July 13, 2012, 03:21:03 PM »
And yet you're confident enough to Dan!scum to assume he is scum and make buddy relationships from there. You never pushed a Dan wagon after your Day 1 vote, which was bollocks to begin with and in retrospect looks like a scumbuddy prod.
You're saying that I should have pushed for a lynch, without a "case", that people weren't interested in. That would have been productive, definitely.

The reason I'm confident is that he's a scum read among 3 other town reads. It's disgusting that there are reasons for all three of you to be scum and yet there are reasons for me to stick to my town reads anyway. >.< HW is a pretty strong town read, though, and the only things I want to clear up regarding Bard is his claim. I was reluctant to read you as anything but town for the majority of the game (this will wait for postgame), but there's no avoiding the fact that you're the weakest town read.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #1112 on: July 13, 2012, 04:11:16 PM »
Just got back from work, give me a moment to read.

Bardiche

« Reply #1113 on: July 13, 2012, 04:33:09 PM »
Bard

Have you used your power last night

If not, why the hell

No, I haven't. I could make some big game argument but I just idled through the night phase because I thought it was game over. I mean it was pseudo-lylo and we lynched Town, I honestly thought we'd get creamed.

Bard, why did you quickhammer? And yes, did you use your power?

We were going in circles and I thought Neko was scummy enough to lynch.

Between BT/Dan I off-hand favour BT for being more memorable, Dan's presence requires reading back a lot. one thing I want him to answer is why Conq over HW since you postulated that there is Scum between HW/Neko/Conq but then vote Conq without explaining why he >>> HW. In fact earlier he postulated Affinity/BT/Bard then drops all mention of BT, Affinity and I in further scum bucket lists. Looks very much like trying to narrow down the list of who to lynch very quickly which is Scummy on LYLO since we should look at everyone except confirmed Town.

Personally also think badly of Conq now for yammering about me missing a "second prod" for my "slot", seems a good minded Townie wouldn't want the mod to modkill someone during friggin' LYLO/Pseudo-LYLO.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1114 on: July 13, 2012, 06:29:02 PM »
No, I haven't. I could make some big game argument but I just idled through the night phase because I thought it was game over. I mean it was pseudo-lylo and we lynched Town, I honestly thought we'd get creamed.
. . .

Ok, different question.

Why did you claim your power when you did?

Bardiche

« Reply #1115 on: July 13, 2012, 07:28:04 PM »
Why did you claim your power when you did?

Because massclaim?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1116 on: July 13, 2012, 07:53:08 PM »
Let me give you a push in the right direction, then.

You have a lovely, provable power. There exists a scum RB. It is your turn to claim, and before you a town that is seemingly vanilla. Also in the game is an unpredictable SK. What would be the most logical course of action?

Bardiche

« Reply #1117 on: July 13, 2012, 08:04:29 PM »
You have a lovely, provable power. There exists a scum RB. It is your turn to claim, and before you a town that is seemingly vanilla. Also in the game is an unpredictable SK. What would be the most logical course of action?

You're gonna have to spoil the answer for me here because I don't think our logics agree.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1118 on: July 13, 2012, 08:07:11 PM »
Claim your role, get roleblocked. Not claim your role, claim upon use, no drawbacks.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1119 on: July 13, 2012, 08:08:29 PM »
Basically you were the only plausible town power for scum to target, and the only plausible target in general unless they were paranoid of Affinity having hidden powers. No reason to risk it to begin with.

Bardiche

« Reply #1120 on: July 13, 2012, 08:30:12 PM »
Basically you were the only plausible town power for scum to target, and the only plausible target in general unless they were paranoid of Affinity having hidden powers. No reason to risk it to begin with.

And, thus, therefore?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1121 on: July 13, 2012, 08:39:16 PM »
Not a drag to believe that a sub-par let alone average let alone semi-experienced let alone experienced player (whatever you see yourself as) would think that through, You didn't. Casts doubt on the authenticity of your claim.

Bardiche

« Reply #1122 on: July 13, 2012, 09:10:53 PM »
The entire point of fullclaim is that you fully claim your role, BT. I consider lying as Town to be something you do not do unless you have good cause, and preserving the OVERPOWERED ABILITY TO CREATE A QT did not at any point strike me as something worth lying for.

Unless Scum are immensely retarded they'd Roleblock Affinity anyway as it's another thing that could kill one of their own─you're proposing my claim is fake because I didn't claim Vanilla or power-less, is that it?

Bardiche

« Reply #1123 on: July 13, 2012, 09:34:14 PM »
To explain why I find this direction you take to be rather Scummy: You are, in effect, proposing that my roleclaim is not authentic because I claimed my role instead of lying about it and fakeclaiming Vanilla.

So lying would be speaking truth, speaking truth is lying, Shadoweh isn't drunk and up is down?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1124 on: July 13, 2012, 11:04:41 PM »
Votecount

Conqueror (1): ActionDan
huh what (0):
ActionDan (0):
Affinity (0):
Bardiche (0):
BT (0):

Not voting: Conqueror, huh what, Affinity, Bardiche, BT

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

You have ~36 hours remaining.

Conqueror

« Reply #1125 on: July 14, 2012, 12:17:37 AM »
Personally also think badly of Conq now for yammering about me missing a "second prod" for my "slot", seems a good minded Townie wouldn't want the mod to modkill someone during friggin' LYLO/Pseudo-LYLO.
The activity was there for everyone to see, and I was calling you out on not posting for over 24 hours. Considering that if you are town, scum could have informed the mod of such privately, I considered what I did a public service. Yes, I'm a little pissed, because the top contenders for scum right now are basically the people who lurked all game. Lynch All Lurkers.

Thinking about 3 scum is making my head spin, so I'm going to assume this game started out with 2 mafia and 1 sk. 2 mafia 1 sk 5 town...still don't see how that makes psuedo-lylo...whatever probably weird night action stuff. If there are 3 scum we'll get to the last one if we make it there.

As much as it makes me want to vomit, I'm actually coming over of the potential idea of town!Bard given his hammer of Dormio in NotV, where he had professed a townread on Dormio and even fucking claimed masons with him.

But if you're seriously town here Bard, what the fuck. I'm never going to let you hear the end of this. About the only thing you said about Neko D3 is that you thought you liked him slightly better than BT, then you asked him a question, then you came out of nowhere and quickhammered him while quoting a post where you said lynch me now.

Did it not occur to you that people might have still had things to say before you quickhammered Neko? Seriously. :psyduck: Can you just walk me through why you thought Neko was scummy enough to quickhammer in LYLO?

P.S. BT the role thing is null; huhwhat is right when he says Bard never had to claim it - it's not like as scum he would have to fear a town rolecop or something.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #1126 on: July 14, 2012, 12:22:00 AM »
Leaning towards lynching Dan right now for scum. Votes me in LYLO right before he goes V/LA for the weekend because I don't "lead mislynches on D2 + D3" or some shit like that. (cough path of radiance).
There are plenty of reasons to think I'm scum (even though all the reasons are wrong) and I'm sure the graveyard is screaming at me as half the players there have been doing so all game, but...yeah. Dan, if you're town, make yourself useful and unvote.

Conqueror

« Reply #1127 on: July 14, 2012, 12:33:29 AM »
Nvm, Neko is scum.  Bolded is not a town thought process.  mason claim should supersede sheeping a LLD unvote.   Even after you unvoted HW, you did not support the idea that a vig shouldn't shoot the claimed masons.  Instead you argued that mafia could shoot anyone.  You obviously don't know what to think.  Any town member would want to protect the claimed masons immediately.  There is absolutely no WIFOM or anything else here.
Any townie at heart would not even THINK about 2 mafia members fakeclaiming D1 with only minor pressure.
Dan, could you explain this a little? I remember you once said the paranoia was the best asset of a healthy town mindset. Just want to know your thought process here.

I also want to know what you thought about Shadoweh on Day 2. Why did you think she sounded town? You sorta avoided the entire thing so it's hard to tell anything from that day.

Eh, Dan's first post of Day 3 is what made me think he was town (that plus I didn't think he was scum with Neko). But on reread it's all rolefluff and scum could easily write all that.

So that really does mean one of Serela/BT is scum. 

A part of me wants to get a flip out of Neko and the other is reasoning that voting BT is a better path.

I'm going to pretend scum is bussing Neko and that it's all ok
Who was the scum bussing Neko in your opinion?

Conqueror

« Reply #1128 on: July 14, 2012, 12:36:35 AM »
For Pesco: fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
Seriously this game right now feels like D1 even though I've at least a 50% chance to hit mafia via diceroll.

BT, could you please expand on the following:
The reason I'm confident is that he's a scum read among 3 other town reads. It's disgusting that there are reasons for all three of you to be scum and yet there are reasons for me to stick to my town reads anyway. >.< HW is a pretty strong town read, though, and the only things I want to clear up regarding Bard is his claim. I was reluctant to read you as anything but town for the majority of the game (this will wait for postgame), but there's no avoiding the fact that you're the weakest town read.
I also want to know if you're assuming scum!Kilga with all this (although this question goes to everyone).

Conqueror

« Reply #1129 on: July 14, 2012, 12:38:44 AM »
also it turns out bard was postulating about neko being scum who needed a hammer in the neighbor quicktopic right before lynch and i never saw it because i was only f5ing rpg's index when i got back out of bed :X
Actually, I missed this. Could either of you paraphrase what Bard was saying about Neko in the QT before the hammer? Would be helpful.

Bardiche

« Reply #1130 on: July 14, 2012, 01:34:29 AM »
But if you're seriously town here Bard, what the fuck. I'm never going to let you hear the end of this.

:ohdear:

It occurred to me that everyone was agreed on Neko as Scum, I felt he was Scum, the Day was dragging with little much news being broken in. I figured we'd best just go forward instead of dawdle around. It's not fun, and Town doesn't always benefit from toeing around awkwardly.

Could either of you paraphrase what Bard was saying about Neko in the QT before the hammer? Would be helpful.

Since I subbed in Neko pretty much did nothing. There was a bunch of stuff about him promising reads on D2 and never quite providing them much, and his cases have generally just been votes with GUT and not much substance or even attempts to get people to follow him. They felt like easy stances to take which is something Scum'd do, while trying to give his cases credence by continuously harassing Town to drop their votes around. The entire episode where he called for lynches on Dan and afterwards calls them jokeposts didn't sit well with me either.

That's it in a nutshell. I felt it was worthy above BT because BT provided cases and has been more forthcoming with actual reads and taking stances that weren't just continuously "gut of the moment" stances.

Just to be clear, are you suggesting Dan is Scum right now?

Affinity, were you roleblocked?

For me, unless NeighbourWhat is a trap, Scum falls between Conq, Dan and BT. My gut says Conq is the Scum, but there's no case I can write that actually substantiates/justifies the gut feeling and I cannot even convince myself overmuch that Conq is THE Scum, so it falls to BT/Dan.

Dan's D1 ends in a lot of Twitterposts which has me all AUGH, Day2 is mostly Twitterposting excepting a case(?) on BT concluding BT is Town. Feels reporterish. Day3 opener is :words: without any scum reads, voted Affinity the Day before then waffles on his read on Affinity, produces a case but it's reporter.

I obviously don't like voting Conq in Pseudo-LYLO with never a case on why Conq is scum beyond "wrong twice" and "GUT!!". Low effort imho.

BT called for early lynch on D2, which seems ScumEZ since it follows LSD's Gambit and for Scum it'd be beneficial if the Day ended with a Shadoweh quicklynch like nothing else. "Called for" maybe too strong, but "early lynch sounds fine"?? Not sure how Town such a sentiment is, leaning it's not at all. I agree Days don't need to drag on forever just to make sure everyone has exhausted everything, but do think D2 Shadoweh quicklynch premature. Feels like justification to stop thinking.

Of interesting note: Up to that point hasn't stated if thinks Shadoweh is Scum, LSD already revealed was roleblocked. Later votes Shadoweh with rage, think that is genuine though. Haughty confirmation bias attitude re: Shadoweh annoys but isn't actively Scummy I don't think. Still has that weird bit where he sheeps to me and states "pretty certain of Neko/Dan Scum now"; Feels like settling unless absolutely certain of Affinity Scum.

BT's taken stances throughout the game which makes me feel better about him, certainly better than NekoNeko and better than Dan too. Gonna reread HW first thing tomorrow. Generally want to lynch Affinity still but ITP lends him immunity. Just hope we can win despite his presence, not too optimistic about that. If 2 Scum, we lynch Scum, Affinity kills Town, Scum kills Town, we're down to 1v1v1 where Affinity can lynch Scum with us to probably win over us, or we lynch Affinity with Scum to lose to Scum. No real way to win the game there which makes this feel futile.

Conqueror

« Reply #1131 on: July 14, 2012, 01:50:49 AM »
Yes, I think Dan is scum. If huhwhat confirms that you actually said stuff in the QT before hammering Neko, that alleviates the pain I'm feeling somewhat. Because secretly I've always wanted to trollhammer scum in LYLO while pretending I'm scum quickhammering.

I'm going to just read huhwhat as town because even if he's scum he's not getting lynched. Plus it makes me feel better.

I think Dan is scummier than BT so I'd vote there. Technically I think BT is scum too, but my scumread on Dan is stronger at this point. I'll write more stuff about it later. Suffice to say I don't buy the way he's pushing me as scum when compared to the way other people are. :V

« Reply #1132 on: July 14, 2012, 02:14:51 AM »
BT, you appeared to be "riding coattails" because you spent most of the game not strongly pushing cases unless somebody else was already doing so. It's easy to fake scumhunting when other people are doing your work for you.

I would prefer a Dan lynch to a Conq lynch, because:
a) Conq LYLO policy lynch looks contrived and like an easy way to take advantage of gut. Conq is a good player but his records aren't actually super "lead 2 scum lynches in a row" amazing.
b) Sitting on his vote at the end of D3 while somewhat-apathetic makes me wonder if he knew Bard wouldn't post a scum quickhammer
c) I think Dan makes the most sense as BT's buddy, and I'm pretty sure that's our team here

I don't actually have much on him individually though, would prefer BT lynch on that note since that read is much stronger.
Meanwhile Conq's play hasn't really bugged me much since D1-D2.

When Bard was about to hammer Neko, he basically posted a bulletpoint case from what I assume was a re-read and then said something along the lines of "fuck it Neko is scum". I can paraphrase the case if necessary, or Bard can do it himself. I think it's null since if there's 2scum, he would have known the game wouldn't have ended. Made me think of NotV too.

I'm curious what lynches Affinity would support.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #1133 on: July 14, 2012, 03:22:54 AM »

I would prefer a Dan lynch to a Conq lynch, because:
a) Conq LYLO policy lynch looks contrived and like an easy way to take advantage of gut. Conq is a good player but his records aren't actually super "lead 2 scum lynches in a row" amazing.
b) Sitting on his vote at the end of D3 while somewhat-apathetic makes me wonder if he knew Bard wouldn't post a scum quickhammer
c) I think Dan makes the most sense as BT's buddy, and I'm pretty sure that's our team here

a) He's good enough not to all-in 2 mislynches in a row while being confident that both would flip scum.  It reminds me exactly of Shadoweh/UK in Graveyard.
b) At that point I was willing to take a chance.  I preempted a lol quickhammer by either Bard/Serela by joking about it.  As far as apathy goes, it's my emotional defense when faced with the possibility of scum winning instantly after the last vote
c) besides being wrong, there's no way you can be "pretty sure".  I'm looking all possible teams and I can't be reasonably sure of eliminating any (least likely is you/Bard for early unprompted mason claim by Rawr).  I'm still going on you being my best guess for town and thinking Conq is the most likely to be scum. 

Also Hw if you want something contrived I can quote Conq so you can see what it looks like.
In order:

Well. I was going to wake up and make my case on Neko but then he got quickhammered overnight. Apparently I'm dumb and this is going to be the last game I play for a while because holy fuck.
Three scum + SK seems more likely than two scum + SK because I don't think it would have been psuedo-LYLO yesterday otherwise? Need to do the numbers later.

Bard, why did you quickhammer? And yes, did you use your power?

Dan, explain why the fuck you would post this as town.
Token questioning.
If we had lost already game would have been over.
Right now I'm thinking town has to rely on SK shenanigans to win. I'm not too hopeful about lynching scum today but you can sure bet I'll be trying. If there are only 2 scum it's Bard/Dan.
:V fuuuuuuuuuu

BT, iirc you never really made a case for Dan!scum, so I'm not sure why you're just assuming he's scum; explain?
Neither did Conq as of the post right above this one.  it's a double standard that makes me again think of it being a token question.
I can buy the first, but uh. If you're town, why do you expressly point out that it's fine for scum to quicklynch and autowin, and all that while you were voting Neko as scum? The only way for scum to autowin in that situation was if Neko was town, so yeah. Dan, are you scum? :(
And this is WAY out of context despite Conq's claims to the contrary.  I'll go quote the relevant posts which are literally right on top of each other:

still think one of Serela/BT is scum from wagons.  Not sure why Bard never used his extra neighborizing ability.  He could be scum alone for that. 

cut.

Cut by HW being a scum bastarddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

cut oh I thought you wanted to try some reaction thing.

@HW.  I seriously don't know. I was leaning town on both BT/Serela by play.  I keep forgetting that if Affinity is BP scum can't quick lynch.  so I takeback one of BT/Serela mmust be scum
actually quick-lynching is fine for scum at this point.  scum win automatically.
So that really does mean one of Serela/BT is scum. 

A part of me wants to get a flip out of Neko and the other is reasoning that voting BT is a better path.

I'm going to pretend scum is bussing Neko and that it's all ok

Where does "Quickhammer NekoNeko for the win guys" come into this in shape or form?

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #1134 on: July 14, 2012, 04:09:29 AM »
Dan, could you explain this a little? I remember you once said the paranoia was the best asset of a healthy town mindset. Just want to know your thought process here.

I also want to know what you thought about Shadoweh on Day 2. Why did you think she sounded town? You sorta avoided the entire thing so it's hard to tell anything from that day.

Eh, Dan's first post of Day 3 is what made me think he was town (that plus I didn't think he was scum with Neko). But on reread it's all rolefluff and scum could easily write all that.
Who was the scum bussing Neko in your opinion?
Paranoia has it's limits,  and paranoia D1 about Mason claims is simply unheard of to me and was just not my first reaction.  It was ---> "o shit, they're (HW's) going to die".  It's simply unimaginable for me to first think, "but just because they claimed doesn't make them confirmed, but I guess they aren't scummy enough to continue voting"

I was prepared to vote Shadoweh D2 for her Late D1 Omba vote, but D2 she started to sound town by a combination of SUPER EMOTION + keeping up with all the wall posts, and they didn't sound like fluff, they looked to be concrete opinions.

I was thinking that the you and BT could easily have been bussing.  You were super confident on Neko in the same way HW was D3 on Serela in Midnight Crew Mafia and BT came in with a late vote.

##Unvote for now

some posts D2 are catching my eye. 

Don't lynch me.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #1135 on: July 14, 2012, 05:01:41 AM »
@Bard: No I wasn't.

@HW: I support BT's lynch, as with yesterday; his defence doesn't convince me at all.  As I said, he's the least interesting in his stances which seem to go with the flow.  Bard is a cool lynch too, though not one I would care enough to elaborate past his quicklynch shens.  Agree that Dan makes most sense as his buddy, but I liked his original content in the past days good enough not to want to lynch him today.  Conq's D3 and D4 stances have also felt much better as well, at first glance, and if HW is scum, he deserves to win.

But it's rather relaxing to be confirmed third-party for once, so yeah.

ActionDan

Re: Angel Beats! Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #1136 on: July 14, 2012, 05:02:12 AM »
Agreeably terrible terrible play to claim masons just because you two read each other as town. Would quite literally share the above sentiments but unfortunately I agree with those reads.

Actually this posts reads as BT really not knowing HW/Bard weren't masons => BT isn't scum together with either of them.

Also.  Bard and HW, can you claim your Rolenames again + name of your QT?  And Bard you had the power to form another QT with someone every night correct?

@MOD:

Can town conceivably lose the game following a No-Lynch today?
Is it conceivable that town will lose if a town is mis-lynched today?
Does the title: "Pseudo-Lylo(?)" convey any information to town at all, and if so does it pertain to Kilga's flip in anyway?
Is the town in either Pseudo-Mylo, Pseudo-Lylo, Mylo, or Lylo, and if so which?

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #1137 on: July 14, 2012, 05:30:01 AM »
Affinity, are you absolutely telling the truth that Kilga was a town tracker as well as you being even-night SK.  Please realize that it's absolutely in your best interests to lynch scum today.

wait. I've been thinking. 

We could do the following.  No lynch today.  let scum kill either Affinity or a townie while Affinity no shoots.  If affinity dies, we're better off then we are now (no offensive affinity).  If a townie dies, we go into 2/1/2 with less suspects where we still have to lynch scum.  If the case we do, it's 2/1/1 going into night and neither affinity nor scum can shoot because affinity could be lying about being Even-night and if Affinity shoots scum town endgames him, leaving 2/1/1 from here town lynches one of it's own going for 1/1/1 in the night.  Only problem is that I wonder if scum is able to kill affinity by then.  If we hit lynch scum today, affinity isn't going to shoot and scum will kill a townie, leaving 2/1/1 anyway which is pretty much equivalent to the other scenario .   

Remember a mislynch today = scum win.  Bonus, if we no lynch today, scum might try to kill affinity just to test his BP (actually I think this is the best play from them).

I... might vote no lynch today.  no joke.

Don't lynch me.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1138 on: July 14, 2012, 05:49:31 AM »
Votecount

Conqueror (0):
huh what (0):
ActionDan (0):
Affinity (0):
Bardiche (0):
BT (0):

Not voting: Conqueror, huh what, Affinity, Bardiche, BT

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

You have ~29 hours remaining.

@MOD:

Can town conceivably lose the game following a No-Lynch today?
Is it conceivable that town will lose if a town is mis-lynched today?
Does the title: "Pseudo-Lylo(?)" convey any information to town at all, and if so does it pertain to Kilga's flip in anyway?
Is the town in either Pseudo-Mylo, Pseudo-Lylo, Mylo, or Lylo, and if so which?
Maybe.
Maybe.
Maybe, and perhaps.
Town is in Pseudo-Lylo(?).

ActionDan

« Reply #1139 on: July 14, 2012, 05:55:59 AM »
change of answers between D3 and D4 means that it actually means something at least.

Okay V/LA officially.

Don't lynch me.