Author Topic: Can't get gensokyo.org replay downloader to work (resolved)  (Read 2285 times)

Can't get gensokyo.org replay downloader to work (resolved)
« on: April 28, 2012, 02:12:16 PM »
So recently, every time I try to download anything from replays.gensokyo.org, when I click the "download now" button, I am greeted with a screen that looks like this, instead of a download prompt, which naturally makes downloading the actual replays impossible. That particular screen was achieved through this replay, but it's basically the same no matter which one I try.

This is a new problem for me; I used to be able to download replays without any issue, but I can't think of anything I could have done in the meantime that would have drastically changed anything. Is there a known fix for this? Or at least, is there something that you think might be causing a problem?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 04:25:28 PM by Malkyrian »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Can't get gensokyo.org replay downloader to work
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 02:16:51 PM »
The URL of that screenshot tells me you should rather try right-click and Save As.

In other words, it seems the browser is opening the .rpy in the browser rather than downloading it. Right-click Save As should resolve this.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Re: Can't get gensokyo.org replay downloader to work
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 04:24:53 PM »
Thanks, that takes care of it. Granted it's a sample size of one, but I can't imagine other replays being different, so I guess we can call this one resolved.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Re: Can't get gensokyo.org replay downloader to work (resolved)
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 12:30:27 AM »
Huh, I have the same scenario. Either Gensokyo.org changed something, or our browsers got more stupid. :\
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Tengukami

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 12:44:32 AM »
I also have the same issue, and I haven't changed or updated my browser, so it's likely something site-side. Fortunately there's an easy solution.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Zil

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 02:42:13 AM »
I've never experienced it before with IE, though I tried going there with Firefox and it happened, so the browser probably has something to do with it.

Tengukami

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 03:03:38 AM »
I've never experienced it before with IE, though I tried going there with Firefox and it happened, so the browser probably has something to do with it.

Only, I was able to download replays with a click a couple weeks ago. My browser has not updated since then. Unless FF slipped in some very, very specific update that opens .rpy files in the browser, I think the site probably had an update.

Zil

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 03:10:22 AM »
Oh yes. I just meant that the browser you use makes a difference. The site is most likely responsible for whatever change occured.

Tengukami

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 03:18:27 AM »
+1 for Internet Explorer!