Author Topic: Meira Quest  (Read 50284 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Meira Quest
« on: August 23, 2011, 09:54:53 PM »
> You are Sonozaki Meira, currently eight years old.  You were born in the village of Mayohiga in the year 102, and have lived here for the entirety of your short life without ever leaving.  The year is currently 110.
> Mayohiga is a small village within the secluded mountains of Gensokyo, parallel to Youkai Mountain, legendary for being filled with youkai.  There are youkai in the forests surrounding Mayohiga, too, of course.  It's the Sonozaki clan's duty to defend Mayohiga against youkai, which sometimes come into the village to spirit away or eat humans.  Your mother has deemed you too young to take up the katana just yet.
> Mayohiga itself is a nice place; despite the danger of youkai the forests are beautiful, even if the climate is a little bit cold.  Mayohiga is higher up on the mountain, after all.  The population is small, with the main public buildings consisting of a schoolhouse, market, blacksmith, clinic, the shrine, the well, and a small series of barns where the livestock is kept.  Acting as a buffer zone between the village and the forests are large fields where crops are grown, with more wells dotted here and there.  Your house is located on the outskirts of town, while a few more houses are closer to the center of the village.
> Your family consists of your mother and father, your grandmother on your mother's side, your aunt on your father's side, and her three children, your cousins: Sayane (thirteen), Daichi (eleven), and Hino (nine).  Your parents, grandmother, and aunt are all very adamant about keeping the village safe from youkai, but you and your cousins are much less concerned, even though Sayane and Daichi have already stared learning how to fight.
> Out of the four of you, you're the shiest, a bit lacking in self confidence, and dependent on others.  On the other hand, no one can match your curiosity, which often takes over when you should be experiencing cowardice instead.  You have a one-track mind and the ability to be extremely stubborn, which has frustrated your parents to no end in years past.  While you are afraid of youkai, you are extremely curious about them at the same time.  This has caused conflict on whether or not you want to go into exterminating them, but no matter what you think you're really looking forward to learning how to use a katana.  This makes you extremely jealous of Sayane, who has already gone on to using a real one, not the bamboo rod Daichi has been practicing with.
> Still, there are other important things to be worrying about.  It's the first day of summer vacation, which means no school.  That's also when the forest gets really exciting to be in: all the frogs and insects come out at this time, and if you're really lucky, you'll catch a glimpse of a youkai in broad daylight.  Summer vacation also means you all have to help with the harvest--you've been reminded that the reason there's even a vacation is because of the that--but you and probably every other kid in the village just wants to enjoy the weather while it lasts.
> You have been doing just that, and during a trip in the forest yesterday you've found a strange conical hat; for some reason you feel compelled to keep it a secret from the rest of your family, but it's been hard.  It is by no means a small hat, after all.

> It's currently 4:30pm.  Your mother, grandmother, and Sayane should be at home right now.  You're standing in your room at your house, which you share with Hino.  Both of your futons have been folded up and set away in the corner.  On the walls are scrolls with calligraphy, most of which have you have had to make in school.  To your left is a sliding door leading to the wraparound deck, giving a nice view of the fields and the forest.  To your right is another sliding door, which leads to the rest of your house and closer to the village; next to this one is another one leading to the closet, where all your clothes are kept.  The weather outside is overcast.  If you want to go to the forest, you'll have to hurry up before it rains, or it gets dark and the youkai come out.

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Re: Meira Quest
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 10:01:34 PM »
> Skills
> Relationships
> Have we ever met youkai?
> Where did we find the hat, and where are we keeping it?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 10:09:01 PM »
>Quests
>Inventory
>Hunger Status
>Mental Health
>Physical Health

Welcome back.
Wonder what happened to the last try at this?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 10:09:57 PM »
>Did the moon go weird a few months back?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 10:34:33 PM »
> Skills
> Relationships
> Have we ever met youkai?
> Where did we find the hat, and where are we keeping it?

> Skills:

> You have no combat skills whatsoever, but you're very small and can crawl into small spaces and hide.  You can also run very fast, although you tire out easily.

> Relationships:

> Sonozaki Akemi
  > Your mother.  She's very warm and friendly to you, but she's noticeably much more formal and reserved around strangers.  She's also kind of protective of you, and wants you and Hino to wait longer before you start learning how to use the katana.  She goes out to patrol the borders of the village every night, usually shortly after bedtime.
> Sonozaki Hayato
  > Your father.  He's kind of strict but he's really cool because he's really good at fighting, and he's always helping the other villagers.  He's definitely the good guy, although sometimes he argues with Mother because he thinks it's better that you and Hino pick up the sword earlier.  You kind of agree with him but at the same time you hate seeing your parents fight.
> Sonozaki Keiko
  > Your aunt.  She always makes up these stories about battles against youkai and how she saved people from being spirited away by demons.  You sometimes wonder how many of these are true.  She also drinks a lot of stuff that smells funny, but she said she's not allowed to share any of it with you.
> Sonozaki Akira
  > Your grandmother, who is currently bedridden and sick.  In her younger days she was a well-known youkai exterminator, but she has since retired.  She'll sometimes tell you about youkai she encountered.  She's someone you really look up to because of her life experience.
> Sonozaki Sayane
  > Your cousin.  Since she's the oldest kid in the house, she's the most responsible and sort of like the leader.  You envy her to no end because she can use a real sword, but at the same time you are in awe of her.  Mother says she's a slacker, though, but you don't think that's much of a fault.
> Sonozaki Daichi
  > Your cousin, who is the farthest from you in personality: he's like a fireball of energy.  He's almost never home because he always goes out to play for hours on end with the other village boys.  The two of you get along, and he always tries to be chivalrous and stuff.  He's also kind of a troublemaker, something you think is going to rub off on you some day.
> Sonozaki Hino
  > Your cousin.  She's only one year your senior, but she always tries to take charge of things whenever the two of you are together.  Despite these small power struggles, the two of you are still close friends and would never lie to each other...except Hino still doesn't know about the hat, and you feel kind of guilty about that.

> You've caught glimpses of youkai, but you've never approached any or talked to them.  It feels like they're from a completely different world than you, the way they appear and disappear in the blink of an eye.
> You found the hat at the base of the huge oak tree in the forest, which is pretty close to the creek you like to catch frogs in.  It was sitting over what you think might have been a badger hole, actually.  You're keeping it in the closet right now with all of your clothes.

>Quests
>Inventory
>Hunger Status
>Mental Health
>Physical Health

> Quests:

> No quests currently.

> Inventory:

> Red and white robes (equipped)
  > A white kosode with a red pattern on the hems of the sleeves, with a hakama with the same design.  Footwear is geta with tabi.
> Red haori (unequipped)
  > A red haori you wear if it's colder out.
> ?15
  > An accumulation of allowance money from the past three weeks.

> Status:
  > Hunger: You're not very hungry right now, but you think you'll be in an hour or so.
  > Mental: You're all right in the head, as far as you're concerned.
  > Physical: You currently have no ailments to speak of.

>Did the moon go weird a few months back?

> No, aside from the moon phases, nothing every really happens to it.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 10:37:44 PM »
>MOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! >=[
>Examine our room and possessions, it may be time for a good session of frog-hunting!

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 10:49:46 PM »
>MOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! >=[
>Examine our room and possessions, it may be time for a good session of frog-hunting!

> The moon's pretty...pretty boring!
> You take a look around your room for your possessions, which ultimately leads you to the closet.  You have a small box with an impressive collection of bird feathers, bird nests, and snail shells you've found in the creek, as well as your faithful net and basket, which you use to capture insects and other tiny, squirmy things.  Unfortunately, you have no grasshoppers or crawfish or anything like that because you have to let them go at the end of the day.  There's also the box in the corner of the closet where you and Hino keep your toys, as well as your sketchbook and crayons.  On top of the chest where you keep your clothes is the conical straw hat, sitting there like some holy artifact.  Your spine tingles just looking at it...what kind of feeling is this, anyway?
> Yours and Hino's room is big enough for both of you to have plenty of wiggle room; there are also a few potted plants here and there, added by Hino's request.  It's nicely well kept, as Mother is always telling all of you that it's important to have a clean room, so you'll know where everything is.

> _

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 10:52:08 PM »
>Equip hat.

For some reason, I wanna take the sketchbook.

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 11:01:19 PM »
>Equip hat.

> You can't resist anymore, and put the hat on your head.
> Equipped: Conical hat
  > You found this in the forest yesterday and haven't told anyone about it.  It's just an straw hat, but somehow you can feel a strange energy coming from it.  What's stranger is that there are two slits on the side.
> You somehow feel lighter when you put it on.  It's a bit big on you, though.

> _

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 11:12:08 PM »
> This hat... is so cool~
> Do we have a mirror? Take a look in it!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 11:14:43 PM »
>Do we have any bags or purses?
>If so, grab one, grab the crayons, sketchbook, net and basket and put them in there.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 11:26:12 PM »
> This hat... is so cool~
> Do we have a mirror? Take a look in it!

> This hat is awesome!
> There's a mirror inside the closet, so you take a look at your reflection in it.  Not bad, not bad.  Maybe you should wear this hat more often.

>Do we have any bags or purses?
>If so, grab one, grab the crayons, sketchbook, net and basket and put them in there.

> You have your school satchel.
> You empty the books out of your satchel and stuff your crayons, sketchbook, net, and basket into them.  It feels a little heavy, but it should work.
> Obtained: x1 sketchbook, x1 pack of crayons, x1 net, x1 basket

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 11:31:03 PM »
>Admire our headgear a bit more, and head out.

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 11:31:47 PM »
> Where's a good place to draw and catch crawlies?
> More importantly, where's a good way where we can sneak out without anyone noticing? Can't let them find out about the hat...

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 11:40:05 PM »
>Admire our headgear a bit more, and head out.

> Where's a good place to draw and catch crawlies?
> More importantly, where's a good way where we can sneak out without anyone noticing? Can't let them find out about the hat...

> You take a moment to admire your new hat.
> The best place to catch all the creepy crawlies is the creek.  It's very close to where you found the hat, actually.
> You think the best place to sneak out would be through the back door leading to the wraparound deck, and from there you can just dart across the fields and into the forest.  With that thought in mind, you head out that way.
> Standing on the deck, you take note that there's no sign of Sayane anywhere in this part of the house.  Grandmother, of course, is still in bed, which leaves...
> "Meira?"
> ...Mother.  You hear her calling out to you from inside the house.

> _

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 11:48:10 PM »
> Take off the hat and hide it under the deck!
> "Yes, mother?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 11:51:25 PM »
> Take off the hat and hide it under the deck!
> "Yes, mother?"

> In the spur of the moment, you take off the hat and hide it under the deck.  You then respond to your mother's call.  The door slides open.  You see Mother, a woman with long black hair parted down the middle and a purple yukata, peek around the doorframe.  She gives you a small smile.
> "I was wondering, what would you like for dinner tonight?"

> _

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 11:57:52 PM »
> What's our favourite food?
> If it isn't dinner related, suggest curry.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 12:08:21 AM »
> What's our favourite food?
> If it isn't dinner related, suggest curry.

> You love anything with eel in it, so you suggest just that.
> "I'll see what I can do."  Mother starts to retreat behind the door, but pauses.
> "Are you going out into the forest again?  Be careful, okay sweetie?"

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 12:18:52 AM »
>"Okay, mother, I will!"
>Wait for her to depart, then salvage our hat.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 12:34:36 AM »
>"Okay, mother, I will!"
>Wait for her to depart, then salvage our hat.

> Mother waves to you and disappears behind the door.
> The second she does so, you retrieve and reequip your hat from under the deck.  Looks like she didn't find out about it...

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 12:47:54 AM »
>To the creek!

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 12:58:02 AM »
>To the creek!

> On that note, you dart off across the fields, running until you reach the forest.  there, you slow down and start walking deeper into the trees as you catch your breath.  The trees here are very close together, with a carpet of foliage underfoot and bushes here and there.  It's easy to lose one's way, but you know the forest well enough to be able to get to the creek and back.  As it's summer, everything is bright and green, and the cries of cicadas echo all around, the bugs themselves out of sight.  The ground gently slopes and becomes a bit rockier, and then evens out again as you hear the faint sound of rushing water.  You eventually make it to the creek, a thin strip of rushing water that goes up to your ankles, winding in and out of the trees.  It's a little clearing with ferns growing here and there.  It is also next to the creek where you see the huge oak tree and badger hole where you found the hat.

> _

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 01:10:34 AM »
> Take off our tabi and geta, and patter around the creek looking for frogs.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 01:14:10 AM »
> Take off our tabi and geta, and patter around the creek looking for frogs.

> You take off your footwear, set it off to the side, and head into the creek.  The water is almost icy when you first step into it, but you quickly get adjusted to it and start looking around for frogs.  For a good while, you see nothing in the water, but downstream you swear you see something moving in the rocks.

> _

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2011, 01:17:43 AM »
> Let's check that out! Put our pack next to our footwear, get the net, and go over!

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2011, 01:20:48 AM »
> Let's check that out! Put our pack next to our footwear, get the net, and go over!

> You hurriedly put your satchel with your footwear, grab the net, and rush over to where you saw the movement.
> Over at the rocks downstream, you see nothing at first, but then you hear a small splashing sound to your left.

> _

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2011, 01:28:28 AM »
> Ready the net and find the source of the splashing.
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2011, 01:30:31 AM »
> Ready the net and find the source of the splashing.

> You ready your net and look in the direction the splashing sound came from.
> You see a small frog, swimming upstream towards another rock.

> _

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2011, 01:36:26 AM »
> Sneaky feet, splashy feet, catch the frog in a beat!