Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 5)  (Read 49383 times)

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 5)
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2011, 09:05:07 PM »
-Dig in and ejoy the meal, savouring it some.
-admire are cooking skills, even if are hunger makes us more then biaus.
"there is a Fine line between genius and insanity. I see it every day running screaming past it with scissors."
-8-bit theater, Red Mage, taken as personal saying.

« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2011, 09:34:15 PM »
>Inventory. Let's see just how much we lost after that little adventure.
>What do we need for the trip back to Braston? And do we feel up to making that walk?

« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2011, 10:30:33 PM »
-Dig in and ejoy the meal, savouring it some.
-admire are cooking skills, even if are hunger makes us more then biaus.

>You dig into your meal, eagerly devouring it. The savoring comes easily at this point; your stomach has decided to make you very much aware of how little food it's seen these past days. You work on rectifying that problem.
>You know that your cooking skills are merely functional at best, and certainly no great feats of culinary technique were involved in making this breakfast, but at the moment 'functional' is more than good enough.

>Inventory. Let's see just how much we lost after that little adventure.
>What do we need for the trip back to Braston? And do we feel up to making that walk?

>Your pack and such are still in your room; there doesn't appear to be anything in the pockets of your current clothing.
>Assuming your pack's contents are in one piece, you have more than enough food for the trip, though the thought of spending most of the day walking... is not at all a pleasant one at the moment. You might be able to endure it, but you'd really rather not have to.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2011, 10:51:25 PM »
>Do we feel up to a walk around town?

« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2011, 10:53:42 PM »
>Do we feel up to a walk around town?

>That should be fine.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2011, 11:02:57 PM »
I suggest we shakedown Minoriko for every bit of information we can. And maybe make sure there is some kind of decent anti-spider preparation going on; I'm thinking aforementioned hunters probably ought to be nudged toward drilling more able folks with bows, if any are to be found. Its not like the few skilled youkai can be everywhere if something bad happens.

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2011, 11:27:36 PM »
we don't really need to suggest the additional troops to guard. Since Supposedly the Sisters are helping manage it, and frankly are muti armed pal... we needs a new arm, so it be a bit before she back to full strength as well, and so long we make sure the additional info DID get to the sisters they should be able to prepare accordingly, at least till we can get around easier are selves.

However getting some more info wouldn't be a bad idea. However we shouldn't be to aggressive with it, if its something like, how prays are private things, bla bla bla god rules. She saved us, and we don't know when where going need her help. However that said, all for getting more clarity on this whole matter, help us out later.
"there is a Fine line between genius and insanity. I see it every day running screaming past it with scissors."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #157 on: September 25, 2011, 11:52:29 PM »
Well, I doubt if she were going to launch any kind of attack, she'd do it alone. Really, the problem will be spiders coming when no one expects it, which may be too much between the few skilled people we have. Having the farmers be able to fend off a spider attack we aren't there to handle would be a good idea. And, given what we've seen of the youkai herself, I am entirely confident she'll heal those legs back by the time we meet her again.

And we probably owe Minoriko a donation or summat, anyways.

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #158 on: September 26, 2011, 12:15:43 AM »
we needed to talk to the people organizing the defense anyways. Make sure everything we know clearly gotten to them. So we can question them about how their defenses are then, in ether case.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #159 on: September 26, 2011, 12:21:55 AM »
Quite so. But probably Minoriko first.

>Are we decently dressed for an outing?

« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2011, 12:33:51 AM »
>Are we decently dressed for an outing?

>Jinbei tend to be more indoor than outdoor wear, but you're certainly presentable enough.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2011, 01:05:15 AM »
>Do we recall if there's any kind of hamper or closet or such for donated clothes, and the likelihood of such having clothes that'd fit us?

« Reply #162 on: September 26, 2011, 03:06:34 AM »
>Do we recall if there's any kind of hamper or closet or such for donated clothes, and the likelihood of such having clothes that'd fit us?

>There is. Ichirin tries to keep a decent supply of spare clothes in varied sizes - in this occupation, you never know when you might suddenly have someone new to clothe - and most of what people grow out of gets recycled. There's probably a decent chance that you could find something in your size; the clothes you're wearing now fit well enough, anyway. If worst came to worst, Manami looks like she's getting pretty close to your size now...

« Reply #163 on: September 26, 2011, 07:22:56 AM »
>After we finish breakfast, and tidy away the dishes, grab an apple for the road, then go retreive our pack, and find ourselves some outdoors-y clothes.

« Reply #164 on: September 26, 2011, 07:42:34 AM »
>After we finish breakfast, and tidy away the dishes, grab an apple for the road, then go retreive our pack, and find ourselves some outdoors-y clothes.

>You happily polish off the rest of your meal, then tidy away the dishes and pocket an apple.
>Then you head back to your room and pick up your pack, stowing the apple with the rest of your food, and set off to look for some clothes.
>Finally, you head off to the storage room to look around for some clothes in your size. This proves to be a little harder than you'd hoped, but you eventually settle on a kosode in subtle earth tones and a pair of work pants that look just a touch on the large size for you.

« Reply #165 on: September 26, 2011, 08:04:42 AM »
>It'll do till we get back to our room in Braston.
>Return to our room. Equip clothes.
>Pop back down to see Manami again, taking care not to disrupt Michiko's tower.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 08:31:40 AM by Sourfang »

« Reply #166 on: September 27, 2011, 09:13:11 PM »
>It'll do till we get back to our room in Braston.
>Return to our room. Equip clothes.

>They're certainly serviceable, at the least.
>You head back to your room and change into your new clothes. Or rather, get as far as stripping off your top when something disturbing catches your eye.
>On your right arm, not far from the residual traces of a claw wound, is a small cluster of what look rather like ragged black veins beneath your skin. Their coloration is quite vivid in the center , but fades swiftly as they reach their extent, perhaps a half-inch or so away.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2011, 09:24:39 PM »
> Neat, a new tattoo.
> Do the veins have any obvious shape or pattern?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2011, 09:30:07 PM »
> Neat, a new tattoo.
> Do the veins have any obvious shape or pattern?

>You're not sure 'neat' is quite the word you'd use...
>Not that you can see; they seem to branch and thin in a manner fairly similar to a normal venous pattern, though there are only a couple distinctly visible tendrils

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #169 on: September 27, 2011, 09:55:54 PM »
>She'll regret that.
>Finish getting dressed.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #170 on: September 27, 2011, 09:57:28 PM »
> That's a cynical 'neat', you silly mouse.

Sounds worth asking about, for all that it seems pretty obvious it's the blight.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2011, 09:58:42 PM »
We'll have to show Minoriko, aye.

« Reply #172 on: September 27, 2011, 10:08:58 PM »
> That's a cynical 'neat', you silly mouse.

>Damn sarcasm detector must be on the fritz...

>She'll regret that.
>Finish getting dressed.

>You spare another moment's bitterness towards the likely source of this.
>Then you finish getting dressed. In the process you note a second, smaller patch on your torso, and another on your left leg, just above the knee. Well, this can't be any worse news than what you've already received...

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #173 on: September 27, 2011, 10:53:48 PM »
Should it be noted, that sour is on a mission to help the spider girl dispit everything? Me supporting him? Which seems to go against the "i will kill her" vibe you give purvis, <_< not that i can exactly blame you.

Now i like to know if sour had any important business with Manami  before heading off to Minoriko. In ether case.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #174 on: September 27, 2011, 11:14:51 PM »
Well, I'm using the idea that Nazrin's not perfectly saintlike. We're still going to help spider girl. But anger and hate don't just vanish. Especially given that she's leading her spiders to doom in a way I'd like to think we'd never do with any mice following us. We might not hate her for taking a stand, but we can sure find plenty of other things like ignorance, sacrificing so-called friends, and so on, that we've called her out on already. And given we can imagine it's going to take force to stop her if she tries anything, I don't think Nazrin would shy away from it,or exist in a state of not-hate while doing so. Byakuren maybe, but not Nazrin.

And yeah, letting Sour handing the details with those things before leaving.

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #175 on: September 28, 2011, 12:16:35 AM »
was just makeshift sure i knew how you where going about it. I also drought she can directly control them, like we can't control mice. It was probably her idea, but i pretty sure she would tried to have them retreat before we drove something thought their skull.

that said i get where your coming from. Now only sour get on.

« Reply #176 on: September 28, 2011, 01:27:55 AM »
Don't leave everything to me, boyos. I promise you, I'll miss something.

« Reply #177 on: September 28, 2011, 01:35:55 AM »

>You head back down to the common room. Stepping inside, you see that the tower of blocks was apparently already disrupted at some point, though Michiko doesn't seem especially put off by this. A successor is in the works, its stature a mere shadow of the previous incarnation, but the ambition on its architect's face is clear.
>Manami glances up in your direction as you enter. Michiko is far too engrossed in making the pivotal decision of green versus blue.

« Reply #178 on: September 28, 2011, 01:42:14 AM »
>"I'm heading out for a bit. Gonna see Minoriko, the Prismrivers, maybe see if I can find some fast transport back to Braston. If Ichirin gets back before I do, tell her I'll stop back in once I make my rounds, if I can."

« Reply #179 on: September 28, 2011, 01:43:28 AM »
>"I'm heading out for a bit. Gonna see Minoriko, the Prismrivers, maybe see if I can find some fast transport back to Braston. If Ichirin gets back before I do, tell her I'll stop back in once I make my rounds, if I can."

>"Got it," Manami replies.