Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars  (Read 219159 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments XVI - Not Faily Wars
« Reply #660 on: July 02, 2012, 02:55:47 PM »
Ancient Duper Timeout

I don't even know what to feel right now
Other than never again am I going to decide to time out something at 3 in the morning and having it end up taking somewhere around 5 hours
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 04:00:49 PM by Darkblizer »

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #661 on: July 02, 2012, 04:34:03 PM »
Ancient Duper Timeout

I don't even know what to feel right now
Other than never again am I going to decide to time out something at 3 in the morning and having it end up taking somewhere around 5 hours

Funny, I already gave you encouragement in the other thread and here you are having timed it out.

Good job. :D
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

« Reply #662 on: July 02, 2012, 05:21:35 PM »
Descent of Izuna Gongen timeout.

I'd upload it, but somehow I managed to safespot it by accident. The resulting video is, frankly, boring. I have it if anyone's still interested, but even then I need to go to bed at the moment, so it won't be up for a while.

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #663 on: July 02, 2012, 10:49:22 PM »
I played a bit of DS and captured a bunch of scenes, I'm at 105/108 scenes with aya and 96/99 with hatate   :D

Also more of a self-accomplishment, I'm more consistent at the second phase of Seamless Ceiling in ultra! Maybe with enough practice luck I will be able to capture it.  :3

« Reply #664 on: July 03, 2012, 06:25:31 AM »
Fantasy Heaven now.
It took a few (281) tries to do, but I can safely say it was a lot more bearable than timing out Ancient Duper, for one the spellcard is shorter, and for another, it's more fun, in my opinion anyway.

Also, thanks for the encouragement on the whole Ancient Duper timeout, Ace

« Reply #665 on: July 03, 2012, 10:12:52 AM »
Oh hey I just timed out Wild Carpet.

Probably should have quit after the hundredth try or so, but Mamizou's theme just kept me going. It's just about impossible to raeg at all the clipdeaths while listening to that.

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #666 on: July 03, 2012, 12:15:44 PM »
StB Scene 3-6. 478 tries. Finally cleared it.

I've cleared most of Level 4, but this one scene I couldn't do until now.

After the little pause I took because of Diablo 3, I'm now back and doing warm-up with DS StB. :V
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 01:05:54 PM by Piranha »
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #667 on: July 03, 2012, 12:56:36 PM »
And SWR Lunatic Clear with Reimu, first attempt today, such a relief to be done with this, don't think I've EVER raged this much while playing. Fortunately, my desk seems to have been built with the intent of protecting children from nuclear warheads, so it was fully capable of bearing the massive onslaught of my fists (and my feet) when I went all fighting game on it due to the lack of alternatives in my direct vicinity.

I still don't fully understand why that turn-around  delay annoys me so much more than it did in IaMP, but I guess it's because the back-step there actually allowed you to safely graze during the attacks where you had to rely on it. In SWR, I just kind of get hit and I'm in big trouble if someone escapes into the corner.

Well, no matter, done, 12.3 left!

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #668 on: July 03, 2012, 04:54:25 PM »
"First 2 billion clear, first Reimu Solo Clear, first FinalB Hard clear, and first time capturing Rising World Hard."

I had a lucky dodge  in Stage 5 when I decided to run through bullets so that I could get bombs, only to cross through the entire damn field untouched.

[attach=1]
[attach=2]

Enjoy.

Jx31

• Hot Garbage
« Reply #669 on: July 03, 2012, 06:55:25 PM »
I was doing a couple of easy mode play throughs so I could get used to my new arcade stick and I ended up doing this.  IN  easy NDNB,  of course  I go and fail two of the last spells at the end of the run.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #670 on: July 03, 2012, 08:56:21 PM »
"First 2 billion clear, first Reimu Solo Clear, first FinalB Hard clear, and first time capturing Rising World Hard."

I had a lucky dodge  in Stage 5 when I decided to run through bullets so that I could get bombs, only to cross through the entire damn field untouched.

[attach=1]
[attach=2]

Now break 2 billion on Easy :getdown:

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

« Reply #671 on: July 03, 2012, 09:19:07 PM »

No, break 3 billion on Lunatic.  ;)

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #672 on: July 04, 2012, 12:36:18 AM »
No, break 3 billion on Lunatic.  ;)

Never cleared IN Lunatic so I wouldn't know what would be a good score to have as a goal :derp:

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

« Reply #673 on: July 04, 2012, 01:15:19 AM »

Woo hoo! Cleared PCB Lunatic. Reimu is such a cheater. I cleared it on my first try with her. 3 bombs per life and her small hitbox trivializes everything compared to Marisa. Honestly, Yuyuko didn't even feel that challenging with Reimu (even though I ended up failing EVERY SINGLE SPELL, including the one that's pure streaming lol).

Anyway, that's one down! I wonder which game I should attempt next...

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #674 on: July 04, 2012, 03:51:23 AM »

I'll try. I'm not the best at scoring though, so I'm going to suck. Horribly.

Enjoy.

PapillonReel

• Liquid Snake
  • I'm actually pretty patient.
« Reply #675 on: July 04, 2012, 06:51:34 AM »
Welp, that's it for Mokou. This is actually my second clear of the Ex stage, but I missed out on Imperishable Shooting the first time so this is the first clear that really counts for me. ...Not that it really matters, since I got hit in the face on the first wave of her Last Spell (and after doing so well on the rest of the stage, too!), but good enough. A clear's a clear.

Next up is doing it again with Magic Team, which, to be honest, I am really not looking forward to considering how rough they have it going. I might have to resort to Malice Beam abuse to get this run done, I think.

(An accomplishment of a broader sort is that this marks the halfway point of my Touhou takedown - that's four out of eight Ex bosses beaten so far, and Shoot the Bullet is nearly wrapped up as well; there's only seven stages left in that game before I hit 100% completion. I'm getting there!)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 07:21:48 AM by PapillonReel »

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #676 on: July 04, 2012, 08:23:52 AM »
Next up is doing it again with Magic Team, which, to be honest, I am really not looking forward to considering how rough they have it going. I might have to resort to Malice Beam abuse to get this run done, I think.

Actually, don't Magic Team have it generally speaking easier with Mokou since Alice's beam thing hits both Mokou and the wings at once, giving her 1.5x damage output? Or some shit like that anyway.

« Reply #677 on: July 04, 2012, 10:00:19 AM »
Illusionary Dominance captured at 90FPS Hard.

« Reply #678 on: July 04, 2012, 11:43:50 AM »
Hey, I just 1cc'd Ten Desires on Easy!
Why is the game so derp-unfreindly  :ohdear:
I still haven't unlocked stage 6 on normal =.=

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #679 on: July 04, 2012, 01:37:49 PM »
12.3 Normal Mode Clear with Sanae. Still got lots of problems with Sanae, but I'm slowly getting the hang of things as far as both Gameplay and Sanae in particular are concerned. Really, really cute game, though.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #680 on: July 04, 2012, 02:40:27 PM »
Never cleared IN Lunatic so I wouldn't know what would be a good score to have as a goal :derp:
3b Lunatic is way under 50% of the WR and it is not a really good score. You can pretty much beat it without even scoring, but just having a clean clear. 4b is something to hunt for, and 5b is something to look up to. 5.4b is something ridiculously badass.

Youmu-anything is motherfucking hellshit. - IN Youmu is one of the hardest scoring routes I've come across.

PapillonReel

• Liquid Snake
  • I'm actually pretty patient.
« Reply #681 on: July 04, 2012, 04:18:40 PM »
Actually, don't Magic Team have it generally speaking easier with Mokou since Alice's beam thing hits both Mokou and the wings at once, giving her 1.5x damage output? Or some shit like that anyway.

Huh, I think you may be right. I remember something similar happening with Yuyuko's fan in PCB, and Alice's been doing pretty nice damage against Mokou in Spell Practice. If that's the case, then this might not be as big of a deal as I thought.

It's a shame that the lack of homing turns Ex-Keine into a jerk though, but I imagine it'll be smooth(er) once I start reliably getting past her.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:23:01 PM by PapillonReel »

Heian_Alien

• Act normal...
  • Act normal!
« Reply #682 on: July 04, 2012, 06:21:03 PM »
SA Extra Cleared!
Who would have thought that a run which lost a life to danmaku paranoia(which was 19/19 beforeeee) would ever clear???
Following 3 deaths and 453 bombs at Genetics Of the Subconscious, I cheesed through Subterrenean Rose by timeout-ing. It was pretty nerve-wracking.  :V
Still, It's a clear. Now only Nue left to go as far as extra bosses are concerned.

(The Replay the Girl nobody Watched: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22298)

« Reply #683 on: July 04, 2012, 08:35:47 PM »
3b Lunatic is way under 50% of the WR and it is not a really good score. You can pretty much beat it without even scoring, but just having a clean clear. 4b is something to hunt for.

3b is really just the result of decent survival which is why i suggested it to Esu, jokingly because I don't really think he can pull it off right now.

« Reply #684 on: July 04, 2012, 08:50:06 PM »
My IN Lunatic is only 2B+9M :(.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #685 on: July 04, 2012, 09:08:42 PM »
I guess that means 2.3b Hard is nothing special :qq:

« Reply #686 on: July 04, 2012, 09:49:11 PM »
I did Profound Danmaku Bounded Field "Phantasm, Foam, Shadow" yesterday.

The first half I did on my own without much trouble, but the second half.. I had to look at a few replays to figure out what to do, and even then I still had some troubles.

But it's done, and with all of the IN last words done, I move on to PoFV

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #687 on: July 04, 2012, 09:51:15 PM »

I JUST DID.

[attach=1]
[attach=2]

Enjoy.

« Reply #688 on: July 04, 2012, 10:17:15 PM »
My IN Lunatic is only 2B+9M :(.

By decent i meant perfecting almost everything up to Kaguya. If you perfect her too then it's awesome survival. ;)
I guess you'll need to work on your IN score though Chirpy. I don't think I have any Lunatic scores that low in IN.

EDIT: Turns out i have! 1.9 bil for my first clear apparently.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 10:19:07 PM by Zengeku »

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #689 on: July 04, 2012, 10:24:32 PM »
Is it really? Am I not dreaming?

Yup, someone is doing IN easy scoring. Good job.

Also Youmu is the hardest shot in the game. I would really recommend Border team. - 2b on border team should not be hard to break if you follow a good route. (copy the WR, if that fails, copy the grandmaster - whoever that is for you. That is how I started, by copying my idols)

Ah, Zengeku, if hunting for a decent survival one should forget scoring for a while and focus on gaining the consistency. You should have told him to improve his survival, not score, I believe.