Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 7)  (Read 44127 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 7)
« Reply #270 on: January 27, 2012, 12:10:41 AM »
>"So, what were you going to do with her?"

>"I'll get it right this time," she says in a stubborn tone.
>"Get what right?" Murasa asks.
>There is a flicker of doubt on Chisato's face for a moment. She glances towards you. "...nevermind."
>Murasa sighs. "Look, we can't have a mouse running around here. Nazrin here's offered to find a better home for it."
>Is that actually a little... disappointment on Chisato's face? Either way, it doesn't last long. "Look, I'll make sure this doesn't happen again, cap'n. You got my word on that."

« Reply #271 on: January 27, 2012, 12:29:15 AM »
>Look at the mouse, then back at the mouse-keeper.
>"She matters to you. Doesn't she."

« Reply #272 on: January 27, 2012, 12:36:20 AM »
>Look at the mouse, then back at the mouse-keeper.
>"She matters to you. Doesn't she."

>"Why do you care?" she retorts.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #273 on: January 27, 2012, 12:44:50 AM »
>"Because people don't show respect to mice, so when they do I get interested. What, you think I'm making fun of you?"

« Reply #274 on: January 27, 2012, 01:00:51 AM »
>"Because people don't show respect to mice, so when they do I get interested. What, you think I'm making fun of you?"

>Chisato stares at you for a moment, looking both adversarial and a little off balance. Her mouth twitches, but she just lets it out as a coarse sigh.
>"Fine," she says, "Let's say I do."

« Reply #275 on: January 27, 2012, 01:17:54 AM »
>"Well, I'd like to know why. And I reckon your captain does, too."

« Reply #276 on: January 27, 2012, 01:33:31 AM »
>"Well, I'd like to know why. And I reckon your captain does, too."

>"Just didn't wanna see her get hurt or tossed overboard or something," she says gruffly.
>Murasa frowns dryly.

« Reply #277 on: January 27, 2012, 01:38:18 AM »
>Gesture to the box.
>"Had you considered using a box with a top on it?"

« Reply #278 on: January 27, 2012, 01:45:54 AM »
>Gesture to the box.
>"Had you considered using a box with a top on it?"

>"I'm not that stupid," she says, throwing you a dirty look. "It... wasn't supposed to be able to get out on its own."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #279 on: January 27, 2012, 01:52:18 AM »
>"Heh. Don't take mice lightly. But yeah, don't be embarrassed, you did a good thing."

« Reply #280 on: January 27, 2012, 02:20:20 AM »
>"Heh. Don't take mice lightly. But yeah, don't be embarrassed, you did a good thing."

>Chisato looks a bit unsure how to take this remark, her forcefulness momentarily put off balance. You'd almost swear she was trying to find some way to take offense to that, but failing.
>"Not so sure about that, myself," Murasa mumbles. "But that aside, are you saying you still wanna keep it, too?"
>The redhead doesn't say much, but her hesitation speaks for her. Murasa sighs.
>"Look," she says. "I don't want to find that anywhere else but the inside of your room, got it? If it happens again, that's it."
>"...understood," Chisato replies. Murasa sighs again, a strangely weary sound.

« Reply #281 on: January 27, 2012, 02:30:41 AM »
>So, we had one human that liked a mouse enough to take care of it, and her boss willing to let her do it. Maybe they ain't too bad folks.
>In chitterspeak, "Good news. Big one with the yummies can keep you safe. Different big one letting you stay."
>"Just be careful and don't explore too much. Place belongs to different big one. Try to stay where big one with yummies puts you."

« Reply #282 on: January 27, 2012, 02:42:24 AM »
>So, we had one human that liked a mouse enough to take care of it, and her boss willing to let her do it. Maybe they ain't too bad folks.
>In chitterspeak, "Good news. Big one with the yummies can keep you safe. Different big one letting you stay."
>"Just be careful and don't explore too much. Place belongs to different big one. Try to stay where big one with yummies puts you."

>More than a lot of people would have done, that's for sure.
>You communicate the situation to the mouse. She does seem to mostly understand and squeaks her acknowledgments, but to be frank, you're not sure how seriously she'll take the directive to stay put. Or, for that matter, how well she'll remember it in a little while. Instinct can be a pretty powerful thing.
>"Neat trick," Chisato says. "What's it saying?"

« Reply #283 on: January 27, 2012, 02:54:52 AM »
>"Well, I'm trying to tell her that the boss here isn't too keen on the idea of our little friend here roaming the ship at will. Which makes sense. But, you're probably gonna need a house with a roof for her. With solid walls, if you catch my drift. Some mice take directions about as well as fairys do."
>"And it's a she. In case you were wondering."

« Reply #284 on: January 27, 2012, 03:13:40 AM »
>"Well, I'm trying to tell her that the boss here isn't too keen on the idea of our little friend here roaming the ship at will. Which makes sense. But, you're probably gonna need a house with a roof for her. With solid walls, if you catch my drift. Some mice take directions about as well as fairys do."
>"And it's a she. In case you were wondering."

>"Oh, it she?" Chisato leans over and takes a look inside the box. The mouse tentatively pokes her head out from the pile of shavings, just an inch. You think you catch a hint of a smile on Chisato's face, though it's quickly replaced with an expression that's strictly business.
>"Anyway, thanks for that and all," she says after a moment. "I'll figure out somethin' to make sure she really stays put this time." She mutters something under her breath; you can't quite make it out.

« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2012, 03:27:17 AM »
>Grin. "And she likes you, too."
>"But thanks on behalf of her, as well. Nice to see a mouse get a good home." Nod to Murasa. "And you as well, Captain."

« Reply #286 on: January 27, 2012, 03:31:54 AM »
>Grin. "And she likes you, too."
>"But thanks on behalf of her, as well. Nice to see a mouse get a good home." Nod to Murasa. "And you as well, Captain."

>"Ha, really?" Chisato grins at the mouse in turn.
>Murasa shrugs. "Eh, gotta keep the crew happy, too."

« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2012, 03:35:16 AM »
>"Outta curiousity, though, Chisato, how long ago did you bring her on board?"

« Reply #288 on: January 27, 2012, 03:40:28 AM »
>"Outta curiousity, though, Chisato, how long ago did you bring her on board?"

>"Probably 'bout three or four days ago, now," she says.

« Reply #289 on: January 27, 2012, 03:41:19 AM »
>"And she's been in your room all that time? Apart from today, of course."

« Reply #290 on: January 27, 2012, 03:43:55 AM »
>"And she's been in your room all that time? Apart from today, of course."

>She nods. "Pretty much, yeah."
>"Well, I suppose that's something," Murasa says.

« Reply #291 on: January 27, 2012, 03:47:48 AM »
>"Was kinda hoping the little girl would be able to help me figure out what happened to that document of yours, might have smelled something out of place, or something." Shrug. "Oh, well."

« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2012, 03:57:06 AM »
>"Was kinda hoping the little girl would be able to help me figure out what happened to that document of yours, might have smelled something out of place, or something." Shrug. "Oh, well."

>"Well, at least you found her when you did," Murasa says. "Didn't need more problems on top of this one."

« Reply #293 on: January 27, 2012, 04:16:54 AM »
>Glance over the side of the ship. Does the docks are have a guardhouse, or a watch station, anything like that to check on reports of recent theft?

« Reply #294 on: January 27, 2012, 04:36:21 AM »
>Glance over the side of the ship. Does the docks are have a guardhouse, or a watch station, anything like that to check on reports of recent theft?

>The Watch does have a modest-sized guard station in the port district, although the staggered nature of the docks means you can't actually see it from your current location. Aside from this, they also do regular patrols in the area.

« Reply #295 on: January 27, 2012, 04:43:56 AM »
>Does Orange ever get down in this part of town?

« Reply #296 on: January 27, 2012, 04:47:18 AM »
>Does Orange ever get down in this part of town?

>As a junior patrol officer, she's been shuffled around to a bunch of different parts of town over the time she's been with the Watch. You're not sure if she's worked down this way, but you figure there's a pretty good chance. It mightn't have been all that recent, though.

« Reply #297 on: January 27, 2012, 05:14:17 AM »
>Well, more uphill battle first. That harbormaster hardass'll probably be less fun to deal with than Orange. Even if her pants stay on this time. May as well get that out of the way.
>Can we see the harbormaster's office from here? Or, do we even know what it looks like, or where it is?

« Reply #298 on: January 27, 2012, 05:29:06 AM »
>Well, more uphill battle first. That harbormaster hardass'll probably be less fun to deal with than Orange. Even if her pants stay on this time. May as well get that out of the way.
>Can we see the harbormaster's office from here? Or, do we even know what it looks like, or where it is?

>You decide to tackle the more unpleasant angle first.
>You cannot see that from here, either, but you do know where to find it. It is actually a complex of neighboring structures, fairly large by Braston standards, but the export market is what keeps the city alive. You don't know off-hand where this Louise's office would be within them, but that shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

« Reply #299 on: January 27, 2012, 05:48:21 AM »
>"Alright, with that issue settled, best get cracking on the next one. Wish me luck."
>Make for that block of offices.