Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 207214 times)

Magepigeon

• Bringing ridiculous back.
Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #750 on: October 09, 2011, 06:55:30 PM »
I just pulled off a UFO Normal 1cc with ReimuA. I had been trying for ages with MarisaA, but when I tried someone else it worked much better.
I've been playing off and on since December '10, so I'm a bit behind in skill level, but I'm getting there...

« Reply #751 on: October 09, 2011, 08:37:05 PM »
I just did my best PCB clear yet - no-death run up to the Prismrivers' last card, two lives lost on Youmu and two on Yuyuko. And it was with Marisa B, the shot type I hadn't completed PCB with default lives with yet. Later on I beat the extra stage with that same shot type. Now I just need to clear the stage with MariB and I'll have all the characters for Phantasm. 

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #752 on: October 09, 2011, 09:48:46 PM »
I just pulled off a UFO Normal 1cc with ReimuA. I had been trying for ages with MarisaA, but when I tried someone else it worked much better.
For me it was sort of the opposite (for my first clear).
I ttried with SanaeA, didn't like much, SanaeB, kept dying, ReimuA, kept failing stages, ReimuB, almost cleared several times, and then I randomly tried with MarisaA, having never seen either Marisa shot type used.
I 1cced.

90 FPS phantasm is something I know I can do now, I just need to not derp with bombs in stock.  Got to (and captured) Ran before failing to BoHaY.  Went to IN spell practice and dodged the first 6 waves of Yukari's Last Word at 90 FPS, so I can count on a Bounded Field capture, leaving only BoLaD to worry about.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #753 on: October 09, 2011, 10:28:16 PM »
For me it was sort of the opposite (for my first clear).
I ttried with SanaeA, didn't like much, SanaeB, kept dying, ReimuA, kept failing stages, ReimuB, almost cleared several times, and then I randomly tried with MarisaA, having never seen either Marisa shot type used.
I 1cced.

90 FPS phantasm is something I know I can do now, I just need to not derp with bombs in stock.  Got to (and captured) Ran before failing to BoHaY.  Went to IN spell practice and dodged the first 6 waves of Yukari's Last Word at 90 FPS, so I can count on a Bounded Field capture, leaving only BoLaD to worry about.

I personally think UFO's ReimuB is one of the coolest and best amulet Reimus in the series. Maybe it's because the amulets feel so floaty and the way Fantasy Seal got represented as a not terribly weak bomb.
[/offtopic]

I saw you post here and I was thinking you managed to beat IN Extra 90FPS...
Mountain of Faith Extra, ReimuC, no visible hitbox.
How the fuck did I score higher here than with my normal MarisaC runs?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #754 on: October 09, 2011, 11:04:06 PM »
I saw you post here and I was thinking you managed to beat IN Extra 90FPS...
Well, I did just clear IN extra at 90 FPS a couple minutes ago.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16308

Next up is Phantasm.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #755 on: October 09, 2011, 11:48:34 PM »
Holy crap, I got to the part right before Patchouli on EoSD Lunatic
I wouldn't call that too bad for the first time I had ever touched the setting

« Reply #756 on: October 09, 2011, 11:54:05 PM »
Ten Transformations.

Just....Ten Transformations.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #758 on: October 10, 2011, 12:10:13 AM »
First MarisaA Ran clear

Man that was weird

Since when does dying cost less cherries than bombs
I was almost inclined at a few points to die rather than bomb because of it

And I almost captured Izuna Gongen -_-

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #759 on: October 10, 2011, 02:32:24 AM »
Shikieiki's extra clear first try.
I was putting it off due to Reimu being the final boss, but ended up failing Sakuya as many times as Reimu, at 3 apiece.  Yay first round Aya battle.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #760 on: October 10, 2011, 09:42:18 AM »
I haven't been following, but has anyone cleared SA Ultra Extra?

« Reply #761 on: October 10, 2011, 10:29:25 AM »
Not as far as I know. Me and Aizo managed to get to Embers of Love which seems pretty impossible. It would probably be possible to make it past that but clearing seems out of the question.

mikeKOSA

« Reply #762 on: October 10, 2011, 11:04:49 AM »
It's impossible to pass Embers of Love. Hell, it's even impossible to take out half of her lifebar.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:30:12 AM by Aizo »

« Reply #763 on: October 10, 2011, 11:28:37 AM »
Yeah. That's pretty much my estimation too. The entire screen becomes a death zone where you die immediately upon spawning.
Now, I haven't had too many resources left since most of the stuff before it is pretty ridiculous as well but just not AS ridiculous.

----------------- IN related stuff.
Just went in and tried it and it seems I can still perfect Marisa and Keine without trouble. There are some inconsistencies with both though. Keine's Ephemerality (because i often get this strange idea that I can dodge it without blowing up familiars - shouldn't be troublesome if just i shoot the familiars. Her last spell is also weird for me but that is irrelevant since you won't lose any resources on it. Marisa. Capture the 2nd non-spell and watch the rest of the fight take care of itself. I've had too much practice for this fight since its kinda awesome. I want to 1cc this game without bombs perhabs. If so, I should go up against Eirin since her attacks seems to be less about luck and crappy cards, instead opting to focus on pure dodging.

mikeKOSA

« Reply #764 on: October 10, 2011, 11:43:30 AM »
So close,

immense luck and wall hacks were used. So it is possible to pass it with at least two deaths.

EDIT: Passed Embers of Love, then game overed on Genetics (which is almost the same as the original one) with one star away from the extend. Also, almost capture 2 of Koishi's nonspells (2nd and 3rd I think) and Rorschach.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:02:16 PM by Aizo »

« Reply #765 on: October 10, 2011, 03:25:21 PM »
1D1B Eirin... Its progress. Just too bad the failures were at the two final cards. Still, not too bad. I'll need some more practice to get decent at her though. I would like to regain my consistency at Astronomical Entombing. You can usually dodge it pretty much the same way everytime iirc with the direction bullets are coming from being fixed. I think. Apollo 13... just need to get better I guess. The rest of the battle shouldn't be too terribly hard.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #766 on: October 10, 2011, 03:49:45 PM »
Yeah, I knew Embers of Love is a huge wall, but it didn't seem completely impossible to pass, just very hard. (Entering it with full power seemed like a must.) But who knows what comes after... :3

« Reply #767 on: October 10, 2011, 06:31:20 PM »
I've passed Embers of Love only to fail on her survival (I don't have her movements memorized). Nereid's right, entering Embers of Love with full power is very important (but not completely essential, this run I didn't).

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 06:42:17 PM by Naut »

Formless God

« Reply #768 on: October 10, 2011, 11:06:17 PM »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #769 on: October 11, 2011, 04:06:18 AM »
So having my SA score.dat file randomly reset itself is motivating me to return to the game. I'm focusing on scoring this time, and after a number of tries over the course of the day I was able to apply what I know so far and get past Stage 2 (only 30k graze though). Getting past the first half of Stage 3 is gonna be the hard part for me, but it's nice to know I won't have to spend a ton of time getting back into this. Still, the score.dat reset stings. I hate faulty programming.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #770 on: October 11, 2011, 04:19:21 AM »
random EoSD extra run, 8 cards captured, including Catadioptric.
It's about time I capped that.
Also, Maze of Love second capture (run in circles, this time without homing), survival card second capture.

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #771 on: October 11, 2011, 07:54:33 PM »
SA Lunatic 1cc

yes yes i know, Reimu A makes everything easier. i can only go up to normal with the other shot types right now :\

all i have left now is UFO and EoSD (edit: oh yeah, and TD), then i'll have lunatic clears across the board
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:56:12 PM by Nyyl »

« Reply #772 on: October 11, 2011, 08:01:06 PM »
Hey, everyone uses ReimuA. She isn't broken, the others just each seem to have their parts they are completely suboptimal at. Congratulations with your clear.
EoSD and UFO is up next huh? Its gonna get tough you know. Good luck with it.

« Reply #773 on: October 11, 2011, 08:51:07 PM »
Woo, finally 1cc'd SA Normal! I'm pretty proud that I had no deaths until the very last second or so of "Rekindling of Dead Ashes", though I screwed up "Hell and Heaven Meltdown" and "Subterranean Sun" pretty bad. :<

Also, Last Remote's a pretty awesome theme.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #774 on: October 11, 2011, 10:05:19 PM »
Woo, finally 1cc'd SA Normal! I'm pretty proud that I had no deaths until the very last second or so of "Rekindling of Dead Ashes", though I screwed up "Hell and Heaven Meltdown" and "Subterranean Sun" pretty bad. :<

Also, Last Remote's a pretty awesome theme.

Congratulations!
The deathless streak is something to be proud of, of course

If you play like I do, look forward to hearing the first thirteen seconds of it two hundred times in a row.

« Reply #775 on: October 11, 2011, 10:45:39 PM »

« Reply #776 on: October 11, 2011, 10:51:30 PM »
Managed to pacify Astronomical Entombing all the way down to 15 seconds. Then I messed up. Bugger. Well, its nice to actually get that far. When I was going seriously for it I could never survive more than down to 50 seconds. I guess I can pull off a timeout of this one if I get serious about it. That's why Spell Practice is awesome. As much as Eirin's fight is, mostly, good it would be pretty tedious to play through to attempt a timeout of the final card.

SA Ultra Extra clear.

Cool. Let's watch Naut die and bomb his way to victory.  :]

EDIT: I assume you have a good reason for stalling Subterreanean Rose. Was it because something really nasty happens after it or because you just wanted to win decided to wait it out on the easy part?

Other than that, good performance on the attacks that actually allows such. I like what they did with Genetics.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:08:36 PM by Zengeku »

« Reply #777 on: October 11, 2011, 11:15:04 PM »
EDIT: I assume you have a good reason for stalling Subterreanean Rose. Was it because something really nasty happens after it or because you just wanted to win decided to wait it out on the easy part?

Nasty nasty. You saw what happened with the first wave of SR, aye? Imagine similar stuff for the third wave, except the bullet explosion rose things affect more bullets so there isn't anywhere reasonable to go. Stalling out the second phase is the only way to beat that card with one life, or have absurd gdlk timing. And even then...

« Reply #778 on: October 11, 2011, 11:19:07 PM »
Ultra patches in a nutshell. Figured it was something like that.