Author Topic: General IaMP, SWR, Hisoutensoku Thread 3  (Read 9209 times)

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
General IaMP, SWR, Hisoutensoku Thread 3
« on: September 26, 2011, 06:02:40 AM »
Seeing how the old one is now locked, it shall be revived!

There is one announcement! Hisoutensoku has a new official patch (apparently released on the 22nd)! You can find it here. The previous was 1.10, where this one, 1.10a, from Google translate, says "Fix bug fix network vulnerabilities that is more than 60 FPS ? Some environments".

Also, I've been trying to fight Shady on IaMP, but we can't connect to each other. We're not entirely sure why this is happening. Anyone have some helpful advice for rollcaster?
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
Re: General IaMP, SWR, Hisoutensoku Thread 3
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 06:06:24 AM »
So does that mean it fixes bugs which cause netplay to go faster than 60fps?

Also I have no idea why the IaMP netplay isn't working. But I'd like to play IaMP with someone sometime. aka Now.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 06:11:04 AM by J.O.B »

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 06:39:04 AM »
Well, we finally got our matches. We did only 2, because the amount of lag was ridiculous. I'm thinking it's his connection, since he's doing it at his school, while I'm at home.

It was also minimizing and doing weird things on his end, but he noticed it was only when we were connected. Don't know if there's anything we can do about either of these issues.

Also, I'm unclear about what that patch does. A better translation would help.
TF2 Backpack

J.O.B

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 12:11:43 PM »
I found a new combo for Patchouli that's not on the wiki.
5AAA 2A 4B Alt.412B/C Emerald City
about 2300 damage, %135 limit.
And a variant.
5AAA 2A 2B(1 hit) 2C Alt.236B(possibly C too)Summer Flame (not sure if it works with default 236).
about 2283 damage, %100 limit.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 12:19:14 PM by J.O.B »

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 06:04:00 PM »
Try to learn the Japanese names for moves and use the Japanese wikis as references instead of the English one, as the English one is terribly incomplete for the most part.

The patch... uh... http://mauve.mizuumi.net/2011/09/22/oh-boy-a-soku-patch/ Just read that. I'm not about to explain something I know nothing about.

Things I wanted to respond to from the last thread:
SaachiKero (or whatever): Check your version to make sure it's the same as what everyone else has. If it doesn't say 1.10 at the top, figure it out. I don't know what a "direct IP connection" is, but if you've tried hooking your computer up straight to your modem (assuming your router and modem are two different things) and it still doesn't work, well... good luck to you.

J.O.B: Building decks for Yuyuko is easy. Do you know how to use the skill? Do you want to use the skill? Use it!
That's it. All her skills (defaults and alts) are insanely good at what they do. Hell, you should probably just learn how to properly use all her default skills before going into the alts because it's not always the case that you'll get the cards you want going into each match.

As for Suwako... Lolidk. I go so far as to skip matches involving Suwako just 'cause they're so boring and take so long compared to most other matches.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 12:23:07 AM »

SaachiKero (or whatever): Check your version to make sure it's the same as what everyone else has. If it doesn't say 1.10 at the top, figure it out. I don't know what a "direct IP connection" is, but if you've tried hooking your computer up straight to your modem (assuming your router and modem are two different things) and it still doesn't work, well... good luck to you.
Direct IP connection would be connecting to their computer directly, bypassing router issues, and usually, taking out a bunch of lag. I did this with Rollcaster for IaMP with Shady, but it didn't work out too well. We're beginning to think my internet is to blame, since it's kinda sucky.

But I'd like to play IaMP with someone sometime. aka Now.
This would be very fun actually. Issue is, I would probably have to go to my university's library and use the computers there, since their internet is leagues better than mine. (is that an understatement? :V) Actually, having a little tourney would be great too, but I wouldn't know if that would work well because of everyone's schedules and time zones. (plus their internet connection
Spoiler:
and oddly behaving computers. looks at shady >_>
)
TF2 Backpack

J.O.B

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 02:22:11 AM »
How exactly should I customize decks for everyone then?
Also:
This would be very fun actually. Issue is, I would probably have to go to my university's library and use the computers there, since their internet is leagues better than mine. (is that an understatement? :V) Actually, having a little tourney would be great too, but I wouldn't know if that would work well because of everyone's schedules and time zones. (plus their internet connection
Spoiler:
and oddly behaving computers. looks at shady >_>
)
I don't think we should realy have a tourney. Because of timezones and location and all that obvious stuff. But I'm free for a match for most of the day.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 11:28:57 PM »
So, I've just noticed (about a month ago) that Soku Lobby got updated and supports relay. So those of you who had hosting issues before (like me) can now no longer worry about that.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 02:36:17 AM »
I'm needing help on Remilia Blockstrings.

I either do 5AAA 5B h.j9 j.2A j.2C 66 j.5AA Repeat. Or change the beggining for [f].5A 6A

Aside from that, considering I haven't played against anyone but the Lunatic AI in a few months, my 16 matches just a couple minutes ago got me a score of 10x6 for me. And my opponent was considered at least "decent".  :3

Oh yeah, about that, it seemed to have fixed itself, or something, I'm being able to connect to 2 different peopl now, at least, will try with other people at some later date.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 02:43:56 AM by Sacchi The Kero »

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 08:18:17 PM »
So I finally learned what Ice frog system card actually does. (before I thought it just tripped people randomly)

Anyone know how to really use it?

So far, the only use I thought up was:
1) Get Suika's troll alt 22 throw (kidnapping oni)
2) Get a knockdown in the corner.
3) Throw out the ice frog
4) 22c and watch Suika dunk some suckers to the ground.

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 08:34:01 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IllwC_zIJRA

Ignore the music.

Watch the other video too. Those are probably the most universal uses for Cirno system.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 08:01:54 PM »
@Ice Frog

Forced Teching, great for invulnerability frames for Ticket To The Notherworld and occasionally Yukari's Train.

Aside from forced teching and messing up your opponent's setup (and probably destroying their projectiles) I think it's pretty useless, but I could be wrong.

Kumori

• BLAAAAAH.
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 09:45:15 AM »
I have a problem. I don't know how to use spellcards in IaMP. Everything says to press '22D' but I don't really understand what they mean. I'm probably just really ignorant.
I cannot think of a good signature, and probably never will.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 03:59:26 PM »
I have a problem. I don't know how to use spellcards in IaMP. Everything says to press '22D' but I don't really understand what they mean. I'm probably just really ignorant.

each number on the keypad is related to a direction 1=down-back 2=down 3=down-forward 4=left 6=right, etc.

22D refers to down, down D(default key is A) and is the input to declare the spellcard. once you've done this you should see a magic circle underneath your character. then you use 236C(down, down-forward, forward, C(literally the 'C' key)) to use the spellcard.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

shurcle

• You can nom on yourself sometimes!
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 05:11:17 PM »
I can't really play until I figure out new ways to play youmu.
I've tried using her 3A attack to start moves but its getting predictable.
623C is terrible hard to pull off for me, most of the time I'm just mashing 6 2 6 C and it comes up maybe 60% of the time.(The other 40% are 2C attacks)
Any advice.

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 04:40:15 AM »
Oh? so this is where we talk about the fighting games right? I thought this thread would have been larger than 1 page. I guess I'll need to remedy that  :3

I like to play Alice mostly on hisoutensoku, but I also like Remilia and Yuyuko, if only for the HUGS and KISSES :>

there's still alot I need to practice on too. 623 + 421 are killers on me, I almost entirely ignore them. 22 specials sometimes don't work for me, because I'm a bit of a button masher

just recently started really learning about how to proberly cancel for air combo's. I have a hard time hitting enemies that like to fly into the air alot, so it's a good starting point.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 11:29:19 AM »
Is there any trick to doing Suwako's 5AAA j5B 66 j5A part?
Sometimes Suwako seems to be unable to airdash after the j5B.
Signature

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 08:53:03 PM »
Hisoutensoku English patch is now out for 1.10a! You can find it here. Looks like it came out just yesterday.

He also listed some fixes to the patch here.

He also translated the changelog of 1.10a:
?一部の環境でFPSが60以上になる不具合の修正? -> ?FPS now locked to no more than 60 at all times.?
?ネットワークの脆弱性の修正? -> ?Network vulnerability fixed.?
TF2 Backpack

Trickster-kun

• Well, well, well...
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 05:50:37 AM »
Excuse me... is this the place where I would ask where/how would we get information on Hisoutensoku's 'sequel' (IF there ever is one)? If not, can you please point me in the right direction? :)
~Yesterday was all I had. Today is all I have. Tomorrow is all I want.~

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 05:51:43 AM »
Yeah, we're gonna be discussing about its sequel once we even get so much of a hint of having one in the works. Thank god fandom is this quick.

By the way Nelly how good are you exactly at Soku? I'd like to have a buddy to practice with once in a while.

Provided you aren't too busy.

Trickster-kun

• Well, well, well...
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 06:52:48 AM »
Yeah, we're gonna be discussing about its sequel once we even get so much of a hint of having one in the works. Thank god fandom is this quick.

By the way Nelly how good are you exactly at Soku? I'd like to have a buddy to practice with once in a while.

Provided you aren't too busy.
Er... the *main* issue with discussing my particular level of skill is the fact that I have a horribad Internet... I used to play Ragnarok Online when I was back in the States, and that ~9 -year-old game is nigh unplayable on my current connection... so the only way I could really say 'I'm somewhat good' and be able to back it up would be offline play... OR until I get a better Internet service, hopefully sometime early next year.

Japan's Internet service overall is fantastic... when you're not stuck with early DSL modem shenanigans because you are forced to use their service under contract... *sigh* I need to hurry up and be able to live outside of base in a local community so I can get that fiber-optics going... THEN I can REALLY contribute to the Hisoutensoku scene!
~Yesterday was all I had. Today is all I have. Tomorrow is all I want.~

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 03:16:07 PM »
Well, yes. Internet really likes to screw with netplay because it doesn't let you play for real like when you do offline. Which is why I don't like to play with my classmates via netplay.

That, and everyone seems to be actually better than me by a hell lot.

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 10:55:13 PM »
Hi all, I'm a pretty noobish Hisoutensoku player, but I love the game and would love to get better. My best (and favorite) characters to play are Remilia and Patchouli. Other characters I'm interested in are Yukari, Yuyuko, Youmu, Cirno, and perhaps Suika. I have very little experience controlling fighting games with a keyboard so I use an XBOX 360 controller instead. Like I said, I'm pretty new as I've only played against a close friend of mine who is just about as experienced as me (though we have played a lot of matches). I'm capable of beating the Lunatic computers in arcade mode, but I don't think thats very impressive. The only way to (somewhat) accurately describe my skill level would be to show you this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q8rjQhkrHw

Here I play with Remilia against said friend. It's probably not my best match, but it should show what I'm capable of. The one combo I pulled off in the match, is currently the only one I can do in an actual match. So do you guys have any tips on how to improve? I'd like to play with some other people, but I think I'd probably get steamrolled.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 10:11:33 PM »
Well, I was finally able to fight with Shady last night in IaMP. Used Hamachi instead of the direct connection thing in Rollcaster, and the lag was significantly better, though it still had a few slowdown moments. Least it was playable unlike the first time through. :) I'll put the replays up on Youtube soon, I just have a few videos to go through first. (we had 2 for fun matches where we played as characters we didn't really know how to play :V)
TF2 Backpack

Trickysticks

• What am I? TRICKYSTEAKS I AM!
  • A stick of the tricky variety.
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 10:33:05 PM »
What I do with IaMP is just use the relay option, using the default(mizuumi.net). There's little-no lag, and you don't even need to be port-forwarded/whatever else.

Anyway, I'm always up for a game(of IaMP), if anyone really wants to play.
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 01:14:26 AM »
hey people, I've started a channel for iamp matchmaking (not limited to, though), mainly for the purpose of being an alternative to mizuumi.net's iamp channel (I have nothing against it, personally, just this channel may be scary-looking, for new players :p)

irc://irc.ppirc.net/iamp

I'm new to irc handling, so please bear with me :D
Also I don't have much availability (due to me playing other games and etc..), sorry..

Let's see how things will go.
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.