Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 5)  (Read 49394 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 5)
« Reply #780 on: October 18, 2011, 07:50:18 AM »
>Give her an understanding chuckle.
>"Gotta be somebody, doesn't it? Doesn't seem that long ago, I was still a student myself."
>Is that name known to us?
>"So this professor, Kamishirasawa. She still in town?"

« Reply #781 on: October 18, 2011, 08:12:39 AM »
>Give her an understanding chuckle.
>"Gotta be somebody, doesn't it? Doesn't seem that long ago, I was still a student myself."
>Is that name known to us?
>"So this professor, Kamishirasawa. She still in town?"

>You chuckle a little.
>"It's not so bad, I guess," she says. "Besides, I got to see that inscription before any of the rest of them, so I suppose there's that!"
>It is not.
>She shakes her head. "Nope, she's back at the dig with most of the others. I'm holding down the fort until the next skimmer can take me and this stuff back up there."

« Reply #782 on: October 18, 2011, 09:43:28 PM »
My sidequest/fetchquest senses are tingling. I think we should ask about these issues she mentioned. We may not be able to leave town until we settle the Marisa problem, but that doesn't mean we can't do something in the meantime.

« Reply #783 on: October 19, 2011, 01:16:21 AM »
>"I'm still curious about those 'issues' you mentioned. If things have gone missing, it's kinda my thing to find things that go astray."

« Reply #784 on: October 19, 2011, 01:33:10 AM »
>"I'm still curious about those 'issues' you mentioned. If things have gone missing, it's kinda my thing to find things that go astray."

>"Oh, uh-" She gives an awkward half-frown. "Nothing really missing, no. It's no big deal, really."

« Reply #785 on: October 19, 2011, 03:42:33 AM »
>"Humor me."

« Reply #786 on: October 19, 2011, 03:44:54 AM »
>"Humor me."

>"I'd... really rather not," she replies, attempting to look a little more firm.

« Reply #787 on: October 19, 2011, 03:53:33 AM »
>"All right, that's up to you."
>"But tell me this, if you please. Is Professor Kamishirasawa going to be back into town tomorrow? Or sometime in the next day or two?"

« Reply #788 on: October 19, 2011, 04:04:40 AM »
>"All right, that's up to you."
>"But tell me this, if you please. Is Professor Kamishirasawa going to be back into town tomorrow? Or sometime in the next day or two?"

>"I wouldn't expect so," she says, "unless... something important comes up. We're dug in for the long haul up there. Er, pardon the pun. With this resupply, we should be good for at least another week or two, probably. I'm sure the professor would be interested in seeing that sword, though. I could ask if she'd mind you stopping by. If you don't mind either, of course!" she adds hastily.

« Reply #789 on: October 19, 2011, 04:31:52 AM »
>Stifle a chuckle at the pun. Imagine that comes up a lot in their line of work.
>"I can't leave town for the next day or two myself, I have to see one my guildmates about another job, and I can't afford to miss her."
>"About how far is it between here and there, anyway?"

« Reply #790 on: October 19, 2011, 04:58:27 AM »
>Stifle a chuckle at the pun. Imagine that comes up a lot in their line of work.
>"I can't leave town for the next day or two myself, I have to see one my guildmates about another job, and I can't afford to miss her."
>"About how far is it between here and there, anyway?"

>You stifle a chuckle. You seem to be doing a lot of that lately.
>"Oh, ok. Maybe later, then?" She frowns a little, glancing at the sword again. "I wish I had one of the cameras with me..."
>"It's about a four or five hour trip," she says. "Though some of that's because of how slow they need to take it in places. It's tricky to navigate - probably why it went undiscovered for so long. Some of the skyreefs along the way are really spectacular, though!"

« Reply #791 on: October 19, 2011, 05:38:23 AM »
>Not as bad as we'd feared. Half a day, round trip.... Pity Marisa proved hard to track down.
>"Well, if it turns out I can go that way, nice to know I can expect a nice view."
>Do we know enough about this location to find it on our own? If not, ask nicely for directions, in the event we find Marisa soon.

« Reply #792 on: October 19, 2011, 05:53:15 AM »
>Not as bad as we'd feared. Half a day, round trip.... Pity Marisa proved hard to track down.
>"Well, if it turns out I can go that way, nice to know I can expect a nice view."
>Do we know enough about this location to find it on our own? If not, ask nicely for directions, in the event we find Marisa soon.

>All things considered, that's not too far away.
>She nods. "Yeah, it's pretty great."
>The extent of your knowledge of the dig's location is an islet off the northern edge of Estval, so you inquire for more specifics.
>"Oh, I couldn't tell you how to get there," she says. "Not with any specifics - I'm no navigator. Like I said, it's pretty hard to get to at all. We've chartered a skimmer to ferry people and gear back and forth from here when we need it. The larger ships are just too big to navigate the route."

« Reply #793 on: October 19, 2011, 05:59:39 AM »
>"Don't suppose you'd mind telling me if these skimmers have a regular schedule?"

« Reply #794 on: October 19, 2011, 06:08:38 AM »
>"Don't suppose you'd mind telling me if these skimmers have a regular schedule?"

>"Well, kinda... We try to do a regular run each week, bringing stuff back from town and rotating who's on Braston duty. If there's an emergency or something, we can get one there faster, usually. I'm supposed to be going back tomorrow afternoon."

« Reply #795 on: October 19, 2011, 06:12:17 AM »
>"Let's say, for the sake of argument, I manage to track down my colleague before then. Would there be room for me? I'd very much like for this prof to see my sword."

« Reply #796 on: October 19, 2011, 06:21:03 AM »
>"Let's say, for the sake of argument, I manage to track down my colleague before then. Would there be room for me? I'd very much like for this prof to see my sword."

>"There's room, but well..." She frowns. "I can't really just say it's okay for you to come along, either. I mean, it's not my call to make. The dig isn't really supposed to be open to the general public and all..."

« Reply #797 on: October 19, 2011, 06:31:38 AM »
>"I can respect that. I'd just hate to miss getting the history of this thing, if I can. And as you said, your prof, and your fellows'd love a look at it as well."
>"If it means anything, though, I'm not exactly the general public. I'm just a lone seeker with information to sell, or trade, looking for information of her own. I've no interest in what you're- I don't even know what you're digging for up there." Add quickly, "And I'm not fishing for info, just saying. Whatever you're looking for up there's not what I'm after, and I know how to keep a secret."

« Reply #798 on: October 19, 2011, 06:51:54 AM »
>"I can respect that. I'd just hate to miss getting the history of this thing, if I can. And as you said, your prof, and your fellows'd love a look at it as well."

>"I, er, think you may be giving us too much credit if you think we can tell you much about that sword's history," she say, frowning slightly. "At least yet, anyway. I'll be bringing back a copy of the rubbing for the others to look at, but I can't promise that even Professor Kamishirasawa will be able to translate any of it. Our knowledge of Freelands Archaic is... fragmentary at best. But hopefully that'll be changing soon!"

>"If it means anything, though, I'm not exactly the general public. I'm just a lone seeker with information to sell, or trade, looking for information of her own. I've no interest in what you're- I don't even know what you're digging for up there." Add quickly, "And I'm not fishing for info, just saying. Whatever you're looking for up there's not what I'm after, and I know how to keep a secret."

>"No offense to you, but I'm sure that's what they all say. It's no secret how... mercenary some of your type are." Then her eyes widen slightly and she makes a quick dismissive gesture. "Uh, not that I'm saying you're lying or anything. I'm sure you're a nice person and all, really."
>She lets out a little breath. "But it doesn't really matter what I think, anyway. Like I said, it's not my call; I'm just a student."

« Reply #799 on: October 19, 2011, 07:00:14 AM »
>"I get ya."
>"If your boss decides this sword's worth having a look at personally, tell her I'll be in town until tomorrow at least, until I hear back from Marisa."
>Didn't Marisa mention doing a job for these blokes before? If she did, ask missy here if she's seen her about lately.

« Reply #800 on: October 19, 2011, 07:03:55 AM »
>"I get ya."
>"If your boss decides this sword's worth having a look at personally, tell her I'll be in town until tomorrow at least, until I hear back from Marisa."
>Didn't Marisa mention doing a job for these blokes before? If she did, ask missy here if she's seen her about lately.

>She nods. "I will, don't you worry."
>She did not.

« Reply #801 on: October 19, 2011, 07:05:56 AM »
>"Just outta curiousity, you haven't seen a woman named Marisa Kirisame recently, have you? Blonde haired witch, rides a broom."

« Reply #802 on: October 19, 2011, 07:07:11 AM »
>Ask her if she's seen or slept with Marisa anyway, and describe Mari if need be.

>She shakes her head. "Nope, don't think I've seen anyone like that. At least not that I've noticed. Um... why?"

« Reply #803 on: October 19, 2011, 07:38:03 AM »
>"Because she's the Seeker I'm trying to track down, and it's proving to be harder than I thought."
>Damn you, Mari.... And damn me for relying so much on you being here.
>"Ah, well, that's my problem. One I'd hoped to have settled tonight, but if I can't, so be it. Been the story of my life lately."
>"Thanks for your time."
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 07:42:47 AM by Old Man Sour »

« Reply #804 on: October 19, 2011, 07:50:54 AM »
>"Because she's the Seeker I'm trying to track down, and it's proving to be harder than I thought."
>Damn you, Mari.... And damn me for relying so much on you being here.
>"Ah, well, that's my problem. One I'd hoped to have settled tonight, but if I can't, so be it. Been the story of my life lately."
>"Thanks for your time."

>"Oh." She seems brought up a little short by this, then assumes a kind of sheepishly apologetic expression. "Sorry."
>Of all the times...
>"Hey, wait," the archaeologist cries. "Don't I get to have a better look at that first? Uh, I mean... can I?"

« Reply #805 on: October 19, 2011, 07:57:20 AM »
>Beh. What's a minute or two.
>"Sure. Why not. Want me to unwrap it, or it good enough as is?"

« Reply #806 on: October 19, 2011, 07:59:04 AM »
>Beh. What's a minute or two.
>"Sure. Why not. Want me to unwrap it, or it good enough as is?"

>She nods. "Please."

« Reply #807 on: October 19, 2011, 08:03:31 AM »
>Trusting woman.
>Unwrap the blade, slowly, so as not to alarm her.
>Keep an eye on her, too, in case she tries to grab the thing. Or us.

« Reply #808 on: October 19, 2011, 08:14:13 AM »
>Trusting woman.
>Unwrap the blade, slowly, so as not to alarm her.
>Keep an eye on her, too, in case she tries to grab the thing. Or us.

>Or simply excited enough about seeing it to be oblivious. Academics...
>You unwrap the blade slowly. As you do, the archeologist stares closely at the inscription on the guard, shifting her position from one side to the other to get a better sense of its dimensionality.
>She makes no attempt to tackle or disarm you while you unwind the cloth. Once the blade becomes exposed, she sizes it up closely.
>"The condition of this is amazing," she says. "Did you get it restored, or was it like this when you found it?"

« Reply #809 on: October 19, 2011, 08:28:57 AM »
>"Not restored. Haven't had time for anything like that yet. It was this way when I found it next to that river. Couldn't tell ya how long it was down there for, either."